facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 7, 2017, 01:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Default বিশ্বমানের হলেও টেস্ট খেলার মানসিকতা নেই - পাপন

I am kinda agree with him. Whats your view.

http://www.rtvonline.com/sports/8870...A7%87%E0%A6%87

Old February 7, 2017, 02:43 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Not the best comment to make right before the test match regardless of whether this is true or not.
Old February 7, 2017, 05:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

No more hide and seek. He is right.
Old February 7, 2017, 06:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

He is spot on, our players playing for too many years yet they never show any maturity or responsibility when it matter most.
Old February 7, 2017, 06:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I have seen more maturity amidst Afghanis than I have seen amidst our boys.

Our players, the seniors in particular are amidst the most immature players you would come across. Perhaps the worst part is how the spectacularly collapse when the pressure is on. Mushfiq, Riad, Tamim and Imrul to say the least.

These players are just good in patches. A few good performance here and there and they consider themselves world class. What we really need is players who are not going to be pleased with being "just good". Imagine the kind of resources pumped into Tamim, Riad, Mushy, Imrul. The hundreds and thousands of dollars to get coaches for them, the money spent on their training, the facilities, their travelling cost and hotel accommodation.

Unfortunately, they have the impression that they are owed all that. No they are not owed. They are mediocre cricketers who just happens to be a set of senior players who happened to be lucky they got the nod when our cricket was going through a different kind of transition. About time our seniors realize that there are talented players in the pipeline who are more talented than these veterans who even after 10+ years of international cricket still:

1) Complain about adjusting to the condition.
2) Feel immense pressure playing against a lower ranked team
3) Complain about not getting to play enough
4) Give their wickets away in spectacular fashion, the bowlers don't even need to earn their wickets.
5) Bat without any regards for the situation.
6) Choke whenever the pressure is on. I mean 10+ years of cricket and you still feel pressure at crunch moments?
Old February 7, 2017, 09:12 AM
Club Cricketer

Agreed. They make the same mistakes and never learn from it
Old February 7, 2017, 09:20 AM
Cricket Sage

I like his comment. Timing is also perfect. If our senior players have any dignity, they will try to prove him wrong. Sometimes reverse psychology works..... specially for our fat a$$ lazy senior players.
Old February 7, 2017, 09:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Test match khelar temperament ar manosikota niyomito test match na khelle ase na, how many matches BD gets to play per year compared to major test playing nations? Instead of degrading his own team he should be focusing on organizing more test matches.
Old February 7, 2017, 09:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Test match khelar temperament ar manosikota niyomito test match na khelle ase na, how many matches BD gets to play per year compared to major test playing nations? Instead of degrading his own team he should be focusing on organizing more test matches.
This excuse applies to someone like Mominul or Taijul.

But if players who have played 45+ test matches should know better when it comes to playing test cricket.
Old February 7, 2017, 09:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
This excuse applies to someone like Mominul or Taijul.

But if players who have played 45+ test matches should know better when it comes to playing test cricket.
Frequency is the key here, my friend.

If you play 4-5 matches per year, even after a decade long career you will end up having only 50 matches under your belt, which is not enough
Old February 7, 2017, 11:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Thanks! Appreciate the support...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 7, 2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:

If you play 4-5 matches per year, even after a decade long career you will end up having only 50 matches under your belt, which is not enough
Exactly that is the reason to become a little bit creative -
1) Create a good A team and send A teams for 4 day matches against Associates.
2) Try to get players in foreign leagues (not T20 ones)
3) Build different types of pitches at home, may be Sylhet could be a grass covered one and Rajshahi a dust-bowl.
Old February 7, 2017, 12:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Dude George Headley played through two world wars and still averaged 60+. Excuses are excuses.
Old February 7, 2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Spot on Roy.

Our cricket administrators and fans are really love to talk but they don't provide the infrastructures the players needs to develop their cricket.

> how many cricket academy BCB created nation wide ?
> How many longer version cricket tournaments BCB arrange on a regular basis every year?
> Why there aren't any age-group longer version crickets going on nation wide?

I can do on and on...
Old February 7, 2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
Exactly that is the reason to become a little bit creative -
1) Create a good A team and send A teams for 4 day matches against Associates.
2) Try to get players in foreign leagues (not T20 ones)
3) Build different types of pitches at home, may be Sylhet could be a grass covered one and Rajshahi a dust-bowl.
I wish there was some one like you in BCB!

I wonder what role Akram playes in BCB? Being a player, he should know these things...no?
Old February 7, 2017, 01:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Papon khaluji shotto, baki shob myth-thya
Old February 7, 2017, 01:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Our players need a bit of stick up their *** to perform well. Tamim scored four half centuries after he was heavily criticized by then board president and was threatened to be dropped. They need pushing. Its actually our culture. Papon is doing the right thing.
Old February 7, 2017, 01:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Papon khalujir choritro, phuler moto pobitro.
Old February 7, 2017, 02:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I don't like to sugar coat. Good on Papon. Perfect timing as well. Good for the team if they take his comments seriously. Obviously they are not taking anyone else's comment seriously.

May be this inspires them to show him up!!!
Old February 7, 2017, 05:21 PM
Cricket Legend

I dont buy the fact that riad mushi shaki n tamim need more test to be focus and be mature. After 10 years of international cricket if you are not mature enough still play childesh shot and dont understand the situation you ll never grow up. Lost india by 1 run in WCT20when you have most experienced players in the crease, depicted the mind set of bd players- THIS IS OUR CRICKET. Even 10 test per year won't solve this. Cricket is also a very mind game and bit of academic education is imperative to plan n improve your game. Most of our players don't have academic qualifications. That's why their cognitive development is on hold for most cases.

I don't see any hunger, aggressiveness and passion like VIRAT KOHLI from our players in the field. May be Mash n mushi may come close to this. For an example Taijuls body language seems like born to loose.

Papon is a great administrator of the game. He spots on atleast in this regards.
Old February 7, 2017, 05:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
I dont buy the fact riad mushi shaki n tamim need more test to be focus and be mature. After 10 years of international cricket if you are not mature enough still play childesh shot and dont understand the situation you ll never grow up. Lost india by 1 run in WCT20when you have most experienced players in the crease, depicted the mind set of bd players- THIS IS OUR CRICKET. Even 10 test per year won't solve this. Cricket is also a very mind game and bit of academic education is imperative to plan n improve your game. Most of our players don't have academic qualifications. That's why their cognitive development is not enough.

Papon is a great administrator of the game. He spots on atleast in this regards.
When i hear comments like it will take another generation to replace us, or like we didnt have luck, or continue to venture out other non sports related events thinking if greatest batsman like kohli can do it I should do that too, if you have incompetant adminstrator without any proper infrasteucture and player grooming planning, no proper longer version competative game before playing test overseas..u cant just blame one or two but the entire system..
You play t20 on home and select players based on home t20 for away test..sit a player for 18 months and expect him to deliver, select a spinner worse than para moholla polapain leg spinner..and have the audacity to play a shot first hour in morning without learning from any mistakes before..you really should not be considered great ceicketer
Old February 7, 2017, 05:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
When i hear comments like it will take another generation to replace us, or like we didnt have luck, or continue to venture out other non sports related events thinking if greatest batsman like kohli can do it I should do that too, if you have incompetant adminstrator without any proper infrasteucture and player grooming planning, no proper longer version competative game before playing test overseas..u cant just blame one or two but the entire system..
You play t20 on home and select players based on home t20 for away test..sit a player for 18 months and expect him to deliver, select a spinner worse than para moholla polapain leg spinner..and have the audacity to play a shot first hour in morning without learning from any mistakes before..you really should not be considered great ceicketer
This is a legendary post...mother of all posts! I salaam you, SS mama!
Old February 7, 2017, 05:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
Dude George Headley played through two world wars and still averaged 60+. Excuses are excuses.
Dude, I am not a Bangladeshi, Don't have any emotional stakes with your team, why would I be giving excuses?

This Headley example of yours is a very poor one TBH, you simply can not compare the amateurish time pass of a game that used to be played back then with today's modern super competitive pro cricket.

I have seen videos of 40's era cricket comparing that with today's cricket is like comparing a pirate ship of the 18th century with a modern day frigate.

Bradman would be averaging in mid fifties if he had to face the likes of lillee, Wasim and Donalds
Old February 7, 2017, 06:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
Yeah papon alone can not change the entire system. We have plenty of loop holes in our doemestic structure which cannot be fixed in short time. Back to the topic of bd players maturities, mind set, assess ing game situation- we are no way near to best players of the world. Due to this we are experiencing collapse every now than. If we dont improve our mental game we would possibly see more collapse in future. We deserve more as a fan from our seniors players in this aspect of the game.
Old February 7, 2017, 09:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
I am kinda agree with him. Whats your view.

http://www.rtvonline.com/sports/8870...A7%87%E0%A6%87
absolutely agreed with PAPON. enough is enough..true cant be hide anymore. Sweet talk dont work , so ofcourse jhal talk needed to be saying here.At this moment BD team needs some critisise from media or papon, is the only way bd will able to do something agaisnt gaint india in their home ground.