facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 16, 2007, 08:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
I personally don't like talking too much. I prefer kotha kom, kaj beshi. Look at the Kenyan Captain Stip Tikolo. Never talks too much in the media, but tries best to prove their merit in the field. If we talk too much and then cannot prove it in the field, then we will have to tolerate comments like "Put up or Shut Up". As for the motivation, I would say that you do not need to do that through the media, because such media talks create unnecessary pressure on the players.
His first name's Steve mate. Not "Stip" (wherever you got that from).

Old June 16, 2007, 07:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Quit dissing ashraful
me?? dissing ash??? no way man.... im just saying what iz true!!!!
Old June 16, 2007, 09:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
I personally don't like talking too much. I prefer kotha kom, kaj beshi. Look at the Kenyan Captain Stip Tikolo. Never talks too much in the media, but tries best to prove their merit in the field.
If you have to compare then why not Pontng.....he talks a lot but he walks the talk.

BTW- Steve Tikolo would've talked if he gotten the chance which none of us is aware off since we don't know what goes on Ken TV.

Last edited by betaar; June 16, 2007 at 09:32 PM..
Old June 16, 2007, 09:28 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
If you have to compare then why not Pontng.....he talks a lot but he walks the talk.

BTW- Steve Tikolo would've talked if he gotten the chance which none of us is aware off since we don't know what goes on Zim TV.
Steve Tikolo is from Zimbabwe did not know that.
Old June 16, 2007, 09:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo1974
Steve Tikolo is from Zimbabwe did not know that.
it's been fixed, sorry, my bad.
Old June 17, 2007, 02:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
me?? dissing ash??? no way man.... im just saying what iz true!!!!
ash ain't dumb sis, he has been recognized to possess one of the sharpest cricketing minds in bangladesh, especially over the last two years because of his captaincy at the domestic level. in terms of the PR elements of being in the limelight, he is starting to overcome some of his youthful discomfort in front of the camera. just give him a couple of years ... not only is he a wickedly gifted cricketer who at full flow can efforlessly make us feel better about ourselves, he is also one of the most remarkably driven young men i've met in my life, and we should have good reasons to believe that this is just the beginning for our very own world beater.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; June 17, 2007 at 02:17 AM..
Old June 17, 2007, 08:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
ash ain't dumb sis, he has been recognized to possess one of the sharpest cricketing minds in bangladesh, especially over the last two years because of his captaincy at the domestic level. in terms of the PR elements of being in the limelight, he is starting to overcome some of his youthful discomfort in front of the camera. just give him a couple of years ... not only is he a wickedly gifted cricketer who at full flow can efforlessly make us feel better about ourselves, he is also one of the most remarkably driven young men i've met in my life, and we should have good reasons to believe that this is just the beginning for our very own world beater.
Yes absolutely right.Ashraful himself told me once when I asked him why he starts studdering and gets scared in front of the camera and he said that he gets really nervous around them and that is because he is not used to them, remember how Bashar was when he started captaincy and how he was when he quit ........well it's the same for Ash after he gets used to this he is going to talk clearly and with confidence and etc in front of the camera...also as Sohel bhaiya just said he has probably the sharpest if not one of the sharpest in the whole BD team!!!
Old June 17, 2007, 10:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn
Unhappy impossible

it is not easy because team selection is not enough to fight. Md sharif is not a GOOD choice and masud is too. alok sHowd be include. then our batting & bowling strenghth will increase.
Old June 17, 2007, 10:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by damalChele
fazal bhai,
you are points are well taken. ash needs to talk like a diplomat when talking to a microphone. may be he will learn as he goes along, as to what to say to the media.

like i said we shouldn't take his statement too seriously.we know what he was trying to say. everyone knows that what he said was far too much a promise. but i get the impression that he is confident of doing well. thats the bottom line. CONFIDENCE. that can only come from his positive mentality. may be he feels that he doesn't need to say "If i score 50 I will try to get 100" may be he feels so good that he will get 100 anyway lol..thats overall a good sign as oppose to being terrified and shattering all your confidence before the game.
Damalchele Bro can you tell any quote from any other captain from any other team saying stuff like this? yeah players may be but not the captains. Hence it shows his immaturity.. but i guess he only can learn...hope he learns it quickly as possible...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old June 25, 2007, 11:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
AshfraFuL just announced before leaving that if he can make a hunderd he will try to convert it to a double... thela bujo ebar... 100 korety parey kina aber 200 nia chinta...
So far looks like he is man of his words... he didn't reach 100 .... not even 25 ... therefore precondition of his promise doen't apply.

So I am not going to rip him for not trying to reach 200. I will rip him when/if/ever he reach 100 and fail to score 200.

But I am going to rip him if we fail to go beyond 3rd day which is most likely happen unless rain saves us. He promised a 5th day.
Old June 25, 2007, 11:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
But I am going to rip him if we fail to go beyond 3rd day which is most likely happen unless rain saves us. He promised a 5th day.
Ash should learn from me. I stopped making promises for what I can't do.
Old June 25, 2007, 12:24 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

feel like quoting myself right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
একটা কথা না বলে পারছি না। বাংলাদেশ দলের যেকোন ক্যাপ্টেনের কোন ধরনের আশাবাদী কথা শুনলেই কেমন যেন টেনশন শুরু হয়!
Old June 25, 2007, 12:44 PM
Cricket Legend

is that another joke from Ashraful...
Old June 25, 2007, 12:52 PM
Cricket Legend

he said better, but he never said better than what? so it's still a valid remark....