facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 2, 2015, 03:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Tamim's bhuri has disappointed me, but I think he still has a lot in him to serve bangladesh cricket

Old March 2, 2015, 05:19 PM
Banned

Plz don't talk about somebody's body. It isn't nice. I think his problem is that too much confidence. Bhury isn't that a matter for a batsman. Sri Lanka taught him good lesson.
Old March 2, 2015, 05:53 PM
Club Cricketer

#mostOverratedBiryaniEater

Last chance for redemption ..
Old March 2, 2015, 06:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf
Plz don't talk about somebody's body. It isn't nice. I think his problem is that too much confidence. Bhury isn't that a matter for a batsman. Sri Lanka taught him good lesson.
Looks to have no confidence at the crease from what I've seen, he may talk big still but he really doesn't look a confident player anymore.
Old March 2, 2015, 07:05 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

No options for us other than backing him. We don't have a third opener and those pretty 20s from Soumia won't change the game against big teams. We are stuck with Anamul and Tamim whether we like it or not
Old March 2, 2015, 08:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I don't like the tone of the OP. Until we snap out of the mindset that the national team can become ones baper shompotti because of past performances, we cannot improve as a team. As fans of course we'll support any jodu modhu kodu that's representing our team and right now there's no other option. But everyone needs to bear in mind nobody is above the team and nobody should take their position for granted.

Selection must be based on current form, abilities and potential. Tamim doesn't have form and will lose his abilities and potential unless he changes his attitude, becomes more humble, gives up bad habits, focuses on losing weight and getting back in shape. If he does these he can still get close to fulfilling his potential. If he doesn't he'll remain a fringe player averaging in the low to mid twenties scoring the occasional good innings while bringing down his average until he's let go.

What can hard work and humility do for him on the other hand? Just look at Sachin, Dravid, AB, Amla to name a few. If he doesn't change his ways mark my words he'll turn into another Shujon.
Old March 2, 2015, 09:08 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Living off past glories is so 90s. In present international cricket only current form matters. That is why people like Yuvraj or Gambhir are not in the side and the spots of Watson and Ross Taylor are up for grabs.
Old March 2, 2015, 09:08 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

#BenchTamim.
Old March 2, 2015, 09:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Hilarious how some fans treat professional adult cricketers like children.

Aww you got out again? That's alright it's not your fault, you're the best cricketer, here have a cookie.
Old March 2, 2015, 09:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

changes will need to be made after the World Cup, if we are to make changes.
Old March 2, 2015, 09:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abirz
Hilarious how some fans treat professional adult cricketers like children.

Aww you got out again? That's alright it's not your fault, you're the best cricketer, here have a cookie.
tamim doesn't do cookies. only birani. prefer duck flavour.
Old March 2, 2015, 09:59 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Living off past glories is so 90s. In present international cricket only current form matters. That is why people like Yuvraj or Gambhir are not in the side and the spots of Watson and Ross Taylor are up for grabs.
Other than Dhoni, Kohli and Raina no one from the last world cup winning team is even in the squad.
Old March 2, 2015, 10:08 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Great point. And 2/3 of those shouldn't be there either.
Old March 2, 2015, 10:12 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

I don't know why, I like this kid a lot.
Old March 2, 2015, 10:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Lot of players go through a lean patch, which usually lasts 6 months to 1 year; but in Tamim's case it has been going on for 2-3 years (excludind the Asia cup where BD went to final). Also, it's not just about being out of form, it's about a player's commitment in training & practice. Mushfiq's batting has improved immensely over the last few years due to his dedication..

Maybe someone close to the team can talk on Tamim's work ethics. If a player is trying his level best in training, practicing but still doing bad; I will support him. But if it's just due to laziness and complacency due to automatic selection, then the person does not deserve to play for the national side.
Old March 2, 2015, 10:31 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliIndia
Other than Dhoni, Kohli and Raina no one from the last world cup winning team is even in the squad.
If only our batting depth was as long as India then Tamim would've been long gone(given he didn't improve)
Old March 2, 2015, 10:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Averages 29 after 137 games. There is nothing to support in him.

There isn't a worse runner between the wickets that you will see in modern day cricket. Refuses a third because he already lost his stamina running the first two. Huffs and puffs after every single.

Bench him and replace him with Soumya as opener and mushy one down. Let Tamim work on his fitness and form.
Old March 2, 2015, 10:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

^So you're saying TIK's no longer your favorite player?
Old March 2, 2015, 10:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
^So you're saying TIK's no longer your favorite player?
He still is.

Its extremely frustrating to see a player with so much god gifted talent just throw it away because of poor work ethic. Hence all that criticism.
Old March 2, 2015, 11:19 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I hope and pray he fails and draws the last stick in this WC. But I'm afraid he will score a half assed 50 to keep his place.

He's not a big match player. He will never play a clutch inning for the team. Openers are selfish by default. And those ones that don't even score are worse than the selfish players. #BenchTamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiaz82
Lot of players go through a lean patch, which usually lasts 6 months to 1 year; but in Tamim's case it has been going on for 2-3 years (excludind the Asia cup where BD went to final). Also, it's not just about being out of form, it's about a player's commitment in training & practice. Mushfiq's batting has improved immensely over the last few years due to his dedication..

Maybe someone close to the team can talk on Tamim's work ethics. If a player is trying his level best in training, practicing but still doing bad; I will support him. But if it's just due to laziness and complacency due to automatic selection, then the person does not deserve to play for the national side.
If your uncle went home crying because you got cut and then used all his powers to keep you in the team you will too be lazy, fat, out of shape/form player too. Sad that he used to be a hard worker. We all read those reports. Good ol days.
Old March 3, 2015, 12:07 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I hope and pray he fails and draws the last stick in this WC. But I'm afraid he will score a half assed 50 to keep his place.

He's not a big match player. He will never play a clutch inning for the team. Openers are selfish by default. And those ones that don't even score are worse than the selfish players. #BenchTamim
I suppose you didn't watch the WC match vs india in 2007? That should count as a big game no?
Old March 3, 2015, 12:31 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ You just proved my point. You had to dig back 3 WC's, 8 years to find a 50 to talk about! True, that's the most and only important inning he has played in his career thus far, yet he came 3rd amongst batsmen and 5th overall in that game, at least in my book. Rahim and Shakib innings were more vital. Tamim got out with only 60 odd on the board. He put the scares on the Indians but Shakib and then Rahim prevented any further damage and saw us thru.

Mash.
Shakib/Rahim.
Rahim/Shakib.
Spinners.
Tamim.
Old March 3, 2015, 12:35 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

I didnt dig up anything. Just the first thing that came to my mind after reading your post. I doesn't matter what he did or goes on to do. Watching him jumping down the track and bi*ch slapping Zaheer Khan over long on will always be the lasting memory of Tamim for me.
Old March 3, 2015, 12:40 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ That's great but wasn't my point lol... But of course it's the first and only thing that will come to people's mind while reminiscing about Tamim. No other clutch innings to speak off. Good players create more than one lasting memory.
Old March 3, 2015, 12:46 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Never is a strong word. I am sure there are other important innings he played. The two test centuries in England were big games too. The fifties in Asia Cup 2012 were important as well. Yes he is no Tendulkar or Kohli that sees the team through to the end but it is unfair not to acknowledge the best opener we ever had. His current form sucks and if we were a good team he would have been told to go back to domestic cricket, work on his game and come back. In that aspect he has had an easy life as an opener