facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 30, 2011, 11:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Shakib and Tamim are probably the richest Bangladeshi cricketers. I am pretty sure the rest of the jokers don't make half of what these two are earning.

Old August 31, 2011, 02:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

personally, shakib is the richest. tamim might be richer because he comes from a wealthier family
Old August 31, 2011, 05:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Well, to think of it, Bangladeshi cricketers retire at a very young age. So, in this short tenure of 10 years or so...(15-20 at most maybe?) even if they earn a lot, its not that much on the context of their whole life. Besides, how many cricketers can establish themselves in our country? So, even if they earn plenty, I really don't mind PROVIDED they perform. (Which most of our players are not doing right now...)
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old August 31, 2011, 06:18 AM
First Class Cricketer

Cricket is a professional sport, so the cricketers are getting paid what the market values them as. It does not matter we 'fans' thinks crickets should get paid, are getting paid/overpaid/underpaid. BCB pays according to what BCB thinks national players should get. Club teams pay according to demand. It is a market. It is funny some people complain about high payments for players (with relatively less educational background). Demand and suppply rule the world.

In many countires hands-on jobs (e.g. plumbers, electricians) have higher hourly rate then many white-collar jobs. Why? Market, demand.

We also should not forget that to be a cricket of this caliber one has to work quite hard...
Old August 31, 2011, 06:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

It is a bit unfair to judge our cricketer's income to an English cricketer's income purely because they belong to different countries and different markets. I haven't been to Bangladesh in a while, but I would assume 1lac/month is still regarded as a well above average income, something most our cricketers get paid from BCB every month. On top of that our players get match fees, DPL/T20 league payments, endorsements etc etc. So comparing to Bangladeshi context, I think our players earn a very handsome paycheque.
Old August 31, 2011, 07:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Getting a Man of the match award is $1000 right? And the National GDP per Capita is $638... Your automatically better of than 60% of the population.
Old September 2, 2011, 06:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

It ails me to see Zimbos making a spirited comeback to the international scene despite their players barely making any money compared to our cricketers. Hell...some of them don't seem to know when/for how long they'll be getting a pay check. And yet they've managed a tremendous turnaround while we've steadily regressed. tsk tsk