facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11326  
Old October 29, 2019, 01:09 PM
Vahroone's Avatar
Vahroone Vahroone is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 31, 2014
Location: Indian Ocean
Posts: 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Before you guys jump into any conclusion try to find out the long haul politics behind all these. Someone close to Shakib told that when Shakib was approached by that bookie (who is some powerful guy connected to BD cricket), he told Papon and Papon told him not to worry and focus on his playing. So SHAKIB TRUSTED PAPON. But then their relationship got bitter and Papon reported this to ACSU. The situation is not so black and white as it seems. Sometimes the players can't report directly to ACSU as it might be life-threatening for them so they let their board know in order to get support. But when the board is corrupt you have no one.
Oh really, then why not come out and clear the air tonight of all nights?

Instead, all we have is radio silence so far.
__________________
About time Bangladesh turned on the afterburners and started winning tests and tournaments.
Reply With Quote

  #11327  
Old October 29, 2019, 01:20 PM
Wickets Wickets is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 19, 2016
Posts: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
Oh really, then why not come out and clear the air tonight of all nights?

Instead, all we have is radio silence so far.
Because it's clearly a load of nonsense given the ICCs ACU investigation into Shakib started at the beginning of this year at the latest, well before Papon fell out with Shakib.
Reply With Quote
  #11328  
Old October 29, 2019, 02:01 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 34,645

Have you quantum physicists considered the probability that maybe...maybe Shakib is trying to hide something, hence his acquiescence?
__________________
Atman
Reply With Quote
  #11329  
Old October 29, 2019, 02:07 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 34,645

It's a classic happenstance of a truck driver hitting a bystander who was supposed to be a criminal. Meaning wrong thing happened at the wrong time. Hume's connexion and all. Just cuz A correlates to B doesn't mean there is relation.

Papon's retaliation has nothing to do with Shakib's culpability.

Meaning, it seems Shakib was shady as TBF pointed out so it is kinda of a plea bargain. Shame on Shakib. I thought you had better guts. And it is unfortunate bookies can pretty much get our nubile boys anywhere anytime. lol smdh
__________________
Atman
Reply With Quote
  #11330  
Old October 29, 2019, 02:22 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 34,645

My take is this something like this transpired lol

bookies: whatts up?
iceman: pore kotha hobe

*goes to inform Papon*

shak74: kaku ei holo ghotona
papon: thak eishob bepar kaure bolar dorkar nai ...ulta amder gondogol hobe
shakib: accha
__________________
Atman
Reply With Quote
  #11331  
Old October 29, 2019, 02:24 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 34,645

Just rated this thread terrible. Please do so if you agree.
__________________
Atman
Reply With Quote
  #11332  
Old October 29, 2019, 03:36 PM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is offline
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 14,025

This thread is 10 years old..Soon it will be inactive
__________________
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open.....Thomas Dewey
Reply With Quote
  #11333  
Old October 29, 2019, 09:36 PM
oronnya oronnya is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 19, 2011
Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid
Posts: 4,138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
It's a classic happenstance of a truck driver hitting a bystander who was supposed to be a criminal. Meaning wrong thing happened at the wrong time. Hume's connexion and all. Just cuz A correlates to B doesn't mean there is relation.

Papon's retaliation has nothing to do with Shakib's culpability.

Meaning, it seems Shakib was shady as TBF pointed out so it is kinda of a plea bargain. Shame on Shakib. I thought you had better guts. And it is unfortunate bookies can pretty much get our nubile boys anywhere anytime. lol smdh
Funny the way you guys are portraying as if he actually fixed matches. Our players are not superhuman or superheroes. They too make mistakes, what is important - did that mistake change the outcome of any of those matches- no it didn’t. So practically he didn’t do anything immoral to compromise his team’s honour. Yes, It still boggles my mind why didn’t he let ACU know about it. But as far as I know, he did let Papon know as someone connected to BCB was involved. Now there is no way to prove that so that’s pure stupidity from Shakib. He should have let ACU know about it unless he was actually threatened. Also what concerns me more is why didn’t he fix any matches when he got approached thrice? I mean If he never intended to do that then why did he respond to this bookie? Something is missing here. Good that Shakib got the punishment, though I feel the punishment is a little too harsh.

Also, this incident should be a good reason to investigate even further and find out all the culprits. Why only players will pay the price? Everyone connected to it should get punished as well. The proven corrupt people are sitting on the board while a player is getting punished not for corruption but for not notifying. I think many are talking about urging ICC to revise this rule as not always players are in a position to notify as their lives or their families' lives are in danger. When ICC knows about these bookies then they should find a way to take action against them.
Reply With Quote
  #11334  
Old October 30, 2019, 12:15 AM
bura's Avatar
bura bura is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 22, 2009
Posts: 1,663

সানরাইজার্সের একজন নির্দিষ্ট খেলোয়াড় ওই ম্যাচে খেলবেন কি না, এ ব্যাপারে সাকিবের কাছে জানতে চান তিনি। এ ছাড়া দলের ভেতরের আরও কিছু খবরও জানতে চান আগারওয়াল। সেদিন আগারওয়ালের সঙ্গে বেশ অনেকক্ষণ ধরে কথা হয় সাকিবের। আগারওয়াল সাকিবের কাছে তাঁর ডলার অ্যাকাউন্টের বিস্তারিত তথ্য জানতে চান। জবাবে সাকিব বলেন, তিনি আগে আগারওয়ালের সঙ্গে দেখা করতে চান

This tells me the ban, in fact, should have been longer. Let's not kid ourselves this not just normal chit chat he clearly knew he is proposing to fix with potential monetary benefits and this is against the code. Despite that, he continued conversations. Even if it is not in codes he should not have carried that conversation and reported it right away.

Thing is this is against the code not just in cricket but in any professional domain. People from the subcontinent just don't understand that because they don't get trained on this in their professional life.
Reply With Quote
  #11335  
Old October 30, 2019, 02:42 AM
godzilla's Avatar
godzilla godzilla is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 4, 2009
Posts: 4,376

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
Oh really, then why not come out and clear the air tonight of all nights?

Instead, all we have is radio silence so far.
I definitely don't support Shakib nor do I think he is innocent in this matter - definitely had some shady sh*t going on. However, if a powerful man had a gun pointed towards me, friends and family, I too would stfu and take a 1 year ban and go on my merry way. One year vs looking behind my shoulder for the rest of my life, not really a hard bargain when it's put into that perspective.

This is why I sympathized with Amir. Kid probably didn't have much of a choice. Bookies definitely has big connections or works for them.
Reply With Quote
  #11336  
Old October 30, 2019, 04:53 AM
taklima_naj taklima_naj is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 7, 2006
Location: Uk
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 2,055

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Funny the way you guys are portraying as if he actually fixed matches. Our players are not superhuman or superheroes. They too make mistakes, what is important - did that mistake change the outcome of any of those matches- no it didn’t. So practically he didn’t do anything immoral to compromise his team’s honour. Yes, It still boggles my mind why didn’t he let ACU know about it. But as far as I know, he did let Papon know as someone connected to BCB was involved. Now there is no way to prove that so that’s pure stupidity from Shakib. He should have let ACU know about it unless he was actually threatened. Also what concerns me more is why didn’t he fix any matches when he got approached thrice? I mean If he never intended to do that then why did he respond to this bookie? Something is missing here. Good that Shakib got the punishment, though I feel the punishment is a little too harsh.

Also, this incident should be a good reason to investigate even further and find out all the culprits. Why only players will pay the price? Everyone connected to it should get punished as well. The proven corrupt people are sitting on the board while a player is getting punished not for corruption but for not notifying. I think many are talking about urging ICC to revise this rule as not always players are in a position to notify as their lives or their families' lives are in danger. When ICC knows about these bookies then they should find a way to take action against them.
Well said
Reply With Quote
  #11337  
Old October 30, 2019, 05:33 AM
Wickets Wickets is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 19, 2016
Posts: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
I definitely don't support Shakib nor do I think he is innocent in this matter - definitely had some shady sh*t going on. However, if a powerful man had a gun pointed towards me, friends and family, I too would stfu and take a 1 year ban and go on my merry way. One year vs looking behind my shoulder for the rest of my life, not really a hard bargain when it's put into that perspective.

This is why I sympathized with Amir. Kid probably didn't have much of a choice. Bookies definitely has big connections or works for them.
You realise Amir was setup in a newspaper sting? There were no bookies or criminals involved.
Reply With Quote
  #11338  
Old October 30, 2019, 08:26 AM
godzilla's Avatar
godzilla godzilla is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 4, 2009
Posts: 4,376

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickets
You realise Amir was setup in a newspaper sting? There were no bookies or criminals involved.
The bookie was arrested remember? I don't remember the name exactly, news paper agent went to the bookie to give him money to spot fix, etc, etc, etc. Amir and co, played it out exactly how the bookie talked about in the secretly recorded video.
Not saying Amir is innocent in this, all am saying is that we don't know if he was threatened behind the scene to play it out, either from the bookies or his dear old captain. Bottom line is, bookies/teammates could Infact threaten/don't leave them with choices sometimes. Players could feel caged. If after reporting, they can't find any security from icc/own board, these kind of situation will occur over and over again.
Reply With Quote
  #11339  
Old October 30, 2019, 09:02 PM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 13,434

Quote:
Originally Posted by bura
সানরাইজার্সের একজন নির্দিষ্ট খেলোয়াড় ওই ম্যাচে খেলবেন কি না, এ ব্যাপারে সাকিবের কাছে জানতে চান তিনি। এ ছাড়া দলের ভেতরের আরও কিছু খবরও জানতে চান আগারওয়াল। সেদিন আগারওয়ালের সঙ্গে বেশ অনেকক্ষণ ধরে কথা হয় সাকিবের। আগারওয়াল সাকিবের কাছে তাঁর ডলার অ্যাকাউন্টের বিস্তারিত তথ্য জানতে চান। জবাবে সাকিব বলেন, তিনি আগে আগারওয়ালের সঙ্গে দেখা করতে চান

This tells me the ban, in fact, should have been longer. Let's not kid ourselves this not just normal chit chat he clearly knew he is proposing to fix with potential monetary benefits and this is against the code. Despite that, he continued conversations. Even if it is not in codes he should not have carried that conversation and reported it right away.
Agree, this was not just an innocent oversight from Shakib.

However, I do think one year ban is long enough.
Reply With Quote
  #11340  
Old October 30, 2019, 11:14 PM
hoodlum hoodlum is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 26, 2007
Posts: 3,641

Other cricket pundits think Shakib is lucky to get away with just a year ban. I think that too.
__________________
One of the best catch ever by a Bangladeshi fielder --Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #11341  
Old October 31, 2019, 03:25 AM
Shaan's Avatar
Shaan Shaan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 11, 2004
Location: somewhere in the GaLaXy
Favorite Player: TIGERS !!
Posts: 5,002

সন্দেহের তালিকায় নেই বাংলাদেশের অন্য কোনো ক্রিকেটার
ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক, ঢাকা
৩১ অক্টোবর ২০১৯, ১৩:০৬
আপডেট: ৩১ অক্টোবর ২০১৯, ১৪:১২
প্রথম আলো ফাইল ছবি
প্রথম আলো ফাইল ছবি

দীপক আগারওয়ালকে ঘিরে গভীর তদন্তে নেমেছে আইসিসি। ফেঁসে যেতে পারেন বেশ কিছু ক্রিকেটার। তবে বাংলাদেশের আর কারও থাকার শঙ্কা নেই

জুয়াড়ির প্রস্তাব গোপন করে নিষিদ্ধ হয়েছেন সাকিব আল হাসান। ভারতীয় সেই জুয়াড়ি দীপক আগাওয়ালের কাছে নাকি বাংলাদেশের আরও কয়েকজন ক্রিকেটারের ফোন নম্বর আছে। গত কদিনে এমন তথ্যই জানিয়েছে সংবাদমাধ্যম। কিন্তু বিপদের তালিকায় বাংলাদেশের আর কোনো ক্রিকেটারের থাকার শঙ্কা নেই বলেই জানিয়েছে সংশ্লিষ্ট সূত্র।

জুয়াড়িরা কড়া নেড়েছিলেন আফিফ হোসেনের দরজাতেও। কিন্তু সন্দেহজনক মনে হওয়ায় দেরি না করে তা আইসিসি ও বিসিবির দুর্নীতি দমন ইউনিটকে (এসিইউ) জানিয়ে দেন তরুণ এ ক্রিকেটার। শুধু তাই নয়, সাকিব যাঁর প্রস্তাব গোপন করে শাস্তি পেয়েছেন সেই দীপক আগারওয়াল যোগাযোগ করেছিলেন তামিম ইকবালের সঙ্গেও। কিন্তু তামিমও বুদ্ধি করে জানিয়ে দেন বিসিবির দুর্নীতি দমন বিভাগকে। বাংলাদেশের এ ওপেনারকে হোয়াটসঅ্যাপে বার্তা পাঠিয়েছিলেন আগারওয়াল। তামিম তাঁকে হোয়াটসঅ্যাপে ‘ব্লক’ করেন। এসিইউকে সব প্রমাণ দেখিয়ে ছাড়া পান তামিম।

আইসিসির দুর্নীতি দমন বিভাগ সাকিব ছাড়াও বাংলাদেশের আরও ছয় ক্রিকেটারের সঙ্গে কথা বলেছে বলে জানিয়েছে কয়েকটি সংবাদমাধ্যম। দীপক আগারওয়ালকে ঘিরেও আইসিসির তদন্তের ডালপালা ছড়িয়ে আছে আরও নানা দিকে। অদূর ভবিষ্যতে তাতে ফেঁসে যেতে পারেন আরও ক্রিকেটার। তবে সে তালিকায় বাংলাদেশের আর কারও থাকার আশঙ্কা নেই বলে জানিয়েছে সূত্র।
© স্বত্ব প্রথম আলো ১৯৯৮ - ২০১৯
সম্পাদক ও প্রকাশক: মতিউর রহমান
প্রগতি ইনস্যুরেন্স ভবন, ২০-২১ কারওয়ান বাজার , ঢাকা ১২১৫

ফোন: ৮১৮০০৭৮-৮১, ফ্যাক্স: ৫৫০১২২০০, ৫৫০১২২১১ ইমেইল: info@prothomalo.com

https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...-কোনো
Reply With Quote
  #11342  
Old October 31, 2019, 03:38 AM
Shaan's Avatar
Shaan Shaan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 11, 2004
Location: somewhere in the GaLaXy
Favorite Player: TIGERS !!
Posts: 5,002

i see some partial mistake too done by Shakib himself, why didn’t he inform acsu about this at first place like tamim and afif did ?!
now he wouldn’t have trapped by papi-papon i bet who now enjoying the drama.
Reply With Quote
  #11343  
Old October 31, 2019, 06:08 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 34,645

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
Other cricket pundits think Shakib is lucky to get away with just a year ban. I think that too.
I wouldn't pay much attention to them. From Day 1 they have been annoyingly kanjush to give praise and compliment. While they may be right to certain extent, these same fools have a tendency to condescendingly view us as minnows without mentioning the word. Don't forget.

What suddenly Deano, Romjiz Rice and Vaughn became avatars of cricket?

Jay Hind!
__________________
Atman
Reply With Quote
  #11344  
Old October 31, 2019, 08:39 PM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 5,982

This guy's ban hijacking the news cycle, when we all had just found out how dysfunctional the board is, is the saddest realization of all.

No talk about how we can build the team, build infrastructure, investigate incumbent crooks in the board, enable the coach. Nope, no talk of that. Instead we want to cry about a tempted fool, who never won Bd anything.

__________________
#PrivatizeBCB
#PrivatizeBFF
The end of Rahim will mark a new great beginning for the complacency free Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #11345  
Old November 1, 2019, 03:56 AM
Shaan's Avatar
Shaan Shaan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 11, 2004
Location: somewhere in the GaLaXy
Favorite Player: TIGERS !!
Posts: 5,002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
This guy's ban hijacking the news cycle, when we all had just found out how dysfunctional the board is, is the saddest realization of all.

No talk about how we can build the team, build infrastructure, investigate incumbent crooks in the board, enable the coach. Nope, no talk of that. Instead we want to cry about a tempted fool, who never won Bd anything.

Spot on !!
__________________
GO BANGLADESH GO!!!
------------------------------
Fav.Int.Players: Sachin/Lara/Sir.viv/Ponting/Ambrose/W.Akram/R.Hadlee
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket