facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 7, 2017, 11:43 AM
Banned

*yawn*.

Old February 7, 2017, 11:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Please. Please. Call me Zeeshan.

LOL, didn't expect you to expect so much from me.... only after joining....umm....last week?
Been a lurker for quite some time, familiar with your posts.

Alright Zeeshan, stop being a snob for once and try making some sense, string together a proper post on the topic then we can debate.

This sudden arrogance of yours is just a facade since you have nothing substantial to post
Old February 7, 2017, 11:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
Roy, I claim my 2 rosgullas now
You really ruffled someone's feathers man
Old February 7, 2017, 11:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Stay on topic guys....

Solely here to discuss Mustafizur's absence from the main squad...
Old February 7, 2017, 12:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin
BDFlag The Fizz

Undoubtedly, Fizz is the best pace bowler we have currently simply because he is smart and thinks before he bowls. Although his weapons are mostly cutters and slower deliveries, he can also generate some pace at times and swing. He just needs to be regular in national side, keeps thinking and improving, learn to swing both ways and perhaps build some muscle. Avoid overdoing cutters and concentrate on pace only. And with his limited records, he is properly rated in Int'l arena (by ICC, Int'l players and commentators).

I believe no surgery can recover you 100%. Then a surgery this early his career is a loss for him and his country. Besides, he is young and comes from an ordinary background. He was perhaps not mentally ready although he was declared physically recovered.

Playing a single test against India means NOTHING. They are our neighbouring country and It took them 17 years to invite us again. After this "historic" test, we may have to wait another decade or so. What best possible thing you can achieve from this test? A win or draw isn't going to do much to our test records or change our batsman's mentality overnight. This could be a moral boost but I wouldn't push Fizz to play if he isn't mentally satisfied to come back. After all, he is an asset for us and we will need him in near future (like in a full series with a good test playing nation. i.e. SL series).
Old February 7, 2017, 12:50 PM

Typically a rehab is required for any player to get back to fitness and to avoid long term injury risk. If you play with injuries, you typically worsen it, as well as risk long term. While getting back to fitness, one should obey Doctor's orders as words in Bible. If Doctor's have asked Fizz not to bowl ~20 overs a day, there's no choice left.
Old February 7, 2017, 12:51 PM

“মুস্তাফিজের স্কিল ফিটনেসে অসুবিধা আছে। টেস্ট ম্যাচে অনেক বেশি বল করতে হয়। ও ধরনের ফিটনেসে এখনও ও রিকভারি করেনি। ফিজিক্যাল ফিটনেস ঠিক আছে, উন্নতি হয়েছে। কিন্তু স্কিলে যেটা দরকার, ওর আরও সময় লাগবে। সে হিসেবে চিন্তা করে ক্রাইস্টচার্চে ওকে আমরা রেখেছিলাম যেহেতু আমাদের বিকল্প খেলোয়াড়ের অভাব হয়ে গিয়েছিল।”
Old February 7, 2017, 01:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
You guys are over-rating the "fizz". Its one thing to take wickets in LOI cricket, where the batsmen have to constantly keep taking a bit of risk and go for their shots in pursuit of runs. Test cricket is an altogether different beast. It requires endurance and stamina from the bowlers - the capacity to bowl 20-25 overs a day at top pace and effectiveness is a pre-requisite. So is the ability to take wickets when batsmen are defending. Or work them out with a plan. Not just take wickets by defeating and deceiving the big shot with a well disguised cutter.

I saw a little bit of that Subhashish fella bowling in NZ. To me, BD would be better off going with a bowler like that guy instead of "Fizz" in test cricket. That's assuming the new guy is fit enough to bowl sustained quality spells, and has enough abilty and experience to be a wicket-taker in the longer format. "Fizz" would likely fizzle out with the red ball, at this stage of his career. He needs to keep developing and add more weapons to his armory before he can be effective in test cricket. Throw him in before he's ready, and you risk burning him out, especially given his fragile physique and fitness levels.
Mustafiz actually has the tools to be a good solid red ball operator. You are confusing his ODI bowling with the red ball unfortunately.

On his Test debut, Mustafiz had an over where he picked up Amla, Duminy, and QDK in a triple wicket maiden. There were no cutters just a hint of reverse swing. His average pace was 138 kph...so if thats is slower ball, that alone should be reason enough for any Indian to fall in prostration.

I know its beneath your dignity to watch a BD match, but at least review the youtube highlights reel for hell's sake.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 7, 2017, 01:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Stay on topic guys....

Solely here to discuss Mustafizur's absence from the main squad...
ok sir I will stay in topic.....

Why Mustafzur is absent from the team? Is he really sick or he is home sick?
Was Mustafizur over worked or he is fragile?
Is there any possibility that someone in the selection team really hates him?
How is his relationship with the coach and the captain? Is there any chance they played a role here?
Is Mustafiz's bolwing action clean? Or BCB is afraif that after he gets 5 wicket, he will be reported as suspect bowler and that's why he is not in the team.

Mone onek prosno jage...dichee na tar jobab kew.
Old February 7, 2017, 01:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

At first I was frustrated that Musta will miss out but now that I think of it I am ok with it.
Let him gain his skill fitness in BCL so that we can have a 100% fit Mustafiz for a full Srilanka series rather than pushing him for a one test match tour of India.
Old February 7, 2017, 01:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
ok sir I will stay in topic.....

Why Mustafzur is absent from the team? Is he really sick or he is home sick?
Was Mustafizur over worked or he is fragile?
Is there any possibility that someone in the selection team really hates him?
How is his relationship with the coach and the captain? Is there any chance they played a role here?
Is Mustafiz's bolwing action clean? Or BCB is afraif that after he gets 5 wicket, he will be reported as suspect bowler and that's why he is not in the team.

Mone onek prosno jage...dichee na tar jobab kew.
Haha

I don't think anyone in the selection hates him.
Old February 7, 2017, 01:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Homework questions:

1) how fast is the slowest delivery in the clip?

2) apart from Brett Lee, who bowls cutters at 140 kph?

3) bonus question: where was Donald Trump born?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 7, 2017, 01:54 PM
Banned

How dare I call "Fizz" overhyped. That one spell in one test proves he's the greatest bowler ever to play the sport.

Calm down Lord Farquaad. Else those Indian umpires with those fake white-face mission impossible masks will come get you.
Old February 7, 2017, 02:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
How dare I call "Fizz" overhyped. That one spell in one test proves he's the greatest bowler ever to play the sport.

Calm down Lord Farquaad. Else those Indian umpires with those fake white-face mission impossible masks will come get you.
They certainly weren't cutters although I should cut you some slack I suppose since quality pace is a totally foreign entity in your country.

Although progress is being made...you've somehow managed to avoid the claim that the speedguns are biased in favor of Bangladesh trying to make Mustafiz look like a fast medium instead of a dibbly dobbler. Keep up the good work.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 7, 2017, 02:29 PM
Banned

I've said my piece on Fizz in the thread above. I'm not going to feed the home-troll. seems like he prefers "phaast" food!
Old February 7, 2017, 02:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
I've said my piece on Fizz in the thread above. I'm not going to feed the home-troll. seems like he prefers "phaast" food!
Nah man the Fizz is quite good. I think you are missing the point. In Bangladesh, most if not all our pacers are seriously crap in test cricket. Hence, irrespective of how much pace he dropped, we believe, as we know that Mustafiz would do much better than our other pace bowlers. But honestly, I wouldn't risk him just for that one match... but the negative side to this is... Taskin/Roy/Rabbi who ever gets picked may have a very difficult time against the Indian batters. Mustafiz would probably have couple of wickets with decent numbers. But the other pacers, who knows what disastrous figures they will have
Old February 7, 2017, 02:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Nah man the Fizz is quite good. I think you are missing the point. In Bangladesh, most if not all our pacers are seriously crap in test cricket. Hence, irrespective of how much pace he dropped, we believe, as we know that Mustafiz would do much better than our other pace bowlers. But honestly, I wouldn't risk him just for that one match... but the negative side to this is... Taskin/Roy/Rabbi who ever gets picked may have a very difficult time against the Indian batters. Mustafiz would probably have couple of wickets with decent numbers. But the other pacers, who knows what disastrous figures they will have
Fizz has flashed good potential, but quite right not to risk him for a one-off test, especially if he's not fully fit.

Don't be so negative before the game starts. Its all zero-zero until the first ball.
Old February 7, 2017, 02:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Your presence is sustenance enough my friend. I had semi retired from the forum till you had popped back. BC is boring without a healthy dose of asinine condescension mixed with a drop of denialism.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 7, 2017, 02:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer
Just stop. Let's play this 20 year old skinny guy with recent injury issues in every test match and ruin his career. That's what we do best so why not right?
This.

"Just stop. Let's play this 20 year old skinny guy with recent injury issues in every test match and ruin his career. That's what we do best so why not right?"

Copy pasting it again. One wasn't enough.
Old February 7, 2017, 02:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Fizz has flashed good potential, but quite right not to risk him for a one-off test, especially if he's not fully fit.

Don't be so negative before the game starts. Its all zero-zero until the first ball.
I'm a silent tiger at the moment....

But, will I roar after the test? or still remain silent? let's see what happens...
Old February 7, 2017, 02:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
So who is better? Musta at 125 or Shafiul? I would take Musta even if he had to bowl blindfolded over Shafiul
Correct. However, what is the risk assessment? With his inclusion can we draw the test? Can we win the test? No on both occasions because that mostly depends on the batsmens' performances.

And the risk is, losing him for SL series and beyond. That is something that the management is not willing to take.
Old February 7, 2017, 02:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
I'm a silent tiger at the moment....

But, will I roar after the test? or still remain silent? let's see what happens...
I like that.

When I was a kid, my dad used to tell me this made-up bedtime story about "small tiger, big tiger". That's what India - BD cricket and fan banter makes me think of.
Old February 7, 2017, 03:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I like that.

When I was a kid, my dad used to tell me this made-up bedtime story about "small tiger, big tiger". That's what India - BD cricket and fan banter makes me think of.
Are you guys known as Tigers also? I thought internationally and worldwide, we Bangladeshis are known as Tigers?
Old February 7, 2017, 03:27 PM
Banned

Panthera tigris tigris is India's national animal my friend.
Old February 7, 2017, 03:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Watch these same people cry for Fizz's inclusion for IPL when that time comes