facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 24, 2017, 05:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Worthwhile considering Riyads position in test side. But he should certainly continue to be a part of shorter formats.

Before dropping i think the coach should ask whether it is worthwhile persisting with Riyad in the top order. He should be batting 6 or 7.

Old January 24, 2017, 05:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Riyad should not be batting at #4 in tests at all. He needs to be dropped from the test team. Really need to put Mushfiqur there and blood either Nurul/Litton/Anamul in the lower order as the wicket keeper. That or shift Mominul to #4 and have a top 3 of Imrul, Tamim and an inform Soumya.

Riyad is just a lower order cameo batsman these days in limited overs cricket. Mushfiqur should also be batting at #4 in ODIs. Riyad should be at #6.

Nothing wrong for him to be dropped from tests. He can just focus on being a finisher for us because that is really an area that we need to improve on.
Old January 24, 2017, 05:24 AM
Cricket Legend

That is the right thing to do. SL did it with Sanga up the order and Prasanna Jayawardene batting at 7. BD needs to do the same thing.

At the same time they must have at least one or two more candidates who can bat at 4. We have a shocking lack of options in the event say Mushfiq gets injured.
Old January 24, 2017, 10:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Get rid of that clownish dwarf!
Old January 24, 2017, 10:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Mods please! This is getting ridiculous.
Old January 24, 2017, 10:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

I think anyone here has the right to say anything within the forum rules. Campaigning for dropping a player is not out of the limits here as I understand, we got to accept the other person's point of view, he might have good reasons. Btw, I do support dropping Mushfique as a captain, I have seen enough of his captaincy to think he is nowhere as good, and remember he is even dropped from club level and has resigned as well.
Old January 24, 2017, 11:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

^ Yes, exactly. Thank you. Why is this such a hard concept to grasp for some people? You don't like what you read, then move on elsewhere or comment on it yourself. But don't advocate for your Big Brother to take action.
Old January 25, 2017, 12:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

To me Riad can only play odi and t20.. he's not worth it no.4 position in the test squad. Somaya should play India test along with Kaye's... Riad always good at no. 7.. he's a good stroke makers, so I won't cut him now.. but he needs some rest, need some time for himself to understand, where he was wrong.
Old January 25, 2017, 03:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
I think anyone here has the right to say anything within the forum rules. Campaigning for dropping a player is not out of the limits here as I understand, we got to accept the other person's point of view, he might have good reasons. Btw, I do support dropping Mushfique as a captain, I have seen enough of his captaincy to think he is nowhere as good, and remember he is even dropped from club level and has resigned as well.
Anyone has the right to debate someones exclusion or inclusion with rational reasons. This individuals posts are nothing but slander, baseless, tasteless, downright disrespectful. And its the same posts everywhere.

Regarding the points about Mushfiq, no debating about his captaincy. Also shouldnt be keeper in longer format. But without a doubt still one of our most important batsman in all formats.
Old January 25, 2017, 03:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

if riyad is continued with he'll maintain his same current output then in a couple of years we'll of wished we had tried some youngsters sooner.
Old January 25, 2017, 05:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Riyad should not be batting at #4 in tests at all. He needs to be dropped from the test team. Really need to put Mushfiqur there and blood either Nurul/Litton/Anamul in the lower order as the wicket keeper. That or shift Mominul to #4 and have a top 3 of Imrul, Tamim and an inform Soumya.

Riyad is just a lower order cameo batsman these days in limited overs cricket. Mushfiqur should also be batting at #4 in ODIs. Riyad should be at #6.

Nothing wrong for him to be dropped from tests. He can just focus on being a finisher for us because that is really an area that we need to improve on.
This...

Old January 25, 2017, 10:54 AM
Test Cricketer

20s and 30s aren't good enough for a number four in a test batting line up. Mahmudullah has to do better.
Old January 26, 2017, 11:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

Most of us fans are not capable to think in compartmentalized way as it seems. Riyad is a "very good" LOI player and specially can play the finisher role better than anyone else in the local circuit. I would personally back him to take over captaincy role from Mash after Mash retires from cricket, BUT for Gods shake please drop him from the test squad and slot Mosaddek in ! I think we have seen enough of Riyad in last 10 years to come to this conclusion that he should play at #6 for LOI side, but should not be considered for the Test side.
Old January 26, 2017, 02:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket4All
Most of us fans are not capable to think in compartmentalized way as it seems. Riyad is a "very good" LOI player and specially can play the finisher role better than anyone else in the local circuit. I would personally back him to take over captaincy role from Mash after Mash retires from cricket, BUT for Gods shake please drop him from the test squad and slot Mosaddek in ! I think we have seen enough of Riyad in last 10 years to come to this conclusion that he should play at #6 for LOI side, but should not be considered for the Test side.
Thanks for posting this good post in good details. Riyad fans please save/copy/mark it. Jheez...

No one I'm sure dislikes Riyad for his WC gems in ODI, I still back him for captaincy in the shorter formats because we all know Sakib, and Tamim don't have it in them, neither do we want Mushy back as LOI captain. Riyad is he only option, a man with good head on him in terms of captaining a side with fhe right plans. And trust me Riyad, will turn into a beast given the captaincy role, just like he does in BPL every year whoever he captains.
Old January 26, 2017, 03:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

For Tests Mahmadullah is a lost cause. he adds no value to the team. His fielding has become pathetic.

He is still a decent Odi and t20 player.
Old January 26, 2017, 03:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
acha knee jerk er bangla ki? hathu risingh?
I thinks it's Roey Confiqur Haque 😀
Old January 26, 2017, 04:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Nobody is asking Riyad to be dropped for the shorter formats(how ironic)! rather people are asking him to be dropped from tests!(In the past, it was exactly the other way around!)
Old January 26, 2017, 05:48 PM
Cricket Guru

I'm sure he did get dropped once from tests and then he scored 4 consecutive centuries and got recalled.
Old January 26, 2017, 06:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
I'm sure he did get dropped once from tests and then he scored 4 consecutive centuries and got recalled.
Its not hard to be a Bradman in our domestics.
Old January 26, 2017, 06:57 PM
Cricket Guru

IMO he should be dropped from tests, mosaddek and Liton both deserve extended runs in the test team to try and establish themselves as test match players.
Old February 2, 2017, 05:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
That is the right thing to do. SL did it with Sanga up the order and Prasanna Jayawardene batting at 7. BD needs to do the same thing.

At the same time they must have at least one or two more candidates who can bat at 4. We have a shocking lack of options in the event say Mushfiq gets injured.
SN, Anam, Shanto, Mosaddek, Nasir - there are actually plenty of options to consider.

It should be no brainer for the management to promote Mushfiq to #4 and give the gloves away to Liton/Nurul for good.
Old February 3, 2017, 01:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Riad should stay in test team atm. y be at no 6 then Sabbir at 7
Old February 3, 2017, 02:31 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Haturi da should tell Riyad to play a long innings and cut down on shots... if he does it and makes an improvement then he should stay as he clearly has the talent and experienced. If he is not willing to play according to the format and situation then its fair to drop him and play someone who will