facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 27, 2016, 02:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
For Test :
Need a strong character, not just leadership but strong mindset right or wrong focused on business. Shakib is one of that kind who always shows hungriness for being in wining side. He has the role of leading the bowling and bowling a bulk in a test innings, and batting wise one of the top contributor as well. So, it would be a fair deal to hanover the TEST captaincy to Shakib and Mullah being VC.

On the other hand, Mullah being soft character, a team boy, not sure how he would be effective to bundle up the boys in 5 day affair, with so many ups and downs inbetween, and most importantly out of the box thinking on the field in crucial moment.

For LOI :
No harm having a strong character, however, role and responsibility of everyone in the team is more precise, and everyone must have to perform according to the role to win consistent, meaning more of a team game affair rather than a strong leadership showdown. Mullah with his all the cricketing capabilities, likes to play within the role, likes to carry on the workload been assigned, thus seems more suitable as a LOI captain, whie Shakib being deputy to help the team as a most senior player, on and off teh field.

If we can go with this idea then these two [Shaib, Mullah] could also help covering each other in an unexpected absence of captain.
Great idea!

Old March 27, 2016, 03:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Signed. Thumbscanned. DNA tested.

Just take my vote.
Old March 27, 2016, 04:06 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Signed.

Go TIGERS GO...
Old March 27, 2016, 04:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

For me it will be:

-ODI - Mashrafe
-T20 - Shakib
-Test - Mahmudullah
Old March 27, 2016, 04:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
For me it will be:

-ODI - Mashrafe
-T20 - Shakib
-Test - Mahmudullah
yes that should be, on another note we should have different selections of players for different formats. mushy like some others should be considered on their merit of games where they really belongs.
Old March 27, 2016, 05:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

Let Mushy the captain for another year and let's see how things going under his captaincy.
Old March 27, 2016, 08:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinan
Let Mushy the captain for another year and let's see how things going under his captaincy.
No way. We don't afford that luxury.
Old March 27, 2016, 10:51 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash Lara Fizz Taskin TI

I'm all in with this. Remove the Dumb cry-baby wah-wah from the captaincy. My former club-captain would've been 10x better captain than mushy.

To be a Test captain you need: Character, Intelligence, Patience, Street-Smartness, Creativity, Strong Leadership, Rock-solid Determination, Ability of turning the generic Bengali emotion to a positive strength, Ability to prioritize Professionalism over Emotions. Now tell me does Mushy tick any of these attributes I mentioned? None-NADA-Zero. Maybe the selectors were inclined to give him captaincy on the first place for him being the best batsman of us. And also at that time they were left with none else but him to give the cap. But now we are in a situation where we have some options in hand, T20 team needs a new captain to be groomed as Mash's successor. Mash can be the captain of ODI for atleast 2/3 years, so we have more than enough time to groom a ODI captain under Mash. But the test team must go to a transition right now. No-more 1 seamer 2 spinner 8 batsman team from now on. With Mustafiz and Shahid, we need to bring Taskin slowly in to the test team. Spin department is good enough with Shakib, Taijul, Zubair. But in the batting lineup we need a solid quality proper all-round Batsman (think someone technically like Ashraful and temperament-wise like Steve Waugh). I know Sabbir is a T20 expert, but to me his technique is solid, almost Ashraful-level, If he can somehow transition his temperament to a test-batsman mind-set, he'll be a perfect 2-down Batting pivot. But to manage all this, we need a Test-captain, surely not like a block-head as Mushy. It comes down to Shakib and Mahmudullah. Now the test-captain attributes I mentioned, who ticks the most attributes between Iceman and Mojnu? I think Mojnu ticks more.
Old March 27, 2016, 12:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Quote:
Whaddddd
Old March 27, 2016, 01:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Wats more there to see?
Old March 27, 2016, 02:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Sure, if you want to see Mustafizur and Taskin be out with injury for the year.
Old March 28, 2016, 03:49 AM
Street Cricketer

My recommendation from an outsider's point of view is this.

Bangladesh is a side which traditionally has a core of young inexperienced players. To extract the best out of them, you need the opposite perhaps more than any other side. So the captain should be more mature and calm. When I look at Bangladesh I see exterior calmness in Tamim but not interior. I think he feels pressure and would crumble in it. Mushfiq is simply too over exhuburent and completely the wrong guy. Mahmadullah may be an option but are Bangladesh prepared to stick with him for a long period, even if there are failures?

Constantly changing is not going to do any good for Bangladesh, it doesn't do India or Pak any good and it doesn't do England do. In fact chopping and changing hurts every single side. So pick someone who you think is able to captain for the next 5/6 years, not someone who you're happy with at the moment.
Old March 28, 2016, 09:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingullu4
My recommendation from an outsider's point of view is this.

Bangladesh is a side which traditionally has a core of young inexperienced players. To extract the best out of them, you need the opposite perhaps more than any other side. So the captain should be more mature and calm. When I look at Bangladesh I see exterior calmness in Tamim but not interior. I think he feels pressure and would crumble in it. Mushfiq is simply too over exhuburent and completely the wrong guy. Mahmadullah may be an option but are Bangladesh prepared to stick with him for a long period, even if there are failures?

Constantly changing is not going to do any good for Bangladesh, it doesn't do India or Pak any good and it doesn't do England do. In fact chopping and changing hurts every single side. So pick someone who you think is able to captain for the next 5/6 years, not someone who you're happy with at the moment.
Mahmudullah Riyad is not overtly talented like Ashraful or Tendulkar but Bangladesh team management has been persisting with him for over almost 10 years(the fruits have started to pay off now), Thank God he has matured and developed into a full fledged well rounded cricketer tremendously. I think he has about 5-6 years of cricket left in him... under normal circumstances, I think he is the right man for the job.

Shakib al Hasan is a good tactician but many off field issues in the past does not make him the ideal choice for captain(excellent vice captain though).

some players have not matured(at least internally) into full fledged adults despite age due to excessive fame and money at such a young age...sorry if this comment is hurtful but i call it as i see it.
Old March 28, 2016, 10:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash Lara Fizz Taskin TI

^Your observation is in no way hurtful but rather spot on. Riyad has matured a lot and is the most senior among the seniors of our test team. 5-6 years is less than generally what a late-bloomer serves. I think 8-10 years still left of him. And as he's a late-bloomer, his peak is yet to come though he's almost there. I believe this day 2 years later he will be at his peak, as a batsman he'll reach the highest level. He already has the traits of a mature batsman, takes his time to settle in, starts with good defensive batting taking singles, never takes unnecessary risks, starts to play certain boundary-shots after he's well set, and also able to and shows the intent of going all-out attack if situation demands so. He's the one that brings stability to our middle-order. And on-field/off-field certainly he's captaincy material. Another supplementary quality of Riyad is fluency in English, which is an excellent trait for a captain.
Old March 28, 2016, 11:01 AM
Test Cricketer

I also think that Mahmudullah Riyad would make a better captain than Mushy.