facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 19, 2020, 11:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Default When will Litton Das finally start delivering regularly?

The title speaks for itself. I am quite sick of Litton being a constant failure. He averages sub 25 in Tests and ODIs. He is somewhat decent in T20Is where he gives us a quick start.

Everyone says he has a lot of talent and we can see that, but its about time he scores quantity of runs, and not quality. But when though? He is already 25 years old. How long are we going to persist with him on the basis that he has talent? Ashraful had better averages than him, yet we discarded him right?

Old February 19, 2020, 11:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Ashraful had better averages than him, yet we discarded him right?
Some of the BC oldies just think too much of that bolod. No, Ashraful didn't have a better average than Liton, in any format. Also, his ODI SR was poor, even for the era he played.

Only reason he survived so long was that the team was full of rubbish like Aftab and SN (even Bashar was a regular in the ODI team!).

Coaches that followed Whatmore should have ended his career much earlier. Even back then, we had way better options like Marshall Ayub and Shamsur Rahman, that the selectors-coaches failed to groom, in place of this bolod.
Old February 20, 2020, 12:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Also, his ODI SR was poor, even for the era he played.
A SR of 70 in that era was decent ie low average.

Ash was phased out in 2010 once other players became more consistent.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 20, 2020, 01:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
A SR of 70 in that era was decent ie low average.

Ash was phased out in 2010 once other players became more consistent.
Only about 3-4 player became consistent with their batting, they are still our batting fort since the last 10 years. Though times ahead ...
Old February 20, 2020, 06:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

I think he has hit the ceiling. He is like Soumya and will be gone as soon as consistent youngsters are drafted in.
Old February 20, 2020, 10:07 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I would pick Shohan over him in tests. This guy cant even hear clear edge, too shaky.
Old February 20, 2020, 11:42 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

until he doesnt get slapped left and right... this will continue. Same with pretty much every other player we have
Old February 20, 2020, 11:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
until he doesnt get slapped left and right... this will continue. Same with pretty much every other player we have
Next rotation should be for Nurul Hasan or someone similar. Liton has gotten enough chances.
Old February 20, 2020, 12:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

That knock he played in the WC against us was superb.

Shame that he hasn't been as solid since.
Old February 20, 2020, 12:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Hoitoba...Kuno ekdin hobey hoito. Keu jane na, keu boltey parey naa.
Old February 20, 2020, 12:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Hoitoba...Kuno ekdin hobey hoito. Keu jane na, keu boltey parey naa.
Those days are over. We now have enough talent pool to do rotation.

Nurul Hasan should be in next rotation in place of LKD.
Old February 20, 2020, 12:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
Those days are over. We now have enough talent pool to do rotation.

Nurul Hasan should be in next rotation in place of LKD.
I know, I hear you BookFinder bhaiya. I totally agree. Litton is a Lipton Tea Bag with holes in it, no good and for a LOoong time too! When a Fiat does not start after ignition trial of 20 times and maybe it kicked once, it is way passed time to replace it.

You know, I just write/say stuff, whatever comes to mind, silly stuff. Nobody takes me seriously, not even my own children, wife and family.
Old February 20, 2020, 12:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
I know, I hear you BookFinder bhaiya. I totally agree. Litton is a Lipton Tea Bag with holes in it, no good and for a LOoong time too! When a Fiat does not start after ignition trial of 20 times and maybe it kicked once, it is way passed time to replace it.

You know, I just write/say stuff, whatever comes to mind, silly stuff. Nobody takes me seriously, not even my own children, wife and family.
Haha good stuff about the Fiat. You are right.
Old February 20, 2020, 01:17 PM
Cricket Legend

I would like to label Litton as Boiraton for not hearing a couple of edges.
Old February 20, 2020, 02:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
I would like to label Litton as Boiraton for not hearing a couple of edges.
I'm pretty sure the phone's keyboard autocorrected it to Borat.
Old February 20, 2020, 02:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
I'm pretty sure the phone's keyboard autocorrected it to Borat.
I have used the term Boiraton so often it doesn't
Old February 20, 2020, 03:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Nurul doesn't look solid as a batter, he doesn't match the potential that Liton has.
But I share the same opinion as MH, we need runs and the way Liton has performed for the last 3/4 years I think Nurul could not have done worse.
And should I mention Nurul is a super good WK, saw him this years BPL.
Old February 20, 2020, 06:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Liton needs to stay in the national team. He can be a big player for us. I have high hopes for him. He's still young as well.
Old February 20, 2020, 07:43 PM
Cricket Guru

If you filter out minnow matches, Liton's current average in 26 ODIs is 24.2. Against the same set of oppositions, Shakib's average after 26 ODIs was 25.5, Tamim 25.46, and Mushfiq 16.76

Rhodes, Domingo, Mash all have seen something special in Liton. IMO, we currently don't have an attacking batsman of his caliber in the national team besides Soumya. IMO, he's totally worth sticking with in LOI.

However, I do like to see Nurul given an extended go in the Test team, given he's a way better keeper.
Old February 21, 2020, 12:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
If you filter out minnow matches, Liton's current average in 26 ODIs is 24.2. Against the same set of oppositions, Shakib's average after 26 ODIs was 25.5, Tamim 25.46, and Mushfiq 16.76

Rhodes, Domingo, Mash all have seen something special in Liton. IMO, we currently don't have an attacking batsman of his caliber in the national team besides Soumya. IMO, he's totally worth sticking with in LOI.

However, I do like to see Nurul given an extended go in the Test team, given he's a way better keeper.
It's not that coaches have seen anything special. It is that litton is special. He has immense potential and it's shown when he is scoring those 20s and 30s but he gets himself out.

The reason why we are unhappy with Litton is that we have pinned our faith on him because we know he has the ability which others players don't have.

Also unfair to compare our seniors with Litton. Our seniors had played 26 matches before they were 20 and in that era we had poor domestics, average coaching staff and batting in that era wasn't as easy as it is now. Wait did I just say our Domestics is better now? We have DPL which has List A status now, a BCL where only the best play and even a Premier T20 league where top foreigners often participate. After all these facilities a 26 year old Litton is to be compared with a 20 year old Mushfiqur Rahim playing during tough times, then God help us!
Old February 21, 2020, 07:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Also unfair to compare our seniors with Litton. Our seniors had played 26 matches before they were 20 and in that era we had poor domestics, average coaching staff and batting in that era wasn't as easy as it is now. Wait did I just say our Domestics is better now? We have DPL which has List A status now, a BCL where only the best play and even a Premier T20 league where top foreigners often participate. After all these facilities a 26 year old Litton is to be compared with a 20 year old Mushfiqur Rahim playing during tough times, then God help us!
Your arguments keep getting more and more ridiculous - what improvement in the domestics you're talking about ?! How in the world DPL being recognized as List-A suppose to make it any better?!

if you're expecting experience in our domestics to substitute for years of experience in international cricket, then my friend, I have to say you know little to nothing about quality of our domestics, or international cricket for that matter.

The same Liton your're complaining about still makes our domestics look like a joke. Heck, even the latest addition to the Gullu Club, Saif Hassan, makes our domestics look like a joke. Liton, Mosaddek, Saif all came out of U/19 and almost immediately started to boss the domestics - but that did nothing to help them improve.

Last edited by Eshen; February 21, 2020 at 07:46 PM..
Old February 23, 2020, 12:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Your arguments keep getting more and more ridiculous - what improvement in the domestics you're talking about ?! How in the world DPL being recognized as List-A suppose to make it any better?!

if you're expecting experience in our domestics to substitute for years of experience in international cricket, then my friend, I have to say you know little to nothing about quality of our domestics, or international cricket for that matter.

The same Liton your're complaining about still makes our domestics look like a joke. Heck, even the latest addition to the Gullu Club, Saif Hassan, makes our domestics look like a joke. Liton, Mosaddek, Saif all came out of U/19 and almost immediately started to boss the domestics - but that did nothing to help them improve.
Saif hassan has average domestic stats. Mosaddek has great average because he played lots of FC cricket and List A matches during his absolute peak. Mosaddek still has a lot of potential, just that we have always forced him to play as a finisher when he is more suited to no. 5. And he got what 3 test matches under his belt in his entire career.

Anyways, I truly believe that our domestics is BELOW part. And yes I believe that our domestics has improved A LOT in the last 12 years. List A status ensured clubs and players take it a bit more seriously, doesn't matter too much but its still something. BCL is pretty good and we have our own premier league. And certainly if our players of the past had similar facilities they would certainly do much better than Litton.

See what I am trying to state here is that, Litton has the ability, and its not only because he bullies domestic bowlers. He annihilated the India bowling attack, which had Bumrah, BK, Chahal and that too on a difficult wicket. Very few people can do that. I don't rate Saif Hassan much as of yet. But I have seen Litton enough to know that he should certainly be averaging 35+ in ODIs and Tests but he doesn't. International cricket IS hard. In last 3 innings Shanto has played a few solid knocks at the age of 21 right? My question is why Litton who has more experience, more talent, cannot play nearly as good as Shanto?
Old February 23, 2020, 12:37 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ Well, Shanto is an accumulator, innings builder, while Liton is an aggressive risk taker. You need both types on your side, specially in LOI. Someone like Liton will be always a gamble - someday he will win the match for you single-handedly, other days he will be absolute failure. Generally aggressive batsmen take longer to pay dividend for the faith you put in them.

In our current set-up, we got enough accumulators, we got to invest in couple of aggressors. Currently, Liton-Soumya are the best we have for those roles.

Naim-Afif are other two to consider, but it's still very early for them. Naim had certain weaknesses during his U/19-HP days. It still remains to be seen if opposition bowlers can figure out those weaknesses and can exploit them, and how Naim counteracts if that happens. Afif - think this guy already let fame get to his head (thanks to Papon-Hasina), still remains to be seen how he go on from here.
Old February 23, 2020, 12:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
^^ Well, Shanto is an accumulator, innings builder, while Liton is an aggressive risk taker. You need both types on your side. Someone like Liton will be always a gamble - someday he will win the match for you single-handedly, other days he will be absolute failure. Generally aggressive batsmen take longer to pay dividend for the faith you put in them.

In our current set-up, we got enough accumulators, we got to invest in couple of aggressors. Currently, Liton-Soumya are the best we have for those roles.
Ok, we will give him another million matches to see if he can get anywhere close to 30 avg in all formats. Meanwhile, we will bench every single other players who may have potential just so that this legendary LKD gets to avg 30 after million matches.
Old February 23, 2020, 01:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Saif hassan has average domestic stats. Mosaddek has great average because he played lots of FC cricket and List A matches during his absolute peak. Mosaddek still has a lot of potential, just that we have always forced him to play as a finisher when he is more suited to no. 5. And he got what 3 test matches under his belt in his entire career.

Anyways, I truly believe that our domestics is BELOW part. And yes I believe that our domestics has improved A LOT in the last 12 years. List A status ensured clubs and players take it a bit more seriously, doesn't matter too much but its still something. BCL is pretty good and we have our own premier league. And certainly if our players of the past had similar facilities they would certainly do much better than Litton.

See what I am trying to state here is that, Litton has the ability, and its not only because he bullies domestic bowlers. He annihilated the India bowling attack, which had Bumrah, BK, Chahal and that too on a difficult wicket. Very few people can do that. I don't rate Saif Hassan much as of yet. But I have seen Litton enough to know that he should certainly be averaging 35+ in ODIs and Tests but he doesn't. International cricket IS hard. In last 3 innings Shanto has played a few solid knocks at the age of 21 right? My question is why Litton who has more experience, more talent, cannot play nearly as good as Shanto?
Ashraful destroyed English attack and legendary Australian team back in 2005. Just for that innings alone we should bring back Ashraful and forever seal his place in the team.