facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 7, 2017, 03:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
Panthera tigris tigris is India's national animal my friend.
Interesting. Never heard Indian use it though.

Old February 7, 2017, 06:02 PM
Cricket Savant

majhkhaan diye rifat to bhaloi ekta lang mere dilo... NOT justin langer!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 8, 2017, 12:34 AM
BC Editorial Team

Oh fer crying out loud. When as good an authority as Mash says that Fizz is the best pace prospect we've ever gotten, that and what I've seen in his sole Test, ODIs is good enough for me to say we should absolutely throw him at the deep end. But, sadly Fizz is apparently not mentally there yet to exert himself for long spells. So they said, fine, go and bowl at BCL. Khel khotom, poysha hojom.

And Asaad and IndYeah - get a room
Old February 8, 2017, 01:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Oh fer crying out loud. When as good an authority as Mash says that Fizz is the best pace prospect we've ever gotten, that and what I've seen in his sole Test, ODIs is good enough for me to say we should absolutely throw him at the deep end. But, sadly Fizz is apparently not mentally there yet to exert himself for long spells. So they said, fine, go and bowl at BCL. Khel khotom, poysha hojom.

And Asaad and IndYeah - get a room
Razab bhai, time to retire from BC...save your posting for my fb group

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 8, 2017, 01:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I dont understand ppl when talking about Mustafizur's success bring up Ajantha Mendis as a comparison. Two different type of bowlers who do very different things. It is comparing an apple with a broomstick basically. People act like Mustafizur only bowls cutters to get wickets and without that skill he is a jodu modu bowler when in fact he bowls 140k with supreme control with his line and length and also has a fantastic slower ball and has a deadly yorker to go with it. And hypothetically if he did only get wickets by bowling cutters there is nothing wrong with that. Everyone has a strength. Ronaldo's best attribute is his headers, Ramos is the same, Klose pretty much only scored goals with his head. Nothing wrong with having a specific skill that helps you excel.
Old February 8, 2017, 03:20 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
I dont understand ppl when talking about Mustafizur's success bring up Ajantha Mendis as a comparison. Two different type of bowlers who do very different things. It is comparing an apple with a broomstick basically. People act like Mustafizur only bowls cutters to get wickets and without that skill he is a jodu modu bowler when in fact he bowls 140k with supreme control with his line and length and also has a fantastic slower ball and has a deadly yorker to go with it. And hypothetically if he did only get wickets by bowling cutters there is nothing wrong with that. Everyone has a strength. Ronaldo's best attribute is his headers, Ramos is the same, Klose pretty much only scored goals with his head. Nothing wrong with having a specific skill that helps you excel.
The logic: left arm fast medium = mystery spin

Some have never seen quality pace except on TV and even then only when their batsmen face it so they dont know what yorkers and supreme line and length or 140 k reverse swing is. Book smarts vs street smarts.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 8, 2017, 06:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I'm glad management decided not to play him until he's fully fit. If he did I'm sure he'd be the only one troubling the Indian batsmen prompting Mushy to bowl him 30 overs a day until he pulled a hammy! I want him to be a regular in the test side only after Mushy gives up captaincy.
Old February 9, 2017, 09:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ssei
After this "historic" test, we may have to wait another decade or so. What best possible thing you can achieve from this test? A win or draw isn't going to do much to our test records or change our batsman's mentality overnight. This could be a moral boost.
A win in this test would be massive, even greater than the 2007 victory.
Old February 9, 2017, 10:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

He has missed quite a lot games ever since he has had that injury. We could have won a few share of games had he been fit for example the England ODI series. We could have also won that 1st test against them too. Again, it just shows how poorly he was handled, and should have not gone over to England. When it comes to winning matches, I rate the Fizz as the best. Someone such as Shakib cannot win games on his own like the Fizz. I really hope BCB and the management has finally learnt a lesson when it comes to managing players. I think they have from that last test against New Zealand when they rested Mominul for having a rib injury.