facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 19, 2013, 07:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Default Sri Lanka's Next Generation Batsman and Strike Rate

So i was just looking over the scorecard of the ongoing match between SL A and NZ A and i found it interesting that 3 of the top 7 have FC strike rates of 80+ (kusal, vithanage, chaturanga de silva), 2 others are 70+ (chandimal, ashan priyanjan), dimuth karunaratne has a 60+ strike rate and kaushal silva hasn't got an FC strike rate listed. these guys are all 25 or younger except for K.Silva.

i guess sanath jayasuriya had a major impact on these guys, but still i find it strange, it's rare to get a player to score so quickly but sri lanka are full of up and coming batsman that are scoring much faster than the norm. even outside of this A team there is shehan jayasuriya and angelo perera who's FC strike rates are over 75.

it's one thing if they had a high strike rate but were inconsistent, but these guys average very well whilst doing so (lowest is 35 then 38 but the rest are between 42-57). of course it's one thing doing it in domestic cricket and another being able to translate that to test cricket but if they can manage it then in a few years they will have a team full of dhawan's and sehwag's and that would be a scary proposition for opposing teams.