facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 19, 2017, 11:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Recklessness hardly ever yields positive results

Never seen Kohli or Williamson be reckless.

They take calculative risks. Play percentage shots. Recklessness in a test match in particular is useless. So you scored a boundary with all the risk in the world. To what avail?

Old January 20, 2017, 12:30 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Defo.

If we had Sahid and Musta fit playing the first test, things could have been very different. We lost the first test coz of our bowling. That's what I feel
Old January 20, 2017, 12:48 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Plenty of posts in the forum about the lack of maturity of our players.

I dont mean it to sound like an excuse but a lot of these guys come from very humble backgrounds. Some dont even have proper education, some even see an airplane for the first time after national call up. So very hard to expect the same conduct, strategic thinking from them that we see from other top cricketers around the world.

Big contrast to even Sri Lankan cricketers who all go through proper schooling, work for corporations during off time. Hence some of these guys are smarter, think better, play more responsibly.

This issue wont change overnight. We ve come a long way, there was a time when our pacers couldnt even get the ball to rise waist high, or even hit a six. Every new generation will get better and better.
Tamim came from a very educated and established family in BD, his family even had a sporting background, He had proper education and I am sure saw many airplanes up close before getting national call

Still you'll see him dancing down the pitch and throwing his wicket away.

I think its our mentality that needs to change. its our built in mentality. just look at the fan's maturity
Old January 20, 2017, 12:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Tamim came from a very educated and established family in BD, his family even had a sporting background, He had proper education and I am sure saw many airplanes up close before getting national call

Still you'll see him dancing down the pitch and throwing his wicket away.

I think its our mentality that needs to change. its our built in mentality. just look at the fan's maturity
Miraz is the one with the most humble background but at such young age seems so much more mature.

Education is only a part. Being smart is completely different. Being smart means you have to actively work on other areas. How many of our boys work on their fitness outside training camps. You will see Kohli giving snaps of gym sessions while our players gives snaps of everything else in the world.

Not just fitness. How about mental conditioning? Motivation? Improving nutrition? Maybe learn how to cook something healthy ?
Old January 20, 2017, 01:03 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Couldnt even score 300 on a flat pitch. Still pisitive?
Old January 20, 2017, 01:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
Couldnt even score 300 on a flat pitch. Still pisitive?
Definitely. 😀
Old January 20, 2017, 03:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
...We lost the first test coz of our bowling. That's what I feel
Completely wholeheartedly disagree. Batsmen can and are the only answer to a draw and loss. Bowlers are the only answer to win.

So you can say, we didn't win because of our bowling and lost because of our batting. That is "Understanding test cricket 101".
Old January 20, 2017, 04:23 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Imrul, Mominul, Mushy, Shohid, Fizz.... thats 5 of our main players missing. Imagine Fizz instead of Rabbi, Shohid instead of Taskin!
Old January 20, 2017, 05:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Rabbi scored 2 off 62 balls lol
Old January 21, 2017, 12:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Agreed. Hence...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 23, 2017, 07:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Well in reality with no Mustafiz Shahid imrul mominul mushfiq

This was our b team and with full strength we could have challenged them

Also taskin has looked like a leader of a pack which is impressive for a guy on his second test, he bowled 20+ overs without huffing and puffing and he did at good speed and with line and length

He was much stronger than I expected to be

Old January 23, 2017, 08:34 AM
Cricket Savant

They have an extra day for shopping and fulfilling their list that they got from family members. This counts as positive, no?
Old January 23, 2017, 09:03 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

To all losing their minds over the NZ tour:

How about taking a break from the team? This is the team we have and the best we have. If it is causing this much mental trauma then perhaps a year of football is what you need to detox yourself.
Old January 23, 2017, 09:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
To all losing their minds over the NZ tour:....
I can't attest for others but

I am immune to losing. Spent even worse time. It didn't bother me at all. Use to open these feel good threads. "Bashar is averaging 30 now, woohoo!!", "Golla batted a session (or two)". That was the time when we didn't have talent to match the oppositions. They tried hard with whatever they had.

It is different now. Knowing we can compete, knowing just letting the ball go is no harm done, knowing these boys playing in international arena 10 years and not changing their approach to game situation, knowing they can't/WON"T adapt is frustrating. Again, I am immune to losses.
Old January 24, 2017, 07:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Still waiting for that batsman who can just go about their business and not score thru risky shots all the time. Only person comes to mind who already does that is Mushy and afterwards probably Mominul.

Otherwise every batsman in the freaken team i.e. Tamim, Soumya, Shakib, Sabbir its like every shot there is a half chance of a wicket. When will we get a Tom Latham or a Williamson who just goes about his business accumulates runs no fuss just ones and twos and boom before you know it he has scored his century.

Whereas a Tamim playing all these extravagant shots for 4 every ball your thinking oh wow he is flying towards a century but in reality hes hit 8 boundaries and 1 single and gets out for 33 runs and your left scratching your head like lolwtf i swear he scored more runs.

Until we find one or two more accumulators all these extravagant batsman can bat around those batsmen.
Old January 24, 2017, 08:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Until we find one or two more accumulators all these extravagant batsman can bat around those batsmen.

His name is Saif Hassan, but I don't want him near the national team yet....
Old January 24, 2017, 09:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin
BDFlag First post

I'm a newbie here although I've been following our cricket grow from mid 90's, from Lipu/Faruq's captaincy to the great Akram Khan, Bashar's coolness, Ashraful's wonders and now a young and exciting cricket team which includes Shakib, world's best all-rounder.

As we marked our spot in international cricket, our expectation grew mostly due to the fact that these same cricketers showed us how to play without fear. 15 years ago, our only concern was to stay on crease for full 50 overs in an ODI and make 180+ runs. Now we look forward to making 300+ although we never make it. We never had an realistic dream in test cricket and this has continued to this date as we don't get to play much.

As someone said, I'm perhaps also immune to losing. This team could have done better in recent tour of NZ. Some cricketers could have showed more maturity. Fielding could have been better. After all these, I'm still hopeful.
Old January 24, 2017, 09:40 AM
Test Cricketer

^I actually want them to play with little bit of fear . Welcome to the forum.
Old January 24, 2017, 02:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ssei
I'm a newbie here although I've been following our cricket grow from mid 90's, from Lipu/Faruq's captaincy to the great Akram Khan, Bashar's coolness, Ashraful's wonders and now a young and exciting cricket team which includes Shakib, world's best all-rounder.

As we marked our spot in international cricket, our expectation grew mostly due to the fact that these same cricketers showed us how to play without fear. 15 years ago, our only concern was to stay on crease for full 50 overs in an ODI and make 180+ runs. Now we look forward to making 300+ although we never make it. We never had an realistic dream in test cricket and this has continued to this date as we don't get to play much.

As someone said, I'm perhaps also immune to losing. This team could have done better in recent tour of NZ. Some cricketers could have showed more maturity. Fielding could have been better. After all these, I'm still hopeful.
Welcome to Bangla Cricket. Write an article if you have time. They will post it here.

Introduce yourself here.
Old January 24, 2017, 09:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ssei

welcome to the forum. Make sure you refrain from writing anything in the slightest bit controversial or else you will be banned. So many newbies being banned so keep a lookout brother. Enjoy your stay tho.
Old January 24, 2017, 09:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Bangladeshi players usually get homesick towards the end of the tour, i think that's why performance towards the end is not really there
Old January 24, 2017, 10:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Bangladeshi players usually get homesick towards the end of the tour, i think that's why performance towards the end is not really there
Very valid point it shows with the body language. Wonder what we ll do if we have to be involved in a 5 match away test series.
Old January 25, 2017, 12:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Thumbs up Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Welcome to Bangla Cricket. Write an article if you have time. They will post it here.

Introduce yourself here.
I did intro myself after you said.

Thanks for the welcome and encouragement. In fact, I was writing something on current cricketers, more like a comprehensive summary before NZ series. If I ever get to finish it, I will perhaps submit it here.
Old January 25, 2017, 12:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Exclamation Ban!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
welcome to the forum. Make sure you refrain from writing anything in the slightest bit controversial or else you will be banned. So many newbies being banned so keep a lookout brother. Enjoy your stay tho.
What's considered "controversial" here? I'm aware of the banned words. How about if I say I hate a specific team to win any cricket match?
Old January 25, 2017, 12:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Remain positive? Herd this since like 2007. About how they'll come good, how when they mature it will be best time, how core players will lead the way. Nothing will change, get positive in all aspects of the game until you effing decentralised cricket, sporting infrastructure in the land and start building for future, in every region, enabling youngsters from the grassroot level to learn better!!!