facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 9, 2011, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
I dont know what he was thinking or maybe his words didnt come out right.. He was the fighter who never gave up and was the reason we won against Pakistan in 99 world cup, how can he say such thing? I dont think he had any ill intentions but I would say, " চাচা, অফ যান, ঐ দিন কি আর আসে?"
One thing I loved about Sujon was in spite of his limited skills (as a bowler he was just a trundler and as a batsman he was ...), he gave his all in every match. He was a fighter. The poor man went through the same vilification by the fans near the end of his career as some in the team currently are - but he bravely soldiered on. So it was very jarring for me personally to have read this interview. Perhaps he was not able to articulate well what he really meant.

We do have to listen to whatever he says. He is not now just another fan. As an ex-captain, ex-coach and with his connections to the inner circle, he has tremendous influence on the team and the management. We fans do not.

Old March 9, 2011, 10:04 PM
Banned

lol shakibs comments hurt him? tell him to find some balls ! he can go around questioning the players' commitment, but when someone else voices their reaction hes hurt ?!?!?!? r u kidding me!?!?!?!? if u talk about someone, you will hear something bak. get used to it shujon !

n hes loser mentality is pathetic. losing a close game??? if we can lose a close game then why not go for the win? he obviously doesn't believe in the team !
Old March 9, 2011, 10:10 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Unfortunately he played in an era where they had no choice but to take a defeatist mentality and that was part of the reason why they never won any games. I'd like to think we are past that mode of thinking and we think about winning every game we play. If you go into a game thinking about "losing respectably", chances are you will lose. Whilst I understand his comments are geared towards earning the respect of the fans again, IMO the only way the team will earn the fans respect is by winning a game against Eng or Saffers and of course thump Netherland. The loss to WI was of such a magnitude that a respectable loss to both Eng or Saffers will not suffice... Sujon was a mediocre cricketer who played in a mediocre team. That is not a dig at him or the past teams because that's the best we could produce at the time. The current team is a league above the past teams and to revert to the past teams way of thinking would be a blemish on the game in this country and any progress it has made over the past 4 years... The current batch of players bring a refreshing approach to the game and the last thing we need is for guys like Sujon to infiltrate their minds with his negativity...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old March 9, 2011, 10:23 PM
Cricket Legend

We need to score big with the bat if we want to win. So putting up a fight with the bat comes first before we give the bowlers a chance to win. Even the wins against New Zealand and Zimbabwe came from below per totals. I want to see Bangladesh consistently reaching the 250+ mark with the bat. It is not about losing or winning, it is proving that we can bat.

If you heard Tamim's comment after the Ireland win, he was not jumping in joy with the win and we all know the reason.

Last edited by allrounder; March 9, 2011 at 10:33 PM..
Old March 10, 2011, 12:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
But Shakib also said its not a must win against WI. If that's not putu putu comment, what makes ChahCha's comment so putu putu? I am confused by your comment.

Shakib's comment was before the disaster, ChaCha's comment is after two batting failure. To me ChaCha's comment is less putu putu than Shakib's.

Moreover, Shakib has control to impact the end result as he is the captain and player; while Chahcha's opinion is just on opinion as a fan, basically close to no impact in the game. team management (coach/captian) is not obligated to listen to his advice.

btw I didn't criticized Shakib for his comments about WI game is not a mush win for us.
Fazal bhai,

we are what we are. there are no magic pills. chok-kaan muje just hope that we win. it is possible, highly unlikely but possible. no point in going after shakib, ashraful, whoever. they've been picked, they're going to play, might as well support them till after the Cup. as bad as 58 all out is, we're blowing things quite far out of proportion. we did after all score 283 against the pre-tournament favorites (and that was also not a great batting perforomance).

if we had the resources to make wholesale changes like India did in 2007, we would probably do so. but we don't. interesting times await nonetheless.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 10, 2011, 12:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I always believed that a win is a win, regardless of the margin and a loss is a loss, it doesn't matter if you lose by 10 wickets or by 1 run, it goes down as a loss.

The thought of a 'respectable' defeat indicates a defeatist attitude and perhaps tells us why we spent 4 win-less years in the 'old' days. We must play to win every single game, that is why when Shakib said "it's not a must win game", it hurt me a lot. I always thought Shakib is a guy who always looks to win.

One will say a loss after 58a/o is definitely worse than the one where we scored 283, i will agree. Nothing really makes up for 58a/o, but at the end of the day it was a loss and the margin merely makes a difference. Even if England scores 450 runs, I would like to see bangladesh make a go and be all out for 150 instead of playing for 'respectable defeat' and score 350 runs.

Play to win boys, play to win.
Old March 10, 2011, 12:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

some of you guys are over-reacting here.

None of the BD daylies reported anything like this. TOI is a trash like KalerKantho. Even the Indians don't believe anything from them.

May be he said something but TOI made up something else.
Old March 10, 2011, 02:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

I dont like any negative comment during the world cup.Whate ever you want to say say it after the tournament.This type of comment put more pressure on the team.Poor bangla politics.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition