facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 8, 2008, 07:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Default Dolar Mahmud: First Impression

I had stopped watching the match 15-16 overs into Pakistani innings. From what I had seen, this is my impression about Dolar -

He is a taller version of Nazmul. He can be categorized as a medium fast, slower than Mashrafe, Shahadat, Sajid, or Farhad is. He seems to have a decent control over L&L, although still needs a lot of work in this area. We can make a decent ODI bowler out of him, but, because of his lack of pace, he won't be effective in Test cricket.

Unless Shahadat learns to bowl in right areas within next three days, I like to see him opening bowling with Mashrafe in the next ODI, with Farhad brought back in the team as the third pacer.

Old June 8, 2008, 08:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

agreed. his pace is a bit more than nazmul tho.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 8, 2008, 08:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

he's still young, hopefully he'll gain some extra pace in the next few years.
Old June 8, 2008, 08:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

one thing i like about him is that he can frustrate the batsman plush he can bowl angle to angle. Batsman like yousuf was struggling against him.
Old June 8, 2008, 08:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Sorry guys, i know this is out of context here... but does any1 know what happened to the opening page of banglacricket?
we used to have this little thing on the top-left that would have the recently used threads.. we dont have that anymore... why? I really loved that thing and I used to use it all the time...
can some1 let me know whats going on? or if i have to download something to make it work again? ....mods maybe can give me a heads up on this saying that it will b fixed soon or somethin?
....k thanx!
Old June 8, 2008, 08:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozy
Sorry guys, i know this is out of context here... but does any1 know what happened to the opening page of banglacricket?
we used to have this little thing on the top-left that would have the recently used threads.. we dont have that anymore... why? I really loved that thing and I used to use it all the time...
can some1 let me know whats going on? or if i have to download something to make it work again? ....mods maybe can give me a heads up on this saying that it will b fixed soon or somethin?
....k thanx!
couple pplz been complaining that Banglacricket front page takes a while to load...n the thing you r talking was prolly causing it..so admins prolly removed it...just my thoughts...
Old June 9, 2008, 12:30 AM
Cricket Legend

I still feel he has been brought in too early. This guy needs another season or two of domestic and A Team cricket before this leap.
Old June 9, 2008, 01:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

I have seen Dollar before in the domestic matches.....

He is just a regular medium-fast bowler like other general BD bowlers with a slight edge in swinging the ball.

He can survive in ODI team if he improves his batting and contribute....i doubt he can survive only as a bowler....

Dollar is Tests...no way...at least not with the pace and control he is operating now....needs to improve a lot.....both in terms of swing/pace

My Impression on him: Like many other BD players.....too early to get selected in the team.
Old June 9, 2008, 02:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

No impression at all, looked pretty ordinary. Doesnot deserve a chance in the side, leaving aside many experienced bowlers (Rassel, Tapash, Farhad etc etc)
Old June 9, 2008, 02:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

He looked just okay.

I never liked the idea of giving him the chance so early in this age. He's not ready.

I would like to see Nazmul Hossain in place Dollar. Nazmul is more quicker and has improved a lot after getting dropped 2/3 yrs before. He's taking wickets consistenly in every tournaments.
Old June 9, 2008, 03:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

He has an excellent bowling action, is accurate and has the ability to swing the ball both ways in a variety of conditions. Alongside Mohammad Shazada and the rejuvinated NH Milon, he can be pretty handy with the bat as well, especially lower down the order.

This was his debut and we're nowhere near seeing the best of him yet. He's still young and will generate more pace in time, Inshallah. Until he does, he's a pretty good ODI prospect IMO.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 9, 2008, 03:19 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Bad impression in debut match is good for BD players. Else they become superstar Tendu or Lee on the first match.
Old June 9, 2008, 03:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

what sort of pace range was he bowling at? farhad is no good as a bowler. we need shakib back. mahmudullah riyad was very good again
Old June 9, 2008, 03:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

The few overs I saw him bowling, I am quite impressed. He has very good inswingers that I did not see from any other BD bowler so far. He was beating Yusuf regularly because of his swing. I am nor sure, if he can produce outswingers as well. If yes, then he can be developed as a very good bowler.

I don't care about pace. Mashrafee and Shahadat, bowling at 126-128 K are not faster than him. Mashrafee succeeds because of his control over the length and Shahadat fails because of losing the control. So, having good control and ability to swing the ball in all sort of pitches can make him a good pacer.

To be a test bowler, he needs to have the ability of bowling good bouncers. Pace plays a role here. With the pace of our bowlers, the bouncers need a very good line, so that the batsman does not get any room to capitalize on it.

I was surprised that Ashfool did not use him more than those 4 overs. I am pretty sick of seeing the overrated BD spinners. Three spinners bowling their full quotas will never produce good pace bowlers.
Old June 9, 2008, 04:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Dollar is slower than Farhad and Sajed? Really? He bowled at 133 yesterday surely thats faster than Farhad and Sajed? Anyway everytime he pitched the ball up he looked like getting a wicket. He looks OK with a bit more of nurturing he may be handy for us in the future but now Rasel should be our third pacer when he returns
Old June 9, 2008, 04:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i was quite impressed by him.quality pak batsmen were struggling against him and yea as mentioned earlier,hes still pretty young so pace cholei ashbe Inshallah.off topic:ven i saw sth really wrong with the opening page of bc like foozy.even i loved it as it was before.
Old June 9, 2008, 04:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

I think 1st impressions was pretty good line and length wise and his pace hit the 85mph mark but consistantly bowled around 80mph. If the managemnt are patient with him, especially the bowling coaches and allow him to grow as he is only 19 and get him to work on his back and bulk up a little, he could be touching high 80's in a couple years. For now, he should just focus on finding those areas and keep bowling the exact same lines offering subtle variation when he can.

My friend at uni played against him in Kolkata, and said he was a very good prospect and was very pacey and definetley one for the future.
Old June 9, 2008, 09:21 AM
Cricket Guru

"Dollar is not impressive any more" ..."Dollar has no good value in international standard"..."Let's go for Dinar" or "Dirahms"...I will expect more parents from now on to name their kids as Dinar or Dirhams or Even Euro to get the first impression.
Old June 9, 2008, 09:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Does it matter ? Why wasting our time evalute him?

Because beforte you can blink your eyes, he will be termed as no good dumped for no obviuos reason by the selectors.

Giving him chance to grow and show his merit? Too bad....don;t look for logic from these buch of selectors.... see their thrend... see how they slected that spinner ( recommended by Rafiq) and dumped him, that bowler for one series and then they dumped him.... they selected Dhiman and then dumped him.... they kind of dumped Farhad.....See the thrend .....

its obvious that they will dump Dollar after this series, whether he shows some promise or not.... it doesn;t matter.
Old June 9, 2008, 10:28 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoilaheez
what sort of pace range was he bowling at? farhad is no good as a bowler. we need shakib back. mahmudullah riyad was very good again
mahmudullah riyad was very good again? In batting or bowling?
Old June 9, 2008, 10:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

my first impression was pretty goos with the ball.. he was bowling quite well.. experienced paki batsman like yousuf were struggling against him.. i just hope his talent will not be wasted..
Old June 9, 2008, 12:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
Dollar is slower than Farhad and Sajed? Really? He bowled at 133 yesterday surely thats faster than Farhad and Sajed?
If I remember correctly, Farhad and Sajid were regularly hitting 135 KPH during NZ tour, whereas Dollar had reached 133 KPH only once or twice yesterday.
Old June 9, 2008, 12:28 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

Dollar was given a chance in the ODI too early in his career. He needs more time to improve his bowling and Farhad is better choice than Dollar who can bat as well.
Old June 9, 2008, 02:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
He looked just okay.

I never liked the idea of giving him the chance so early in this age. He's not ready.

I would like to see Nazmul Hossain in place Dollar. Nazmul is more quicker and has improved a lot after getting dropped 2/3 yrs before. He's taking wickets consistenly in every tournaments.
i never agreed to add a new player every series.... it doesn't make any sense!

over the last 6 months alone we have included more players than(lack of analogy )
Old June 9, 2008, 04:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

does anyone have any clips of this kid. didn't do too bad in his first match.