facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 16, 2010, 10:56 AM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyguy
hey I remembered the last time BD toured NZ they had a left arm seamer who got Fleming out. What happened to him . He seemed like he had reasonable speed 130. Don't remember how well he bowled but what happened to him. BD just cannot persist with Shahadat . i mean its a no brainer. Does not matter what he did against India in one test. He just does not have what it takes. He bowls floaters at 125 km and with no control. The rules don`t change when you go overseas. thing about both Shafiul and Rubel is they bring SOMETHING. Shahdat brings nothing just like Nazmul Rasel etc. BD team obviously did not see this coming but bottom line is if you are desperate and you want to play him only play him in BD conditions slow low pitches and never play him overseas. i`m hoping he is dropped permanently and never brought back. His performance is analogous to Ashraful`s batting. Ashraful will also be dropped once we get a couple of new guys performing more consistently in BD top order.
Wt a day that would be (ASHRAFOOL IS DROPPED)...........
It wont be Ash's EID day, but mine......Muhahahaha....khokho

Old February 16, 2010, 07:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

ashraful stays in the team because of his so called talent not because we don't have better options. the selectors and coaching must think talent=the best option. obivously you need a player to have enough talent but once you've found players with enough talent the best option comes down to consistency, work ethic, attitude etc. talent can open some doors, it shouldn't open all doors, hard work and performance needs to be mandatory criteria as well.

sajidul islam can bowl around 130-140kph pretty consistently from what i've heard, can swing it both ways as well i think. sajidul's problem is the same as most pacer prospects in BD, his line and length isn't consistently good enough but if he gets the proper coaching he could be a international player, same with robin, same with subashis, same with emon, same with robiul etc.

shahadat is in the team because of past performance and experience. he's got 5 wicket hauls before (even if he's inconsistent) and he's shown in the past he can reverse it and he was also pretty quick in the past. but shahadat is kind of like rasel atm, their best weapons of yesteryear are now not quite as good and thus they're not as effective on the park.

Last edited by Gowza; February 16, 2010 at 08:17 PM..
Old February 16, 2010, 08:10 PM
ODI Cricketer

thats no different than shadat except shadat is slow medium pace now so atleast play someone with some pace.
Old February 16, 2010, 08:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyguy
thats no different than shadat except shadat is slow medium pace now so atleast play someone with some pace.
tbf shahadat doesn't get much movement, maybe some reverse swing but doesn't do much with the new ball. time to bring in the sajidul's, subashis's maybe even robin, give emon ahmed a couple more seasons domestically unless he does something stellar because he's still pretty new whereas sajidul, robin and subashis have been around a few seasons now.