facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Closed Thread

Old June 30, 2004, 08:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default An appeal: Please stop hypocrisy

Please stop hypocrisy.
I am sorry to notice a member to appear with two identities in the board. Sometimes as a Super moderator (the best ever I can even imagine) and sometimes as a member only (no comment about his writting as a member) as appear in his signature, " Speaking as a member only".

I could be happy if the super moderator could really maintain both of his identities. But it has NOT been the case. I reported earlier about the two-facedness in the other threads. The problem is while the poster writes as a member only as he claims, he cannot really speak as a member only.

I respect members and do not want to see such hypocrisy in the board. Please stop it. PLzzzzz.

Before end let me provide one example and a note.

Example:
Please check Live Audio & Video: Ban vs WI and read the posts with IDs, 60720 and 60721. OK I quote those here.

Quote:
Originally posted by abhs
Would you please correct the link of Live Audio & Video: Ban vs WI in the front page?

The link is currently wrong as it takes to the Shoaib and All Others Warned.

The thread id has been typed as 5385 instead of 5387, which caused the problem.

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Good catch. Thanks a lot. Corrected.
Here is the signature:

Quote:
Speaking as a member only ..
Surprise! Surprise! While speaking as a member only, one can even edit the the front page link of banglacricket. I envy you!

The list can be made longer with other examples. But this one would suffice.

Note:

I am criticizing only the member here. Please do not consider it as a criticism of the super moderator. I do not have that courage to speaak against a super moderator only since I do not want to keep myself away from my most favorite site. But his dual identity has prompted me to write.

[Edited on 30-6-2004 by abhs]

Old June 30, 2004, 08:43 AM
Cricket Legend

abhs,

that is very nearly a personal attack. Are you calling someone here a hypocrite? Please cut out all this private investigation, and NOW. If you need to talk aboutit, do it first and foremost, thru U2U, please.

[Edited on 30-6-2004 by oracle]
Old June 30, 2004, 08:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

I have edited your quoted portion as well as the part where the name appears . It is not my intention to attack personally while I believe what I wrote is true.

Please, delete the necessary parts from your quote too.
Old June 30, 2004, 10:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

ok, just checked the bangla meaning of hypocrisy/hypocrite. Ihar khati bangla ortho hoilo jothakromey "Bhondami" ebong "Bhondo"

Now abhs bhai, look deep down your heart, ask your conscience and tell us if this "bhondo" allegation is way too much for a super moderator who, by all means, devoted his precious time to make this site more worth. Nobody asked him to do so...nobody pointed a gun and forced him to spend his priceless time and energy to enrich this site. He simply did it out of love for Bangladesh cricket, and out of love for us, the die hard fans.

No matter how valid your allegation about this perticular super moderator, you should have thought twice before calling someone a BHONDO.

An open apology from your side is appreciable. Meanwhile you can solve whatever problem you have with a perticular member thru U2U. Please consider my plead on behalf of all the members. Thank you.
Old June 30, 2004, 11:45 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

abhs! I am not sure how to respond to you. But in the spirit of this site and forum I will keep it civil. You really need to take a break from this site. Get outdoors. Take in fresh air, and then come back. If you still have a chronic urge to irritate people then I believe the problem is more serious, and you should go see a shrink.
Old June 30, 2004, 11:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Default Is it the heat?

what's up with alll these topics of late? abhs brother, please go read a book man if you have absolutely nothing to do. And always try to use the right part of the brain...

This is just a messageboard.. PUBLIC!

jhaihok... laters man...

P.S. agree with poms...

[Edited on 30-6-2004 by Orpheus]
Old June 30, 2004, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Let's work on some definitions.

Let's create a term "Web Editor"

Moderator - Someone who has the authority to moderate forum postings.

Web Editor - A person who has some authority/privilege to create/edit BanglaCricket web content.

One does NOT imply the other.

One can be a moderator and NOT have the authority to modify web content.

Once can be a "Web Editor" and NOT have the authority to moderate a forum.

A "plain member" may be given rights to modify web content - ie he/she is an Web Editor.

A person can be assigned both roles.
A person can be assigned neither roles.

It is really this simple.

So what in the world are you, Abhs, going on about? How did the synaptic neurons fire to conclude that a plain vanilla member cannot have the authority to edit front page content?

Zunaid, speaking "hypocritically" as a member only
Old June 30, 2004, 12:20 PM
Banned

Another trademark non-issue. Khamakha shob jaigai pani ghola koira beraitechen abhs miah. What is it that you REALLY want? Why don't you just speak up and say it, instead of inventing issues out of NOTHING? How do you manage so much time to do this? What is the goal here? Are we all so unhappy with policies, moderators, super moderators and their actions. No, not at all. You don't seem to be having any fun, so, why not give up, eh?
Old June 30, 2004, 01:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Abhs my friend; it seems to me that you are really depressed! I know you have been spending quite amount of time in this board. You are definitely doing some good stuff by bringing those nice pictures quite often. So, all I am saying it’s time to take a little break at least a week or so from this site. In the mean time, give me your mailing address so I can send you couple of doses of Zoloft. I am telling you this stuff is great. I think no one deserve it more than you.
Closed Thread