facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 14, 2009, 11:06 PM
Cricket Legend

I hope the player issue is resolved in West Indies, only then we can truly judge our team. Otherwise this back and forth argument will continue..

I am extremely happy with the win but not sure if we can consider this as a great victory, we have defeated many A teams before be it West Indies, South Africa or India.

Old July 14, 2009, 11:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Hahahahaah....all this time I thought of this thread about the comic book...hahahaha...I am so silly!
Old July 15, 2009, 01:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

I am very happy with this win for the following reasons:

- Critics will be stuck in this same whirlwind as we are right now. They can not undermine this win, even though they can not accept it

- It was great to see BD win for a change in TEST

- On paper at least we beat WI already. Arguably, This was WI best team at the moment as per their selectors as the other players were not available, its just like if a certain player is not available for what ever reason and selectors find a new guy to replace him (I know its not the case but its not our problem)

- We just bought ourselves some more time in test cricket to prove something

- We just got a boost of confidence

- Us, the fans got to rejoice on a slice of victory
Old July 15, 2009, 01:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Oh, and someone mentioned something about why Ash is not being blamed now....

Well this is exactly what Ash needs as well. Some confidence booster. He needs to be amongst winners, and not amongst a bunch of dummies who always depend on him to do well.

This eases the pressure off of him, and at least I appreciate that. I appreciate the fact that we can at least give him another chance in peace at this very horrendous time for him, when he lost captaincy and is barely hanging on to his spot in the team.
Old July 15, 2009, 04:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

How many remember WI beat packer hit Aus in 1970s or Eng won Ashes in 1977 as original Aus team was playing at night
Old July 15, 2009, 06:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody
How many remember WI beat packer hit Aus in 1970s or Eng won Ashes in 1977 as original Aus team was playing at night
Lol, not sure even whether the molecule of my dad that I came from was born at that time or not.
Old July 15, 2009, 06:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Very well said RazabQ, same can be told about many past wins of Ind while they enjoyed playing against reduced teams due to Packers ban.

A win is a win, and it's the official WI national team, who cares if they had better players. Shouldn't ignore the fact that BD is also a reduced team since ICL incident and we have just regrouped with what we had. If they failed to bring in their best squad it's their failure & we have nothing to think about it. These are part of the game.
Old July 15, 2009, 06:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
We know you will only be happy when our wins happen against Australia
... @ the WACA (fastest pitch in the world)
... with Don Bradman brought back by a time machine,
.... Shane Warne circa mid 90s,
.... with a young Lille opening bowling with McGrath and Thommo coming first change.
.... The umpires would be Australian.
.... And the pitch would have enough grass that a 200 over old ball would seam about as well as bounce.

The win would have to happen in two days and by an innings _and_ 10 wickets!
The win would have to be so awesome that Hookes would turn in his grave.
The win would have to be so comprehensive that the trolls in pakpassion and rediff would hand in their membership and start supporting BD cricket.
If that happens, it is a certain match-fixing. No credit!
Old July 15, 2009, 08:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
How would you feel if the table is turned, and Afganistan/Nepal plays against Faisal, Tushar, Rajin, HSarkar, Taposh, and few other U-19 players and win a tight one. And that goes in the record books as Afganistan beats BD in the highest form of cricket.

The same diehard fans who are criticizing here would not give credit to the Afgans. Calling a spade as a spade is not a crime. If the real WI 11 plays the second test match we may have to wait for a long time for another test victory as a drought may settle in again.

I know this thread is created to be funny (and I love Razab's funny bone) but then again this can turn in to serious one if the someone takes offense in expressing their thought. Calling out the naysayers does not show class.
well, there has to be a balance.

this win certainly has an asterisk, but at the same time, the team showed heart and its improtant to carry that forward against "real" teams.

the problem is not in questioning the "authenticity" of this win, but questioning why we have to have some posts which seem to have been stamped with fishyguys's seal of approval.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 15, 2009, 10:39 AM
Test Cricketer

I do not understand the point of this thread. I am a bit surprised that RQ opened it. Is it not a fair question that how weak this "WI team" was with respect to the regular WI squad? Is it even equivalent to a WI-A team? How many of the 9 previously uncapped players played for the WI-A team? How their First class stats compare with those of the regulars?

I am glad we were on top this bunch. Loosing or even drawing against them would equivalent to having "eggs on our face" and it would only have provided more fodder for our detractors. I hope WICB fields the team that toured England. I have every reason to believe that we will be competitive against them if we are playing with 11 players (i.e. with reploacements for the ineffective Mash and incompetent Ash).

Last edited by LateCut; July 15, 2009 at 11:36 AM..
Old July 15, 2009, 11:00 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateCut
I do not understahnd the point of this thread. I am a bit surprised that RQ opened it. Is it not a fair question that how weak this "WI team" was with respect to the regular WI squad? Is it even equivalent to a WI-A team? How many of the 9 previously uncapped players played for the WI-A team? How their First class stats compare with those of the regulars?
Just for your information, there were 7 uncapped players in the west indies playing XI that played against Bangladesh. Let's have a look at their credential

Dale Richards : Was part of the Test squad that toured England.
Kemar Roach : Played ODI for West Indies and is considered as a very promising fast bowler
Nikita Miller : A regular in West Indies ODI team and played 15 ODIs so far.
Ryan Austin : Played for West Indies A and 41 FC games
Travis Dowlin : Played for West Indies A and was named in the World Cup 2007 squad.

Omar Philips : Did not play for West Indies or West Indies A. Second highest run scorer in the last domestic tournament.
Chadwick walton : Did not play for West Indies or West Indies A. He bagged the second highest dismissal for the domestic season and among top ten in the run scoring list.

So, people who are thinking that this WI teamm is not even a B or C team has no knowledge about West Indies cricket and should keep their mouth shut. Only two players did not play for West Indies or West Indies A team, but they are leading perofrmers in doemstic competition, young and are considered as their bright prospects.
Old July 15, 2009, 11:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
How would you feel if the table is turned, and Afganistan/Nepal plays against Faisal, Tushar, Rajin, HSarkar, Taposh, and few other U-19 players and win a tight one. And that goes in the record books as Afganistan beats BD in the highest form of cricket.

The same diehard fans who are criticizing here would not give credit to the Afgans. Calling a spade as a spade is not a crime. If the real WI 11 plays the second test match we may have to wait for a long time for another test victory as a drought may settle in again.

I know this thread is created to be funny (and I love Razab's funny bone) but then again this can turn in to serious one if the someone takes offense in expressing their thought. Calling out the naysayers does not show class.
I will be mad at my team, and not Afghans, for putting Faisal, Tushar et all to face them to begin with. You face the team that is presented in front of you without considering their internal reasons. That is not my problem. If you care to remember, when we beat India the first time in ODI ( Dhaka ), they rested a bunch of their main players. So, was that victory less deserved as well? No, in my book. Whatever reason India had to rest a lot of their main players were their reason, not mine. Simmilarly, Afghans should have as much pride if they beat us with the players that you mentioned in your team.
Old July 15, 2009, 11:09 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

BC will always have its share of overexuberant fans and pessimistic fans.

Of course I'd love to see us win against a stronger WI team or a stronger opponent in general but given our history so far in test cricket, I'll take a win for what it is. If we lost it would still be counted as another defeat, so why can't we celebrate finally winning another test, especially our first abroad? It's only when the overexuberant fans get ahead of themselves that I have to side with the pessimist fan in me.
Old July 15, 2009, 11:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
So, people who are thinking that this WI teamm is not even a B or C team has no knowledge about West Indies cricket and should keep their mouth shut. Only two players did not play for West Indies or West Indies A team, but they are leading perofrmers in doemstic competition, young and are considered as their bright prospects.
Really! Example of freedom of speech enforced by BC editor!
Old July 15, 2009, 11:42 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateCut
Really! Example of freedom of speech enforced by BC editor!
Please try to counter my argument and the data I have provided in my reply to your post.

I guess you don't have adequate backup data to support your case and now preferring ad hominem attack
Old July 15, 2009, 11:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Please try to counter my argument and the data I have provided in my reply to your post.

I guess you don't have adequate backup data to support your case and now preferring ad hominem attack
Owned.

Go Miraz!
Old July 15, 2009, 12:32 PM
BC Editorial Team

@ Late Cut - note, I posted as myself. It's not like I'm deleting and editing the posts which are, IMHO, overly negative. As a BD cricket fan, I am allowed to express my frustration at self-deprecation gone crazy!
Old July 15, 2009, 12:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

I am not attacking you. Your info on this WI team is what I was soliciting. I and many BC members do have doubts about the strength of this team. I was just wondering how would this WI team perform against the full strength WI team. It is not a question that I am not the only one asking. This team is referred as the second string team (CI Article) in other forums. We are discussing if it so or perhaps worse. Your info seem to suggest this is probably as good as an A team. That is kind of discussion I was hoping for. However, you are suggesting that we should shut up because we may not have the info in our finger tips. That is not only undemocratic but also opposite to the BC's expressed goal of providing a free forum where everybody has a voice (for those who are knowledgeable and those may not be).
Old July 15, 2009, 12:53 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Old July 15, 2009, 01:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
@ Late Cut - note, I posted as myself. It's not like I'm deleting and editing the posts which are, IMHO, overly negative. As a BD cricket fan, I am allowed to express my frustration at self-deprecation gone crazy!
I was just surprized. I find your threads you open interesting. I was just noting that that it was a bit out of character form your other threads. Of course, you can vent your frustration anyway you want.
Old July 15, 2009, 01:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

[Deleted]
My fault. Looking for something that isn't here. Sorry!!

Last edited by Tigers_eye; July 15, 2009 at 01:21 PM..
Old July 15, 2009, 01:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
This is so funny!! Where is my F team post? and the post replied by Miraz? I am sure none of us broke any board rules. I just went to lunch and now those are gone.

Actually it is not funny any more.
Absolutely. It just goes to show how pathetic bunch of dunderheads we are. We can't even decide if we should be happy or not. Perhaps we are not mentallt ready for wins.
Old July 15, 2009, 01:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
This is so funny!! Where is my F team post? and the post replied by Miraz? I am sure none of us broke any board rules. I just went to lunch and now those are gone.

Actually it is not funny any more.
lolz.. in the other thread..

Miraz bhai posted samething in two different threads. You replied to his post in the thread "this test win mean nothing".

Your post is still there
Old July 15, 2009, 01:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Dear Miraz and others,
I am not comparing BD cricket struture, history to WI's. That would not make sense. However, if I can create F team with similar experienced players for BD players matching the WI side who played in the test match, don't you think, there can be B, C, D and E teams created with in the pool of players that WI have?
Old July 15, 2009, 01:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
lolz.. in the other thread..

Miraz bhai posted samething in two different threads. You replied to his post in the thread "this test win mean nothing".

Your post is still there
In that case, I am very sorry!! Will find that post.