facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 25, 2017, 02:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
You are hurting my feelings now barring Pakistanis all desis are my brothers and sisters
"Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing"

Old January 25, 2017, 03:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
You are hurting my feelings now barring Pakistanis all desis are my brothers and sisters
No drama plz . This isnt star plus, don't audition because none will be taken.
Old January 25, 2017, 03:33 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
barring pak, only desis left are BDeshis . Or does Sri Lankans, Nepalese count as desis too? not sure.
Old January 25, 2017, 03:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
barring pak, only desis left are BDeshis . Or does Sri Lankans, Nepalese count as desis too? not sure.
Lankans, Nepalese arn't desis. I wish we Bangladeshis wernt desi too. Tbh most Bdeshis here in UK, think desis are Pkistanis and Indians. So, doesn't bother me. Because desi sounds to me, like a freshie, someone out the khet recently, to west and acting like he made it a millionaire, all of a sudden!
Old January 25, 2017, 03:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
No drama plz . This isnt star plus, don't audition because none will be taken.
lol, who is being snobby now ?

BTW no matter how much drama I try I just could not match a Bangladeshi, I hope you know that star plus and star jalsa has one of the biggest fan bases in BD.
Old January 25, 2017, 03:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Lankans, Nepalese arn't desis. I wish we Bangladeshis wernt desi too. Tbh most Bdeshis here in UK, think desis are Pkistanis and Indians. So, doesn't bother me. Because desi sounds to me, like a freshie, someone out the khet recently, to west and acting like he made it a millionaire, all of a sudden!
No you aren't desi, a wannabe white prolly, keep hating us brown people
Old January 25, 2017, 03:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Lol, I was kidding, common Pakistanis are just like us, I have nothing against them, BTW I think technically only hindi speaking northern Indians and Pakistanis, barring Pushtuns and baloch, can be called desi, not sure though.
Old January 25, 2017, 04:06 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
bhaiya what is a freshie?? I am very khet. Can you please teach me how to be cool?
Old January 25, 2017, 04:08 PM
Cricket Legend

^^No your wrong. Pathans, and Baloch, Kashmiri speaking fair skinned kashmiri will be first themselves to distance themselves from desism. They are more To the side of Iran, Afg,Tajik, uzbek, Middle east.

Desis By ethnicity will be all in Ind, BD, Pk. Except the tribals, indigenous people, Pathans and Baloch, Kashmiris, defo not desis. Desis have a certain diet, language, way, environment, habits, etc. I have Afghani Pathan friends here, they are more like some part of european middel eastern!
Old January 25, 2017, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
bhaiya what is a freshie?? I am very khet. Can you please teach me how to be cool?
Good for you I'm sure you know how to be cool. Or just listen to ya boy Anonto Jolils Dhakar Pola smart. Hope it helps.
Old January 25, 2017, 04:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Just be like Mas UK dude and look down upon your fellow khet brethren me you will become cool in no time
Old January 25, 2017, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
New era of rivalry started in 15 WC. I'd say this test will kick it on. I know Indian fans would claim it down, but let's just say on subcontinent conditions next 2-3 years Bangladesh will be your biggest threat, challengers, competitors especially in ODI's, whether you would want to accept it or not.

I fancy. A draw, wicket will be flat. Hope Fzz is back it will be very known conditions for him having played for SRH. Must, need Nasir Hossain back in the side too many lefties at the top, can't bat too many lefties at top, we need to mix it up. I'd like Sarkar at 3, Nasir or Sabbir at 4, Mushy 5, Sakib 6.

As for pacers, I'd go with Kamrul, Fizz, Taskin. Shakib and Miraz the spinners, Nasir with useful overs too.
This post reminds me of that old joke -

Two ants were walking on a tree branch in the jungle, collecting food for their colony. For some reason, one ant fell off the branch and landed on the back of an elephant that was standing under the tree. What did the the first ant say to the ant that fell on the elephant's back? Dabaa de saale ko - loosely translates to - Come on bro, Crush that fool!

chillax. Don't get your chaddis twisted. Its just a joke. Well some of the local trolli-babu-moshai can do it, I don't mind.

On a serious note, BD are an improved side, and the game is sure to be interesting. As an Indian fan, I want the team to use this as a high quality practice game. And I am looking for our fast bowlers to make a meaningful impact on the game - regardless of the track.
Old January 25, 2017, 07:07 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

I heard the same joke. But it was a big jackass (donkey) instead of elephant
Old January 25, 2017, 10:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
And I am looking for our fast bowlers to make a meaningful impact on the game - regardless of the track.
India's strength is in batting and spin bowling.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 26, 2017, 05:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Just be like Mas UK dude and look down upon your fellow khet brethren me you will become cool in no time
Where did I look down upon your or any one here? Plz do explain.

I just expressed an opinion regarding the word desi, when the first used to hear the word, how I used to get the pictures in my mind.

Jhees. Some people love to blow things, out of proportion. Like star plus, jalsa, dramas. All we need is some epic background music to top it up.
Old January 26, 2017, 08:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin
Default "Desi"

In Canada, I think "desi" refers to mostly Indians. To be precise, those who can speak in Hindi. North India, South India and West Bengal don't belong here. Some Pakistanis may count as well.

But the term doesn't apply to Bangladeshis. Period. We're too cool !!!
Old January 26, 2017, 08:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

all Indians, irrespective of region refer to themselves as desi in US at least. in canada as well in my limited experience.

btw north Indian == hindi speaking.
Old January 26, 2017, 09:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

In US (south), Desi = subcontinent people. That includes Sri-Lanka and Nepal. It is a general term. (non-Hispanic) Brown people to be precise.
Old January 26, 2017, 09:55 AM
Cricket Legend

^First time heard Srilankans and Nepalese being desis. What about Bhutan? Maldives?
Old January 26, 2017, 10:32 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

From Wikipedia

Desi [d̪eːsi] is a loose term for the people, cultures, and products of the Indian subcontinent or South Asia and their diaspora, derived from the Ancient Sanskrit देश (deśá or deshi), meaning Land or Country.[1] As "Desi" is a loose term, countries that are considered "Desi" are subjective, however it is often accepted that Bangladesh, India and Pakistan are Desi countries.[2][3] Bhutan, the Maldives, Nepal, and Sri Lanka may also be considered "Desi" countries in some usages of the term

---

so I guess its mostly Ind/Pak/BD but in general includes all the SAARC countries after all. Got me thinking, I have never met anyone from Bhutan/Maldives yet.
Old January 26, 2017, 12:21 PM
Banned

Like it or not. Accept it or not. Bangladeshis are going to be grouped with Indians from the sub-continent. A shared common geography, ethnicity, culture and ancestral religion of thousands of years is not going to vanish due to delusional thinking.

We are the same people. From the Himalayas to the Indian Ocean and Bay of Bengal. Those foolish Pakistanis bullied their way to a "separate" nationality in the previous millenium. And such modern artifical entities and constructs don't change reality of millenia. Its too bad that so much energy and lives are utterly wasted, fighting and promoting such BS divisions of our people.
Old January 26, 2017, 12:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Lots of off-topic posts.

My suggestion: take this conversation to Forget Cricket.

Gotta stay within the rules of the forum.

As for on-topic... I think that this match will be drawn, rain-interrupted, with a good crowd turnout.
Old January 26, 2017, 01:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
Like it or not. Accept it or not. Bangladeshis are going to be grouped with Indians from the sub-continent. A shared common geography, ethnicity, culture and ancestral religion of thousands of years is not going to vanish due to delusional thinking.

We are the same people. From the Himalayas to the Indian Ocean and Bay of Bengal. Those foolish Pakistanis bullied their way to a "separate" nationality in the previous millenium. And such modern artifical entities and constructs don't change reality of millenia. Its too bad that so much energy and lives are utterly wasted, fighting and promoting such BS divisions of our people.
Yes 'desis'have commonalities.So will be regarded similar in many ways. Nothing new.

Btw are you the same guy from PP? Would like to see you post this message on pp calling them foolish too. :P
Old January 26, 2017, 01:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes 'desis'have commonalities.So will be regarded similar in many ways. Nothing new.

Btw are you the same guy from PP? Would like to see you post this message on pp calling them foolish too. :P
The same. You must have seen my posts there as well. And I don't pull my punches anywhere. PP is not a free forum - they banned me when I posted on a thread blaming ICC and BCCI for lack of international cricket in Pakistan - all I said is that BCCI did not shoot the Sri Lankan cricket team, and its mostly Pakistanis who are responsible for lack of international cricket in Pakistan. Post got deleted and I got banned. Their loss.

And I do consider those Pakistanis who invest their resources in a misguided hatred of India, foolish. Because its just a waste of time.
Old January 26, 2017, 02:47 PM
Cricket Legend

^ Welcome to BC the best cricketing forum site.

Good to see more India fans, and other fans coming here to the most welcoming, lovely cricket forum.

Sometimes, there will be banter but take it to heart not.