facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old July 30, 2019, 06:39 AM
Shingara's Avatar
Shingara Shingara is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 6, 2016
Location: USAF AWACS
Favorite Player: Al-Amin
Posts: 1,822

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarbine2
Then management should try Afif and Nasir in place of Mossadek and Mahmudullah since they are young and they are great fielders as well. Although, Nasir does not match practice selectors should try to reconsider his credentials as a player. Afif is a must since he played well against Afghanistan.
Oi miya, ki khali Nasir Nasir koren ?
He is finished! His career is over - get that through your head! He used to be our finisher and we liked him and then he lost form. We gave him a chance a while later and he did not capitalize. Ja dekhar dekha hoye gesey.
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old July 30, 2019, 10:44 AM
BookFinder BookFinder is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 8, 2019
Posts: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Oi miya, ki khali Nasir Nasir koren ?
He is finished! His career is over - get that through your head! He used to be our finisher and we liked him and then he lost form. We gave him a chance a while later and he did not capitalize. Ja dekhar dekha hoye gesey.
Yeah, also his ex/vamp made sure Nasir never set foots in the national team again.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old July 30, 2019, 10:54 AM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,642

Nasir?


Kiser mondthe ki, panta bhate ghee.




Nasir is gone... finished...spoiled.... kaput.


Comprende?
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old July 30, 2019, 11:35 AM
rarbine2 rarbine2 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 20, 2019
Location: Usa
Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain
Posts: 144

If guys like Soumya,Sabbir and Mossadek can play so many matches despite flopping why can't Nasir play? Sabbir did more bad things than Nasir and he is in the team for what? Because Mashrafe supports this guy. Soumya is finished and he should never get any more chances after this series. His last ten innings he has no fifty that shows he is careless and inconsistent. It does not matter how talented this guy is he is selfish because he cares for himself and not the team. Nasir in 2015 used to give everything away he would even take a one hand catch which Soumya will never be able to do. Yasir should replace Soumya, Mohammed Naim in place of Mithun. Afif and Nasir should replace Riad and Mossadek. What has Mossadek done recently? After that fifty he has scored some 20s to 30s but he seems like a another hack. His bowling is not up to the mark either. Tamim will bounce back he just cannot handle extra responsibility.
1) Tamim
2) Mohammed Naim
3) Shakib(captain)
4) Mushfiqur
5) Liton
6) Yasir/Afif/Nasir
7) Miraz
8) Sabbir
9) Yeasin Arafat
10) Nayeem Hasan
11) Fizz
12) Mohammed Saiffudin
13) Minhajul Abedin Afridi
14) Al Amin Hossain
15) Qazi Onik
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old July 30, 2019, 12:40 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,642

Soumya,Sabbir and Mossadek none are established players. If they continue to fail, one way or another they will be dropped and new players will get an opportunity. but that doesn't mean old reject like Nasir will automatically get the call.....Nasir doesn;t quality as a new player. He is a old reject, and so far he haven't done anything locally to get his next chance.


Like all old rejects, he need to do more locally and then wait patiently on the line. Right now he doesn't even qualified himself to wait in the line, forget about getting back in the team. Eta ki mamar Barir abdar?
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old July 30, 2019, 12:49 PM
rarbine2 rarbine2 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 20, 2019
Location: Usa
Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain
Posts: 144

Yes I agree Nasir will have to perform extremely well in Ncl, Bcl,Bpl and Dpl to prove that he didn't lose his form. But Soumya is a lost case and he needs to work on his batting. Sabbir and Mossadek are okay right now. Sabbir scored 60 runs in the first match and in the 2nd match Mushfiq ran him out. Mushfiq is a huge culprit when he runs out other players.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old July 30, 2019, 01:18 PM
BookFinder BookFinder is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 8, 2019
Posts: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Soumya,Sabbir and Mossadek none are established players. If they continue to fail, one way or another they will be dropped and new players will get an opportunity. but that doesn't mean old reject like Nasir will automatically get the call.....Nasir doesn;t quality as a new player. He is a old reject, and so far he haven't done anything locally to get his next chance.


Like all old rejects, he need to do more locally and then wait patiently on the line. Right now he doesn't even qualified himself to wait in the line, forget about getting back in the team. Eta ki mamar Barir abdar?
No, Soumya, Sabbir, Mossadek are not established players. All three of their averages are on par with a reject like Nasir Hossain.

In short, they are all crap.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old July 30, 2019, 01:22 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,642

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
No, Soumya, Sabbir, Mossadek are not established players. All three of their averages are on par with a reject like Nasir Hossain.

In short, they are all crap.



What you are disagreeing with me? I said "Soumya,Sabbir and Mossadek none are established players" and you are saying "No, Soumya, Sabbir, Mossadek are not established players". Both statement means the same. Are you arguing for the sake of arguing? Please read before you respond.


Plus, your other logic is silly..... if you replace a crap player with another crap player, what's the point then replacing a player?
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old July 30, 2019, 01:27 PM
BookFinder BookFinder is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 8, 2019
Posts: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
What you are disagreeing with me? I said "Soumya,Sabbir and Mossadek none are established players" and you are saying "No, Soumya, Sabbir, Mossadek are not established players". Both statement means the same. Are you arguing for the sake of arguing? Please read before you respond.


Plus, your other logic is silly..... if you replace a crap player with another crap player, what's the point then replacing a player?
Oops my bad, I read your statement to say all three were established players. I missed the “none” part. So I just reiterated what you basically said rather than argue against it.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old July 30, 2019, 01:28 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,642

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
Oops my bad, I read your statement to say all three were established players. I missed the “none” part. So I just reiterated what you basically said rather than argue against it.

no problem.
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old July 30, 2019, 02:10 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 15,459

Bangladesh always had problems finishing an overseas tour well...given history it was no surprise after a long and well fought World cup tour.

India and NZ games there will always be "what ifs"...
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old July 30, 2019, 04:32 PM
anonymousGuy anonymousGuy is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 11, 2016
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Favorite Player: Shakib
Posts: 169

Sarkar, Mithun, Mashrafe, Mahmudullah - these are the four weak links in our team currently. Drop these four players.

Other than these four, rest should stay. Get Afif in.

Not sure why Shafiul is back. We should try out new guys.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old July 30, 2019, 07:31 PM
Shingara's Avatar
Shingara Shingara is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 6, 2016
Location: USAF AWACS
Favorite Player: Al-Amin
Posts: 1,822

In the limited outings Nasir got, he has done jack.

27* 46 27 2 0 100.00 8 not out 1
v England Dhaka 9 Oct 2016
4 10 10 0 0 40.00 7 caught 1
v England Chattogram 12 Oct 2016
DNB - - - - - - - 2
v New Zealand Dublin 24 May 2017
11 10 8 2 0 137.50 7 caught 1
v South Africa Kimberley 15 Oct 2017
3 15 11 0 0 27.27 8 bowled 2
v South Africa Paarl 18 Oct 2017
DNB - - - - - - - 2
v Zimbabwe Dhaka 15 Jan 2018
0 - 1 0 0 0.00 8 lbw 1
v Sri Lanka Dhaka 19 Jan 2018
2 - 8 0 0 25.00 7 caught 1
v Zimbabwe Dhaka 23 Jan 2018
3 - 13 0 0 23.07 8 caught 1
v Sri Lanka Dhaka 25 Jan 2018
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old July 30, 2019, 07:55 PM
rarbine2 rarbine2 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 20, 2019
Location: Usa
Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain
Posts: 144

Well Nasir batted at number 7 or 8 if he batted at number 4 or 5 he would score 50 runs and centuries on a regular basis.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old July 30, 2019, 09:08 PM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 9,808

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarbine2
Well Nasir batted at number 7 or 8 if he batted at number 4 or 5 he would score 50 runs and centuries on a regular basis.
Lmao
__________________
"How the little piglets would grunt if they knew how the old boar suffered."
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old July 31, 2019, 08:15 AM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,642

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarbine2
Well Nasir batted at number 7 or 8 if he batted at number 4 or 5 he would score 50 runs and centuries on a regular basis.

Yes... so true. And if he had batted #1 or #2 (instead of SS or Tamim) he would score 200s and 300s.
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old August 1, 2019, 06:11 AM
hoodlum hoodlum is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 26, 2007
Posts: 3,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Yes... so true. And if he had batted #1 or #2 (instead of SS or Tamim) he would score 200s and 300s.
__________________
One of the best catch ever by a Bangladeshi fielder --Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old August 1, 2019, 06:22 AM
CricLoverUK CricLoverUK is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 29, 2019
Posts: 363

They fell into deep depression.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old September 11, 2019, 09:31 AM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 24,249

...And the legacy continues
__________________
元気
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old September 11, 2019, 01:07 PM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 5,935

Papon has to go, doesn't he?
__________________
#PrivatizeBCB
#PrivatizeBFF
The end of Rahim will mark a new great beginning for the complacency free Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old September 11, 2019, 01:12 PM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 5,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
A whole lot of things went wrong even before the Pakistan match actually:

1) Mash picked up hamstring injury during WC. He refused even to scan his injury, and stayed as a passenger in the team for the rest of the tournament.

2) They had a week long layoff before India-Pakistan matches. Instead of using the time for injury rehab, Mash and Co went for 5 day vacation.

3) Injury situation got so bad Mash and Mushfiq were not even practicing in nets before Pakistan match, and were not suppose to play in that match. They played disregarding the team plan made the night before.

4) Mash-Shakib got into conflict over Riyad's selection, after how Riyad derailed the chase against England. Afterwards, Shakib stopped attending team planning meetings.

5) Since Mash is untouchable now, BCB decided to make a scapegoat out of Rhodes - blamed him for not having control over the situations (Walsh and Joshi supposed to leave after WC anyway).

6) To make matters worse, Tamim apparently is having a bout of PTSD, because the abuse he faced from fans after his WC'15 failures.

Good news - we don't have another ODI series scheduled till December 2020. Shakib will get a chance to start fresh with T20I team in September at home, against Afghanistan, where there will be no Mash, and, most likely, no Riyad (he will have to go through a surgery and a long rehab afterwards).

Wow, I love this post! I would only add 7) Players getting demoralized after seeing one man keeping gloves hostage for so long despite being historically inept. Actually, that would be no. 1. Pushing all your great points one step down.
__________________
#PrivatizeBCB
#PrivatizeBFF
The end of Rahim will mark a new great beginning for the complacency free Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old September 11, 2019, 01:53 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 34,417

We reverted back to our incelhood. That's what happened.
__________________
God
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old September 11, 2019, 10:43 PM
anonymousGuy anonymousGuy is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 11, 2016
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Favorite Player: Shakib
Posts: 169

BD has gone into a shell and they haven't recovered yet.

The way I see it, these things are all psychological. BD team is psychologically very weak. Once they are under pressure, they can't get up easily. I think it is about time we invest in psychologists. Coaches can't do much.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old September 11, 2019, 11:53 PM
ToBeFair's Avatar
ToBeFair ToBeFair is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 8, 2018
Posts: 2,574

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousGuy
BD has gone into a shell and they haven't recovered yet.

The way I see it, these things are all psychological. BD team is psychologically very weak. Once they are under pressure, they can't get up easily. I think it is about time we invest in psychologists. Coaches can't do much.
Psychology can play a part - but 95% of the time I find it to be a BS excuse.

I used to have anxiety in dealing with people, say for example in a career fair. I used to have anxiety while making presentations. I was able to overcome those problems by (1) knowing what I was looking for (2) knowing what I can offer or deliver (3) practicing.

How long should you practice? You should practice until it becomes your second nature. Until you can close your eyes and still play the shot.

Investing in a psychologist will help you overcome your psychological blind spots, if you have any, but a psychologist cannot replace the hard work and self discipline that is necessary for continuous growth and sharpening of your skills.

Virat Kohli recently said something similar: even though he enjoys his stardom, behind the scene it is a very boring process: repeating the same thing over and over again in the pursuit of getting better everyday.

A pious predecessor of ours said that he was able to enjoy the sweetness of prayer only after struggling with his prayer for 20 years.

If you think you will achieve excellence with a psychologist, you are WRONG. Self improvement is a seriously boring process. Only those with serious work ethic and self-discipline will defeat this boredom and achieve success. And majority of bangalis don't have that self-discipline and work ethic - we are happy with mediocrity and jora-tali. Our team is no exception.
__________________
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.

Last edited by ToBeFair; September 12, 2019 at 02:20 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old September 12, 2019, 06:52 PM
anonymousGuy anonymousGuy is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 11, 2016
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Favorite Player: Shakib
Posts: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
Psychology can play a part - but 95% of the time I find it to be a BS excuse.

I used to have anxiety in dealing with people, say for example in a career fair. I used to have anxiety while making presentations. I was able to overcome those problems by (1) knowing what I was looking for (2) knowing what I can offer or deliver (3) practicing.

How long should you practice? You should practice until it becomes your second nature. Until you can close your eyes and still play the shot.

Investing in a psychologist will help you overcome your psychological blind spots, if you have any, but a psychologist cannot replace the hard work and self discipline that is necessary for continuous growth and sharpening of your skills.

Virat Kohli recently said something similar: even though he enjoys his stardom, behind the scene it is a very boring process: repeating the same thing over and over again in the pursuit of getting better everyday.

A pious predecessor of ours said that he was able to enjoy the sweetness of prayer only after struggling with his prayer for 20 years.

If you think you will achieve excellence with a psychologist, you are WRONG. Self improvement is a seriously boring process. Only those with serious work ethic and self-discipline will defeat this boredom and achieve success. And majority of bangalis don't have that self-discipline and work ethic - we are happy with mediocrity and jora-tali. Our team is no exception.
It has to be a combination of psychology and hard work. I am sure Bangladeshi cricketers work hard just like any other team. Maybe they don't do the required amount of work but effort is there.

I must admit that Bangladesh team never had extraordinary cricketers. Shakib is probably the only anomaly; even then that is subjective. Many players have shown signs of good things (Rajin Saleh, Ashraful, Nafees etc.) but then faded away.

I noticed that Bangladesh was always a team that relied on confidence. They can lose to lowest of the associates if confidence is low; they can also defeat the best of the best when confidence is high. This needs to change. This is where psychology comes in.

So, the way I see it, the key to consistent performance for BD are two things - improving cricket skills and being psychologically tougher.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket