facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 24, 2018, 01:23 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausif
Imrul Kayes recently since the past couple years has been delivering quite consistently. Ever since end of 2015, he has been averaging 48 with 78 SR which is not bad at all for a guy who is always in and out and much better than Soumya, Liton, Anamul etc. But Hathuru and selectors preference on Soumya and more recently Liton has kept Imrul out of the side unfortunately. Imrul might not be that talented but he works harder than some of the youngsters in our team most definitely and he should be rewarded for that.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...g;view=innings
Fair enough. Given the alternatives, I suppose it is better to stick with Imrul. My biggest worry is that at the WC where it will definitely be high scoring games whether his style of batting will suit us or not. We need somebody like Soumya who can effortlessly go over the inner ring and get us rapid starts while Tamim plays the anchor. Most times I found that Kayes puts additional pressure on Tamim to up the scoring rate. In that sense, even Liton takes pressure off Tamim by being aggressive.

Old September 24, 2018, 01:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Mithun missed a catch I heard which makes things worse for him. Another that needs to be sacked imo.
Old September 24, 2018, 01:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Mithun missed a catch I heard which makes things worse for him. Another that needs to be sacked imo.
Sitter, Opu to shezad

Old September 24, 2018, 02:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Fair enough. Given the alternatives, I suppose it is better to stick with Imrul. My biggest worry is that at the WC where it will definitely be high scoring games whether his style of batting will suit us or not. We need somebody like Soumya who can effortlessly go over the inner ring and get us rapid starts while Tamim plays the anchor. Most times I found that Kayes puts additional pressure on Tamim to up the scoring rate. In that sense, even Liton takes pressure off Tamim by being aggressive.
Agree that, England pitch during mid summer is always high scoring, 320+ is fighting score against top side.
Old September 24, 2018, 02:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Which is why he should be guven more chances so that he can improve his strike rate.
Mushy used to hv poor SR but as he was permanent in the team he managed to fix it.
Old September 24, 2018, 04:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
yep, he missed a dolly by made it looked like a guy from street cricket trying to catch a ball in panicking mind. His batting looks also very tentative like he is not sure where ball pitching just like "andaze bat pete deya"
Old September 24, 2018, 04:11 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
yep, he missed a dolly by made it looked like a guy from street cricket trying to catch a ball in panicking mind. His batting looks also very tentative like he is not sure where ball pitching just like "andaze bat pete deya"
after that knock to the forehead by the ball, he might actually be thinking clearly now
Old September 24, 2018, 04:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
after that knock to the forehead by the ball, he might actually be thinking clearly now
haha I don't know why these guys get so easily panicked playing so many years of cricket. The otherday when he scored runs his starting was very tentative gave two chances if i'm not mistaken. Once he setlled he looks really good even can clear the ball with ease. Don't know whats wrong with guys like him and Soumya, get so easily panic mode
Old September 24, 2018, 04:25 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
haha I don't know why these guys get so easily panicked playing so many years of cricket. The otherday when he scored runs his starting was very tentative gave two chances if i'm not mistaken. Once he setlled he looks really good even can clear the ball with ease. Don't know whats wrong with guys like him and Soumya, get so easily panic mode
We suffer from self-doubt. It is the years and years of losses that always creeps into our mind. Even with our seniors, this happens regularly or else I cannot explain the two suicidal runouts by Mushfiq and Shakib in the last game. We need to win 10-12 or so super close games like this to exorcise this demon out of our system.
Old September 24, 2018, 04:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Which is why he should be guven more chances so that he can improve his strike rate.
Mushy used to hv poor SR but as he was permanent in the team he managed to fix it.
lol he's 31 years old. How many more chances should be given?

This is who he is. Now if Imrul is the best opening option we have, then thats who we have to go with. But Imrul in England is a disaster waiting to happen imo.
Old September 24, 2018, 08:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Really good thriller. Afghanistan have been outstanding in this tournament, and could've quite easily beaten Pakistan and Bangladesh with a bit of luck.

Bangladesh have a problem at the top. You can't have two inexperienced openers: it's a recipe for disaster. One of Sarker/Imrul needs to bat at the top with Liton: I choose Imrul despite scoring in the middle-order.
Old September 24, 2018, 08:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
lol.........

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 24, 2018, 10:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Congratulations Bangladesh. Nail bitter. Tough on Afghanistan. Loding two back to back close games.
Old September 24, 2018, 10:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I hope after all this the Fizz is doing well health wise.
Old September 24, 2018, 05:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Here’s what Mustafizur has to say about his match winning performance ( courtesy Bd news 24.com)

মুস্তাফিজ: দুবাইয়ের মাঠের চেয়ে ওখানে (আবু ধাবি) গরম একটু বেশি। সবারই প্রায় কষ্ট হয়েছে গরমে। অনেক ঘেমেছে সবাই। ক্র্যাম্প করছিল। আমার না শুধু, অনেকেরই। সবার অনেক কষ্ট হয়ে গেছে। কষ্টের ফলে জেতাটা স্বস্তি দিয়েছে।
যখন মাশরাফিকে বললেন যে আর পারছেন না, মাশরাফির কথা কি ছিল?

মুস্তাফিজ: ভাই আমাকে একটা কথা বলছিল যে, ‘তোর বোলিং করা লাগবেই’। মাঝখানে ৩ ওভার বোলিংয়ের সময় ভাইকে বলেছি যে পায়ে টান লাগছে। ভাই তখন বলেছেন যে ‘তুই রেস্ট নে। শেষে করবি আবার।’ আমি বলছি যে, ‘ভাই ঠিক আছে, যেভাবে পারি করব।’

শেষ ওভারে প্রতিপক্ষের লাগত কেবল ৮ রান, বিশ্বাস কতটা ছিল?

মুস্তাফিজ: গোল বলের কোনো বিশ্বাস নাই। ওপরওয়ালা সহায় থাকলে হবে। শেষ ওভারে কুড়ির ওপরে থাকলে ঠিক আছে। কিন্তু ২০ পর্যন্ত থাকলে কোনো গ্যারান্টি নেই। যে কোনো মুহূর্তে নিতে পারে। আমার চেষ্টা ছিল, নিজের ওপর বিশ্বাস ছিল। আর ভালো সময় গেছে। এই আর কী।

এই সব পরিস্থিতিতে আপনার আগের বোলিংয়ের অভিজ্ঞতা কি কাজে লেগেছে?

মুস্তাফিজ: এখানে অনেক অভিজ্ঞ বোলাররাও শেষ ওভারে ৮-১০ রান দিয়েই দেয়। এটা কপালের কাছে!

আপনি তো শতভাগ দিতে পারছিলেন না, রান আপ ছোট করেছিলেন...

মুস্তাফিজ: রান আপে বেশি জৌরে দৌড়ালে আমার পায়ে টান লাগছিল। আমি এজন্য এমনভাবে দৌড়ালাম যেন পায়ে না লাগে। ওভাবেই বোলিং করছি।

ম্যাচ জেতার পর নিজের অনুভূতি কেমন ছিল?

মুস্তাফিজ: ওরকম কিছু না, আমার সবসময় একই থাকে।

আগের ওভারগুলোতে আফগান ব্যাটসম্যানরা বেশ ঝড়ো ব্যাট করেছেন। শেষ ওভারের আগে আপনার ভাবনা কি ছিল?
মুস্তাফিজ: নরম্যালি বোলিং করার দরকার, করছি। বেশি ভাবি নাই, এই কারণেই জিতছি।

ক্র্যাম্প নিয়েও বোলিং কিভাবে করলেন?

মুস্তাফিজ: পায়ে লাগছিল। কিন্তু বোলিং তো করা লাগবেই। আর কোনো অপশন নাই। বেশি লাগলে শর্ট রান আপে করতাম।

শেষ বলের আগে মাঠ সাজানো নিয়ে বা অন্য কিছু বলেছিলেন অধিনায়ক?

মুস্কাফিজ: ভাই আমাকে বলেছে, তুই যেটা ভালো মনে করিস সেটা কর। আমি জাতীয় দলে খেললে সব সময় সিনিয়রদের দেখি। কি করলে, কোনটা নিলে, কোন জায়গায় ফিল্ডার নিলে ভালো হয়। আমি বলেছিলাম। ভাইরা বলেছিল, এটাই ঠিক আছে।

আফগানিস্তানের বিপক্ষে জয়ের পর দলের অবস্থা কি এখন?

মুস্তাফিজ: ভালো।

এই পরিস্থিতিতে অনেকবারই আমরা হেরেছি, এবার কি ভাগ্যের ছোঁয়া ছিল?

মুস্তাফিজ: সবসময়ই তো এটা লাগে বললাম, কপালে না থাকলে হতো না।

শেষ বলটা একটু বাইরে শর্ট বল মতো করেছিলেন, পরিকল্পনা কি ছিল?

মুস্তাফিজ: একটু সামনে করলে নাগালের বাইরে থাকে। পেছনে করলে, টানলেও পেছনের দিক থেকে বাদ দিলে মাঠ অনেক বড় ছিল। ছয় হলে হলো, কিন্তু চার যেন না হয়।

চার-ছক্কা হতে পারে, এসব মাথায় ঘুরছিল?

মুস্তাফিজ: আমি অত বেশি ভাবি না।

নার্ভাস লাগছিল?

মুস্তাফিজ: ভয় পেয়ে লাভ নাই।

শেষ বলটা করার পর ওই মুহূর্তের অনুভূতি কেমন ছিল?
মুস্তাফিজ: মনে নাই।

বাংলাদেশ আগেও শেষ ওভারে ৮-৯ রানের সমীকরণে হেরেছে। তবে প্রায় সবই ব্যাটিংয়ে। এবার ছিল বোলিং…

মুস্তাফিজ: শেষ ওভারে যথন ৮ রান বাকি ছিল, মাশরাফি ভাই এটাই বলছিল যে, ‘আমরা অনেকবার ৮-৯ রান করতে গিয়ে হেরেছি। আজকে তুই জিতিয়ে দে।’ ভাই বলার সময় ভালো লাগছিল। পারতেছিলাম না (ক্র্যাম্প নিয়ে) শরীর নিয়ে, তবুও চেষ্টা করলাম যে কপালে থাকলে হবে। পাশে অপু ভাই ছিল, ভাইও বলছিল যে পারবি। আমি বললাম যে, ‘কপালে থাকলে হবে, না হলে নাই।’

‘ভাইয়ের’ কথায় কতটা অনুপ্রেরণা পেয়েছিলেন?

মুস্তাফিজ: সবসময়ই মাশরাফি ভাই, সাকিব ভাই, তামিম ভাই, সিনিয়র যারা আছে, সবাই কিছু বললে আমার ভালো লাগে।

এখন শরীরের কি অবস্থা?

মুস্তাফিজ: ভালো, সব ভালো।
Old September 24, 2018, 06:31 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

^ Loved it. Such simplistic answers. “Bhai” ra ja bole tai kore. It shows he is a very simple person.
Old September 24, 2018, 08:03 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: VLC media player

If you want to watch last over of the game by Fizz

https://youtu.be/RfXvqqQj2mg
Old September 24, 2018, 08:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongStop
If you want to watch last over of the game by Fizz

https://youtu.be/RfXvqqQj2mg