facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old May 19, 2011, 08:59 AM
lamisa's Avatar
lamisa lamisa is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy
Posts: 6,743

@ biggus: we should win comprehensively unless we goof up or zim has had massive improvements wince the last time we played them
__________________
haruk ba jituk,i am always there with BDcricket!!!!
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old May 19, 2011, 10:36 AM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 24,671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
maybe take shuvagoto, dhiman has put his hand up to get a chance as the keeper batsman. as far as spinners go i prefer looking for someone from the younger generation rather than razzak especially in tests, i guess shuvo or sajib are in line atm, but shaker ahmed has been impressive and it's not unlike selectors to go for someone off just a couple of impressive performances (though i expect shaker to be a long run option in 2-5 years). if they are to bring in a new allrounder then nasir is the choice, the others need more time to develop i.e. sabbir (has an impressive start but hasn't kept it up) and mahmudul (hasn't shown any of his potential really) etc. too early for anamul, i'm sure he will contend for a spot in years to come but let him develop first, we still have rahim and dhiman, let's not forget mithun ali has an impressive start, not to say mithun ali won't be any good but he had a great start and is struggling now.
Gowza! How ya been, mate? Long time...I think you were gone during the world cup and even months prior to that. Hope all is well and life rather than misfortune is the reason for your departure.

Back to topic:

Out of the uncapped batters, Anamul has put his hand up more than anyone else. He's scored at every level he's been given a chance. The 169 against SA Academy was quite impressive as two of the bowlers each had 100+ first-class wickets to their names. Had he scored 169 in a high score draw played on a belter, we would be jumping. But he did in an innings victory. Everyone else has been a domestic bully like Jahirul was last year (Shubhagoto) or not performing at all levels (Asif Ahmed Ratul).

On second thought, I'd prolly take Shaker over Razzak in my fifteen. Dunno why someone has mentioned Robiul Islam, as Tapash Baisya has a better chance of being selected. In fact, with Naeem and Riyad both certain to play in the starting XI, we may not need another SLA to go along with Shakib. Naeem and Riyad are both decent spinners, and that should be enough to take 20 wickets against Zim at a good cost of runs.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old May 19, 2011, 10:54 AM
Biggus's Avatar
Biggus Biggus is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 14, 2011
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Favorite Player: Too many to name.
Posts: 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
@ biggus: we should win comprehensively unless we goof up or zim has had massive improvements wince the last time we played them
Yep, that's what I figured too.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old May 19, 2011, 11:06 AM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Gowza! How ya been, mate? Long time...I think you were gone during the world cup and even months prior to that. Hope all is well and life rather than misfortune is the reason for your departure.

Back to topic:

Out of the uncapped batters, Anamul has put his hand up more than anyone else. He's scored at every level he's been given a chance. The 169 against SA Academy was quite impressive as two of the bowlers each had 100+ first-class wickets to their names. Had he scored 169 in a high score draw played on a belter, we would be jumping. But he did in an innings victory. Everyone else has been a domestic bully like Jahirul was last year (Shubhagoto) or not performing at all levels (Asif Ahmed Ratul).

On second thought, I'd prolly take Shaker over Razzak in my fifteen. Dunno why someone has mentioned Robiul Islam, as Tapash Baisya has a better chance of being selected. In fact, with Naeem and Riyad both certain to play in the starting XI, we may not need another SLA to go along with Shakib. Naeem and Riyad are both decent spinners, and that should be enough to take 20 wickets against Zim at a good cost of runs.
No Baisya doesn't have a better chance then Robiul. He was the 2nd best wicket taker in the previous A team series. In the 4 day matches specifically. And him being in the A team shows that he's still in the fold. I feel we were too quick to judge the guy. His only match was against England which was in Lord's. It's unfair to judge him against the 3rd best test team in the world. I don't think he should be in the ODI fold but he should be a test prospect for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old May 19, 2011, 11:28 AM
Banglaguy Banglaguy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 30, 2010
Location: London
Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Posts: 4,904

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
No Baisya doesn't have a better chance then Robiul. He was the 2nd best wicket taker in the previous A team series. In the 4 day matches specifically. And him being in the A team shows that he's still in the fold. I feel we were too quick to judge the guy. His only match was against England which was in Lord's. It's unfair to judge him against the 3rd best test team in the world. I don't think he should be in the ODI fold but he should be a test prospect for sure.
Well a run out came of his bowling, that must mean he was being pretty tight.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old May 19, 2011, 12:20 PM
Banglaguy Banglaguy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 30, 2010
Location: London
Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Posts: 4,904

Edit: Sorry didn't see it.

Last edited by Banglaguy; May 19, 2011 at 01:49 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old May 19, 2011, 01:09 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,850

^^ Banglaguy, I've already posted this in the second post.
__________________
~*Islam is the only way to attain peace in life, be it personal, family or political.*~
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old May 19, 2011, 09:31 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 24,671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
You basically picked the stock team bar anamul and a few changes to the player roles.
I don't think its wise to go for wholesale changes in what has so far been the most successful test team we've had. Wholesale changes occur in times of crisis ala India after WC 2007.

I think that most of our "Siddons core" will actually be amongst the best longer version batsman in the country now. Only reason I'm adding Anam is because Zimbabwe aren't the strongest of opposition and its good to give guys the best ease into the top level.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old May 20, 2011, 12:27 AM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
This is my test team

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Zunaed Siddique
4. Shahriar Nafees
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Mahmudullah Riyad
8. Shafiul Islam
9. Shahadat Hossain
10. Enamul Haque Jr.
11. Rubel Hossain
Reserves
12. Suhrawadi Shuvo
13. Robiul Islam
14. Dhiman Ghosh
15. Naeem Islam

My ODI side

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Shahriar Nafees
4. Mahmudullah Riyad
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Alok Kapali
8. Shafiul Islam
9. Suhrawadi Shuvo
10. Abdur Razzak
11. Rubel Hossain
Reserves
12. Naeem Islam
13. Zunaed Siddique
14. Farhad Reza
15. Nasir Hossain
Man i loved your full team with reserves.Infact this whole squard is my squad aswell.Important thing is Jahurul is missing in the test squard.Now few of my suggestions.
Test:
1.Shakib is a good batsman no doubt but in tests sometimes he bat like tailender so he should bat his old position #6 at test and Mushy at #5
2.Enamul Jn's performance in longer version is very erratic specially when environment is not friendly. how about giving a chance to Suhrawady there?
ODI:
1.Zim is planning to make pacer friendly wicket so how about taking Farhad there in place of droping one SLA?In that case 5th bowler option will be an offi a legi and a medium pacer.
2.If we dont take Farhad and want a spin heavy attack in that case how about playing Naeem/Nasir in place of one SLA ?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old May 20, 2011, 07:14 AM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Man i loved your full team with reserves.Infact this whole squard is my squad aswell.Important thing is Jahurul is missing in the test squard.Now few of my suggestions.
Test:
1.Shakib is a good batsman no doubt but in tests sometimes he bat like tailender so he should bat his old position #6 at test and Mushy at #5
2.Enamul Jn's performance in longer version is very erratic specially when environment is not friendly. how about giving a chance to Suhrawady there?
ODI:
1.Zim is planning to make pacer friendly wicket so how about taking Farhad there in place of droping one SLA?In that case 5th bowler option will be an offi a legi and a medium pacer.
2.If we dont take Farhad and want a spin heavy attack in that case how about playing Naeem/Nasir in place of one SLA ?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
1. I agree with you about Shakib. I would rather have Mahmudullah up at #5 then Mushy though since he can play pace better then him and also will not have as many bowling responsibilities as Shakib and wicket keeping duties like Mushy. I would then put Shakib at #6 and Mushy at #7.
2. I wouldn't mind honestly if Shuvo gets the nod over Enamul since it is Zimbabwe. We could see what Shuvo has to offer for the test team. We have a 4 day game I believe right before the 1st test. So we could see how they do.

ODIs
1. I actually forgot about Nazmul. He could easily replace Zunaed. On the Zimbabwean pitches, from what I remember have very hard, flat wickets. So having an extra pacer wouldn't be a bad idea. It would be a good test for our fast bowlers.
2. I believe that Naeem and Shuvo can easily swap each other. I put Nasir in there mainly to get him a game or 2. I don't think he should be our 1st choice offbreak. If the series is wrapped up then I would like to see him in action to see what he has to offer. Or if Alok Kapali fails miserably, then we could try Nasir out for more games.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old May 20, 2011, 08:11 AM
Isnaad's Avatar
Isnaad Isnaad is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 18, 2008
Location: 23.71 N, 90.40 E
Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla
Posts: 5,187

For some reason we are losing to Zimbabwe in the first match of any series all the time. Hope that does not happen during the only test match!!!
__________________
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old May 20, 2011, 08:25 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 32,623

Competition in all sectors makes the team better.

Having said that, will there be a 'Biggest bhuri measuring competition' between the selectors and players?

Come on players don't let the selectors win hands down. Compete sincerely. I hope the prize of this competition should be MORE goru'r Mangsho, Dal and gorom Bhat. May I add khati gawoa Ghee. I recon Lotus is running out of some ghee. He needs some good malish. Vegetables hishabey kacha boro morich hoiley aro bhalo hoi (balanced diet boiley kotha). Picchi jhal morich ar kaj ditasey na. kichir-michir ab-jab kotha'tey tho kaj dibey na. catch dhortey hobay, stump kotey hobay are century partnership kortey hobay.

List who could compete to win it all?

Akram and Co.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old May 20, 2011, 10:23 AM
Banglaguy Banglaguy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 30, 2010
Location: London
Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Posts: 4,904

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
For some reason we are losing to Zimbabwe in the first match of any series all the time. Hope that does not happen during the only test match!!!
We will be on the back foot on the first day I expect, but will be ahead in the remaining 4 days. Then we win.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old May 23, 2011, 07:20 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,850

আসল প্রতিপক্ষ জিম্বাবুয়ে নয়

ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক | তারিখ: ২৪-০৫-২০১১

কোচ অ্যালান বুচার খুবই খুশি। ছয় বছর পর টেস্ট ক্রিকেটে ফেরার আগে জিম্বাবুয়ের প্রস্তুতিতে অন্তত কোনো খুঁত থাকছে না। হারারেতে বাংলাদেশের বিপক্ষে জিম্বাবুয়ের ‘প্রত্যাবর্তন টেস্ট’টা শুরু হওয়ার কথা ৬ আগস্ট। তার আগে ছয়জন টেস্ট খেলোয়াড়সমৃদ্ধ অস্ট্রেলিয়া ‘এ’ দলের সঙ্গে দুটি চারদিনের ম্যাচ খেলার সুযোগ—এর চেয়ে ভালো প্রস্তুতি আর কী হতে পারে!

আর বাংলাদেশ? জিম্বাবুয়ে ছয় বছর পর টেস্ট ক্রিকেটে ফিরছে, বাংলাদেশের জন্যও তো এটা ফেরাই। ১৪ মাস পর টেস্ট! টেস্ট ক্রিকেট থেকে এত লম্বা ছুটি আগে আর নেয়নি বাংলাদেশ।

বাংলাদেশ-জিম্বাবুয়ে সিরিজ বললে সম্ভাবনার পাল্লা বাংলাদেশের দিকেই হেলে থাকে এখন। কিন্তু টেস্ট থেকে বাংলাদেশের দীর্ঘ বিরতির কারণেই সেটি এবার খুব জোর গলায় বলা যাচ্ছে না। জিম্বাবুয়ের বিরতি পড়েছে আরও বেশি, সর্বশেষ টেস্ট ২০০৫ সালের সেপ্টেম্বরে। তবে দীর্ঘ নির্বাসন শেষে প্রত্যাবর্তনটা স্মরণীয় করে রাখতে চেষ্টার কমতি নেই আফ্রিকার দেশটির। অস্ট্রেলিয়া ‘এ’ দলের সঙ্গে প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচ তো আছেই, টেস্টের জন্য রীতিমতো গবেষণাগার খুলে খোঁজা হচ্ছে ক্ষুরধার পেসার।

বাংলাদেশ সর্বশেষ টেস্ট খেলেছে গত বছরের জুনে। ওল্ড ট্রাফোর্ডে ইংল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে তিনদিনের সেই টেস্ট শেষ হয়েছে ৬ জুন। এরপর বিশ্বকাপকে ধ্যানজ্ঞান করে ওয়ানডে নিয়েই বেশি ব্যস্ততা। অন্য সব দলই বিশ্বকাপের আগে টেস্ট খেললেও বাংলাদেশ টেস্ট খেলল না ওয়ানডে খেলা ভুলে যাওয়ার ভয়ে! মজার ব্যাপার, বাংলাদেশে নির্ধারিত টেস্ট না খেলে ওয়ানডের সংখ্যা বাড়িয়েছিল যে নিউজিল্যান্ড, বাংলাদেশ সফরের পর ভারতে গিয়ে তারা ঠিকই টেস্ট খেলেছে।

টেস্ট ক্রিকেট থেকে দীর্ঘ ‘নির্বাসনের’ অভিজ্ঞতা আগেও একবার হয়েছে। ২০০৬-এর এপ্রিলে অস্ট্রেলিয়ার বিপক্ষে হোম সিরিজের পর ১৩ মাস বাংলাদেশ কোনো টেস্ট খেলেনি। প্রত্যাবর্তন ২০০৭ সালের মেতে। ওই দীর্ঘ বিরতি কতটা ক্ষতি করেছিল, সেটা শুনুন তখনকার অধিনায়ক ও বর্তমানে নির্বাচক হাবিবুল বাশারের কাছ থেকেই, ‘আমরা যতটুকু এগিয়ে ছিলাম, তা থেকে অন্তত দুই বছর পিছিয়ে যাই ওই বিরতিতে। ১৩ মাস পর টেস্টে ফিরে আমাদের আবার প্রথম থেকে সবকিছু শুরু করতে হয়েছিল।’

শঙ্কাটা এ কারণেই, জিম্বাবুয়ের বিপক্ষে একমাত্র টেস্ট ম্যাচটি এবারও একই অভিজ্ঞতা উপহার দেবে না তো! টেস্ট তো নয়ই, মাঝের সময়টায় বাংলাদেশ দলের ক্রিকেটাররা দীর্ঘ পরিসরের ক্রিকেটই খেলেননি সেভাবে। জাতীয় লিগে দু-একটা ম্যাচ খেলার সুযোগ পাওয়া গেছে বিশ্বকাপের পর, সেই ম্যাচগুলোও আবার খেলেননি সবাই। টেস্ট ক্রিকেটটা খেলোয়াড়দের কাছে এখন তাই অচেনা মনে হতেই পারে। বিসিবির ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা কমিটির প্রধান এনায়েত হোসেনও সমস্যাটা স্বীকার করে নিলেন, ‘এটা ঠিক, এই গ্যাপটা আমাদের ক্ষতি করেছে। তবে কিছু করারও ছিল না। অস্ট্রেলিয়ার সিরিজের পর ছেলেরা সবাই বিশ্রামে চলে গেল। কোচিং স্টাফদের মেয়াদ শেষ হয়ে গেল। বাড়তি খেলার কথা চিন্তা করতে পারিনি।’ কিন্তু প্রশ্নটা তো অস্ট্রেলিয়ার বিপক্ষে সিরিজের পরের সময়টা নিয়ে নয়। এর আগে এত দীর্ঘ বিরতি কেন পড়ল, প্রশ্ন হলো এটা। যে প্রশ্নের কোনো যুক্তিগ্রাহ্য উত্তর নেই।

যা হয়ে গেছে, তা নিয়ে আক্ষেপ করে তো আর লাভ নেই। কিন্তু টেস্টে ফেরার আগে বাড়তি প্রস্তুতির কথা কি ভাবা উচিত ছিল না বিসিবির? এনায়েত হোসেনের দাবি, জিম্বাবুয়ে যাওয়ার পথে দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকায় থেমে তাদের ‘এ’ দলের সঙ্গে একটি চারদিনের ম্যাচ খেলার সম্ভাব্যতা যাচাই করে দেখা হচ্ছে। সেটা না হলে ১৪ মাস পর টেস্ট খেলার আগে বাংলাদেশের প্রস্তুতির সুযোগ বলতে শুধু ১ আগস্ট হারারেতে শুরু তিনদিনের প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচটাই। বাংলাদেশ দলের জিম্বাবুয়ের উদ্দেশে রওনা দেওয়ার কথা আগামী ২৭ জুলাই।

এক টেস্ট এবং পাঁচ ওয়ানডের সিরিজের প্রস্তুতি ক্যাম্পেও ম্যাচ অনুশীলনের ওপর জোর দেওয়া হবে বলে জানিয়েছেন ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা প্রধান, ‘আমাদের ইচ্ছা আছে, ছেলেদের নিজেদের মধ্যে কিছু ম্যাচ খেলানোর। প্রয়োজনে জাতীয় লিগের চ্যাম্পিয়ন দল রাজশাহীর বিপক্ষে একটা চারদিনের ম্যাচ হতে পারে। নতুন কোচ এলে তাঁর সঙ্গে আলাপ করে এসব ঠিক করা হবে।’

এমনিতে টেস্ট ক্রিকেটে বাংলাদেশের পারফরম্যান্স বানরের তৈলাক্ত বাঁশ বেয়ে ওঠার গল্প মনে করিয়ে দেয়। এক ফুট ওপরে উঠলে এমন দীর্ঘ বিরতি আবার নামিয়ে আনে দুই ফুট। যে কারণে হারারে টেস্টে জিম্বাবুয়ে নয়, বাংলাদেশের আসল প্রতিপক্ষ টেস্ট ক্রিকেটের সঙ্গে ১৪ মাসের বিচ্ছেদ।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...24/news/156744
__________________
~*Islam is the only way to attain peace in life, be it personal, family or political.*~
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old May 23, 2011, 07:33 PM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,654

^^^ Just do it man. Play those practice match and don't make an excuse afterwards.
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old May 23, 2011, 09:36 PM
Avik's Avatar
Avik Avik is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 15, 2008
Location: Piscataway, NJ, USA
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim
Posts: 743

yes, the practice matches are very important at this point of time.

Ekhane sobai bhalo kotha boltese, so i will just add small bits to it.

1) Naeem should be given a try as the no. 4 in the test team. his performance in the national league in the middle order, plus his experience in the test team makes us owe it to him. instead of trying someone completely new, he should be tried out. I just hope the new coach doesnt treat him as a bowler, rather a batsman who can bowl a bit. in test matches, he is very ineffective as a bowler.

2) Junaid has done enough to earn a recall in the test team. he has always been a solid batsman in the test team. while shahriar nafees is playing well, junaid deserved that no. 3 position more.

3) we should look for definite other options than Razzak in test matches. Enamul ke keno team e neowa hoitese na? i do not think throwing a new recruit to zimbabwe is the best of ideas, but anyone who is doing well in first class is better than Razzak in the longer format.
__________________
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old May 23, 2011, 10:05 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avik
yes, the practice matches are very important at this point of time.

Ekhane sobai bhalo kotha boltese, so i will just add small bits to it.

1) Naeem should be given a try as the no. 4 in the test team. his performance in the national league in the middle order, plus his experience in the test team makes us owe it to him. instead of trying someone completely new, he should be tried out. I just hope the new coach doesnt treat him as a bowler, rather a batsman who can bowl a bit. in test matches, he is very ineffective as a bowler.

2) Junaid has done enough to earn a recall in the test team. he has always been a solid batsman in the test team. while shahriar nafees is playing well, junaid deserved that no. 3 position more.

3) we should look for definite other options than Razzak in test matches. Enamul ke keno team e neowa hoitese na? i do not think throwing a new recruit to zimbabwe is the best of ideas, but anyone who is doing well in first class is better than Razzak in the longer format.
Agree that Zunaed should be in the test team and should be the #3, but I believe Nafees should be at the #4 ahead of Naeem. His test record for a BD batsman is already good and it's less risky then trying out Naeem. Also Nafees is overall a better batsman who has had more reps playing in the top order. On top of that, Nafees has also batted in the middle order in tests before. So it would be interesting to see how it would work out.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old May 23, 2011, 11:37 PM
Isnaad's Avatar
Isnaad Isnaad is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 18, 2008
Location: 23.71 N, 90.40 E
Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla
Posts: 5,187

Amader deshe planning ar consequent thinking er khub baaje obostha!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old May 23, 2011, 11:56 PM
Worldwide Worldwide is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 10, 2011
Posts: 16

Elias Sunny - man of the tournament in the NCL and had a decent A tour, he at least deserves an opportunity to see if he can make it at that level. He can be the second spinner and also score few runs.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old May 24, 2011, 12:12 AM
al-Sagar's Avatar
al-Sagar al-Sagar is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: December 23, 2007
Location: The Quiet Place
Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Posts: 27,079

Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old May 24, 2011, 01:47 PM
deshimon's Avatar
deshimon deshimon is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 17, 2011
Location: Dans le Monde
Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq
Posts: 3,793

There is an argument for number 4 position. IMO Rajin Saleh can be selected at number 4 for test. Mahmudullah, Naeem & Sakib is enough as spin bowlers yet we can select one more pace bowler in zimbabwe condition.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old May 24, 2011, 01:49 PM
Banglaguy Banglaguy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 30, 2010
Location: London
Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Posts: 4,904

And who do you propose? I suggest a trio of Shafiul, Rubel and Shahadat. And Riyad should play, he is the second best batsmen we have.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old May 24, 2011, 01:59 PM
deshimon's Avatar
deshimon deshimon is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 17, 2011
Location: Dans le Monde
Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq
Posts: 3,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
BCB should arrange match against strong A team of other test nation.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old May 25, 2011, 08:39 AM
MarufH's Avatar
MarufH MarufH is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 20, 2006
Location: Washington D.C., USA
Favorite Player: David Warner
Posts: 3,484

kudos to the idea of playing 4 day match against rajshahi.
__________________
Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old May 25, 2011, 03:47 PM
deshimon's Avatar
deshimon deshimon is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 17, 2011
Location: Dans le Monde
Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq
Posts: 3,793

Rajshahi is our domestic team. But it will be good play with others A team in bouncy pitches.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket