facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 18, 2011, 11:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

The West Indies heard about a local restaurant which specializes in Caribbean food, and wanted to get there quick.

Old October 18, 2011, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
The West Indies heard about a local restaurant which specializes in Caribbean food, and wanted to get there quick.
Or as Shakib would say, "Shunsilam oikhane laaans ta bhalo silo".
Old October 18, 2011, 11:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
Makes sense. In this situation we should have two ODIs in Chittagong and one in Dhaka.
And the first 2 matches should be played in ZACS. After BD wins the first 2 of a 3 one-day series, they should still win the 3rd one because it's a dead rubber.....and that my friend is how you execute a Banglawash.
Old October 18, 2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
We won because opponents took us lightly in the most unimportant match .... We did win two unimportant ODIs against Zim also.
I would say we won because our players were relaxed and wasn't in mental pressure being a dead rubber.

If, we could get a good psychiatrist for our kids, we could take down any opponent/s in the world cricket IMHO.
Old October 18, 2011, 12:15 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
And the first 2 matches should be played in ZACS. After BD wins the first 2 of a 3 one-day series, they should still win the 3rd one because it's a dead rubber.....and that my friend is how you execute a Banglawash.
I think we have a psychiatrist. May be he is not effective.
Old October 18, 2011, 12:19 PM
Club Cricketer

Kieron Pollard West Indies superhero thought he can make 300 hundreds runs, but he was low on battery

Sorry bro next time re-charge in advances.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/536261.html
Old October 18, 2011, 12:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I also liked Mushy's attacking intent. HaBa would never had the balls to set such close fielders even after the 9th wicket.
Old October 18, 2011, 12:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

As Gavaskar would say, "They wanted to catch the 11 o'clock show." Not the 6 o'clock, not the 3 o'clock but 11am show.
+++
Banfan, enjoy the good days a little. No one wants to take the Gaaas off and get embarrased. Pessimism can lead to depression. That would lead to Health care bills. Which ... more depression. By the way, just for your information in 2009, BD won four ODI series in a row. We are way past winning the dead rubber games.
Old October 18, 2011, 12:47 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

we can thank the covers..zim got bundled out the same way because of them
Old October 18, 2011, 01:28 PM
Banned

Winning toss'Favourable pitch, less rubbish players in the team ie ashraful, naeem and rubel, oppotents mentality and ofcourse the blessings of Allah

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 18, 2011, 01:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

because the team ate fresh shutkis before the match!!
Old October 18, 2011, 02:30 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
because the team ate fresh shutkis before the match!!
Is it Roop Chanda or 'loitta'!!!
Old October 18, 2011, 02:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
Is it Roop Chanda or 'loitta'!!!
Hhehehe mama Chepaa othoba Suri Shutki money hoi...!!

Ashole mama ami khub gobhir chinta korey dekhlum aar bujhlum ei Baro(12) Auliar des Chittagong, er upor Allah-er ekta different kind of Barkot-i achey bujha jai!! + Shagorer mreedoo fresh nuna batash, sun set...montakei ekebarey refresh /furfura korey dei...team jitbe naa keno...na jitte chaileo jitey jawar kotha.
Old October 18, 2011, 03:24 PM
Cricket Savant

...because shamim changed jersey?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 18, 2011, 03:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Hhehehe mama Chepaa othoba Suri Shutki money hoi...!!

Ashole mama ami khub gobhir chinta korey dekhlum aar bujhlum ei Baro(12) Auliar des Chittagong, er upor Allah-er ekta different kind of Barkot-i achey bujha jai!! + Shagorer mreedoo fresh nuna batash, sun set...montakei ekebarey refresh /furfura korey dei...team jitbe naa keno...na jitte chaileo jitey jawar kotha.
LMAO....classic!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 18, 2011, 03:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
I would say we won because our players were relaxed and wasn't in mental pressure being a dead rubber.

If, we could get a good psychiatrist for our kids, we could take down any opponent/s in the world cricket IMHO.
That's also one of the probable reasons.

And amongst other reasons as others mention, I also agree to:

1. Favorable pitch conditions
2. Pacers picking wickets at the top
3. All the bowlers bowled well and picked wicket

@ TE, Despite all the reasons, I'm enjoying the victory and revenge of 58 ... We had a party here ... but don't find reasons to go overboard after winning a match in dead rubber. Celebration of such scale for winning a dead rubber, shows that we haven't gone past the era yet... And you know what those four series were.

I'm never a pessimist, ask GB/ZM, he should be sharpening his knife for my series win statement after losing first ODI ... I'm that much optimistic. And my hope for Ash should also go as extreme optimism... And ... @ ZM, The test series is still remaining, so still we have a chance of winning this tour if we can win the test series .... This tour is now tied 1-1 series
Old October 18, 2011, 03:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Don't care much for the reasons but here is what I did like about this ODI and some of the reasons apply throughout the series as well:

1. Playing of all four of the bench players in the dead rubber game. Not sure if this is Mushy or Law behind it but that was a good move and message to non-performers as compared to before. Nazmul, Shuvo, Hom and Nafees came to prove a point. The first two succeeded, Hom didn't get the opportunity and Nafees failed. But they got the chance.

2. Mushy's captaincy. Aggressive, attempt to win. batting PP in ODI 1, rotation of bowlers (T20 included), field setting. Its really hard to blame the 2 losses on strategy unike our past three years where the strategy was to prevent dishonorable defeats and grab the win should it happen to become available.

3. Good opening spell (3rd ODI only) I've always felt that Rubel and Shafi do better when the ball is a bit older. Nazmul maybe the 2007 Rasel. Now to find that 2007 strike Mashrafe.

4. Tamim got his first Not Out. Maybe he is over his obhiman and can play for Mushy. I really felt Tamim had a personal agenda in games 1 and 2 and approached the game the exact opposite way the team needed him to.

5. Shakib back among the wickets. If the other bowlers can manage early top order breakthroughs, Shakib can clean up the tail with ease.
Old October 18, 2011, 05:46 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
That's also one of the probable reasons.

And amongst other reasons as others mention, I also agree to:

1. Favorable pitch conditions
2. Pacers picking wickets at the top
3. All the bowlers bowled well and picked wicket

@ TE, Despite all the reasons, I'm enjoying the victory and revenge of 58 ... We had a party here ... but don't find reasons to go overboard after winning a match in dead rubber. Celebration of such scale for winning a dead rubber, shows that we haven't gone past the era yet... And you know what those four series were.

I'm never a pessimist, ask GB/ZM, he should be sharpening his knife for my series win statement after losing first ODI ... I'm that much optimistic. And my hope for Ash should also go as extreme optimism... And ... @ ZM, The test series is still remaining, so still we have a chance of winning this tour if we can win the test series .... This tour is now tied 1-1 series
I think we need to be honest. The pitch played a massive part in this win due the amount of turn, the slowness of the pitch and the low, low bounce. Thankfully, it went in Bangladesh's favour.

I was trying to explain this to fans in the chat room during the game because certain people there were getting blinded by the win of a match when the series was over.

The boys bowled superbly so let's not hide that fact. However it does seem that a match lasting just 40 overs or so, when 12 wickets fell, is not what you want from ODI matches.

Unlike the 58 all out on a very good batting track in Mirpur we posted, this 61 all out can be accredited to a very very difficult pitch to bat on. Even in the 8 wicket win, no batsmen looked comfortable and had to be very watchful.

I am pleased Shuvo and Nazmul nipped in for some wickets. Well bowled Shakib, too. The ball moved about and spun the entire innings. This is why I say the pitch was the biggest contributing factor. At Chittagong, I can see why the selectors might even consider playing an all spin attack. That cannot really be good for our cricket development, but at least it has given us all something to cheer about.

I just hope it doesn't mask the bigger issues. Knowing Stuart, I am sure it won't and he will not get carried away.
Old October 18, 2011, 05:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
I think we need to be honest. The pitch played a massive part in this win due the amount of turn, the slowness of the pitch and the low, low bounce. Thankfully, it went in Bangladesh's favour.

I was trying to explain this to fans in the chat room during the game because certain people there were getting blinded by the win of a match when the series was over.

The boys bowled superbly so let's not hide that fact. However it does seem that a match lasting just 40 overs or so, when 12 wickets fell, is not what you want from ODI matches.

Unlike the 58 all out on a very good batting track in Mirpur we posted, this 61 all out can be accredited to a very very difficult pitch to bat on. Even in the 8 wicket win, no batsmen looked comfortable and had to be very watchful.

I am pleased Shuvo and Nazmul nipped in for some wickets. Well bowled Shakib, too. The ball moved about and spun the entire innings. This is why I say the pitch was the biggest contributing factor. At Chittagong, I can see why the selectors might even consider playing an all spin attack. That cannot really be good for our cricket development, but at least it has given us all something to cheer about.

I just hope it doesn't mask the bigger issues. Knowing Stuart, I am sure it won't and he will not get carried away.
Right on Coach!
Old October 19, 2011, 06:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

If they had played 2 matches at this ground, would have won the series. Bad pitch preparation at Mirpur, no home advantage. India prepared their pitches to give home advantage to their boys and they have won both ODIs to the English team who crushed them in England.
The curator at Mirpur needs to get sacked.
Old October 19, 2011, 06:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

We need to move our main home pitch to CTW or adapt Mirpur to the same conditions as CTW.

India do this fantastically which is why they have a great record at home.
Old October 19, 2011, 07:32 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

^^ It's not as if India doesn't get flak for doing so. The question is if we can sustain such criticism and if it will affect the prospects of other countries touring BD.
Old October 19, 2011, 12:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

aise nana eikhaneo tar gyaaner bhandar futaite!
Old October 19, 2011, 12:28 PM
Test Cricketer

I was shocked and elated by the attacking fielding set by Mushy. Withdrawal of Nasir who just took two wickets in favor of Sakib was masterful considering two right hander came to bat. It immidiately produced results. For a little man he has big balls.
Old October 19, 2011, 01:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
I think we need to be honest. ....
Since we are being honest coach, what if we lost the toss and sent in to bat first. Would the result be different? I mean could BD stick around all 50 overs?

We did have better bowlers suited to this pitch though.