facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 17, 2019, 04:06 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo
Exclamation Russell Domingo confirmed as new Bangladesh Head Coach for a 2 year period

Bangladesh will have a strong South African presence in their backroom after Russell Domingo was named head coach for a two-year period on Friday. The 44-year-old pipped Mike Hesson and Mickey Arthur in the race to succeed Steve Rhodes, who parted ways with the BCB after the team finished eighth at the 2019 World Cup.

On Thursday, Hesson lost out to Ravi Shastri in the race to become India's head coach. Arthur was a late entrant to the Bangladesh race after his contract with the PCB wasn't renewed following their World Cup campaign, with the management turning towards former captain Misbah-ul-Haq to have a bigger say in cricketing matters.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...esh-head-coach

Old August 17, 2019, 04:08 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Russell Domingo has been appointed Bangladesh National Team Head Coach. The 44-year-old South African has agreed a two-year term with the BCB and is expected to arrive in Dhaka on 21 August to take charge of the National Team.

Announcing the appointment BCB President Nazmul Hassan, MP said Domingo’s vision for Bangladesh made him the ideal candidate for the role: “He has a wealth of experience and we have been very impressed with his passion and coaching philosophy. He has a clear idea of what is required to take the team forward.”

http://www.tigercricket.com.bd/2019/...am-head-coach/
Old August 17, 2019, 06:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Kothakar ki SA coach. Batting and fielding coaches needed to be changed, yet they remain the same. Ki aul-faul kamkaj
Old August 17, 2019, 10:24 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

According To Papon, fielding coach said THIS:

Go TIGERS GO...
Old August 17, 2019, 12:38 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Looks like a good pick. Lets see what happens
Old August 17, 2019, 02:05 PM
Cricket Guru

আপাতত বিসিবির সঙ্গে দুই বছরের চুক্তি ডমিঙ্গোর। যোগ দেবেন এ সপ্তাহেই। সাবেক এ প্রোটিয়া কোচের আরও একটি দিক ভালো লেগেছে বিসিবি সভাপতির, ‘সে বলেছে, আমার কোনো ছুটির দরকার নেই। আমার কোনো পিছুটান নেই। আমি খেলোয়াড়দের বেশি সময় দিতে চাই।’

যা বোঝা গেল, অন্য হাই প্রোফাইল কোচদের মতো পারিশ্রমিক আকাশ ছোঁয়া নয়, কোচিং পেশায় দীর্ঘ অভিজ্ঞতা, টানা কাজ করার প্রতিশ্রুতি, তরুণ প্রতিভাবান ক্রিকেটারদের আন্তর্জাতিক অঙ্গনে প্রতিষ্ঠিত করার ভাবনা, বাংলাদেশের হয়ে কাজ করতে ভীষণ আগ্রহী—এসব ভেবেই বিসিবি ডমিঙ্গোকে চূড়ান্ত করেছে।

https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...A6%AC%E0%A6%BF
Old August 17, 2019, 02:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Welcome, Coach Domingo!

Quote:
‘We can crack top 4’

RD: I really feel that we can make our way into the top four [in the rankings] of international cricket… learning to win away from home whilst developing some new players that can take the team forward in the next 5 years.
Old August 17, 2019, 03:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Like the fact he wants to work with HP Coach and be involved in teams beyond the national side. This is what we need, to strengthen the pipeline and develop players outside the big 5. Also fact that he isn't a high profile coach like a Mahela or a Hesson would mean he wouldn't run away to franchise cricket.
Old August 17, 2019, 03:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna

Fielding was a lot better under Halsall, it has really dropped. So lot of work to do in this department.
Old August 17, 2019, 04:17 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna

When you sign up for a job, you have to do “What you need to do”. You can’t just give excuse. This is not acceptable at all. If you think Bangladesh players don’t know basic and you can’t teach them that, then you are not fit for the job of Bangladesh cricket coach. May be you are fit for some other country. Please leave the job for others who can do it.
Old August 17, 2019, 11:08 PM
Cricket Legend

^ I am not too sure about that image source. It says Cricket sarcasm BD.
Old August 18, 2019, 01:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Welcome Russell Domingo. Best of luck to you coach.
Old August 18, 2019, 04:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarufH
^ I am not too sure about that image source. It says Cricket sarcasm BD.
They are not always sarcastic. Thats a Bangladeshi page afterall, inconsistent to its name. Thats why i wrote "according to Papon". He really said this.

পাপন জানান তামিমরা ফিল্ডিংয়ের বেসিকই জানেন না। তিনি বলেন, ‘ফিল্ডিং কোচ জানিয়েছেন, জাতীয় দলে যারা আসেন তাদের ফিল্ডিং ইমপ্রুভ করা যায়। কিন্তু বাংলাদেশ দলের খেলোয়াড়রা ফিল্ডিংয়ের বেসিকই জানেন না। তাই তাদেরকে বেসিক শেখাতে হয়েছে।’

http://www.dainikamadershomoy.com/post/211927

Go TIGERS GO...
Old August 18, 2019, 07:52 AM
Club Cricketer

Welcome domingo. Hopefully he will have a successful tenure with us.
Anyone thinks we need a translator for the players? IMO South african accent wont be too easy to understand for our players.
Old August 18, 2019, 01:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_st
Welcome domingo. Hopefully he will have a successful tenure with us.
Anyone thinks we need a translator for the players? IMO South african accent wont be too easy to understand for our players.
...for some younger players it may not be an issue as they are still learning English......they will pick up SA accent pretty quickly.
Old August 19, 2019, 12:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
ডমিঙ্গো মনে করেন তৃণমূল পর্যায়ের ক্রিকেটারদের ওপর জোর দিলে সিনিয়র প্লেয়ারদের ওপর তা চাপ প্রয়োগ করবে, ‘বাংলাদেশের দুর্দান্ত কিছু ক্রিকেটার রয়েছে। তবে তরুণ খেলোয়াড়দের দলে প্রবেশের সুযোগ করে দিলে ভালো হবে। এতে সিনিয়র প্লেয়াররা চাপ অনুভব করবে।’
and then

Quote:
এজন্য হাই পারফরম্যান্স ইউনিটের সঙ্গে যুক্ত থাকতে চান ডমিঙ্গো, ‘আমার মনে হয় এটা খুবই গুরুত্বপূর্ণ। এইচপির কোচের সঙ্গে কাজ করা। তাতে পরের সেরা খেলোয়াড়দের বেছে নেয়া সম্ভব হবে। অনূর্ধ্ব-১৯ দলটিকেই দেখুন। ওরা ইংল্যান্ডকে চারবার হারিয়েছে, ভারতকেও অস্বস্তিতে ফেলে দিয়েছিল। নিশ্চিতভাবে তাদের মাঝে প্রতিভাবান ক্রিকেটার রয়েছে। তাদেরকে জাতীয় দলে নিয়ে আসতে হবে।’
Looks like coach is in sync with Papon.

- Head coach will closely coordinate with High Performance coach and new good performers will get some chance sooner than before, to increase the pool and thereby competition.

- Non performing senior players will be given extended day off from the National team, sooner than before. They see the need to eliminate the past logic that "there is nobody to replace the senior players even when they are not performing". Even the performing senior players may get short break.

- Now that Mashrafee is on the way to exit door (one way or another), Sakib ( the most consistent performer) is already bought into that idea, the journeyman Riyad is struggling hard to keep his career alive, Tamim reluctantly agreed to follow the rule, only resisting remaining power is Mushfiq. h (Mushfiq) will loose this resistance. The new rule is comming with or without Mushfiq's support.

- Don't get surprised if some U19 player's career becomes an express train towards the national team. Looks like the coach is looking for infusion of new blood from anywhere ASAP.

So I have a feeling that it will be a fast forward mode next two years.... either we will go to the next level or we will struggle ...... but it will not be a status quo.

I have a feeling that except for Sakib (if he still wants to play), Rahim (limited only in batting role), the rest of the senior players will be phased out with-in next two years.

Now which of these young players( Mustafiz, SS, Litton, Sabbir, Saif, Miraj, Mossadek, etc) will survive that will tell us how success the journey will be. Mustafiz need to be consistent and healthy, Saif need to be healthy, Miraj need to be economical and progress as a spinner, SS and Litton need to score big and more often, Mossdek need to be a better all rounder and Sabbir need to cool down and do justice to his talent.

Last edited by Fazal; August 19, 2019 at 06:49 PM..
Old August 19, 2019, 04:01 PM
Street Cricketer

I think Tamim will also survive. He is a class player. Just need more focus, hard work and avoid social media & day to day news.
Old August 19, 2019, 04:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shameem
I think Tamim will also survive. He is a class player. Just need more focus, hard work and avoid social media & day to day news.
his bad fitness habit is finaly catching up and it shows during matches. He may be a classy batsmen, without proper fitness, even the classiest players can do so much.
Old August 22, 2019, 08:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Off topic, but for the longest time Domingo seemed to have a familiar face and it was bothering me that I couldn't quite put a finger on it.

Realized today he looks like Louis Litt from Suits lol
Old August 22, 2019, 03:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shameem
Tamim, Shakib, and Mushy are all world class players.

One forgets just how bad Bangladesh was as a cricket team in 2006 when these guys all came into the team. The kind of form both teams was in, Bangladesh would have smashed Sri Lanka at the world cup and finished 6th. In 2006, forget about finishing 8th place, BD team would have struggled to make a 10 team world cup in the first place.

In 2006 our best players were Ashraful and Rajin. Two guys averaging 25 at best in either format. It was unthinkable at that time that Bangladesh would have players averaging close to 35-40 in any format.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 22, 2019, 04:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Off topic, but for the longest time Domingo seemed to have a familiar face and it was bothering me that I couldn't quite put a finger on it.

Realized today he looks like Louis Litt from Suits lol
You have been LITT up!
Old August 27, 2019, 09:13 AM
Cricket Sage

I was excited.... but reading few analysis looks like he is another "player's coach".

I am kind of curtaining my optimism for now.... because i wanted a coach with a stick in his hand, nit a lollipop in his hand.
Old August 27, 2019, 10:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I was excited.... but reading few analysis looks like he is another "player's coach".

I am kind of curtaining my optimism for now.... because i wanted a coach with a stick in his hand, nit a lollipop in his hand.
Did you mean this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEwHTmdEycY

Old September 3, 2019, 06:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarufH
Did you mean this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEwHTmdEycY

Sorry I missed your question and failed to response earlier.

Yes it was one that make me think again.
Old September 5, 2019, 02:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

The main difference between the two coaches: Rhodes is OLD Generation & Domingo is Projonmo 71

Domingo has said clearly in pre match press conference, that he will say nothing, he'll only observe and allow the captain and selectors to do as they feel like. Now this match will show their standard, then Domingo will show the difference he's making, before he needs the extension of his contract. So, things can only get better from here, with occasional hiccups. Intelligent guy.