facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 7, 2009, 02:30 PM
Cricket Legend

I hope ICC will now think of giving back the test status to ZIMBABWE as early as possible....we need nearer opposition like ZIMBABWE more often along with playing top test playing nations. glad to see stronger ZIMBABWE team....we always wish a good fight!

Old August 7, 2009, 02:41 PM
Club Cricketer

I am backing Zim to lift the trophy in this encounter. They have always been a better side than BD. Their government has actually halted their progression in cricket. They were a formidable side during Flowers, Campbell, Brandes, Houghton days..
Old August 7, 2009, 03:00 PM
Cricket Legend

I am worried about BD's pace attack... ZIm won't be so weak againt spin attack like Windies A team. But Bangladesh should still win the series.
Old August 7, 2009, 03:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
This is why I've been looking forward to this series more than the ODIs in the WI. If we manage to win it, by even 4 - 1, we will have done very well.
my sentiments exactly.

we will do well to even win 3-2, but you know what. the cricketing world, led by its de facto indo-pak leaders to go along with the traditionally racist and elitist brit-aussie alliance will ridicule us even if we win 3-2.

my only hope is that the same zimbabwe team starts beating other top 8 sides every now and then. thats the only thing which will save our faces.

now that i think of it, weaker zim teams have beaten Ausralia in a 20-20, beaten WI at home, and nearly had SL on the ropes 3-2. it would be idiotic to underestimate this ZIM team.

however, i still back us to lift the Grameenphone Cup on august 18.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 7, 2009, 03:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

I hope the BD team doesn't take ZIM lightly. I expect close games but I do expect a series win. I'm hoping the 3rd win will come by the 4th match and we won't have to sweat out the series till the final match. Anything more is a bonus and anything less would be grounds for concern.
Old August 7, 2009, 03:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Since this Zim squad is really strong, I say we win the series 5-0. Now if they were weaker like in the past few years, we would only win 3-2. Figure that one out...
Old August 7, 2009, 03:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro1249
Since this Zim squad is really strong, I say we win the series 5-0. Now if they were weaker like in the past few years, we would only win 3-2. Figure that one out...
Rommel is right...we tend to take our opponents quite lightly(Ashraful and a few others) when on paper, they are labeled weak and fragile due to supreme arrogant attitude.

when we take on superstrong opponent we tend to do quite well...
Old August 7, 2009, 04:22 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fischer
I am backing Zim to lift the trophy in this encounter. They have always been a better side than BD. Their government has actually halted their progression in cricket. They were a formidable side during Flowers, Campbell, Brandes, Houghton days..
Things are quiet heating up in here by the way, I am eagerly looking forward to BD lifting up the trophy for us.
Old August 7, 2009, 04:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Rommel is right...we tend to take our opponents quite lightly(Ashraful and a few others) when on paper, they are labeled weak and fragile due to supreme arrogant attitude.

when we take on superstrong opponent we tend to do quite well...
The question is, do our players know this Zim team is much stronger than before.....did they do their home work or are they still basking in the glory of winning against a much weaker WI team?
Old August 7, 2009, 04:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
The question is, do our players know this Zim team is much stronger than before.....did they do their home work or are they still basking in the glory of winning against a much weaker WI team?
good point.
Old August 7, 2009, 04:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Haven't seen fan excitement over ZIM like this before.

Does this mean a century in this series counts unlike the three by SN?

this is tier 2 international cricket at its best
Old August 7, 2009, 04:38 PM
Test Cricketer

WOW....very very strong team.....if our batting does not click....we may loose by 0-5 or 1-4

I did not notice the names of the Zim squad before....well no doubt it would be one heck of a series....Good Luck to both teams
"It is Allah who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and [the souls] of those that do not die during their sleep. He retains those souls for which He has ordained death, whereas He releases the rest for an appointed term. Verily, in this are signs for a people who think deeply." (39:42)
Old August 7, 2009, 04:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
Haven't seen fan excitement over ZIM like this before.

Does this mean a century in this series counts unlike the three by SN?

this is tier 2 international cricket at its best
I think it is because everyone realizes that we need to play well in this series to build on the success in the Carribean. If we falter, we are pretty much back to square one. Plus we realize that Zimbabwe is no push over. They played great against us in Dhaka. Hopefully we can continue our good form of late and win this series by hopefully at least a 4-1 margin.
Old August 7, 2009, 04:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mridul
WOW....very very strong team.....if our batting does not click....we may loose by 0-5 or 1-4

I did not notice the names of the Zim squad before....well no doubt it would be one heck of a series....Good Luck to both teams
Now that seems like a stretch to me. Yes this Zimbabwe side is better than it has been in a long time but they are still NOT better than us. We are still the favorites imo. There is no chance in hell we lose 1-4 or 0-5.
Old August 7, 2009, 05:03 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Man this team is still no where near Andy, Grant, Heath, and so on.
Old August 7, 2009, 05:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro1249
Now that seems like a stretch to me. Yes this Zimbabwe side is better than it has been in a long time but they are still NOT better than us. We are still the favorites imo. There is no chance in hell we lose 1-4 or 0-5.

what made u say this? can u jusify? may be we r slightly better....but not too much....these Zim players are talented enough to beat any team.....but they also have same virus as us....none of the players are consistant enough
"It is Allah who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and [the souls] of those that do not die during their sleep. He retains those souls for which He has ordained death, whereas He releases the rest for an appointed term. Verily, in this are signs for a people who think deeply." (39:42)
Old August 7, 2009, 05:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

no disrespect to ZIM but I am looking at this purely from a Bangladeshi fan's POV.

We are looking at going up the ladder in world cricket. At this juncture if we get intimidated by Zim(does not matter what kind of team they put up), then thats taking a step backwards. Nothing less than 4-1 in the ODI series will suffice and would be a failure as far as I am concerned. I am happy to see ZIM cricket is coming along nicely after all the trumoil but please this is no Australia or Sri Lanka.
Old August 7, 2009, 06:55 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

We will win by 4-1 thats for sure, doesnt matter how strong Zim are.
Old August 7, 2009, 07:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

Sean Ervine married Rod Marsh's daughter and is trying to qualify for England now so i doubt we shall ever see him back in Zimbabwe team again

i have seen him play he was a fantastic batsman..... i was confusing him with seam williams...
Old August 7, 2009, 07:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Imagine where Zim would have gone with the Flowers, Heath and friends.

As for this series, it'll be close. Hopefully BD doesnt underestimate their opposition.
Old August 7, 2009, 07:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

Omio
Cricket Legend Join Date: February 26, 2006
Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will win by 4-1 thats for sure, doesnt matter how strong Zim are.
Old August 7, 2009, 09:42 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rohan Kanhai

zimfan,

I agree, but Taibu would make it better.
Old August 7, 2009, 09:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Besides Taibu, return of Barney Rogers should further strengthen Zimbabwe.

Where is Dion Ebrahim and Travis Friend? Any chance Gavin Ewing may change his mind and come back to Zimbabwe?
Old August 8, 2009, 07:01 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Taylor’s absence from the training squad had been criticised in some quarters as a dent on team spirit, especially at a time the team is trying to use collective effort against a Bangladesh side touring on the back of a historic Test and ODI series win over a weakened West Indies side.
Here we go. It starts. How long before we see another exodus by Zims best players.

Quote:
The biggest casualty was Forster Mutizwa, the promising wicketkeeper batsman who came to the fore in the 5-0 whitewash of Kenya.

Not that many countries in the world axe one of their best batsman from the immediate previous series, and Mutizwa has every reason to feel hard done by; moreso when you consider that there are three batsmen in the team, Chamu Chibhabha, Charles Coventry and Malcolm Waller, who had an equal if not lesser chance of making the side.
So you drop your in form player so that you can get few of the old lads in. Thank god he is not playing.

Source: http://www.thezimbabweindependent.co...roaring-tigers

Last edited by MohammedC; August 8, 2009 at 10:21 AM..
Old August 8, 2009, 11:17 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

This puts a new light on the whole series. I feel for some of the folks who are feeling HIGH from beating WI B recently. This Zimbabwe team is much tougher then that, specially in batting. That's obviously a concern because we don't have Masri. I'm rooting for a 4-1, however, it will be tough.