facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 31, 2012, 11:37 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Well that's a different story. When Durjoy was in U19, we had guys like Rokon, Opi, etc., who were overage by clearly visible margins, in the team. But some of our more recent successes in the age groups are more indicative of the failure of our system in the transition of players from the U-19 to the national level.
Very good point, ATMR. This failure is greater than that of our national team failure.

The BCB think tank is not effective in sorting out the reasons/causes of this transitional failure and fixing them in last ten years. They are not so much competent, at least, in this regard.

Last edited by FagunerAgun; January 31, 2012 at 12:12 PM..

Old January 31, 2012, 01:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

we won!!! yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Old January 31, 2012, 05:28 PM
Banned

Sarkar helps Bangladesh Under-19s seal series.

Bangladesh Under-19s took an unassailable 4-2 lead in their seven-match one-day series against England Under-19s, beating them by six wickets in Sylhet. The hosts took just 42.5 overs to chase England's total of 206 thanks to an aggressive 86 from Soumya Sarkar, the highest score by a Bangladesh batsman in the series so far. Sarkar dominated a 97-run partnership for the second wicket with Salman Hossain that put the chase on track. He was dismissed in the 33rd over, but Mosaddek Hossain ensured there were no hiccups with a 40-ball 51.

England's 206 had been their highest total batting first in the series, but they would have disappointed with it after a positive start. Daniel Bell-Drummond, the leading run-getter in the series, scored a brisk 51 and had got England to 92 for 1 in the 23rd over before he was dismissed. A flurry of wickets followed and England were soon 101 for 5. The run-rate slowed and though England managed to bat out the 50 overs, the lack of wickets in hand meant it was hard for them to pick up the pace.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/551674.html
Old January 31, 2012, 07:14 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Excellent work. I hope BCB is also looking to schedule tours of our U19 to UK or to other countries so that our boys can also experience alien pitches in their 'formative' years and test their mettle against rivals in their own conditions.
Old January 31, 2012, 07:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Well done boys..Keep it up. Bring England's national team now

We should invite a sub continent team's A and U19 team to see the real strength of these boys. England is a good team but they have a history to suffer against spin and in sub continent.
Totally agree with this. For home games I would prefer to play India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, as they would be very tough games. For away tours I would prefer them to play in England, Australia, SA etc so our youngsters can get a taste of these conditions.
Old January 31, 2012, 08:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden
Totally agree with this. For home games I would prefer to play India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, as they would be very tough games. For away tours I would prefer them to play in England, Australia, SA etc so our youngsters can get a taste of these conditions.
They should play in our condition as well for more learning of our lads.
Old January 31, 2012, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zobair
Excellent work. I hope BCB is also looking to schedule tours of our U19 to UK or to other countries so that our boys can also experience alien pitches in their 'formative' years and test their mettle against rivals in their own conditions.
I don't like our boys visit UK first because all the curry houses and BD community hoopla destroy the focus of our boys. They should visit SA, Aus, NZ and then UK.
Old January 31, 2012, 09:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Well that's a different story. When Durjoy was in U19, we had guys like Rokon, Opi, etc., who were overage by clearly visible margins, in the team. But some of our more recent successes in the age groups are more indicative of the failure of our system in the transition of players from the U-19 to the national level.
One Solution i think is to organize more A team Tours: (aside from improving the domestic infrastructure) We should consistently keep our Academy and A team players busy and "in touch"...this will ensure that they will consistently get exposed/challenged to better prepare themselves for international cricket.

We draft our players too quickly without completing the challenge, the challenge is to perform against a variety of oppositions in a variety of conditions. a true Classy batsmen can perform well in sticky pitches, in hard pitches in any pitches in any condition. What i am saying is that they should perform well in the A team/Academy circuit for over two seasons(by then you would have played a variety of opponents). of course, it is not really the board's fault or anybody's fault for having too many young players debuting in their teens simply because the senior players who were replaced, for the lack of a better word. sucked! and the pressure of the fans, and themselves, international cricket got the better of them.
Old January 31, 2012, 10:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
One Solution i think is to organize more A team Tours: (aside from improving the domestic infrastructure) We should consistently keep our Academy and A team players busy and "in touch"...this will ensure that they will consistently get exposed/challenged to better prepare themselves for international cricket.

We draft our players too quickly without completing the challenge, the challenge is to perform against a variety of oppositions in a variety of conditions. a true Classy batsmen can perform well in sticky pitches, in hard pitches in any pitches in any condition. What i am saying is that they should perform well in the A team/Academy circuit for over two seasons(by then you would have played a variety of opponents). of course, it is not really the board's fault or anybody's fault for having too many young players debuting in their teens simply because the senior players who were replaced, for the lack of a better word. sucked! and the pressure of the fans, and themselves, international cricket got the better of them.
Your idea is a good one but BCB process is seemingly wrong. Most of the A team players from the national team who lost their performance. Alok Kapali, T Zobair, R Saleh, Aftab, Taposh Baishya and others. How much we got from these oldies. Nothing that significant.

Instead, the BCB could have drafted some young, talented and emerging players for the A team from our U 19, which, in turn, could have been more productive for our cricket.
Old February 1, 2012, 02:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

As others said, we have failed miserably to translate age level success to national team success, and this is entirely due to our poor handling of players and lack of opportunities for players to shine. A problem exhibited by many african football teams, who beat Argentina/Brazil at U17/19 level with ease but are nowhere near the top when it comes to main team.

We could follow a strategy followed by many african football teams, we can send our most potential 15 players to play abroad, play at a higher level and get fitter for international cricket. Specially when the A team has no games, the players in or around the A team must be sent to minor counties, Australian grade cricket, South African club cricket to make them used to high quality cricket.
Old February 1, 2012, 10:59 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Brain cells kaj kortase na? National team player'ra jokhon U-19 chilo the result was even better. White wash'er por white wash.

Infra structure'a problem. Nurturing hochhe na. Pitches, curators, coaches, umpires, BCB decision making, shob kisu'tey problem.
Once Loitta leaves, I hope SHC is brought back. We need a visionary to fully develop the capability of our young players. Money is not the issue, because BCB has ample money.