facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 24, 2017, 12:17 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD
Default 'ভাগ্যে না থাকলে কীভাবে হবে।’ Straight outta horses mouth. Shakib's interview on PA

আমি যেহেতু ভাগ্যে বিশ্বাস করি, অনেক সময় আমার মনে হয়, ভাগ্যে না থাকলে কীভাবে হবে।’
Read full interview on Prothom Alo
http://m.prothom-alo.com/sports/arti...াগ-সিক-না’

Old January 24, 2017, 12:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Way to cherry pick the stuff that you wanna incriminate him with. Way to take things out of context. You make it sound like that was the title. Well then again that's what journalists do. Edits stuffs out out of context. You have a good career ahead.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 24, 2017, 02:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

দুর্দান্ত বোলিং, ক্ষিপ্র ফিল্ডিং, অসাধারণ সব শট। সাকিব আল হাসান বলতে আরও একটা ছবিও কিন্তু ভাসে—আউট হয়ে ফিরছেন মাথা নাড়তে নাড়তে। হতাশা নিয়ে। ভালো খেলতে খেলতে হঠাৎ​ই একটা বাজে শট, কিংবা শুরুতেই গিয়ে মেরে খেলতে গিয়ে আউট। ইংল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে গত সিরিজে তো বটেই; নিউজিল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে দুই টেস্টেই সাকিবের দুটি আউট নিয়ে তীব্র সমালোচনা। দুই টেস্টেই তাঁর ওই আউট যে দলকে ভীষণ বিপদে ফেলেছে। অথচ সিনিয়র হিসেবে আরও দায়িত্ব নেওয়ার কথা ছিল তাঁর।
এ নিয়ে সাকিবের নিজস্ব ব্যাখ্যা কী? প্রথম আলোকে দেওয়া সাক্ষাৎ​কারে সাকিব বলেছেন, ‘সব আউট নিয়েই তো হতাশা থাকে। সব আউটেই মনে হয় আরেকটু খেলতে পারলে ভালো হতো। ২১৭ যেদিন করেছি, সেদিনও মনে হয়েছে, আরেকটু ব্যাটিং করলে ভালো হতো। প্রতিটি আউটেই অপরাধবোধ থাকে। নতুন করে আর কী বলব। তবে হ্যাঁ, গুরুত্বপূর্ণ সময়ে আউট হলে মনে হয়, থাকলে তো দলের জন্য আরও বেশি কিছু করতে পারতাম।’
নিউজিল্যান্ড সিরিজের আউটগুলো নিয়ে বলতে গিয়ে সাকিবের মন্তব্য, বেশির ভাগ সময়ই তিনি উইকেট বিলিয়ে দিয়ে আসেন—এ তাঁরও উপলব্ধি, ‘আমার তো মনে পড়ে না আমি শেষ কবে ভালো বলে আউট হয়েছি। এটা সত্যি কথা, আমি মনে করতে পারি না শেষ কবে বোলার আমাকে আউট করে উইকেট নিয়েছে। দু-একটা আউট হয়তো দুর্ভাগ্যজনকভাবে হয়েছি। তবে বেশির ভাগ সময়ই আমি নিজের ভুলে আউট হই।’
সমস্যা যেহেতু জানেনই, সমাধান? সাকিবের উত্তর, ‘আমি তো বুঝি কোন সময়ে কী করতে হবে। কিন্তু সব সময় বুঝলেও তা কাজে লাগানো যায় না। একজন মানুষের পক্ষে সবকিছু সব সময় একইভাবে করা সম্ভব নয়। সে যতই জানুক কী করা উচিত, সব সময় সে তা করতে পারে না। ভাগ্যের একটা ব্যাপার থাকে। আমি যেহেতু ভাগ্যে বিশ্বাস করি, অনেক সময় আমার মনে হয়, ভাগ্যে না থাকলে কীভাবে হবে।’
সমাধান জানলেই যে সব​ সময় সমস্যা থেকে মুক্তি মিলবে, তা–ও মনে করেন না সাকিব। এ ব্যাপারে তাঁর ব্যাখ্যা, ‘আমি জানি, টেস্ট ম্যাচে আমাকে গুড লেংথে বল করতে হবে। করতেই থাকতে হবে, করতেই থাকতে হবে। এ রকম ৫-৭ ওভার বল করলে আমি একটি উইকেট পেতে পারি। এটা আপনিও জানেন। কিন্তু কেউ কি তা পারে? বেশির ভাগ সময় পারে না। বিশ্বের সেরা বোলার, সে–ও কি পারবে? পারবে না। চাইলেই বা সমস্যা জানলেই সমাধান হয়ে যাবে, বিষয়টি এমন নয়। স্কিল থাকলেও হবে না। কোনো মানুষই এক শ ভাগ সঠিক নয়।’
Old January 24, 2017, 08:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

I was pretty ticked off after readubg his excuses/explanation. Before I went off yet another rant, I thought it would be fair to wait to hear from folks who are a lot more knowledgeable than me.
I also tried to translate the Prothom Alo excerpts posted by Tiger's_Eye - just to give the folks who don't read Bangla. This is the first time, I ever attempted to translate from/to either one of these languages since I was forced to do so back in HS in another century. I tried to be faithful to literal sense whenever possible. In other cases, I tried to convey the real sentiment as much as I could.

Shakib's Response to Prothom Alo

Fearsome bowling, sharp fielding, extraordinary shots! When you think of Sakib Hassan, another picture comes to mind as well- walking back to the pavilion, shaking his head in frustration after getting out. (cheaply, yet again). Either he gets out trying to heave a big one right as he starts his inning or gets out playing a sudden rash shot that comes out of nowhere apparently while on song with bat. Not only in series against England, his two outs in equal number of tests against New Zealand, have been the subject of intense criticism. In both of those tests, his dismissals left them team in perilous spot of bother. As one of the senior most players in the team, however, he was expected to take on a lot more responsibilities (than what he had shown).
What sort of explanation does Shakib have in all of these? “ Of course, there is frustration in all dismissals. In every instance, I wish it’d have been better if I could’ve played a bit more. Even the day I scored 217, I thought to myself, it would’ve been nicer if I could bat longer”, said Shakib in an interview with Prothom Alo. “ There’s always a sense of guilt in every dismissal, I suppose. I don’t think I can add anything new to that feeling. But then again, when I do get out at really critical moments, I feel that if I managed to stay on, I could have done more for the team”- he added.
In discussing his dismissal in New Zealand series, he agrees that most of the time he just gave his wickets away for cheap (got out easily). “ I can’t recall the last time I got out with a good ball. It is true that I, too, can remember when a bowler actually earned my wicket. A couple of them (outs), perhaps, can be chalked up to just plain back luck. But, most of the time that I get dismissed is due the mistakes of my own making”.
Since you seem to know the root cause of the problem, what do you think the solution is? “Well, I do know what to do and when to do it” Shakib answered. “But, even if I’m ever cognizant of it (problem), it’s not always possible to employ the solution. It is impossible of one human being to do all things same way all the time. No matter how much he knows what should be done, he can’t possibly do them always. There is the fortune factor in play as well. Since I believe in fate, a lot of times I tell myself: ‘how was it going to happen if it wasn’t meant to be?’”
Even having the knowledge of the solution, doesn’t necessarily mean that deliverance (from the problem) is guaranteed, according to Shakib’s thinking. To that end, he explains “.. I know that in test matches, I’d have to bowl with good length and I got to keep at it for a while. I may be rewarded with a wicket after bowling like that for five to seven overs. This is common knowledge. But, can anybody pull it off? Not, for the most part! Can the best bowler in the world do that? No way! Just because you are aware of an (existing) problem or even know what the solution is (to that problem), doesn’t mean that it can be fixed (as easily). The issue isn’t like that! Even having skills won’t cut it. No human being is infallible.”
\"I come to you with only Karate: \"empty hands.\" I Have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor. Should it be a matter of life or death, right or wrong, then here are my weapons- Karate: \"empty hands.\"

-GrandMaster Ed Parker
Old January 24, 2017, 09:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Thanks for the translation Bushido. He sounds like a philosopher...
Old January 24, 2017, 09:42 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

That interview should come with a #alternativefacts
Old January 25, 2017, 09:10 AM
Test Cricketer

আশরাফুল এর ভাগ্যতত্ত্ব এখন সাকিব এর উপর ভর করছে।
Old January 25, 2017, 09:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Can't believe it !! That's the best explanation he could come up with? Why does he even bother to play if he can't apply some common sense while playing or taking some responsibility for his team's sake. If he thinks he can't take the responsibility then just leave it and do something which will suit his mentality like being a model for commercials or just run the business he already has. Why the team will carry the burden of a player in the hope that he might contribute some day.
Old January 25, 2017, 10:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Agree with one of the comment on PA

"শতকরা ৭০ ভাগ সঠিক হয়ে দেখান। That is enough. আউট হহওয়ার চেয়ে আউট হওয়ার ধরনটাই সমস্যা। ওটা দুর করুন। সাফল্য (নিজের এবং দলের) এমনিতেই আসবে। Shakib, you do not have problem with skill, it is the problem with mentality. Just imagine you are an average player, play normally (do not try to hit the ball out of the park and say I always play like this) an sensibly. Same suggestion for other established players. You must do it as others are following you. Bangladesh probably made the biggest mistake by not playing Mehedi Hasan Miraj in the shorter version. By doing this, they wanted to surprise New Zealand like they did to England at home. I guess it backfired as Mehedi was unable to acclimatazie in tests. Many of the readers probably will disagree with my opinion, but I guess it is true. Overall, Bangladesh is doing better, although growth is slower than we are expecting. Good luck."
Old January 25, 2017, 10:48 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

At this point in career, Shakib magically won't just change and start being more responsible. He will always be the player he is. I know it is no excuse but I have just accepted that fact. He will not change. Even he agreed, that he doesn't know the last time a bowler earned his wicket. He gives it away all the time.

I just hope that Mushy and Tamim will mature more. All these three still have at least 6-7 years of good cricketing years left.
Old January 25, 2017, 12:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

He clearly says that he doesn't remember when was the last time anyone got him out. His own words.

Meaning all his outs are his own mistakes. You know it yet you don't do anything about it. You keep on playing the way you have been playing and getting outs. One day he will be remorseful on what he could have become.
Old January 25, 2017, 12:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

Throwing wickets away (in his own words) made his batting test avg jump to 50.36 (2014-2017) from an all time avg of 40.67. If he becomes more responsible in guarding his own wicket which may turn his ducks into some 20's, 30's; surely his avg would jump even more. 10 more points will take his avg into 60's. Crazy, isn't it?
Old January 25, 2017, 01:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Extremely immature comment coming from one of the leading sportsmen of the subcontinent. Gyanpapi rai sob theke boro papi, I hope he was not serious saying this
Old January 25, 2017, 08:28 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
He clearly says that he doesn't remember when was the last time anyone got him out. His own words.

Meaning all his outs are his own mistakes. You know it yet you don't do anything about it. You keep on playing the way you have been playing and getting outs. One day he will be remorseful on what he could have become.
Or he won't. He is a millionaire now. I doubt he will care at all and be happy he was the best all-rounder for a while. If he actually had passion to be an all time great of world cricket, he would not be so careless
Old January 30, 2017, 09:36 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Happy Go Lucky - ness vs Gumption and Gravity.
Old January 31, 2017, 02:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Le Fizz

ভাগ্য নিজে হেটে আসে না কারো কাছে, ভাগ্য কে টেনে আনতে হয়, শাকিব মিঞা ।
Old January 31, 2017, 11:02 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Totally disheartening interview. Cannot believe a senior cricketer so casually admitting to throwing his wicket away game after game. Even with this attitude he is miles above the rest of our batting in terms of runs which just shows how pathetic the rest of our batting is. If i were one of those guys sharing the dressing room, i would be working extra hard to improve knowing that even a half committed Shakib is scoring more runs than I am.
Old January 31, 2017, 11:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Totally disheartening interview. Cannot believe a senior cricketer so casually admitting to throwing his wicket away game after game. Even with this attitude he is miles above the rest of our batting in terms of runs which just shows how pathetic the rest of our batting is. If i were one of those guys sharing the dressing room, i would be working extra hard to improve knowing that even a half committed Shakib is scoring more runs than I am.
Idk which is more sad, Shakib being nonchalant or nonchalant Shakib better than the rest of the line-up
Old February 1, 2017, 01:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

Sakib re Jinn e khaise... gese Bangladeshi future finally dhora khaise. Foul abar nonsense talking start korse..abar er episode luck mama , not pure orange juice. Shame of you sakib, talking about luck when you need match tactics? Where all you had to do, not scoring runs.. only stand? Ki re bhai... Bangla natok Shuru Banglar cricket e.
Old February 1, 2017, 01:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Just goes to show why he will never be in the same league of ATGs. Poor mentality.
Old February 1, 2017, 02:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Don't you dare question his mentality or anything because he is the greatest cricketer in the land. And it's a shame to criticise a player who has done wonders, even though he does gives his wicket away a lot of times in the most softest ways possible.

- Logic by his fans.
Old February 1, 2017, 03:48 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Le Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Don't you dare question his mentality or anything because he is the greatest cricketer in the land. And it's a shame to criticise a player who has done wonders, even though he does gives his wicket away a lot of times in the most softest ways possible.

- Logic by his fans.
, thik !!!

I have always been a big fan of his and hold him in high regard. But this interview was a complete let down.
I don't know if this reflects the "resigned to fate" mentality of the whole team or just him.
In either case it's very worrisome.

Last edited by Sylheti_Beta; February 3, 2017 at 01:34 AM..