facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 31, 2012, 11:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams91
what is the difference if he flies on 1st of september, only one day I guess?
No it's not the same. If he starts on 1st he will reach Trinidad on 3rd and BD have their 1st practice on 3rd.. So he won't get any time to prepare.. Also you do realize they are going to WC directly from WI so he needed to prepare himself for this long tour..

It's indeed hard to please everyone. Had Mushy took the decision to play SLPL n fly later there would have been 10 people here questioning his commitment as a captain.. Mushy took the right decision as a responsible captain..

Old August 31, 2012, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
No it's not the same. If he starts on 1st he will reach Trinidad on 3rd and BD have their 1st practice on 3rd.. So he won't get any time to prepare.. Also you do realize they are going to WC directly from WI so he needed to prepare himself for this long tour..

It's indeed hard to please everyone. Had Mushy took the decision to play SLPL n fly later there would have been 10 people here questioning his commitment as a captain.. Mushy took the right decision as a responsible captain..
How long is the flight from Sri Lanka to Trinidad, more than 48 hours really or from Bangladesh to T&T?

first game on sept 6 against Barbados!
Old August 31, 2012, 11:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
How long is the flight from Sri Lanka to Trinidad, more than 48 hours really, 2 full days, wow.
Yes they have 3 stops... with waiting time n all you do the math !!

BD team will reach Trinidad on 2nd of Sep..
Old August 31, 2012, 11:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
How long is the flight from Sri Lanka to Trinidad, more than 48 hours really, 2 full days, wow.
it is rather long....one has to fly to dubai and then take a flight from there to london and then take another flight from london to the carribean and there may be more transits within the carribbean depending on where you are going..
Old August 31, 2012, 11:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
what is the difference if he flies on 1st of september, only one day I guess?

facing guys like Oram, Umar Gul not good practice I guess.
probably is good practice...but as a skipper he found it right to be with the team and there is not a whole lot wrong with that..
Old August 31, 2012, 11:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
How long is the flight from Sri Lanka to Trinidad, more than 48 hours really or from Bangladesh to T&T?

first game on sept 6 against Barbados!
They have a practice match on 5th and their training starts from 3rd... As a captain he doesn't want to miss those practice and training with the team !!! Right !!
Old August 31, 2012, 12:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Mushy did the responsible thing, but I will tell you this in the future teams might think twice before picking him up again. This is the most important game of the tournament after all. And it's not like he will miss an official game. He will miss a practice match. For all we know he could be the difference between his team winning the tournament or not, and from that perspective it's not a good thing for his SLPL team. Sometimes you do have to make tough decisions, IMO mushy should have stayed this one game through, specially since he will most likely only miss the practice match that's all.
Old August 31, 2012, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Holy, Matthews gone mental!
Old August 31, 2012, 01:01 PM
Banned

Mushfiqur Rahim not needed by NN, Matthews on fire, class.
Old August 31, 2012, 01:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash

Just playing alongside of Mathews would have been a much better preparation that playing all those crap teams in no-pressure practice matches in a wicket that has nothing similar to WC pitches..

and for those who are in "favor" of mushi, put your sentiment away and grow up. are the rest of the BD team players are babies that cannot fly without their captain or morally become weak if captain is not with them? what do you think the captain will do during the flight? what sort of motivation you are talking about? players dont have motivation if captain is not with them? who gives a cr*p? tamim? sakib? if someone needs captain to fly with him, he is not mentally strong enough to play in intl level. stop those emotional thing that mushi must go with the team as a captain. not that he will miss any game if he flies a day later. the first game is not before 6th. totally unprofessional from mushi.
Old August 31, 2012, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Munaweera is now a shooper star. Mushy OUT, Munaweera IN for the League of the Champions.
Old August 31, 2012, 02:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightBD
Just playing alongside of Mathews would have been a much better preparation that playing all those crap teams in no-pressure practice matches in a wicket that has nothing similar to WC pitches..

and for those who are in "favor" of mushi, put your sentiment away and grow up. are the rest of the BD team players are babies that cannot fly without their captain or morally become weak if captain is not with them? what do you think the captain will do during the flight? what sort of motivation you are talking about? players dont have motivation if captain is not with them? who gives a cr*p? tamim? sakib? if someone needs captain to fly with him, he is not mentally strong enough to play in intl level. stop those emotional thing that mushi must go with the team as a captain. not that he will miss any game if he flies a day later. the first game is not before 6th. totally unprofessional from mushi.
take it easy man i guess you are getting more emotional than mushi!

regarding practice by playing SLPL- he had already been playing for two weaks, so i guess playing just another game wouldn't have made him any more battle hardened...and to add to it...there is one thing to practice by yourself by playing for a team another to practice as a team....regarding the opposition of the practice games- dont know much about their quality.....i guess time will tell...and the pitches in wi are generally flat as well....probably practicing as a team in srilanka would be better but everything you want in life is not possible so one has to choose from the alternatives...

regarding flying with team part- mushi made a decision and one should respect that- nobody would really care (except some ) if mushi joined late...but the fact is that he decided to care and he has the right to do so....i would give you an analogy if i invite some friends to dinner at my place- thats because i cared to do so not because they were going hungry,,,,

regarding doing a job (mushi playing slpl)- nobody has the right to bull crap me weather i should take a job or leave it.....but was it fair on the nagas..probably not and since mushi is not a high value target whom people are running after with money bags...it may not turn out to be a good career move as far as slpl is concerned but may be thats something they decided beforehand who knows (well the nagas and mushi apart) ..

Last edited by dash; August 31, 2012 at 03:25 PM..
Old August 31, 2012, 03:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Oram should have been MoS.
Old August 31, 2012, 03:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

wow,that's some inn from Mathews, he looked ordinary in IPL but has been excellent since Sri vs Pak series.
Old September 1, 2012, 03:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Oram should have been MoS.
Oram had the same amount of wickets, better average, better strike rate, half the economy, and hit 8 sixes with a strike rate of nearly 170...
Old September 1, 2012, 05:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Exactly, and a few of his matches practically were a one-man performance, in either one of the departments.