facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 23, 2008, 06:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirocker
Yaseer Bhai, I'm really dissapointed after noticing that even our tigers don't realize how passionate we are about our cricket culture.
Really Sad...

http://www.jugantor.com/online/conte...3/news0614.htm
Ya, I have read the same news in Prothom-Alo also. After reading this, 1st thing came into my mind is "still how much immature our players are". Supporters "Hattali" and "Galagali", both should not be taken into your head, otherwise it will be difficult to make your head function in proper way. These are the basic things that a national player should know. Our player are blown away with good words when they play well and now doing these stupid things in response to bad words.

Old November 23, 2008, 06:54 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I am really pleased that members liked this article. Looks like most of us share similar experiences as Tigers' fans.
Old November 23, 2008, 08:04 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

amazing! thank you Miraz bhai.
Old November 23, 2008, 08:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

As usual another brilliant piece of writing from Miraz bhai, was nice to read one of ur articles after a long time.
Old November 23, 2008, 10:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirocker
Yaseer Bhai, I'm really dissapointed after noticing that even our tigers don't realize how passionate we are about our cricket culture.
Really Sad...

http://www.jugantor.com/online/conte...3/news0614.htm
This actually need separate thread. But the fact is our present generation players are not mentally strong enough as they rarely play tough match in domestic season. Last year I was in one of Abahoni match. There is hardly any passion from the supporter. In the ICC era one drop catch even againest lowly team would mean that the player ears are full of $hit for the next few matches. That is why HB, Pilot, Sujon or Rafiq rarely react with fan's comment compare with Mash or Ash.
Miraz vai, another great article. But I would have appreciate if you just did not mention about the P2P on game. Who knows banglacricket would be now would be in Radar.
Old November 23, 2008, 12:41 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Miraz - Wow, I thought we were even more desperate than this.
Enjoyed the article. Hope folks back home will realize how tough it is for us to be Tiger''s fans out here in the neverland of cricket.
Old November 23, 2008, 01:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

miraz bhaia.. this article is amaizing.. words fail me.. its like.. it describes my and probably many other bc fans' feelings word to word.. its like i was readin my own biography.. as sum1 already mentioned... its simply fabulous.. very emotional and accurate.. and u know.. bc is more than just a forum for fans to post msgs.. its become like my home.. first thing i do when i cum online is cum here.. its become a part of my life.. i wish i'd joined earlier.. but still.. i relly love this place.. i feel very peaceful here..

i wish they'd put this article in cricinfo or sum newspaper.. prolly newspaper.. our team needs to know what they mean to us and to what extent we go to watch them play.. they dont deserve all this.. and they dont appreciate it.. its sad.. but i still love them..
Old November 23, 2008, 01:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

great stuff...

i loved this line:

Quote:
the link is distributed among fans residing in different countries using the online fan site BanglaCricket like a hotcake. It’s probably more lucrative than passing a romantic evening with someone special!!
Old November 23, 2008, 02:05 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee

bravo
Old November 23, 2008, 02:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
This actually need separate thread. But the fact is our present generation players are not mentally strong enough as they rarely play tough match in domestic season. Last year I was in one of Abahoni match. There is hardly any passion from the supporter. In the ICC era one drop catch even againest lowly team would mean that the player ears are full of $hit for the next few matches. That is why HB, Pilot, Sujon or Rafiq rarely react with fan's comment compare with Mash or Ash.
Miraz vai, another great article. But I would have appreciate if you just did not mention about the P2P on game. Who knows banglacricket would be now would be in Radar.
exactly,

plus you have to realize the unreasonableness of the people of modern era filled with impatience and unrealistic expectation, echoed throughout the international media and especially in the local media, sometimes Bangladesh is 'raised' above the bar, sometimes we are not. it is not the players fault that they are frustrated and are unwilling to comment after a depressing loss because they know deep within their hearts that they failed and they want to keep respect for themselves.

the ICC era was an era of complete appreciation of Bangladesh Cricket with relatively low expectation because we fans accepted the fact that we are not simply there yet, but today we still know we are not simply there yet, but we force this belief in ourselves that we are there... and put burden on our players thus they underperform...

although we should not take credit away from our players for each drop of sweat they put into hte field just for entertainment and national pride, it takes character.
Old November 23, 2008, 02:40 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikfreak
i wish they'd put this article in cricinfo or sum newspaper.. prolly newspaper.. our team needs to know what they mean to us and to what extent we go to watch them play.. they dont deserve all this.. and they dont appreciate it.. its sad.. but i still love them..
Players have probably read it as the article was published in the official New Zealand in Bangladesh tour souvenir.

Thanks again to everyone for your kind words.
Old November 23, 2008, 05:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
... but wins like Trinidad, Cardiff or Guyana gives them the opportunity to express their passion and they could see the respect in opponents’ eyes. Not a single fan will be willing to trade this respect for even $10 m.
Correction Miraz bhai....I will take the 10 million wired to my Swiss account any day over bd win.

Lol....just pulling your leg. Great article with an outstanding intro.
Old November 23, 2008, 06:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

Quote:
Players have probably read it as the article was published in the official New Zealand in Bangladesh tour souvenir.

U r great bro. As usual
Old November 24, 2008, 05:32 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Thanks thbest for your kind words.

I tried to be honest in this article. It would have been hugely incomplete without the struggle to see the matches using P2P softwares.
Old November 24, 2008, 06:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

miraz bhai kindly please also write one on "Harsh Life of a recently laid-off unemployed Tigers' Fans in a Foreign Land"! seriously...bakira shobai dua koren....
Old November 25, 2008, 09:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

I've been away so only just caught up with this. Great work Miraz bhai...
Old November 25, 2008, 02:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Wonderful article by Miraz bh!
Old November 25, 2008, 02:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

As everyone said, inspirational writing. Gopal may be kidding but I am not. I'd take that $10 m and lose the respect. $9.9 m investing back in cricket suddenly looks like a better deal.
Old November 26, 2008, 01:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

ধন্যবাদ মিরাজ ভাই। অসাধারন লেখা।
আবেগ মথিত। প্রতিটি শব্দে, প্রতিটি লাইনে ভালবাসার গান।
Old November 26, 2008, 01:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
miraz bhai kindly please also write one on "harsh life of a recently laid-off unemployed tigers' fans in a foreign land"! Seriously...bakira shobai dua koren....
হায় হায় জাভেদ ভাই কি বলেন ! চিন্তা করেন না, আল্লাহ আপনার সব মুশকিল আসান করে দিবেন ইনশাআল্লাহ
Old November 27, 2008, 01:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
হায় হায় জাভেদ ভাই কি বলেন ! চিন্তা করেন না, আল্লাহ আপনার সব মুশকিল আসান করে দিবেন ইনশাআল্লাহ
Alhamdulillah an dInshallah Auntu bhaiya! thank you my dear bhai.

going to do a change of profession - comedy acting korte chai....auntu bhai, amke apne ektu dhora dhori kore TV-te dhukie den....! ami boyoshko bekaar juboker roll korte paari, opor-talar pagol bharatia-er role korte paari, biriyani cook-er role...
Old November 27, 2008, 01:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Alhamdulillah Auntu bhaiya! thank you.

going to do a change of profession - comedy acting korte chai....auntu bhai, amke apne ektu dhora dhori kore TV-te dhukie den....! ami boyoshko bekaar juboker roll korte paari, opor-talar pagol bharatia-er role korte paari...
wat about opor-talar pagol bharaitia bekaar juboker roll?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 27, 2008, 02:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
wat about opor-talar pagol bharaitia bekaar juboker roll?
i am playing that role right now...as we speak....i am getting real good at it too...fantastik...
Old November 27, 2008, 03:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

Quote:

it'll be good if they've read it..

u know i've printed out this article and kept it with my cricket article collection.. where i've got loads of pics and articles.. (both frm newspaper and by printing) of mash.. sakib.. and the rest of these guys.. also stuff abt other international players whom i like or really bad stuff abt ppl i hate..
Old November 28, 2008, 10:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
alhamdulillah an dinshallah auntu bhaiya! Thank you my dear bhai.

Going to do a change of profession - comedy acting korte chai....auntu bhai, amke apne ektu dhora dhori kore tv-te dhukie den....! Ami boyoshko bekaar juboker roll korte paari, opor-talar pagol bharatia-er role korte paari, biriyani cook-er role...e-):-d
জাহিদ হাসান একবার বলেছিলো যে নাটকে নায়িকার বাবা হওয়া খুব ইন্টারেস্টিং হতে পারে। যখন তখন নায়িকাকে জড়িয়ে ধরা যায়, "আয় মা বুকে আয়" বলে।