facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 12, 2017, 03:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Would opinions still be the same if he picked up a 4-wicket haul today?

We have to look at the context of the match he was bowling in....

*No team bowling second have ever won a game at the Wankhede Stadium in IPL matches

*There was dew on the field, making it hard for the bowlers to grip the ball. Rashid Khan gave Krunal Pandya a juicy full-toss because of this.

*The ball was not gripping in the surface, so makes it harder for Mustafizur to deliver his cutters. Bumrah and Malinga took advantage of this when they were bowling and no dew was present.

**Mustafizur look fit, he fielded well. He was in the game, but just couldn't deliver.

Old April 12, 2017, 05:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Nicely written.

Some people here acts the same way shikhar Dhawan bats, feast or famine, no middle ground for them, one day they will hype him up to the Moon, as if he is the next best thing after sliced bread, the very next day if he does not perform they will bash the living daylight out of him, fans in general are fickle minded across the globe, but some posters here are something else altogether.
Old April 12, 2017, 05:52 PM
Cricket Guru

^ We're a bipolar bunch, doesn't take much for us to go from 0-100
Old April 12, 2017, 07:57 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Nicely written.

Some people here acts the same way shikhar Dhawan bats, feast or famine, no middle ground for them, one day they will hype him up to the Moon, as if he is the next best thing after sliced bread, the very next day if he does not perform they will bash the living daylight out of him, fans in general are fickle minded across the globe, but some posters here are something else altogether.
poster all over the world are like this, you get different types of opinions on every forum. stop generalizing

anyway I was afraid of fizz losing his value in IPL if he plays this year. he is not in form. even though he picked up 4 wickets last T20I match his bowling wasn't like the fizz of old. I wanted him to rest, regain his form and comeback strong next year.
Old April 12, 2017, 08:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Guys, those who saw the match, what was his speed like? did he touch 140?
Old April 12, 2017, 08:53 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Guys, those who saw the match, what was his speed like? did he touch 140?
just watched the 1st over..he was 120ish
Old April 12, 2017, 08:54 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

What happened? he got tonked for runs in his match in IPL? That is like the best news ever. Get benched and stay fresh for Champions Trophy.
Old April 12, 2017, 09:09 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

One match and he's already finished? Haire. He will comeback strong next time when he plays.
Old April 12, 2017, 09:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
What happened? he got tonked for runs in his match in IPL? That is like the best news ever. Get benched and stay fresh for Champions Trophy.
I was thinking the same. I even wanted to open a thread saying that if Mustafizur does not play it will help Bangladesh a lot. Although if I say that now a lot of IPL fanboys will say sour grapes, but think about it, he has just come out of injury and he hasn't really performed to his potential. Forget the wickets he took in the SL series, if you look at his bowling carefully you will see it is not the same Fizz. He lost a lot of pace which is the best indicator that he is not back to his full potential yet. I hope and pray SRH drops him, I am not going to miss him from IPL because I haven't watched it yet.

If it was an Aussie player, he would have said not this season, made an excuse and not gone to IPL. Some of them even leave IPL mid season, called back by the board or just make an excuse and disappear. Mustafizur has a valid reason, don't know why he chose to play. Hope they drop him.
Old April 12, 2017, 11:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Might be Physically beneficial but mentally it will do more damage than good.
Old April 12, 2017, 11:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

maybe mustafiz is playing 4D chess. He lowkey wants to get paid good money but he rather rest up for Champions Trophy. So he made sure in his first ipl game he gets tonked so they dont pick him again. He still gets paid but at the same time he will end up resting
Old April 13, 2017, 12:26 AM
BD-SL 2017 - LOI Winner

Fizz needs to work out his line and length. Yesterday he was all over the place.
Old April 13, 2017, 01:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

I only watched his first over it was horrible bowling from Fizz, his length of bowling was hit me like every single delivery. Don't know what is going in his mind these days. Even two days ago in one news Jalal yunus said still Fizz is struggling in his mental side after post injury although physically he is completely cleared. for some reason I see fizz doesn't look very confidance bowler as he used to be pre injury time.
Old April 13, 2017, 03:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

He just needs to get his **** together.
Old April 13, 2017, 04:13 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Might be Physically beneficial but mentally it will do more damage than good.
Don't worry. Mash and Tamim were horrible IPL players and they still win games for the country.
Old April 13, 2017, 04:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

He's probably worried he'll hurt his shoulder again if he goes full pelt.
Old April 13, 2017, 04:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

This is what happens when you praise some one during their early development that they stop developing and move in the dream of illusion. We are giving the excuse of being injured for a long time. Mustafiz by now should have learned or executed some inswing balls given the talent he posses.
Old April 13, 2017, 04:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Our next Sarkar.
Old April 13, 2017, 03:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Part of me is happy he got smashed, now hoping they don't pick him next match or anymore. Fizz comes back to join national team without any niggles.

Sometimes what happens, happens for the best

A word on his general bowling since return. I've noticed batsmen are picking his variations off his action more easier, and his action looks slightly different to the one last year. If it's fixed don't fix it. What have you done Mr Walsh?!
Old April 14, 2017, 01:35 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

If Tymal Mills who is currently worth 1.8 million goes through 3 bad games, I think its fine even if Fizz has an entire off tournament for the contribution he had last year and his price tag.
Old April 14, 2017, 08:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

with rashid signing and performing, Fizz should not get any future matches. He will make the team weaker....I was surprised they picked him for this match (i guess henriques was sick so he got a chance) ...

If rashid starts to flop (which seems unlikely) then fizz may get chance due to previous performance.

But let's face it.. Fizz has been defused since completion of last ipl... He might have picked up wickets here and there for BD but he still went for runs...

He should still be around the team and do the practice... and use all the facilities.... besides being a left bowler he will always find a team in ipl in foreseeable future me thinks. But here hoping for him to get his rythm and speed back..

it is painful to watch him when he loses his rhythm..... there is no sense of calmness but panick/rush...
Old April 14, 2017, 08:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Default ~

with the hyped up bowling attack.. they should have defended the total in last match even thougjh it was low for that pitch....

bhuvi, rashid and fizz... on paper you expect 12 overs of ~5 rpo.

They need another strong t20 indian bat in the middle if they wanna go with this bowling line up.
Old April 14, 2017, 09:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
If Tymal Mills who is currently worth 1.8 million goes through 3 bad games, I think its fine even if Fizz has an entire off tournament for the contribution he had last year and his price tag.
Fizz will be back stronger. He hasn't completely lost it.
It's just his getting hit more often than before, still a wicket taker.

I hope he can adjust to his new bowling action or revert back to old one.

The Tiger will roar back soon.
Old April 14, 2017, 07:11 PM
Cricket Guru

just an observation, he is looking different nowadays not sure if anyone noticed, his body language and old smile is gone and a picture i saw was very tired face and never saw his face like that..lost weight w lots of acne and also looked lack of nutrition..not sure if he is going through any physical change due to age or post surgery along with his mental development. Wish Mash guides him somehow as a mentor. Something didnt look right but neverthless he is way better than most of our bowlers. Hope he finds strength to come back strong.
Old April 14, 2017, 08:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
just an observation, he is looking different nowadays... old smile is gone and a picture i saw was very tired face...lost weight w lots of acne and also looked lack of nutrition..not sure if he is going through any physical change due to age ...
Ohh totally, SS uncle, very good observation from you...This reminds me of my own adolescence years, especially during entering puberty, I remember all of a sudden, I mean overnight, I became very skinny and I mean a thousands of pimples, acne everywhere, and I started to feel very tired and particularly sleepy in the morning, lost appetite, had darkness under my eyes, and had bizarre new exploratory thoughts on my mind. My amma(RIP) used to think that I had been brushed up by the breeze/whiff of Djinn (I mean Djinn-er Bataash).

I can totally relate to what you are saying here. I also am wondering if this is exactly what is happening to our Mustafiz, I mean if he is also going through a similar tunnel of moments.