facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 21, 2016, 01:49 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: where do i start from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
well i guess it came out of emotion.

BTW, i don't get your 2nd part. Not stuttering while talking in front of a room has more to do with one's charisma.
sorry bro, bad choise of words on my behalf... just ignore the second part..

Old March 21, 2016, 02:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightman
sorry bro, bad choise of words on my behalf... just ignore the second part..
in all seriousness, i am quite good with public speaking or teaching in a classroom

However, when was in my teens i had severe stage fright, couldn't speak even if my life depended upon it
Old March 21, 2016, 02:51 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: where do i start from?

Quote:
in all seriousness, i am quite good with public speaking or teaching in a classroom

However, when was in my teens i had severe stage fright, couldn't speak even if my life depended upon it
well me too.. i speak fluently generally, in any language i can speak, but i tend to stutter when there is a large audience, i am cornered, too angry and going for the kaitta lamu maira lamu part.. that stage fright is due to lack of confidence.. which leads to being afraid (related to cowardice for me )

any how, i am not a psychologist, mere acting like one thats why i asked you to ignore that

ps- just for amusement, i play guitar. mediocre when playing amongst friends.. but once i tried infront of friends and their friends (professional guitarists).. started with hands freezing, sweating, shaking.. ended with puke.. puked on the guitar the guitar was one of the band members.. &
there went my professional career..
good night
Old March 21, 2016, 02:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I think the soul of Manjarul from heaven is also shaking its head,
Old March 21, 2016, 02:58 PM
Test Cricketer

We Bengalis are too emotional...
If this was Australia than they would have managed the situation in a lot more professional way... by that i mean that the board would have worked with the ICC and the players would just treat the incident like a case of injury of a player....
Old March 21, 2016, 03:10 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

big fan of mash. absolutely love the man, but I kinda agree with MHRAM a true leader leads and motivates the team when its down. Mash is very emotional and emotion got the better of him. he can motivate the team after a tough loss we have all seen that but in this emotional state he is not that guy.
Old March 21, 2016, 03:11 PM
Cricket Savant

acha apnara shobai thanda houn.... dom nin ...lomba...e bar dhire charun..dheeeeeeeray

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 21, 2016, 03:22 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

You guys amaze me, really.
Old March 21, 2016, 03:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
You guys amaze me, really.
True. I am being amazed. Truely.
Old March 21, 2016, 10:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

i am amazed as well. well disgusted is a better description
Old March 21, 2016, 10:46 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
well i guess it came out of emotion...........
Then how are you different. Show your professionalism and stay calm and do not call names.
Old March 21, 2016, 10:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

C'mon baby light my fire...

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%AB%E0%A6%BF

Old March 22, 2016, 01:21 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
We Bengalis are too emotional...
If this was Australia than they would have managed the situation in a lot more professional way... by that i mean that the board would have worked with the ICC and the players would just treat the incident like a case of injury of a player....
Except it would've never happened with Australia in the first place. And by any freakish chance if Australia was in this position (after failed test), oh mark my word..it's not the board who would work with ICC but ICC WOULD'VE RUSHED TO WORK WITH THE AUSTRALIAN BOARD TO RESOLVE ANY ISSUE ASAP. Such is the professionalism of the elite privileged group.
----

Of-course we Bengalis are too emotional. It doesn't make us any less of who we are. Please stop this kind of self-criticism. Who says there is only one way to lead a life/journey/country and so on. Why do we have to suffer in inferiority in all areas of our life. Why do we have to compare us with the west (i.e. Australia) as the measurement of the success? Why do we have to take the definition of "professionalism" from the west? My point is our values, our ways, our dedications, our intellectuals, our thought process, our skills everything is equal to or even better than the west.

East >= West.

Some examples are, with our shambolic domestic cricket structures and corruptions, we are still producing quality cricketers like Shakib, Tamim, Riyad, Mustafiz, and won consistently (in ODI) for the past year with what..yes, with a bucket full of passion and emotion. Can you imagine where Australia would have been with our situation, forget number 10, they would've been number 20 or something.

How about our country, the beautiful BANGLADESH? We broke ourselves free from the sub-continent and emerged as a new progressive nation. Our muktijuddo story is nothing less of a spectacular journey and led by another great bangali Sheikh Mujib. We became a proud independent nation..yes, with a bucked full of passion and emotion.

I have nothing against Australia or tonmoy.dhaka. Please don't take it personally bro. I'm just tired of our inferiority complexion issues in every aspect of our life as a Bangladeshi. I would like to see us overcome that and be forgiving to ourselves and be proud of who we are. Of-course corruptions, incompetency in a job, global learning (sharing and practicing knowledge from each other (east and west) for a better human life) is a different topic where all of us (east and west) can improve in those areas.

Bottom line is, ami hath diya vhat khamu r Australian ra kata-chamoch diya vhat khabe, to kar ki jai ashe? Koydin por dekha jabe, orao hath diye vhat kawa shuru koreche and it's better for the environment, thik na bujheekom dada?
Old March 22, 2016, 07:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by icricket
Except it would've never happened with Australia in the first place. And by any freakish chance if Australia was in this position (after failed test), oh mark my word..it's not the board who would work with ICC but ICC WOULD'VE RUSHED TO WORK WITH THE AUSTRALIAN BOARD TO RESOLVE ANY ISSUE ASAP. Such is the professionalism of the elite privileged group.
----

Of-course we Bengalis are too emotional. It doesn't make us any less of who we are. Please stop this kind of self-criticism. Who says there is only one way to lead a life/journey/country and so on. Why do we have to suffer in inferiority in all areas of our life. Why do we have to compare us with the west (i.e. Australia) as the measurement of the success? Why do we have to take the definition of "professionalism" from the west? My point is our values, our ways, our dedications, our intellectuals, our thought process, our skills everything is equal to or even better than the west.

East >= West.
This post, just up to this point, not even including the subsequent emotional drab, is a perfect example of why we never progress as a nation. I don't even know where to begin in correcting this.
Old March 22, 2016, 11:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by icricket
----
Bottom line is, ami hath diya vhat khamu r Australian ra kata-chamoch diya vhat khabe, to kar ki jai ashe? Koydin por dekha jabe, orao hath diye vhat kawa shuru koreche and it's better for the environment, thik na bujheekom dada?
I don't think it's about East or West, it's about professionalism. You can take China, their athletes along with their board/ committee is extremely professional and thus they get numerous medals at world events like Olympics..
Old March 22, 2016, 11:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Boyosher dosh....boyosh tou kon holo na...that is the excuse.
Old March 22, 2016, 11:25 PM
Cricket Legend

On the given topic, DS has a nice story about the difference between Shakib and Mashrafee.

http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/t...-world-1198378
Old March 22, 2016, 11:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Well that is why he got the 'IceMan' nickname
Old March 23, 2016, 12:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Well that is why he got the 'IceMan' nickname
Shakib can be compared with a military general who gets things done without caring about being popular. On the other hand , Mashrafee has all the potential to eventually become a politician or even minister in Bangladesh. Above all Mastafee is a media darling. For instance, His Abahoni club mate Arif Khan Joy was a football captain and later became a state minister in the current government.
Old March 26, 2016, 07:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

deflated performance yet again. Looked pumped against India

Now trying to score 70+