facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 23, 2017, 03:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
How is Pant's wicket keeping ? I keep hearing about how great a batsman he is, no one talks about the most important stuff, his keeping.

forget his batting, with his keeping alone dhoni got us wkts out of nowhere, almost one every match. we have enough batters, but the replacement keeper has to be as good.
Insane batsman, average keeper, he is only 19, should be given a test cap, Dhoni also did not exactly set the stage on fire when he was 19, international exposure often does wonder to a blooming sportsman

Old January 23, 2017, 05:13 AM
Club Cricketer

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Mominul Haque
4. Mushfiqur Rahim
5. Mosaddek Hossain
6. Shakib Al Hasan
7. Shabbir Rahman
8. Mehedi Hasan Miraz
9. Mohammad Shahid/Taijul Islam
10. Taskin Ahmed
11. Mustafizur Rahman

No Mahmudullah Riyad. Don't want this guy anywhere near the Test team
Old January 23, 2017, 05:22 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
I really think Abu hider and Mohammad saifuddin should be in consideration. I don't have any problem with the other fast bowlers named but is babu really a better prospect than hider as a bowler? And is he really better than saifuddin as an all rounder?

As far as shahid is he still injured? Because it looks like a lot of other pacers have really jumped over him in the queue.
I think Abu Jayed should have been selected
Old January 23, 2017, 07:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Mahmudullah dropped everywhere. I still have faith. And i dont think indian super trundlers, yadav and shami will be threatening to him on an indian pitch. Dropping kayes because his test performance is just not good enough.

1. Tamim
2. Sarkar
3. Mominul
4. Mushfiqur
5. Mahmudullah
6. Shakib
7. Sabbir
8. Miraz
9. Rabbi/ taijul
10. Taskin Ahmed /rabbi
11. Mustafizur
Old January 23, 2017, 08:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

since 1st January 2014 mominul has averaged 51, shakib and imrul 49, tamim 42, imrul 41. In this same period riyad has averaged 29.2.

Out of that group he's the only one not to have scored a century in that period, the others have all scored at least 2.

He also has less 50s than all of them bar imrul who has 3 compared to Riyad's 6 and mushy who equals him on 6.

At some point you have to say enough is enough. If riyad is good enough he'll make his way back into the team but I think it's time to give someone else an opportunity.
Old January 23, 2017, 08:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Answer me: (Are they going to change their approach? no.)

Two words.

"Labh ki?"
Old January 23, 2017, 08:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
since 1st January 2014 mominul has averaged 51, shakib and imrul 49, tamim 42, imrul 41. In this same period riyad has averaged 29.2.

Out of that group he's the only one not to have scored a century in that period, the others have all scored at least 2.

He also has less 50s than all of them bar imrul who has 3 compared to Riyad's 6 and mushy who equals him on 6.

At some point you have to say enough is enough. If riyad is good enough he'll make his way back into the team but I think it's time to give someone else an opportunity.
+ He was dropped from the test squad once.
+ He didn't change his ways of getting out and the timing of the out.
+ Fielding declined immensely.
+ He was moved around the lineup just to keep him in the team when he continuously failed at each position.
Old January 23, 2017, 11:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:

I keep hearing Riyad should be dropped but is there any alternative player who picks himself on performance alone ? any stand out ?
as they say class is permanent, form is not. this guy definitely has the ability.

@Nafi, the "super trundlers" average in the mid to high 140 k's and comfortably outbowled the vaunted english pace attack composed of broad, anderson et al on placid Indian pitches.
Old January 23, 2017, 11:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Insane batsman, average keeper, he is only 19, should be given a test cap, Dhoni also did not exactly set the stage on fire when he was 19, international exposure often does wonder to a blooming sportsman
the caveat being, not everyone anyone can be dhoni. he was a once in a lifetime player. and mark my words, India would miss his keeping skills even more than it misses his batting skills, unless we get a good enough alternative.

I am OK with going for a so-so WK for LOI's but not for tests. dismissals mean hell of a lot more in tests than in LOI's. one missed chance can really hurt you. it can be the difference between winning a test and losing it.
I still remember parthiv preventing a match & series win against australia in sydney with his horrible keeping. more than a decade later his keeping is still awful, as we saw in the england series.

however good the batting may be, test WK position should not come at the expense of keeping abilities.

btw, did you watch today's irani trophy match ? absolute gun performance from wriddhiman saha in 4th innings after ROI were 63/4.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/irani-cu...h/1053705.html
he has done that time and again, he saved our skin in WI too ! he is also an above avg keeper. he deserves a place in the side for sometime.

right now pant should play only in LOI's if dhoni vacates the spot. we shouldn't think of him for tests unless he shows marked improvement in keeping standards.
Old January 23, 2017, 11:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

No RIYAD IN TEST and I am happy.
Old January 23, 2017, 11:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
the caveat being, not everyone anyone can be dhoni. he was a once in a lifetime player. and mark my words, India would miss his keeping skills even more than it misses his batting skills, unless we get a good enough alternative.

I am OK with going for a so-so WK for LOI's but not for tests. dismissals mean hell of a lot more in tests than in LOI's. one missed chance can really hurt you. it can be the difference between winning a test and losing it.
I still remember parthiv preventing a match & series win against australia in sydney with his horrible keeping. more than a decade later his keeping is still awful, as we saw in the england series.

however good the batting may be, test WK position should not come at the expense of keeping abilities.

btw, did you watch today's irani trophy match ? absolute gun performance from wriddhiman saha in 4th innings after ROI were 63/4.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/irani-cu...h/1053705.html
he has done that time and again, he saved our skin in WI too ! he is also an above avg keeper. he deserves a place in the side for sometime.

right now pant should play only in LOI's if dhoni vacates the spot. we shouldn't think of him for tests unless he shows marked improvement in keeping standards.
Agree with you on most parts, however I still think we don't have to be so puritan against Bangladesh, we could certainly field an A team with Pant being WK, just to give him and some others a taste of international cricket, also we do need a good back up WK considering perthiv is an absolute garbage. If BCCI was serious about this test, I am sure it would not be limited to only one, so I am pretty sure large scale experiments are going to take place during team selection and won't be surprised to see half a dozen new faces.
Old January 23, 2017, 11:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
Mahmudullah dropped everywhere. I still have faith. And i dont think indian super trundlers, yadav and shami will be threatening to him on an indian pitch.
I am pretty sure our "Super Trundlers" will comfortably outbowl your bowling wonders irrespective of the pitch given, you don't have to believe me now, I will quote you back when it happens.
Old January 23, 2017, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I keep hearing Riyad should be dropped but is there any alternative player who picks himself on performance alone ? any stand out ?
as they say class is permanent, form is not. this guy definitely has the ability.

@Nafi, the "super trundlers" average in the mid to high 140 k's and comfortably outbowled the vaunted english pace attack composed of broad, anderson et al on placid Indian pitches.
Class is permanent, form is temporary

Sucks for Ullah he doesn't have class nor does he have form...

What ability has he shown you in test cricket in a decade of playing test cricket, he has 1 hundred, averages 30

Others...

Nasir, Nurul, anamul, mossadek

I'd go Nurul

Tamim
Imrul
Mominul
Mushfiq
Shakib
Sabbir
Nurul
Shahid
Mehedi
Taskin/Taijul
Mustafizur/Taijul

Old January 23, 2017, 03:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

1. Tamim
2. Imrul
3. Mominul
4. Mushy (C)
5. Shakib
6. Shabbir
7. Nurul (WK)
8. Miraz
9. Kamrul
10. Taskin
11. Roy

Subs
12. Mosaddek
13. Soumya
14. Taijul
15. Jayed
Old January 23, 2017, 03:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:

I'd say guys like mosaddek (averaging over 70) and liton (average just under 50) are worth giving opportunities to...there are a few that have the ability, riyad isn't the only one and the others are younger.
Old January 23, 2017, 04:36 PM
First Class Cricketer

back and across technique of mosaddek is confused for weakness by management and some fans.. same happened with steve waugh and smith.. anamul has no future as tests top order so might aswell put him under 3 month keeper drill and see how good he can be
Old January 23, 2017, 05:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

My X11
Tamim
somaya
Kaye's
mominul
Musfiq
Sabbir
Sakib
Miraz
Taskin
Rabbi
Mustafiz
Old January 23, 2017, 05:45 PM
Cricket Legend

I would love to see Soumya performing well against us with India wining comfortably of course

His lazy elegance and eye pleasing drives reminds me of Dada, has higher ceiling than most current Bangladeshi batsmen, will struggle against Ashwin though due to not having enough footwork atm
Old January 23, 2017, 06:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
I would love to see Soumya performing well against us with India wining comfortably of course

His lazy elegance and eye pleasing drives reminds me of Dada, has higher ceiling than most current Bangladeshi batsmen, will struggle against Ashwin though due to not having enough footwork atm
u hear that Zeeshan? me comparing Soumya with Ganguly has nothing to do with his ethnic background ...
Old January 23, 2017, 06:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

my revised XI:

1) Tamim
2) Imrul
3) Mominul
4) Mushfiq
5) Soumya
6) Shakib
7) Sabbir
8) Miraz
9) Taijul
10) Kamrul
11) Mustafizur Rahman

12th man) Nasir Hossain
Old January 23, 2017, 06:18 PM
Cricket Guru

^ I like that team
Old January 23, 2017, 06:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:

Yeh theyre roided up? Whats your point.
Old January 23, 2017, 06:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
my revised XI:

1) Tamim
2) Imrul
3) Mominul
4) Mushfiq
5) Soumya
6) Shakib
7) Sabbir
8) Miraz
9) Taijul
10) Kamrul
11) Mustafizur Rahman

12th man) Nasir Hossain
Good team, but no taskin?

Was our best fast bowler... Last match

Old January 23, 2017, 06:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:

Not even Shoaib or Lee "averaged" high 140s. In an over, yes, but even in a 4 over spell, I highly doubt Shoaib/Lee could maintain an average speed of "high 140s". Defining high 140s as 147+ (91.3 mph) I think only Yadav hit that mark and maybe a few times.

Regardless, that is still very quick in subcontinent conditions.

Interestingly, during the IPL, Mustafiz who isn't noted for his pace clocked a delivery at 144 kph (meaning it must have been at least 143.5).

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 23, 2017, 06:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

My 14 man squad would be:

Tamim
Imrul
Mominul
Mushfiq
Shakib
Sabbir
Nurul (WK)