facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 7, 2017, 01:18 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Angry Why Mustafizur is not playing?

I cannot get this off my mind. He is our best bowler. How come we are not using him against India. What really happened in NZ and what happened before this test? If he is injured how come he is cleared to play BCL? He has had a long rehabilitation before NZ and hardly played there. So what the hell is the problem with him right now?

The big question on my mind is are we gonna lose him to T-20 leagues just like Sri Lanka did with Malinga or WI did with Narine?

Old February 7, 2017, 01:31 AM
Cricket Legend

He has not reached his optimal skill level after the surgery.
Old February 7, 2017, 01:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Here you go

http://bn.bdcrictime.com/2017/02/%e0...%a6-%e0%a6%aa/
Old February 7, 2017, 02:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Maybe he is physically fit but mentally not fit to play intl game. So he is playing BCL to get some mental fitness from the game.
Old February 7, 2017, 02:58 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

I think part of the problem is, Fizz is really hard to communicate with. I dont think whatever discomfort he may have had before going in the ODI series against New Zealand, he expressed it. He was clearly not fit even though he performed well. But no way in hell BCB will risk play Fizz on a 5 day match on a SC pitch.

Playing in BCL is a good idea... Get him ready for the Lankan series! We gotta go for the win in every game and therefore, need him badly!
Old February 7, 2017, 06:00 AM
Cricket Legend

In bcl he can bowl at 125 and get away with it, in internationals he can't, he needs to work his back slowly, he needs to feel comfortable bowling mid 130s before he can return, even though a guy with his skill can succeed bowling low 130s
Old February 7, 2017, 06:29 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

So who is better? Musta at 125 or Shafiul? I would take Musta even if he had to bowl blindfolded over Shafiul
Old February 7, 2017, 06:31 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
I think part of the problem is, Fizz is really hard to communicate with. I dont think whatever discomfort he may have had before going in the ODI series against New Zealand, he expressed it. He was clearly not fit even though he performed well. But no way in hell BCB will risk play Fizz on a 5 day match on a SC pitch.

Playing in BCL is a good idea... Get him ready for the Lankan series! We gotta go for the win in every game and therefore, need him badly!
If this is the case then the physio can pack his bag and leave. It was his job to get Musta match ready.. especially for the India game above all else. This is the first time we are touring India... this is not some Zimbabwe series.
Old February 7, 2017, 06:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
If this is the case then the physio can pack his bag and leave. It was his job to get Musta match ready.. especially for the India game above all else. This is the first time we are touring India... this is not some Zimbabwe series.
That's not how a person's body works does it

Old February 7, 2017, 09:09 AM
Club Cricketer

Just stop. Let's play this 20 year old skinny guy with recent injury issues in every test match and ruin his career. That's what we do best so why not right?
Old February 7, 2017, 09:11 AM
Banned

You guys are over-rating the "fizz". Its one thing to take wickets in LOI cricket, where the batsmen have to constantly keep taking a bit of risk and go for their shots in pursuit of runs. Test cricket is an altogether different beast. It requires endurance and stamina from the bowlers - the capacity to bowl 20-25 overs a day at top pace and effectiveness is a pre-requisite. So is the ability to take wickets when batsmen are defending. Or work them out with a plan. Not just take wickets by defeating and deceiving the big shot with a well disguised cutter.

I saw a little bit of that Subhashish fella bowling in NZ. To me, BD would be better off going with a bowler like that guy instead of "Fizz" in test cricket. That's assuming the new guy is fit enough to bowl sustained quality spells, and has enough abilty and experience to be a wicket-taker in the longer format. "Fizz" would likely fizzle out with the red ball, at this stage of his career. He needs to keep developing and add more weapons to his armory before he can be effective in test cricket. Throw him in before he's ready, and you risk burning him out, especially given his fragile physique and fitness levels.
Old February 7, 2017, 09:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer
Just stop. Let's play this 20 year old skinny guy with recent injury issues in every test match and ruin his career. That's what we do best so why not right?
Old February 7, 2017, 09:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
You guys are over-rating the "fizz". Its one thing to take wickets in LOI cricket, where the batsmen have to constantly keep taking a bit of risk and go for their shots in pursuit of runs. Test cricket is an altogether different beast. It requires endurance and stamina from the bowlers - the capacity to bowl 20-25 overs a day at top pace and effectiveness is a pre-requisite. So is the ability to take wickets when batsmen are defending. Or work them out with a plan. Not just take wickets by defeating and deceiving the big shot with a well disguised cutter.

I saw a little bit of that Subhashish fella bowling in NZ. To me, BD would be better off going with a bowler like that guy instead of "Fizz" in test cricket. That's assuming the new guy is fit enough to bowl sustained quality spells, and has enough abilty and experience to be a wicket-taker in the longer format. "Fizz" would likely fizzle out with the red ball, at this stage of his career. He needs to keep developing and add more weapons to his armory before he can be effective in test cricket. Throw him in before he's ready, and you risk burning him out, especially given his fragile physique and fitness levels.
Couldn't have said it any better myself
Old February 7, 2017, 09:38 AM
Banned

Bet you 2 rosgullas that at least 2 BD fans will still jump all over this, taking "offense" because I called "Fizz" over-rated.
Old February 7, 2017, 09:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

By the way, in the only test match Fizz has bowled he got out three South African Batsmen in the space of four deliveries, on a dhaka pitch. So, there goes that argument down the drain!
Old February 7, 2017, 09:52 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

^Not just any jodu modu batsman either. He got out Amla, Duminy, and De Kock. Quite over-rated indeed
Old February 7, 2017, 10:12 AM
Banned

Ajantha Mendis got a bunch of wickets in his first few tests. Wonder how he's rated now by folks here.
Old February 7, 2017, 10:22 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Your argument was that in test cricket, batsman defend and Fizz is gonna fizzle out because he relies on big shots and risk by the batsmen. I guess Amla, Duminy, and Kock were really going for the big shots when they were 136-3 in the first innings of a test match on a dhaka pitch.

He has showed more promise than any other test bowlers we debuted in recent years so people definitely have a reason to want him on the test team badly. Nothing wrong with expectations. If it works out great, if it doesn't then too bad.
Old February 7, 2017, 10:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I blame the board and management for poor handling of Fizz. I know money is important, but common sense should've prevailed: he shouldn't have joined Sussex. Playing for Bangladesh comes first. He even missed BPL which we need him to play to lift the profile of that tournament. It's actually a good reason he's not part of that Indian tour. We need him fully ready for the Sri Lanka tour. I saw him during the New Zealand tour, and he didn't look ready at all. Recovering fully from a shoulder surgery takes a long time. For sure, he'll be a key player on tours to Sri Lanka, Ireland and England this year.
Old February 7, 2017, 10:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausif
Your argument was that in test cricket, batsman defend and Fizz is gonna fizzle out because he relies on big shots and risk by the batsmen. I guess Amla, Duminy, and Kock were really going for the big shots when they were 136-3 in the first innings of a test match on a dhaka pitch.

He has showed more promise than any other test bowlers we debuted in recent years so people definitely have a reason to want him on the test team badly. Nothing wrong with expectations. If it works out great, if it doesn't then too bad.
Fair enough.
Old February 7, 2017, 11:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Couldn't have said it any better myself
Oh look. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Or... shagred doesn't stray far from the ustad.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 7, 2017, 11:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Oh look. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Or... shagred doesn't stray far from the ustad.
That was truly a cheap shot Zeeshan da, did not expect that from you.

Appreciating a well written post is far from doing shagredi, hope you understand that.

If you are so upset with that post why don't you argue with logic instead of coming up with stupid one liners ?
Old February 7, 2017, 11:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
That was truly a cheap shot Zeeshan da, did not expect that from you.

Appreciating a well written post is far from doing shagredi, hope you understand that.

If you are so upset with that post why don't you debate with logic instead of coming up with stupid one liners ?
Please. Please. Call me Zeeshan.

LOL, didn't expect you to expect so much from me.... only after joining....umm....last week?

Old February 7, 2017, 11:36 AM
Banned

Roy, I claim my 2 rosgullas now
Old February 7, 2017, 11:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
Roy, I claim my 2 rosgullas now
And I claim a SINGLE neuronal growth of Alia Bhatt's hippocampus that even after instigating you WILL NOT respond to this post.