facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 17, 2020, 07:14 AM
Cricket Legend

LOL title of the thread vs the message ... Bruh!

Old March 17, 2020, 08:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

All these Italian kamlas are flying back en masse now and the only cases in BD were thanks to them.
Rather than being in self-isolation, these aholes are roaming around without a care.

They got into fights with Police at the Hajj camp and then Military police had to take over.

A Qatar airways flight ignored the ban and tried to land in Dhaka yesterday. After 1 1/2 hrs of standoff, Qatari govt called BD and they were then allowed to land. IMO, must have threatened us - namtey na diley kalkei shob Bangali bair koira dimu amago desh thaika ar kokhono toderkey ashtey dimu na!

Qatar airways have now cancelled all flights to/fro BD
Old March 18, 2020, 11:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
All these Italian kamlas are flying back en masse now and the only cases in BD were thanks to them.
Rather than being in self-isolation, these aholes are roaming around without a care.

They got into fights with Police at the Hajj camp and then Military police had to take over.

A Qatar airways flight ignored the ban and tried to land in Dhaka yesterday. After 1 1/2 hrs of standoff, Qatari govt called BD and they were then allowed to land. IMO, must have threatened us - namtey na diley kalkei shob Bangali bair koira dimu amago desh thaika ar kokhono toderkey ashtey dimu na!

Qatar airways have now cancelled all flights to/fro BD
I hear people are gathering in masses to pray, partying hard for the nation's father's bday, coming up with idiotic home remedies, etc
Old March 18, 2020, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
I achieved absolutely nothing in life. Was gonna die a loser anyways. Meh.
How could you have forgotten me my friend!?
Old March 18, 2020, 11:33 PM

My prayers are with you all - stay at home if your are feeling not well, save yourself and others by not spreading the virus.
Old March 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
My prayers are with you all - stay at home if your are feeling not well, save yourself and others by not spreading the virus.
If you are religious, pray at home. Don't be like these modons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZC49Utv49U
Old March 22, 2020, 08:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Apart from Biman flying from London, all other airlines banned from landing in BD.
Ekhon ?
Old March 22, 2020, 11:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Some truly idiotic posts (especially the OP and his follow-ups) on a thread about the most serious crisis humanity has faced in generations.
Old March 23, 2020, 08:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Some truly idiotic posts (especially the OP and his follow-ups) on a thread about the most serious crisis humanity has faced in generations.
OP is busy counting his money till coronavirus bites OP up the rear end.
Old March 23, 2020, 09:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
OP is busy counting his money till coronavirus bites OP up the rear end.
Wont matter if your mortgage is zero percent interest, if you have no job to pay it
Old March 23, 2020, 12:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Apparently one of the BD ministers said COVID won't be able to do anything while we have Sheikh Hasina

It's like we slowly turning into North Korea with the brainwashing of the masses leading to a rabid fascination and worshiping of Hasina and her family as if she's a mythical being. Not to mention a useless celebratory event for Mujib's 100th birthday that was planned as if we're some sort of cult.
Old March 23, 2020, 12:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Apparently one of the BD ministers said COVID won't be able to do anything while we have Sheikh Hasina

It's like we slowly turning into North Korea with the brainwashing of the masses leading to a rabid fascination and worshiping of Hasina and her family as if she's a mythical being. Not to mention a useless celebratory event for Mujib's 100th birthday that was planned as if we're some sort of cult.
LMAO yeah i remember reading it. The shipping minister or whoever it is. The health minister sounds like a moron aswell. Why does people all over the country go gagagoogoo over idiots like this?
Old March 23, 2020, 02:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
Wont matter if your mortgage is zero percent interest, if you have no job to pay it
Why would mortgage be 0 percent?

"Zero percent interest" is to encourage people to invest their money instead of saving it in the bank. Due to inflation, money loses its value with time. If you are not receiving any interest on the money you saved, than it is better that you invest that money. That is the whole idea behind 0% interest rate. I can assure you that no sane mortgage company would ever lend you at 0% interest.
Old March 23, 2020, 03:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName

Imagine BD investing 400 crore on "Mujib year" celebration.
Global recession is already here and priorities of some of these politicians are elsewhere.

Same goes for people's fascination of praying in mosques. So much power is now in the hands of the Mullahs that government cannot FORCE people to close mosques. Best they can do is to RECOMMEND people to pray from home.

For the love of God please stop going to mosque and instead pray that the infidels can discover a vaccine,.... so that you can go back to your mosque once the crisis is over and pray for the infidels to die.
Old March 23, 2020, 08:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
In his defense I do not think he understood the severity of it when he posted it as it was not at pandemic state. Market reacts early.

We human have a bias thinking that bad things won't happen to us. I think his titleing of the thread was wrong. Everyone thought it would be about the virus but it turned out about him buying a new house. I think he was just excited.

Now probably realized oh **** this virus actually kills ppl.
Old March 24, 2020, 06:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

What about Covid-19 in bangladesh ?
Old March 24, 2020, 12:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb

Now probably realized oh **** this virus actually kills ppl.
sorry for the dumb question:

Does virus really kill people or is it the inability of your immune system to fight it off? From what I understand of the HIV virus: is that you don't die from HIV but your immune system gets so weak trying to fight the HIV before it's too late that you end up dying from something else like common cold or fever. Is it possible that you get a virus so deadly that you have a perfectly healthy person, doesn't smoke, doesn't drink alcohol and is in great health and leads a very healthy and active lifestyle but all of a sudden gets attacked by that deadly virus and suddenly dies(within a certain time frame like some weeks or months after contracting the virus)? is that common? or is there more to it?
Old March 24, 2020, 12:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo

For the love of God please stop going to mosque and instead pray that the infidels can discover a vaccine,.... so that you can go back to your mosque once the crisis is over and pray for the infidels to die.
I understand that This is not the thread or the time to discuss this, but Believers do not pray for people to die, we actually pray for guidance for ourselves and all of mankind.

BTW, this is an extremely offensive message and post....just FYI...
Old March 24, 2020, 02:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
sorry for the dumb question:

Does virus really kill people or is it the inability of your immune system to fight it off? From what I understand of the HIV virus: is that you don't die from HIV but your immune system gets so weak trying to fight the HIV before it's too late that you end up dying from something else like common cold or fever. Is it possible that you get a virus so deadly that you have a perfectly healthy person, doesn't smoke, doesn't drink alcohol and is in great health and leads a very healthy and active lifestyle but all of a sudden gets attacked by that deadly virus and suddenly dies(within a certain time frame like some weeks or months after contracting the virus)? is that common? or is there more to it?
I am not sure sure what you trying to get at. It's not a dumb question. Your question is a degree in cell biology. Regardless of the different pathophysilogy of a virus replication in host, I would not say that the virus itself wasn't the cause of death.

The cause of death would be from Acute REspiratory distress Syndrome/REspiratory failure. Sure many things can cause this but we know this virus can cause it. Most ppl infected with COVID-19 wouldn't be in this state if they didn't get the infection if that makes any sense.

Anyways, covid-19 causes ARDS by taking over host cells releasing immunological markers that in turn causes your body to release all sorts of immunological response causing impaired gas exchange in your lung. So yes it can happen to an otherwise healthy young person.

If you want to get into nitty gritty details, there is a nice 50 mins youtube video. I don't think you would get any better explanation. This is a whole cell biology course.

Old March 25, 2020, 08:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Thanks for the explanation iDumb. From what my Pharmacist/Pre-med/Biology major friends tell me to summarize, Each virus is different and not all viruses are treated the same. On that note, Every human body is different and Different viruses will impact different people in various ways.

Also, Modern Science still doesn't 100% understand every intricate details of the immune system.

I was naive enough to go to work last week to find it completely empty and everything super sanitized. But this week, since things escalated and over 5000 people died worldwide and even. in NYC hospitals situation looks pretty dire, I have decided to stay home and suck it up...
Old March 26, 2020, 08:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Every human body is different and Different viruses will impact different people in various ways.
that is absolutely right and you don't know how it will affect you. The thing is you may be fine and get away with a simple cold like symptoms for couple of days but you however become a potential source to infect someone who will not be so lucky and will end up dying. Do you want that on your conscience? That's why if you have an option to stay home and work. I suggest you take that. No hand shake, no hugging, and I don't want to say this but it is probably a good idea to refrain from group prayers - time to connect to God on own.

I am in front line and I am seeing that top small percentage who are getting super sick.. I am not allowing anyone in my family who is older to come anywhere near me anytime soon. I just hope they don't catch it from somewhere else.

I am exposed to this virus constantly every single day. But that's my job. If I had a job where there is option to stay home and stay away from ppl - just bymyself - I would feel extremely lucky.

anyways stay safe. And don't take it lightly. Like i said majority of you will probably be ok but you can't guarantee that you won't be the cause of someone dying or getting super sick.
Old March 26, 2020, 08:50 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb

I am in front line and I am seeing that top small percentage who are getting super sick.. I am not allowing anyone in my family who is older to come anywhere near me anytime soon. I just hope they don't catch it from somewhere else.

I am exposed to this virus constantly every single day. But that's my job. If I had a job where there is option to stay home and stay away from ppl - just bymyself - I would feel extremely lucky.

anyways stay safe. And don't take it lightly. Like i said majority of you will probably be ok but you can't guarantee that you won't be the cause of someone dying or getting super sick.

We should be thanking the doctors, nurses, and other medical personnel who are on the front line of the war against corona. You guys are the heroes in this war, knowingly putting your life at risk to save lives. You guys are working tirelessly round the clock as hospitals are getting swamped by patients. I hope and pray that you come out of this safely as a conqueror.

I miss normal life. I miss going to work on a crowded subway, I miss my morning chit chat with coworkers. But I am glad that I am home and not outside. Hope things will get better soon and we get back to our normal lives
Old March 26, 2020, 09:43 AM
Cricket Sage

All CT masjid to my knowledge was closed since last Saturday, and even the week before that, overwhelming majority of masjids suspended jumaa prayer.

I can't overstate this enough. a simple thank you is not enough to all doctors, nurses, laborers and workers out there who is keeping society afloat
Old March 27, 2020, 02:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I have decided to stay home and suck it up...
Watch Cat fashion show:

Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old March 28, 2020, 07:49 AM
Test Cricketer

https://www.covidvisualizer.com/