facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 27, 2017, 06:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Bro, on Bangladeshis calling Indians names, I feel that the equal and sometimes even more hostile attacks are done by Indians. Anyways, it is just unfortunate and I feel it will die down. Honestly, it has been happening whenever India plays Bangladesh but after the matches are over it all quietens down. Overall, I cannot speak for others but I myself do feel somewhat connected to Bengalis in West Bengal. I have many friends from there and the issue of religion of the border divide is never the topic of our discussion but rather the bonds we share over many things. I think I speak for most Bangladeshis but you can never say that there are not Bangladeshis that hate Indians and vice versa, for no reason or reasons known to them. You just have to know your reasons to like or dislike and not sway based on what others are saying or doing. You gotta judge for yourself. Obviously not everybody can do that, and accept the other person's point of view, which is why there is so many problems in the world, if we could just do that then half of the world's problem would disappear, just accept what the other person is saying or doing, just live and let live
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
majority of the BD don't hate India (although it might seem that way from the internet). At my work, I probably interact with 5+ Indians on a daily basis and plus a dozen more on a on and off basis. We all get along very well.

That being said, I am not very good friends with any of them. Throughout college and even at work I made very few close Indian friends. But I have made plenty of Pakistani close friends. I tend to get along with them more than the Indians.
Tanvir and Mufi dadas,

I really appreciate your replying back with kind and sensible posts, however I think this may not be the right thread to take our discussion any further, we will only end up derailing this thread, and as you can see our resident rage boy Mas UK is already having his panties all in a bunch over this and crying to the mods .

Anyways, I would love to continue this discussion in some other thread or probably through PM, only if you permit.

Old January 27, 2017, 06:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

^ Head over to FC section. To the general chit chat thread. If you want to continue with your discussions.
Old January 27, 2017, 06:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Tanvir and Mufi dadas,

I really appreciate your replying back with kind and sensible posts, however I think this may not be the right thread to take our discussion any further, we will only end up derailing this thread, and as you can see our resident rage boy Mas UK is already having his panties all in a bunch over this and crying to the mods .

Anyways, I would love to continue this discussion in some other thread or probably through PM, only if you permit.
You only been here few days, and calling people names, cheerleaders, and now rage boy. Trying to troll, seeming all ostentatious and what not.
Your one obnoxious Indian I've ever met. No lie.

This isnt your troll forum like ICF or PP. Your calling me crying to mods, you think mods here like your stupid jokes? Lol
Old January 27, 2017, 06:39 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
.................. but for some of us Indian Bengalis who takes interest in Bangladeshi affairs for whatever reasons, it is extremely painful to see a nation for which we fought and gave our blood has turned out to be so rabidly antagonistic towards us. God knows what have we done wrong to deserve so much hate..................
You are right and wrong. Do you think anti-Indian sentiment and hating Indians are same? I have seen lot of Indians (left oriented Bengalis from Kolkata) have anti-American sentiments but they love Americans. This is true, there are some anti-Indian sentiments in Bangladesh. Let me try to explain few of the reasons:

- You have probably noticed there are strong anti-Indian sentiments in Nepal and Sri Lanka. This is basically for for big brotherly attitude of India. This is the main reason for BD also. Anti-Indian sentiments in Pakistan and China are probably for different reasons. In fact among the neighbors India has the best relationship with Bangladesh.
- Like India's BJP, there are political parties in BD also. They generate certain amount of anti-Indian sentiments for political purposes similar to BJP who thrives on anti-xxx sentiments.

But this is also true, Bangladeshis have a strong passion for their Bengali identity. That is why Shourav Ganguly is so popular, they felt very proud when Amarta Sen got Nobel prize, Satyajit got Oscar. But what is surprising, is the change in Kolkata. They always used to support BD teams. I remember in IFA shield, they supported Abahani against Kerala's Premier Tyers. When BD beat India in 2007 WC Anandabazar heading was " egaro bangalier Bharot joy". They were sad (because India lost) and were also happy. But last year I was shocked to see the people of Kolkata is supporting Pakistan against BD in T20 WC.
Old January 27, 2017, 06:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
You only been here few days, and calling people names, cheerleaders, and now rage boy. Trying to troll, seeming all ostentatious and what not.
Your one obnoxious Indian I've ever met. No lie.

This isnt your troll forum like ICF or PP. Your calling me crying to mods, you think mods here like your stupid jokes? Lol
Lol, these are not curse words dude

What's up with those PMs and claims to take banters sportingly?

I am witty enough to get under people's skin without stooping low and calling names, I am sure you know that by now

BTW you whine and cry too much for a guy, wonder why

Now don't get all riled up and stop derailing this thread

Last edited by Roy_1; January 27, 2017 at 07:21 PM..
Old January 27, 2017, 07:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejkuni
You are right and wrong. Do you think anti-Indian sentiment and hating Indians are same? I have seen lot of Indians (left oriented Bengalis from Kolkata) have anti-American sentiments but they love Americans. This is true, there are some anti-Indian sentiments in Bangladesh. Let me try to explain few of the reasons:

- You have probably noticed there are strong anti-Indian sentiments in Nepal and Sri Lanka. This is basically for for big brotherly attitude of India. This is the main reason for BD also. Anti-Indian sentiments in Pakistan and China are probably for different reasons. In fact among the neighbors India has the best relationship with Bangladesh.
- Like India's BJP, there are political parties in BD also. They generate certain amount of anti-Indian sentiments for political purposes similar to BJP who thrives on anti-xxx sentiments.

But this is also true, Bangladeshis have a strong passion for their Bengali identity. That is why Shourav Ganguly is so popular, they felt very proud when Amarta Sen got Nobel prize, Satyajit got Oscar. But what is surprising, is the change in Kolkata. They always used to support BD teams. I remember in IFA shield, they supported Abahani against Kerala's Premier Tyers. When BD beat India in 2007 WC Anandabazar heading was " egaro bangalier Bharot joy". They were sad (because India lost) and were also happy. But last year I was shocked to see the people of Kolkata is supporting Pakistan against BD in T20 WC.
Thanks for your post dude. This deserves a well constructive reply.

However a known troll is inhabiting this thread right now , quoting me and blabbering gibberish with impunity, I hope you wont mind if I gather my thoughts and reply back you later, You see I can't be a sensible poster and a troll hunter at the same time
Old January 27, 2017, 07:28 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Thanks for your post dude. This deserves a well constructive reply.

However a known troll is inhabiting this thread right now , quoting me and blabbering gibberish with impunity, I hope you wont mind if I gather my thoughts and reply back you later, You see I can't be a sensible poster and a troll hunter at the same time
No problem.