facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 29, 2009, 11:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Default PCB chief's wish irks BCB

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=107607

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) yesterday reacted sharply to Pakistan cricket chief's desire to host the 2014 World Twenty20, the event that has already been awarded to Bangladesh by the game's governing body, the International Cricket Council.

"It's really funny because this event has already been given to Bangladesh. Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) bid for the meet and got the right way back in 2006. I think the Pakistan cricket chief was unaware about the fact," responded Jalal Yunus, BCB's director and media committee chairman.

"We are really surprised by the comments of Pakistan cricket chief," he added.

Speaking to South Africa's English-language newspaper the News in Johannesburg, Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Ijaz Butt said that they would bid to host the 2014 World Twenty20 Championship and vowed to revive international cricket in the troubled nation.

Old September 29, 2009, 11:56 AM
Cricket Guru

From New Age -

Quote:
BCB officials said the acting chief executive officer Nizamuddin Chowdhury will be asked to raise the issue to his Pakistan counterpart in the ICC chief executive officers meeting scheduled to be held in Johannesburg on October 1.

Chowdhury left Dhaka on Tuesday to attend the meeting which will finalise the Future Tour Programme of the post-2012 period.

This is not for the first time the hot-headed PCB chief have caused embarrassment for the BCB officials since he replaced Nasim Ashraf in October 2008.

The former cricketer-turned-administrator allegedly exchanged words with BCB’s senior vice-president Mahbub Anam during an ICC meeting in June in England while debating Pakistan’s status as the host of World Cup 2011.

Bangladesh postponed a five-match one-day series against Pakistan at home in March following the February 25-26 rebellion at the Bangladesh Rifles headquarters, but Butt did not took the decision in a good spirit and in retaliation cancelled a tour of Pakistan under-19 team scheduled in October citing concern over security.
Old September 29, 2009, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Let's go Nizam, let's kick some Butt.
Old September 29, 2009, 12:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Ijaj "Beavis" Butt head.
Old September 29, 2009, 01:06 PM
Cricket Sage

If the tournament is already awarded to Bangladesh, then why bother butt-heading with PCB?

Let them still devote their time & energy to lost cause and then evetually at some point they will figure it out that the tournament is already awarded. In the mean time they may also miss the next (2018) opportunity to host the world cup.
Old September 29, 2009, 01:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
If the tournament is already awarded to Bangladesh, then why bother butt-heading with PCB?

Let them still devote their time & energy to lost cause and then evetually at some point they will figure it out that the tournament is already awarded. In the mean time they may also miss the next (2018) opportunity to host the world cup.
Exactly!! Moronic steps shouldn't be finger pointed. I would love to see Butt (not literally) on his reaction when his own cronies or ICC give him the BIG news.
Old September 29, 2009, 01:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Chera kathai shue lakh takar sopno pcb er.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old September 29, 2009, 01:28 PM
Banned

I want to build my personal toilet at the Karachi Polo ground. I like it. Its big, green and nice. I want a window facing the ocean.... aah.....
Old September 29, 2009, 03:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

Quote:

exactly...if they wanna waste their tym n energy in a lost cause ...let them.......esp seein as they nothin much to do atm....
Old September 29, 2009, 03:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

clearly he was unawares since he believes the bidding is yet to happen.

much ado about nothing.

i am more interested in the 5 game ODI series that we're sposed host with them, when will it be. surely Pak's schedule is not that busy.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 29, 2009, 04:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan

much ado about nothing.

i am more interested in the 5 game ODI series that we're sposed host with them, when will it be. surely Pak's schedule is not that busy.
Nov they will play NZ at Dubai ODIs and T20. Then they fly to NZ for test. They from there they go to Australia for three test. Pretty busy. They we start our program with Eng and Ind. May be after some time when we come back from England. Then again it would be rainy season here.
Old September 29, 2009, 06:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

much ado about nothing.

Would you mind explaining how you can be so sure???
Old September 29, 2009, 06:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Al Furqaan: I think after we canceled, they actually wanted our team to visit Pakistan instead. They wanted to demonstrate that it was completely safe for international teams to visit the country.

Well, either that, or the Al-Quaeda cadre have graduated from decoy shooting and now in need of live targets....
Old September 30, 2009, 12:36 AM
Test Cricketer

If he has really forgotten then..... What an idiot...he shouldn't be a director to ICC rather taking help from shrinks for loss of memory

If he hasn't forgotten.......then it reminds me of people in gulistan "paye para dia koy dhakka marli kan?", the intention is to create trouble; the guy should be sent to elimentary school for learning some manners.

On a lighter note: " Lets kick butt of our friend ijaz from pak"
Old September 30, 2009, 02:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Matha Noshto.
Old September 30, 2009, 02:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

I think Butt was simply not aware about the bid has already done and Bangladesh got it. Though Between him and BCB there is some sort of problem was going previously. Which has to be minimized for the sec of our cricket.

I don't think we are in a position to make quarrel with friendly boards where frequently our overseas test series are concerning hosts on their financial losses.
Old September 30, 2009, 06:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:

A wise man once said,"Don't stop your enemy while they are making mistakes." Your idea rocks.
Old September 30, 2009, 07:06 AM
Club Cricketer

now this guys gona be the butt of all jokes
Old September 30, 2009, 07:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:

ditto
Old September 30, 2009, 11:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Unaware?? What utter non-sense! How can you be the chief of any cricket board and not be aware of one of the ICC mandated tournaments? Oh, he is aware of it, but said it anyway. Some of us are eager to exonerate him, and not only that, we are actually blaming Jalal for picking a fight. I thought Jalal's quotes were civil and he actually gives Butt the benefit of the doubt, which he doesn't deserve. I am yet to see Butt correcting himself. No statements from him admitting he wasn't aware. He surely must know by now. Incompetence is not a crime, neither an honest mistake, but front stabbing punks need no mercy, nor sympathy.
Old September 30, 2009, 12:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Easy people. It's all lack of awarenes......but if it's not? then, wait for me for a minute; let me get my basher latthi......................yeap, im ready; let's go and kick some Butt.
Old September 30, 2009, 12:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Unaware?? What utter non-sense! How can you be the chief of any cricket board and not be aware of one of the ICC mandated tournaments? Oh, he is aware of it, but said it anyway. Some of us are eager to exonerate him, and not only that, we are actually blaming Jalal for picking a fight. I thought Jalal's quotes were civil and he actually gives Butt the benefit of the doubt, which he doesn't deserve. I am yet to see Butt correcting himself. No statements from him admitting he wasn't aware. He surely must know by now. Incompetence is not a crime, neither an honest mistake, but front stabbing punks need no mercy, nor sympathy.
Old September 30, 2009, 07:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Would you mind explaining how you can be so sure???
my last reply got deleted, so i'll try again.

first of all, i don't like your tone, and i am telling you to check that junk at the door before you hit "submit".

secondly, based on the quoted source, it can be directly inferred that ijaz butt beleives the bidding is yet to be take place. now if this is just a clever word play on his part, i don't know, and frankly, unless you are a mind reader, you don't know either. ijaz butt has proven himself to not being the wisest man at the ICC, so we don't know what he's thinking one way or the other. so instead of taking out your misbegotten "islamic unity" grudge on me every time the letters PCB and my nick come up on a thread, you'd do better to educate yourself on something useful. if you want, i can take you to school on the issue of brotherhood in islam.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 30, 2009, 08:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
my last reply got deleted, so i'll try again.

first of all, i don't like your tone, and i am telling you to check that junk at the door before you hit "submit".

secondly, based on the quoted source, it can be directly inferred that ijaz butt beleives the bidding is yet to be take place. now if this is just a clever word play on his part, i don't know, and frankly, unless you are a mind reader, you don't know either. ijaz butt has proven himself to not being the wisest man at the ICC, so we don't know what he's thinking one way or the other. so instead of taking out your misbegotten "islamic unity" grudge on me every time the letters PCB and my nick come up on a thread, you'd do better to educate yourself on something useful. if you want, i can take you to school on the issue of brotherhood in islam.

dude..are u high?
The bolded part would have sufficed although i am not sure how u inferred it...
May be instead of going abt your mindless rant against me, you are better served asking yourself was it logical to call off the bangladesh series in the first place and also is it just a coincidence that he wants to host the t20 WC the same time as Bangladesh does knowing his antics against bangladesh....
Lastly abt schooling....I am happy to extend my brotherhood to everyone irrespective of race or religion ( I thought we both understood that)...
now chill....
Old September 30, 2009, 08:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
dude..are u high?
The bolded part would have sufficed although i am not sure how u inferred it...
May be instead of going abt your mindless rant against me, you are better served asking yourself was it logical to call off the bangladesh series in the first place and also is it just a coincidence that he wants to host the t20 WC the same time as Bangladesh does knowing his antics against bangladesh....
Lastly abt schooling....I am happy to extend my brotherhood to everyone irrespective of race or religion ( I thought we both understood that)...
now chill....
obviously the bolded part did not suffice the first time around, that coupled with your aggressive tone led to the "mindless rant".

#OneTeam1Dream