facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 13, 2008, 03:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
If you're so keen on writing...
That might be too much for him to handle. Learning the A B C D's first is the way to go.
There are always the alphabet soups if he needs additional assistance

Old July 13, 2008, 03:45 PM
Test Cricketer

$#%@ *=! Just completed writing a long post before accidentally loosing it while submitting! Aargghhh!
Old July 13, 2008, 04:47 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Tamim & Junaid
Default Boomerang Link!

Quote:
If you're so keen on writing...

BOOMERANG LINK!

My posts are not meant for every Tom, Dick and Harry. It is meant for serious intelligible readers who can value details and analysis. I can assure you I have a long list of those verifiable.

So it is of no significance to me if I have minority readers who does not like my style of postings which is okay with me and this segment will always find faults because of inferiority complexes.

It may be worthwhile if you can spit the link to a needy one as you deem appropriate.

Just to remind you that it is inappropriate for someone to volunteer something to somebody you do not know or that has not been asked for .

I am sure you are intelligent and mature enough to understand that.

So moving forward I will appreciate if you can include me on your DNBL – Do not bother me list.

It will save time either way.

Wish you the best .

Allah Hafez.

Cheers!

Whatever THE MIND OF MAN can CONCEIVE and BELIEVE it can ACHIEVE – Napolean Hill

Every ADVERSITY, every FAILURE and every HEARTACHE carries with it the SEED of an equivalent or a greater BENEFIT - Napolean Hill
Old July 13, 2008, 04:56 PM
Banned

Default Welcome Israr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by israr
$#%@ *=! Just completed writing a long post before accidentally loosing it while submitting! Aargghhh!
Welcome Israr!.

I thought you are a smart and active BC forum reader.

For smart people long or short posts does not matter because they are smart either way ( Just kidding off course!).

Give it a shot. Long or short posts. It is going to click.

You can do it!

Best wishes Buddy.

Allah Hafez.

Cheers!

Whatever THE MIND OF MAN can CONCEIVE and BELIEVE it can ACHIEVE – Napolean Hill

Every ADVERSITY, every FAILURE and every HEARTACHE carries with it the SEED of an equivalent or a greater BENEFIT - Napolean Hill

Last edited by reverse_swing; July 18, 2008 at 11:07 AM..
Old July 13, 2008, 05:06 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehteshamul
My posts are not meant for every Tom, Dick and Harry. It is meant for serious intelligible readers who can value details and analysis. I can assure you I have a long list of those verifiable.
Lately I stopped reading your post because of that vertical and bold settings. Now you have complemented my self-withdrawl because by any means, I am not serious and intelligible.
Old July 13, 2008, 11:20 PM
Banned

Default Brave And Timely Decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
Lately I stopped reading your post because of that vertical and bold settings. Now you have complemented my self-withdrawl because by any means, I am not serious and intelligible.

BRAVE AND TIMELY DECISION

I admire your bold admission.

BTW you were never on my favorite list nor I was on yours. So the equation is balanced.

No loss No gain either end.

I am indeed very happy that you are now in my DNBL – Do not bother list. This will give peace of mind to both parties. Isn’t it ?. Makes sense.

Wish you the very best.

Allah Hafez.

Cheers!

Last edited by reverse_swing; July 18, 2008 at 11:08 AM.. Reason: mod.edit
Old July 14, 2008, 12:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

map chai doa chai

bishal bishal alap...... voi paisi re....
Old July 14, 2008, 09:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

....now it hurts....
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old July 14, 2008, 09:41 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash and Tamim

Quote:
Sadz was the second best

He wrote :

Well ehtashamul, I have to say well-though post and for me to admit something so much takes a real go. But your idea of bonuses and fines may be harsh but it is certainly something which has worked for many teams in football and cricket.

See what the IPL is doing? Its making money but also lifting performances and while people after me will disagree with your views I for one strongly agree although the percentage of the fines and bonuses should lower a bit, lol. For e.g can BCB afford o give regular bonuses but also the fine of 1/4 of their salary is a bit too much maybe 1/5 or 1/6. But still good idea and i hope BCB consider this(if they ever read this!) and it would be good for the country too because the money from fines could go to infrastructure and good causes.
Thankyou Ehteshamul, although I dont usually settle for 2nd best I guess I'll just have to do considering the 11 year old kid is 4 yrs younger. BTW, very animated thread this is, long may it continue...
Old July 14, 2008, 10:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash and Tamim

For BD players money is everything so in order fot them to get cash in their pockets they should achieve higher goals such as scoring more runs and then you will see positive results.
Old July 14, 2008, 11:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Ehteshamul bhai, I think your posts are full of quality and very informative and insightful. But the way you present them seems a little patronizing. Maybe if you could get straight to the point and not address every single person who comments on your thread and thank them people will appreciate them more. Anyway, what you suggest is not a new idea it has been talked about before. It can be tried to see if it is effective. But I think the figures that you're suggesting are too much. And keep in mind our players are now part of a union and they can easily sue the board so I think the BCB will be reluctant to try this.
Old July 14, 2008, 11:47 PM
Banned

Default Invitation t0 Participate In Robins Cosy Corner - Cricket Quiz Based on National, South Asian And International Cricket

INVITATION T0 PARTICIPATE IN ROBINS COSY CORNER - CRICKET QUIZ BASED ON NATIONAL, SOUTH ASIAN AND INTERNATIONAL CRICKET.

Readers of this thread and also of threads belonging to other readers are cordially invited to participate in new thread that I have opened on July 13, 2008 titled Robins Cosy Corner - Cricket Quiz based on National, South Asian and International Cricket.

It will be a great opportunity for enthusiasts of all ages to test their knowledge on National, South Asian and International cricket.

The Thread is dedicated to the following individuals for their selfless and solid contribution to BC forum.

This include :

Men Category

Sohel_NR

Tigers_Eye

Kalpurush

Buji Kom

Banfan

Rifat

Cirkfreak

Sadz

Foozy

Sbsash – The new kid on the block

Women’s Category

Zainab

Kathbirali

Antora93- the teenage sensation of BC cricket forum

Shobha

Lamisa

Prantika

Naureen93

Each of the individuals are a jewel and asset for BC forum and a role model as well.

I get inspired and motivated by their infinite energy, enthusiasm ,commitment and involvement that propels me to develop and introduce newer threads.

Keep it up Brothers and Sisters . You have all made BC Cricket forum readers proud.

Now is your great chance to show your mettle further by participating in this New thread titled ‘ ROBINS COSY CORNER (CRICKET QUIZ NATONAL. SOUTH ASIAN INTERNATIONALC CRICKET) PART 1

Robin is my nickname. Because of the light nature of the thread I decided to name the thread after my nickname to convey the non serious nature. A nickname we all know is used when we have an informal relationiship with someone . It was intended to be full of fun as we will soon find Who is the real Cricket champ at least knowledgewise from thousand of members of BC FORUM .

It will be a treat to watch BC Forum Certified Club, First Class, Test Cricketer, Cricket Legion ,Cricket Guru pitted against one another for the top honours.

We will find out on Sunday, July 2008 who is Robin's Cricket Quiz Champion.

Cosy Corner words were chosen to indicate that the thread is non controversial, neutral without any team bias and readers are able to participate with an open mind without any fear or shyness.

Many of you will be able to ace it.

Wish you the very best!.

Good luck to everyone.

Allah Hafez.

Cheers!

Every ADVERSITY, every F

Last edited by reverse_swing; July 18, 2008 at 11:08 AM..
Old July 15, 2008, 10:16 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Don't insult Vladmamu...
Now after going through the "Magic Moments Part 1" thread, I'm taking back my suggested title
Old July 15, 2008, 10:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
GOD BLESS YOU

I am afraid your reply content is for the most part baseless and gives the impression of a poor quality reader.

As a piece of advice read the replies of other Readers and see the big gulf of difference between yours ands others.

Even a eleven year old sbsash displayed great a maturity in his reply .

He wrote :

They should try that and see if the team plays better.

This was possibly the best reply

Sadz was the second best

He wrote :

Well ehtashamul, I have to say well-though post and for me to admit something so much takes a real go. But your idea of bonuses and fines may be harsh but it is certainly something which has worked for many teams in football and cricket.

See what the IPL is doing? Its making money but also lifting performances and while people after me will disagree with your views I for one strongly agree although the percentage of the fines and bonuses should lower a bit, lol. For e.g can BCB afford o give regular bonuses but also the fine of 1/4 of their salary is a bit too much maybe 1/5 or 1/6. But still good idea and i hope BCB consider this(if they ever read this!) and it would be good for the country too because the money from fines could go to infrastructure and good causes.

My buddy Crickfreak was good was well

He wrote :

well.. i think that the penalties are a bit too harsh.. not all.. but some of them..

I am afraid in terms of quality and insights you are nowhere near any of them.

I guess you ought to work hard to get a Driver’s license of a Quality Reader.

Until you attain that it is a NO NO with me

Wishing you the best.

Allah Hafez.

Cheers!

Well, when you try to read a poor quality write up, both in style and substance, it's only normal the reading process suffers. Your stuff is total grocery aisle check out material. Do you even know the difference between writing and reading? You tell a lot of people that they are 'poor readers'. How would know that? You can only tell how people write in the forum. Your writing capacity won't impress a sixth grader.

Last edited by reverse_swing; July 18, 2008 at 11:09 AM..
Old July 15, 2008, 10:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
GOD BLESS YOU

I am afraid your reply content is for the most part baseless and gives the impression of a poor quality reader.

As a piece of advice read the replies of other Readers and see the big gulf of difference between yours ands others.

Even a eleven year old sbsash displayed great a maturity in his reply .

He wrote :

They should try that and see if the team plays better.

This was possibly the best reply

Sadz was the second best

He wrote :

My buddy Crickfreak was good was well

He wrote :

well.. i think that the penalties are a bit too harsh.. not all.. but some of them..

I am afraid in terms of quality and insights you are nowhere near any of them.

I guess you ought to work hard to get a Driver’s license of a Quality Reader.

Until you attain that it is a NO NO with me

Wishing you the best.

Allah Hafez.

Cheers!

Well, when you try to read a poor quality write up, both in style and substance, it's only normal the reading process suffers. Your stuff is ranked below grocery aisle check out material. Do you even know the difference between writing and reading? You tell a lot of people that they are 'poor readers'. How would you know that? You can only tell how people write in the forum. You are in no position to judge anyones writings. Your writing capacity won't impress a sixth grader.

Drivers license of a reader? Whats that got to do with anything?

Olpo bidday bhoyonkari- you are the living proof.

Now, go play with your cat..

Last edited by reverse_swing; July 18, 2008 at 11:09 AM..
Old July 15, 2008, 11:05 AM
Cricket Legend

You may want to delete the semi-duplicate previous post, otherwise it may take few minutes out of my scroll wheel's lifetime (as he'll quote and reply to both posts).
Old July 15, 2008, 11:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
You may want to delete the semi-duplicate previous post, otherwise it may take few minutes out of my scroll wheel's lifetime (as he'll quote and reply to both posts).
nah..leave it as it is. It might take the fun away.
Old July 15, 2008, 11:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Allah doya koro Allah...maaf chai, arr partesi na.
Old July 15, 2008, 12:10 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
paper fol, bhog koren!
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old July 15, 2008, 03:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
arey mia Allah r kache shukria koro je amader majhe amon ek character er abirvab hoise. Khela harte harte BD team mood kharap korey disey. Just thought when I would take a break for a few weeks from BC, here comes Forrest Gump straight from asman on our lap. Allah tumi boroi meherban
Old July 15, 2008, 03:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Lol...

@Rabz bhai: ami to shunsilam paaper fol hoilo mukhe pimple. Pimple BC te kemne aisha gelo?

@Beamer bhai: A wise man once said "puran **** bhaat pay na, notun **** amdani"
Old July 15, 2008, 03:48 PM
BC Editorial Team

As myself:
Beamer, Spit, Kabir: কেনো কেঁচো খুড়ছো?

Ehteshamul, it should tell you something that some of the oldest and more analytical members of this forum, including myself, have been turned off by your posts. I mean I see your stuff and just skip it. Of course you are well within your rights to post what you want as long as it meets forum guidelines, but it strikes me that you want your lengthy compositions to lead to discourse and not be treated as lectures. So do consider taking a stylistic hint from people such as Miraz, Sauron, Z-bhai, Spit or Eshen (to give you a diverse group).

As mod:
Guys, lay off the personal insults. If you don't care for a post, ignore it.
Old July 15, 2008, 04:02 PM
Cricket Legend

(to mods)

I hope it's okay as long as everyone remain within civil limits.
Old July 15, 2008, 04:28 PM
BC Editorial Team

As mod:
Yes as long things remain civil, it's all good. But surely you are not so starved of entertainment options spitty?
Old July 15, 2008, 04:49 PM
Cricket Legend

BC can be quite boring when there's no series going on