facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 20, 2006, 05:41 AM
Banned

Default Bangladesh drugged into oblivion by the ICC ?

Bangladesh completed another complete rout of Kenya just now, in a great mismatch. True, Kenya had a 6-1 record against Bangladesh at the start of this tour but that did not reflect the true current status of the two teams.

Kenya has had so much trouble in their cricket which is completely destroyed now. They are not a shade of what they used to be. They had played very little cricket for almost two years when they arrived in Dhaka. Bangladesh meanwhile had progressed gradually, as would have any team not having had to face the type of situation Zimbabwe or Kenya had faced. This had created a huge gap between Kenya and Bangladesh. So anyone with a brain could predict the results you are experiencing now, without being an astrologer !

Now look at Bangladesh's cricket calendar. How much international cricket Bangladesh has played against worthy opponents in recent times ? It is Sri Lanka and only Sri Lanka. What are the tours for the remainder of this year ? A short tour by the Aussies and nothing until July. Basically, the calendar has yawning gaps.

So while Bangladesh is losing opportunities to play big sides frequently and develop their cricket, they are given series like Kenya to keep them happy. So happy that you will not think or think too much about stark reality.

I know Bangladeshis are celebrating now. A huge 9-wicket win. Following a huge 131-run victory. I don't want to be a spoilsport, but isn't this burying reality ? Kingkong knocking out a monkey is an honour to the latter while it is an insult to the former !

Come on Bangladesh ! Pressurise ICC to get your fair share of good cricket. The Tigers are the rising stars of world cricket and need genuine opportunities to develop and show their colours.

Edited on, March 20, 2006, 10:46 AM GMT, by hkooraham.

Old March 20, 2006, 05:52 AM
First Class Cricketer

aus-sa,nz-wi,sl-pak,ind-eng.........can his royal highness suggest a "test class" team thats not playing at the moment?man...its ez to criticise.
Old March 20, 2006, 05:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

While it is sad that we dont have much cricket against good teams, there is also need to play against teams like Kenya to show the world what difference we have created.

We are playing them after two years .... and if this series was not held ... they would still have the 6-1 advantage and statistics counts .... after this series with an expected white-wash, maybe we will get more cricket with the better teams.
Old March 20, 2006, 06:00 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by prasad
aus-sa,nz-wi,sl-pak,ind-eng.........can his royal highness suggest a "test class" team thats not playing at the moment?man...its ez to criticise.
I think that's what Hook-a-ram is trying to say, buddy. Those test class teams are playing according to a schedule made by the ICC, and that schedule does not include the Tigers. That's the problem. You said it yourself mate.

Indians on the other hand are trying to play it their own way ! May be because they don't think too much about ICC schedules, dudie.
Old March 20, 2006, 06:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by zakirc
While it is sad that we dont have much cricket against good teams, there is also need to play against teams like Kenya to show the world what difference we have created.

We are playing them after two years .... and if this series was not held ... they would still have the 6-1 advantage and statistics counts .... after this series with an expected white-wash, maybe we will get more cricket with the better teams.
Playing Kenya is OK as they need opportunities. But BD needs cricket besides sreries like these.

Hopefully you'll get better cricket after this series but there should be a more direct effort to get good tours
Old March 20, 2006, 06:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ANTIGER
Quote:
I think that's what Hook-a-ram is trying to say, buddy. Those test class teams are playing according to a schedule made by the ICC, and that schedule does not include the Tigers. That's the problem. You said it yourself mate.

Indians on the other hand are trying to play it their own way ! May be because they don't think too much about ICC schedules, dudie.
Come on ! I'm hkoorahaM ! What shall I call you, Ant or Tiger ?

You got my point sir. The ICC schedule is not fair.
Old March 20, 2006, 06:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
My Royal Highness is humble. You could call me buddy !

Yes, test teams are busy as they play according to an ICC shedule that doesn't include Bangladesh much. That's my point . You've made it too.

Fellow Hindustani, India is taking on the ICC in spite of having a good scheule already. Bangladesh has next to nothing.
Old March 20, 2006, 06:15 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

hkooraham, I think BD does need to play teams like Kenya for confidence building purpose. How often do we play them? Not much. We are playing them after two years now, so I don't really see a problem with it and we will be taking on Australia soon. So, its all good.
Old March 20, 2006, 06:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Source??
Old March 20, 2006, 06:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Ehsan
hkooraham, I think BD does need to play teams like Kenya for confidence building purpose. How often do we play them? Not much. We are playing them after two years now, so I don't really see a problem with it and we will be taking on Australia soon. So, its all good.
Thanks very much sir for your reply post.

The point I am making is Bangladesh is just not getting enough good cricket. If BD has more matches against the senior sides, Bangladesh will have more good wins, I am sure and that will really build the confidence of the Tigers. Since the Tigers are on the up now, you really have to keep working at it. If you do so, by this time next year, Bangladesh will be rated / considered like any other senior test side.
Old March 20, 2006, 06:57 AM
Test Cricketer

hkooraham :

nice post. Well.. unfortunately, Bd cant make the plan by themselves for test series aganst better teams. it all depends on ICC and on top of that, individual cricketing bodies of those countries. So. its hardly in our hand,

I agree with you that from this series, we would not probably be able to gain much, except may be some joy. But. i think, a series like this .. and if the result goes according to expectation... will be telling the world few facts.

1. A growing cricketing nation should be supported all the time to make the game popular all over the world. World cricket needs to provide open heart assistance for this young countries to grow up and be patient with them
2. The advantage of playing agianst top test teams.. clearly shown with the present series. You can never learn unless the real test is given. The gap between once highly promising Kenya and Bangladesh is showing up.
3. ICC and world cricket has almost killed a great emarging cricketing nation, kenya. They should have been awared test status when they performed so well agains many good teams. Zim got test status after only defeating England and Australia . So.. why it couldnt be for KEnya. Its realyl sad to see them .. in this state. Lack of quality cricket. virtually killed a promisiing nation.
4. The gap between established teams and developing teams can never be reduced by playing at so called two tier or other similar kind of format. It will rather increase.

Anyway.. Whatever, decision was taken 6 years back.. now proving its worth. But. we will still find lots of ppl .. pulling our pants. Its no easy being Bangla cricket fan.. PPL dont apprciate when we do someting good.. but.. they will be breathing on our neck whenever we do bad. If we loose atleast one match agaisnt kenya.. you will see.. the whole world will biting on our status. Its just sooo difficult.
Old March 20, 2006, 07:01 AM
Banned

Thanks Ejaj for your painstakingly written reply.

Hope Bangladesh gets more series' with good sides and wish the Tigers success.

By the way, I don't think Bangladesh would lose to Kenya, unless something really dramatic happens. The gap is just too wide.
Old March 20, 2006, 07:26 AM
Test Cricketer

hkooraham and ANTIGER rulzzz!
Old March 20, 2006, 07:37 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Hokkaram, Aussie is coming to BD.. there won't be any time for more cricket until champions trophy then world cup... but if you're feeling enthusiastic, plz request India to host us. Thanx
Old March 20, 2006, 07:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Hatebreed
Hokkaram, Aussie is coming to BD.. there won't be any time for more cricket until champions trophy then world cup... but if you're feeling enthusiastic, plz request India to host us. Thanx
I am feeling enthusiastic but I am not Cricket Bangladesh or the arrogant BCCI !

Don't breed hate buddy. I expressed my genuine views.

Edited on, March 20, 2006, 12:44 PM GMT, by hkooraham.
Old March 20, 2006, 07:45 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

I think BD needs to play around 8 tests and 15-20 ODIs (against top 8 teams) per year.

Edited on, March 20, 2006, 12:46 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Old March 20, 2006, 07:50 AM
Cricket Legend

We will host a series against India in next May. BCB seems to be satisfied with it. They don't care about Bindra's insulting remarks and just glad to earn some cash. It will be a 2 test and 3 ODI series, although BCB wants to extend the ODI series to 5 match series.

Source: Today's Prothom Alo sport section (20/Mar)

Edited on, March 20, 2006, 1:20 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Old March 20, 2006, 07:58 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Quote:
Originally posted by Hatebreed
We will host a series against India this year instead. BCB seems to be satisfied with it. They don't care about Bindra's insulting remarks and just glad to earn some cash. It will be a 2 test and 3 ODI series, although BCB wants to extend the ODI series to 5 match series.

I think they are coming next May(2007).
Old March 20, 2006, 08:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by reverse_swing
I think they are coming next May(2007).
yeah, my mistake
Old March 20, 2006, 08:36 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Well let them come when they have enough practise.. I can't wait to get this over with!
Old March 20, 2006, 08:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally posted by Ehsan
Playing Kenya is a wonderful idea. It helps to show the world which progress we have made. To shut the mouth of the people who question about the progress in BD cricket.

Anyway, some people may not like it because it may be heartburning to see BD winning, against, well, who-ever it may be!
Old March 20, 2006, 09:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
We will host a series against India in next May. BCB seems to be satisfied with it. They don't care about Bindra's insulting remarks and just glad to earn some cash. It will be a 2 test and 3 ODI series, although BCB wants to extend the ODI series to 5 match series.

Edited on, March 20, 2006, 1:20 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Hey Spitfire, what are you suggesting BCB to do? Fight with them.. its not possible.. unless and until our 'talents' really show some of their talents, BCB would have nothing to do in this regard. We have to show some good results, then you would see, Indian board is asking for a match with us.. We must prove ourselves worthy, then we can expect to get a fair share of the pie..

Bro, the world is not really fair, and we cannot do much about it. We should just accept it as it is and try to get the 'chala' if 'aam' is not there for us..

Edited on, March 20, 2006, 2:13 PM GMT, by abu_akif.
Old March 20, 2006, 09:17 AM
Cricket Guru

playing kenya is nothing wrong..the way some of us viewing also other opponents view the same way...they don't wana play Bangladesh. I believe we will play everybody, but I am not sure
if it will help us prepare when Aussie will come. They will be here to destory our team and players both by games and mentaly. We should have arranged another series for better preparations.
Old March 20, 2006, 09:19 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

If we playing kenya is wrong, then australia playing us is wrong using the same logic.

so, leave it.

But I have to say, it was the most boring match that we ever won. Now I know how it feels to be a australian. not very exciting.
Old March 20, 2006, 09:28 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
im a true asian..so my sense tells me theres hidden a hidden messg hidin mehind the royal highnesse's post. let me c if i get it right.

1. was kenya beaten against any other test playing nations with such huge margins?

2. ppl r used to seeing bd being boolied by other teams. if u take aus and bd and compare it with bd and kenya...the gap between aus and bd is much higher. and how did we perform against them last time??

3. kenya needs to be exposed to the cricketing world. they just played a dead zim team...so playin bd is doing helluva lot to them. the way bd team is playin now is probly bcoz of our exposure to our big bros!

4. these games are confidence boosters for bd. it shows tht we can also trash teams tht are less experienced than us. this is gd for the boys as they'll learn tht being defeated by big bros doesnt mean ur ****. u learn and u grow!

and id say tht bd is in the best position among any other teams...coz they gettin a mix of both.. loosing and winning.

5. so where m i goin? well if i was a non deshi...id be worried. coz if kenya can make it to finals...and we can upset aussies, lankans and indians..(mind u those were no flukes!) AND the way bd team is developing in each of their outings... id say we'r in for somethin BIG in the champions trophy.

i assure u that the team thts playin kenyans now is the most composed team ever. batting, bowling, fielding..its fired up from every angles.

SO HOOKKA RAM..OR WHOEVER OUT THERE...DUN NEED TO BE WORRIED ABT BD ANYMORE.. COZ WE GOING AND WE GOIN BIG BRO...

OH YA I AM PERSONALLY GONA MEET EHSAN MANI TO GIVE UR PROPOSAL ABT BD SCHEDULES...IF THTS WHT UR PROPOSING!!

CHEERS BRO