facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 12, 2016, 10:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Default Waiting for excuses, the Bangladeshi way

Throughout our cricketing history we are never short of making excuses. This is what I said before the England series

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
When we play England and play badly, the excuses are gonna start flowing like an avalance...
- We didn't have many games this season so we are lacking match practice
- We only played 4 tests last year so we can't do well
- We played T20s last year so we can't do well in tests/ODIs.

It's just going to flow like there is no tomorrow, watch and see!
It came true obviously. I can cite so many interviews from the Bangladeshi players who are persistent in their views about no cricket being played, how they are rusty and how many excuses they can come up with.

When they are travelling to NZ everyone is coming up with the other set. That they don't have much experience in that weather and condition. My god it frustrates the hell outta me. We toured NZ in 2010, we went there last year for the WC. How much more can you expect? We are in Sydney before the tour starts and doing a camp in Australia. Btw, in Summer the weather in NZ is SAME if not better than Bangladesh. It is perfect for playing cricket. You must be a real wuss to not adapt there. Not only the weather or the "condition" (the favourite word for the players nowadays) the pitch is perfect for our team. It is bouncy but not like Perth, but swings but only in the first few overs, and the boundary is short which again is perfect for the batsmen who scores sixes in the bigger grounds back at home.

What excuse do you really have? The only excuse if we lose is that we are not better than them. We suck adjusting, and we suck at giving excuses. The only good thing some of these cricketers are good at is taking selfie and thinking this is a tour for sight seeing and wondering around. No damn it, this is a very important tour in preparation to the champions trophy, and establishing Bangladesh as a test playing country. The players need to take this tour very very seriously and stop taking selfies and really stop giving excuses. This is the best time and the best conditions that would suit them if they go in positively and not look for ways out.

Old December 12, 2016, 11:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Our batsmen should enjoy the bounce, only thing they would find themselves struggling with is the swing.
Old December 13, 2016, 12:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Our batsmen should enjoy the bounce, only thing they would find themselves struggling with is the swing.
Yes, they should also enjoy, the scenery, the beaches, the brothels and clubs,
No, they should stop enjoying stuff so much, and play cricket.... To win
Old December 13, 2016, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Throughout our cricketing history we are never short of making excuses. This is what I said before the England series

It came true obviously. I can cite so many interviews from the Bangladeshi players who are persistent in their views about no cricket being played, how they are rusty and how many excuses they can come up with.

When they are travelling to NZ everyone is coming up with the other set. That they don't have much experience in that weather and condition. My god it frustrates the hell outta me. We toured NZ in 2010, we went there last year for the WC. How much more can you expect? We are in Sydney before the tour starts and doing a camp in Australia. Btw, in Summer the weather in NZ is SAME if not better than Bangladesh. It is perfect for playing cricket. You must be a real wuss to not adapt there. Not only the weather or the "condition" (the favourite word for the players nowadays) the pitch is perfect for our team. It is bouncy but not like Perth, but swings but only in the first few overs, and the boundary is short which again is perfect for the batsmen who scores sixes in the bigger grounds back at home.

What excuse do you really have? The only excuse if we lose is that we are not better than them. We suck adjusting, and we suck at giving excuses. The only good thing some of these cricketers are good at is taking selfie and thinking this is a tour for sight seeing and wondering around. No damn it, this is a very important tour in preparation to the champions trophy, and establishing Bangladesh as a test playing country. The players need to take this tour very very seriously and stop taking selfies and really stop giving excuses. This is the best time and the best conditions that would suit them if they go in positively and not look for ways out.
We have played in New Zealand last in 2010 I believe except two games in last WC, no?
Thus, it is an alien condition for them and might take time to get used to it.

I don't see why the fuss about taking selfie?? They have their working hours and leisure time as well. They can do anything they want making sure they don't break any (BCB) code of conduct - that's it.

Quote:

When we play England and play badly, the excuses are gonna start flowing like an avalance...
- We didn't have many games this season so we are lacking match practice
- We only played 4 tests last year so we can't do well
- We played T20s last year so we can't do well in tests/ODIs.

It's just going to flow like there is no tomorrow, watch and see!
^^^ these were all valid reasons IMHO. If it is true/valid, how come they could be used as excuses??
Old December 13, 2016, 01:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

I thought we were submitting the excuses we expect them to give. I expect BD to do well but I definitely expect to hear the

"Tests to BPL and then to ODI made it difficult to perform to our fullest potential"

Honestly, wouldn't be surprised if BD win the limited overs series. NZ arent that good these days IMHO
Old December 13, 2016, 02:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

rakhen miya, excuse dibo Kiwi ra.
Old December 13, 2016, 06:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
We have played in New Zealand last in 2010 I believe except two games in last WC, no?
Thus, it is an alien condition for them and might take time to get used to it.

I don't see why the fuss about taking selfie?? They have their working hours and leisure time as well. They can do anything they want making sure they don't break any (BCB) code of conduct - that's it.

^^^ these were all valid reasons IMHO. If it is true/valid, how come they could be used as excuses??
You think they are valid excuses???
First of all, we were playing at home, we should have won the series against England. It was not the case of being rusty, we played DPL just before that and Afghanistan just before that and yet you find the players, specially the weak minded giving excuses after excuses, we lost because we had weak links in our squad and even with one player not contributing it is impossible to win in international cricket, look back at our squad, we probably had 2/3 players who were redundant. If we are stuck with that mentality I can assure you we will never win abroad, we will never have a good consistent track record at home, we will just not be good enough. To a degree Tests can be justified, not performing in tests I mean but not ODIs and T20s.

In Summer, the condition in NZ is perfect for cricket. There is no ifs and buts, if we lose we suck. Don't come up with excuses, we just did not apply ourselves and did not do enough to win. NZ team is at their weakest with major players retiring, out of form or not even playing. NZ will prepare a batting track for the 26th game because it is a boxing day match and people will want a full match not a curtailed one with competitive scoring. And boxing day matches are a HUGEEE deal in NZ. This match will be watched by EVERYONE and they will want to enjoy this match. You have no idea how big this is on a NZ calendar, in a way I feel proud as a Bangladeshi to know we are playing on this day.

Honestly, if they win I wouldn't care about their selfies. But having read their interviews before it feels like they are on a holiday. When you represent Bangladesh you ARE NOT on a holiday. When you go to play a match for the country, I refuse to believe they have one second to waste. Sure, you can go back to the country and go do a naked run for all I care and also during matches to refresh yourselves, but not before matches. The team always finds ways to do sight seeing before winning anything or making a difference.

And we that condition is alien to us? In what ways exactly? Do you mean temperature wise? Well, the temperature at Christchurch during the day will be 23-26 deg. That's why I keep saying this is the PERFECT condition for us. It can't get better than this, this is Summer in NZ. We should have NO PROBLEMS adjusting to this ALIEN Condition. AND the first two matches are day matches, it will be equal for both the teams. Only difference will be in terms of skills, which I believe Bangladeshis have in order to win these 2 matches. But wait, we will come up that excuse again when we lose.
Old December 14, 2016, 09:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Surely cricket has changed and so have the fans.

Cricket use to be slow. Teams use to play 3/4 games with local sides before playing test cricket to adjust with the condition. Nowadays, 2 practice games is like "omoboshhar chad". Then cricket evolved. Onedayers were introduced. Changing from one format to another was a BIG BIG BIG deal (excuse).

After few years only handful of players could adapt the switch fast enough.

More changes came to cricket. Travel time was cut short. practice matches almost disappeared. Ab-jab ura-dhura andha-gunda bat ghuran became cricket. #facepalm. The word patience is getting obsolete. Thus this thread.
Old December 15, 2016, 01:39 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Time has change and you have gotten old. And that's the story. You sound so 2007!