facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 25, 2021, 09:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Good win Tigers!

Points on the table.

Old January 25, 2021, 09:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Shakib had to leave the field with groin pain without completing his 5th over. Should we just rest him for the 1st Test? Miraz-Nayeem-Taijul should be plenty for this Windies side.
Old January 25, 2021, 09:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Good win Tigers!

Points on the table.
Yep, second only to Australia on the table now https://www.icc-cricket.com/cricket-...ague/standings
Old January 25, 2021, 10:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
That was 2015. Mushy has reached a different level since the 2015 world cup. A batsman of his caliber would not be batting anywhere below no.4 in any international team.
Buttler? Dhoni?

De Villiers batted at 5 quite a bit.

And I believe he has been doing a decent job at No. 5
Old January 25, 2021, 11:07 AM
Cricket Savant

What this guy doesn't seem to get is against stronger opponents like India or England, Tamim's all these putu putu low SR 40s and 50s ain't gon cut it. Then again I wouldn't take any piece seriously that uses phrases like "responsible senior".

I'd much rather take 30-ball 70 any day than all these 40s and 50s of starting in 1st gear hoping SOME DAY a big score will payoff. Dumb. You play according to merit and match of the situation.

Having said that he got out to a horrible shot selection yesterday. But hey all criticisms are off since he played "shanto bhabe" "dhire dhire". Then again, I wouldn't be too severe due to quarantine and lack of play.

We are in 2021 for Christ's sakes and still we have Javed Omar Belim mentality of the 2000s.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/b...uccess-1249175

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 25, 2021, 11:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
What this guy doesn't seem to get is against stronger opponents like India or England, Tamim's all these putu putu low SR 40s and 50s ain't gon cut it. Then again I wouldn't take any piece seriously that uses phrases like "responsible senior".

I'd much rather take 30-ball 70 any day than all these 40s and 50s of starting in 1st gear hoping SOME DAY a big score will payoff. Dumb. You play according to merit and match of the situation.

Having said that he got out to a horrible shot selection yesterday. But hey all criticisms are off since he played "shanto bhabe" "dhire dhire". Then again, I wouldn't be too severe due to quarantine and lack of play.

We are in 2021 for Christ's sakes and still we have Javed Omar Belim mentality of the 2000s.

Problem is our modern superstars Liton, Shanto, Soumya isn't exactly lighting the world on fire.
Old January 25, 2021, 12:11 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Buttler? Dhoni?

De Villiers batted at 5 quite a bit.

And I believe he has been doing a decent job at No. 5
Buttler, Dhoni, AB are finishers. Mushy is our best batsman. You have to compare Mushy with Kane, Kohli, Root, Smith... Mushy plays a similar role for us as the ones I mentioned. We don't have a batting so strong that we can bat our most dependable and versatile batsman at no.5

Take todays game for example... If Mushy came to bat 10 overs earlier, we wouldve had another 20 runs on the board. Its almost a guarantee because he rotates strike better then anyone else in the team.

Its not a matter of Mushy performing at no.5. He will perform wherever you put him but he is capable of more if you bat him higher. Our most consistent batsman coming to bat after 30 overs means we are under using him.... by a lot!
Old January 25, 2021, 01:50 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

What will happen to our batting if the 4 seniors don't play. The rest are not clicking consistently. Against this WI side, the likes of Shanto, Liton really needed to perform.
Old January 25, 2021, 02:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
Problem is our modern superstars Liton, Shanto, Soumya isn't exactly lighting the world on fire.
Liton is of a different breed I think. My main qualm is people like Shamim will praise a batsman if he rotates the strike and takes six singles, instead of someone who plays defensive shots to good deliveries as "wasting" 5 straight deliveries eventhough he hits a six at the last ball.

I personally hate this calvinistic/puritan concept that this hack pompously preaches. That is SO outdated model and concept. No wonder we suck at T20.

Point being. If a batsman is a run getter it does not matter how the run comes. Just like a firm values a person who rains in most cash and check at the end of the year, a team should always prioritze the highest run getters.

Ideally a team think tank should give a rats a88 how the runs are made as long as they are coming. This is why NZ, SA, Aus can breed ballsy players like Gilchrist, McCullum, ABD, Alex Hales, Finch, Maxie. Because you don't have moron commentators like Shamim Chowdhury in their culture constantly nattering and micromanaging every single deliveries like an impatient manager in Staples. People in those counties knows when to loosen the leash, trust the players and tighten the grip when needed.

Now granted the pitch was bit difficult. So that is something I am willing to consider although it becomes very 'abstract' and 'invisible' typing behind the screen staying at home 5000 miles away from stadium for me.

But what do you get? People somehow praising a 60-ball 40 or something of that nature instead of a flashy 70 or 80 wasting least deliveries which sets up the platform and foundation.

Also, ONLY a moron will take chances RBW. If you are taking six singles RBW there are SIX times the possibility of run out chances. Somehow people has this GLORIFIED version of rbw.

Again the dumb puritan/calvinistic mindset. As long as un' yiez sufferin' it duzzn mattah.

(By the way, this is my general statement about anything in life. Usually tha lazy person who goes on to invent things in our society. Not the moron who mindlessly lays bricks. But somehow 5 singles is seen more "virtuous" than a four + 1.)

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 25, 2021, 02:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Liton is of a different breed I think. My main qualm is people like Shamim will praise a batsman if he rotates the strike and takes six singles, instead of someone who plays defensive shots to good deliveries as "wasting" 5 straight deliveries eventhough he hits a six at the last ball.

I personally hate this calvinistic/puritan concept that this hack pompously preaches. That is SO outdated model and concept. No wonder we suck at T20.

Point being. If a batsman is a run getter it does not matter how the run comes. Just like a firm values a person who rains in most cash and check at the end of the year, a team should always prioritze the highest run getters.

Ideally a team think tank should give a rats a88 how the runs are made as long as they are coming. This is why NZ, SA, Aus can breed ballsy players like Gilchrist, McCullum, ABD, Alex Hales, Finch, Maxie. Because you don't have moron commentators like Shamim Chowdhury in their culture constantly nattering and micromanaging every single deliveries like an impatient manager in Staples. People in those counties knows when to loosen the leash, trust the players and tighten the grip when needed.

Now granted the pitch was bit difficult. So that is something I am willing to consider although it becomes very 'abstract' and 'invisible' typing behind the screen staying at home 5000 miles away from stadium for me.

But what do you get? People somehow praising a 60-ball 40 or something of that nature instead of a flashy 70 or 80 wasting least deliveries which sets up the platform and foundation.

Also, ONLY a moron will take chances RBW. If you are taking six singles RBW there are SIX times the possibility of run out chances. Somehow people has this GLORIFIED version of rbw.

Again the dumb puritan/calvinistic mindset. As long as un' yiez sufferin' it duzzn mattah.

(By the way, this is my general statement about anything in life. Usually tha lazy person who goes on to invent things in our society. Not the moron who mindlessly lays bricks. But somehow 5 singles is seen more "virtuous" than a four + 1.)
Yes, you are right. Tamim batting approach is so outdated like when 250 was a winning score.

We had so many wickets in the end but still only few overs left. We need a Roy/Bairstow type of openers.

At the end of day, we are just used to mediocrity since our days of being a minnow.
Old January 25, 2021, 03:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Yes, Strike rate matters a lot in limited overs cricket. Even in Batting pitches our players struggle to score at a good rate. That will always be a headache.
Old January 25, 2021, 03:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:

Old January 25, 2021, 04:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Did anyone watch the WI innings? Was there any noticeable improvement in Taskin's bowling?
Old January 25, 2021, 08:33 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Did anyone watch the WI innings? Was there any noticeable improvement in Taskin's bowling?
Taskin's line and length on most part was accurate and continuously bowling around 140 KPH. Once it touched 142 KPH+. His deliveries were asking questions. He looked pretty fit. Although only 1 wicket doesn't completely reflect his performance. It apperas that he was really working hard to go back to his ownself. Encouraging signs to get back the fast and threatening bowler Taskin, he once was known.
Old January 25, 2021, 09:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Why does Saifuddin open the bowling? Shouldn't our faster bowler like Taskin open the bowling?

Saifuddin is an all-rounder. Why is he being treated as a strike bowler?
Old January 25, 2021, 09:55 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Why does Saifuddin open the bowling? Shouldn't our faster bowler like Taskin open the bowling?

Saifuddin is an all-rounder. Why is he being treated as a strike bowler?
He gets movement with the new ball, has good control over line and length and bowls great yorkers. I think he is the 2nd best pace option after fizz
Old January 25, 2021, 10:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
He looked a lot like his usual self. He bowled a lot of good balls with a few bad ones in between. His pace was really up there, even reaching almost 146 KPH at times. These are encouraging signs and I believe that you need to be able to bowl 140+ at times especially overseas.
Old January 26, 2021, 01:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Good win Tigers!

Points on the table.
Nothing against WI team; this is not the WI team that we should have faced. May be the sun will shine again when they are in full strength. Question: WI leagues, do they play one day cricket or just T20 and 3 day'ers?
Old January 26, 2021, 01:28 AM

Quote:
If by improvement you mean increase in pace then yes.. its evident. He is back to bowling consistently over 140 and some of his deliveries looked very deadly. Did he get better in terms of consistency? Probably but it wasn't evident for his first comeback game. He had his usual pressure release deliveries which he got away most of the time due to the opposition.

I would still like to back him up as you don't see seamers in Bangladesh ever working towards increasing their pace. Taskin is clearly focused on becoming that express bowler and I think he will improve more in terms of consistency.
Old January 26, 2021, 01:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
If by improvement you mean increase in pace then yes.. its evident. He is back to bowling consistently over 140 and some of his deliveries looked very deadly. Did he get better in terms of consistency? Probably but it wasn't evident for his first comeback game. He had his usual pressure release deliveries which he got away most of the time due to the opposition.

I would still like to back him up as you don't see seamers in Bangladesh ever working towards increasing their pace. Taskin is clearly focused on becoming that express bowler and I think he will improve more in terms of consistency.
Taskin has physique and pace of Aus bowlers like Hazelwood. Why isn't he half as good?
Old January 26, 2021, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Taskin has physique and pace of Aus bowlers like Hazelwood. Why isn't he half as good?
Cause he isnt Australian
Old January 26, 2021, 02:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Cause he isnt Australian
Lmao, case closed
Old January 26, 2021, 11:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Hazlewood has the same physique as Taskin, why is he twice the good