facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive)

FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive) Biggest sporting event in the world. This is time for the sky high excitement.

Old July 7, 2006, 10:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib
Default Roberto Carlos in action, when France scored against Brazil

Just look at the way Roberto Carlos is moving... or resting!!!!
(got these pictures in my email)

Last edited by cricket_pagol; July 7, 2006 at 11:47 AM..

Old July 7, 2006, 11:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Nice Pictures!!
Amazing Description!!

Ah...those brazillians...they crack me up!!!

Last edited by babubangla; July 7, 2006 at 11:06 AM..
Old July 7, 2006, 11:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Old July 7, 2006, 11:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Hi cricket_pagol, I took the pictures you poste and made an animated gif. Here it is:

Old July 7, 2006, 11:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Animated GIF looks really cool!!! Thanks Babubangla
Old July 7, 2006, 12:42 PM
Cricket Legend

are you sure this is not done using photoshop or some other image editing software to put the same image of carlos in diferrent frames?
Old July 7, 2006, 12:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

no allrounder.. He was pretty much resting like that. Saw it in video. I feel bad for him, his career shouldn't end like this. He IS old and he should have sat out after half if he thought he can't give his best. You know, It's only a 8 sec difference.
Old July 7, 2006, 01:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Chinaman put a thread up like this Selecao's selective lapse
Old July 7, 2006, 01:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Just a moment of tiredness and lapse of concentration saw France beating Brazil in quarterfinal.... you need luck in worldcup and Brazil is never known for their luck... remember 1986 or 1990 not sure brazil vs argentina when brazil played 88 mins and argentina played 2 mins and scored a goal...
Old July 7, 2006, 02:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

There wasn't any fault on Roberto Carlos. Get it people!!! (If you have any sense) The second half just got started. How can he be tired and play the rest of the match?

There were nine guys in the line. Right before the kick 3 of them thought we need to stay with our man, why? I have no clue. I am sure the strategy was to stick to their position. Look at it again, if you don't believe me. 4 french players would be clear offside if those three did n't follow their gut instinct.

my issue is not that. My issue is Brazil didn't play like brazil. They all stood around and didn't move. Couldn't score a goal. France played better. Could have scored another goal in the dying minutes. they had better chances. end of story, I have to sit on this for the next four years.
Old July 7, 2006, 05:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_eye
There wasn't any fault on Roberto Carlos. Get it people!!! (If you have any sense) The second half just got started. How can he be tired and play the rest of the match?

There were nine guys in the line. Right before the kick 3 of them thought we need to stay with our man, why? I have no clue. I am sure the strategy was to stick to their position. Look at it again, if you don't believe me. 4 french players would be clear offside if those three did n't follow their gut instinct.

my issue is not that. My issue is Brazil didn't play like brazil. They all stood around and didn't move. Couldn't score a goal. France played better. Could have scored another goal in the dying minutes. they had better chances. end of story, I have to sit on this for the next four years.
Very Poorly planned offside trap (if they were going for a offside trap)... it kinda highlights how brazil played during that match. I think the older players in the Brazilian team were more responsible then other, especially Roberto Carlos and Cafu played below par. kaka also had a bad game, i think it's due to his injury. The coach should have been smart enough to replace these players by halftime, but instead he waited until Brazil conceded a goal.
Old July 7, 2006, 06:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

brazil paid the prize of playing unfit players. cafu, carlos should have retired long ago and their coach should have played robinho for much longer period. but whats done is done and lets hope brazil wins the next worldcup
Old July 7, 2006, 06:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Great job by cricket pagol and babubangla! I think it was not only R.Carlos mistake... Brasil central defenders should have been checking the ball when it was clear it was going to cross the whole area... anyway the damage is done and Brasil are the great losers of this world cup as they really had an "all stars" team! They also missed chance to pay back France for wc98 final.
If I have to choose one brasilian player that really disappointed me in this world cup he must surely be Ronaldinho. The best player in the world didn't show to be a match-winner... maybe he's only good in making tv-ads!
Old July 9, 2006, 05:08 AM
Cricket Legend

u cant blame it only on age, france probably have more aging players than brazil. who would have replaced carlos anyway? besides i can remember a similar goal which mexico scored against argentina. It is easy to find excuses, but in the end you have to admit france was just too good for brazil.
Old July 9, 2006, 09:45 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

its all conspiracy against Brazil...

A secret organisation, calls themselves "Congregation of Con-artist of Conspiration of European Conspirators" CCCEC ( pronounced as Chi Chi Chi, Eh Chi) has conspired, collaborating with other organisation called "FIFA" and "European Union" to keep the cup in Europe, so that no latin american team can take the cup away fm their land...

4 European teams in the semis...

ki mone korsen bhai ... amra ki kisui buji na ??

and now they r coming up with all sorta of weird vdo's and imaginary figures to justify their plans has worked...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old July 9, 2006, 10:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
its all conspiracy against Brazil...

A secret organisation, calls themselves "Congregation of Con-artist of Conspiration of European Conspirators" CCCEC ( pronounced as Chi Chi Chi, Eh Chi) has conspired, collaborating with other organisation called "FIFA" and "European Union" to keep the cup in Europe, so that no latin american team can take the cup away fm their land...
I wouldnt be surprised if some Bangladeshis actually believe this. I did hear similar conspiracy theories saying Brazill will never be allowed to win World CUp in Europe
Old July 9, 2006, 10:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
I wouldnt be surprised if some Bangladeshis actually believe this. I did hear similar conspiracy theories saying Brazill will never be allowed to win World CUp in Europe
And things like..Ronaldo was drugged to help France win WC :duh: