facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 4, 2010, 07:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

Has anybody else noticed how Bangladesh is increasingly becoming Shakib's Bangladesh? He is the first bangladesh captain to have become so widely acclaimed as our captain. No one said Bashar's Bangladesh or Shujon's Bangladesh. The way Shaqib replies in the press conferences, during toss, his presence on the field, the aura surrounding him, it all says he was born to be a leader. Yes, he still makes mistakes but he is learning, and his off-the-field capataincy in the dressing room maybe abit questionable but he seems to be a quiet sorta guy but will still make his presence felt. I think Mashrafee not getting the captaincy was the best thing that could've happened to Bangladesh although it came at a cost of losing our best fast-bowler.

Old March 4, 2010, 07:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

This is a really great article written by a cricket[not England]supporter. Its great to see our team is finally making some heads turn. I really hope we can live upto the expectations and make the series 2-1 in CTG
Old March 4, 2010, 07:57 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Ifs and buts:

If Bangladesh had taken all the catches and missed opportunities, then if we had lost the match due to umpire's mistakes, then we could have focused totally on bad umpiring.

But since we failed to take all the catches and missed opportunities cleanly, then we just have to take it as a hard lesson from where we have to correct our mistakes next time; rather than focus on bad umpiring.
Old March 4, 2010, 08:01 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
I think Mashrafee not getting the captaincy was the best thing that could've happened to Bangladesh although it came at a cost of losing our best fast-bowler.
We haven't lost Mashrafee yet. I still have high hopes for him. He has about a year to make a strong comeback into the World Cup team and return to Test cricket.