facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 6, 2016, 06:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Default BPL stealing IPL Jersey designs?

I hate to be the one saying this, but I have to. I have always admired Bangladesh jersey designs, there are frequent competitions for jersey designs and some of them I must say are truly fabulous. Shows the creativity that is everywhere in Bangladesh but the BPL jerseys have left me really disappointed. I would not buy them and it's a real shame for any Bangladeshis on how much similiar it is to certain IPL teams. The co-incidences are far too great to be ignored. I am kind of disgusted that we are copying the IPL team's jerseys.

Here are a couple of examples:

1) Kolkata Knight Riders vs Rajshahi Kings

2) Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Khulna Titans

3) Mumbai Indians vs Dhaka Dynamites

Co-incidentally, all these teams are in the playoffs.
Old December 6, 2016, 06:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Barishal Bulls

vs. Chicago Bulls.

check out their logos... almost duplicate.
Old December 6, 2016, 06:25 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Umm, you realized this with only 2 games left?

And the plaster of logos patches every corner of the jersey. So hard on the eyes! I didn't think anyone could outdo IPL and its ugliness on the eye. But BPL went 100x worse!
Old December 6, 2016, 06:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Umm, you realized this with only 2 games left?

And the plaster of logos patches every corner of the jersey. So hard on the eyes! I didn't think anyone could outdo IPL and its ugliness on the eye. But BPL went 100x worse!
Better late than evaa
Old December 6, 2016, 06:29 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Other two you can kind of get away with but Khulna didn't even try with their jerseys
Old December 6, 2016, 06:34 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

And IPL copies from original BPL or EPL or whatever they call themselves. So originality really gets shredded
Old December 6, 2016, 10:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Pathetic really. Even if you excuse Rajshahi and Dhaka, what Khulna Titans did was cheap. Exact copy. Whats scary is Titans are owned by an educated and sophisticated group, and despite that this.
Old December 7, 2016, 07:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
. Exact copy. Whats scary is Titans are owned by an educated and sophisticated group, and despite that this.
Because Titan owners are cheapskates, just look at their team
Old December 6, 2016, 11:01 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

How hard is to pick two unique colors? Why do you even have to look at IPL?? Just close yours eyes and pick 2 colors.
Old December 13, 2016, 08:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop

How hard is to pick two unique colors? Why do you even have to look at IPL?? Just close yours eyes and pick 2 colors.
About that.. most teams had Golden as a secondary colour which really annoyed me. I never figured out this obsession of the BPL kit designers with the colour Gold.
Old December 14, 2016, 02:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
About that.. most teams had Golden as a secondary colour which really annoyed me. I never figured out this obsession of the BPL kit designers with the colour Gold.

I guess that there are a bunch of leprechauns who are responsible for kit designs
Old December 7, 2016, 08:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Yeah. They probably spent like 50 lacs on all their foreign players combined while CTG dhaka probably spent the same amount of money on some single players alone.

Please don't mention nonsense like : " but Khulna is on top". Oh please on this pathetic wickets of Dhaka and horrible umpiring anyone can beat anyone on a given day
Old December 7, 2016, 10:57 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Yeah. They probably spent like 50 lacs on all their foreign players combined while CTG dhaka probably spent the same amount of money on some single players alone.

Please don't mention nonsense like : " but Khulna is on top". Oh please on this pathetic wickets of Dhaka and horrible umpiring anyone can beat anyone on a given day
That takes away huge hardwork Riyad put into this team. He was one of the biggest reasons why they made this far and won them matches single-handedly many times. To give Khulna's success to poor pitches of Dhaka and horrible umpiring is unfair to him.
Old December 7, 2016, 11:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Next time...the organizers and team officials should be given the colors in the rainbow spectrum....and just hope that they don't get blinded by the myth that a pot of gold exists at the end of the rainbow...

And that'll mean that gold stripes, stars, and tigers on the uniform...

They are intrigued by the gold on uniforms...no matter what.
Old December 9, 2016, 08:22 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar

No shame in copying from Daddy league.
Old December 9, 2016, 03:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6
No shame in copying from Daddy league.
Before you start blowing your trumpet, let's not forget how the IPL leeched off concepts from the US NFL
Old December 9, 2016, 08:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

No copy at all.

IPL copies west just like all of India. Bollywood copies hollywood, copies US, UK. They copied our BigBrother, Britains got talent and what not Etc

BPL teams didnt copy anything.one or two might seem similar but look at it again, properly. It's not exact copy, SRH has orange all over the front, Khulna has this deep Orangy half way, and on colour, KT is modt black. DD has blue, darkish blue,navy. MI has blue with gold lines.
RK black jersey looks nothing like KKR, KKR is purple. RK is black with yellow lines, come on OP. If ur going by the collar then just know thats a collar used everywhere.

Op must been reading too much indian troll fans online trolling chest thumping about how bpl copied and what not and that, perhaps. Because noway RK is copy of KKR!
Old December 9, 2016, 10:05 AM
Banned

^^ The only person doing chest thumping is you. OP is accurate in saying that BPL jerseys were copied from IPL and trust me there is no shame in that as ours is the most prestigious cricket league in the universe. Also what do you mean by "Not Exact Copy"? Now they cant copy sponsors name, isnt it? Even 2 twin brothers have some minute dissimilarities. Remove your biased tainted glass and then look at the above pic, you will clearly see jerseys were copied from IPL.

Also can you tell me how IPL copied west? The concept of IPL league is completely different from Barclays Premier league or La liga. Only 4 foreign players allowed, tournament like semi final-final concept, open bidding process etc. none of them exists on those football leagues. I can give you 10 more differences.

All sub urban cricket leagues like PSL, BPL, SLPL (lol ) etc were copied from IPL. If it was not for Lalit Modi's brainchild no one in BCB or PCB has brains to come up with such idea. Even now they didnt do any innovation but straight away copied all the concept of IPL. Same tournament kinda format, same cheerleaders, same team theme song, only 4 foreign players allowed, same bidding method. All copied from IPL. The only innovation PCB did was change the name from "Premier League" to "Super League" and a graphic of a truck whenever a player scored a 50

If you want people to believe that BPL is not copied from IPL, why not add some innovation to it?

We dont mind copying the concept from us but pls try to give credit where its due atleast.

Thank you!!
Old December 9, 2016, 02:07 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Unless you're a braindead blind screw, you shouldn't have tough understanding the fact that ideas of franchising sports came from the US. Even soccer leagues like BPL or La Liga got it from there, considering how young they're in comparison to NFL/MLB/NBA. If it wasn't one smartass like Modi some other Chodi would've picked it up. Makes no sense with cricket because it's played all months long internationally as opposed to other sports being played either in only one region, or once 4 years or none at all.

If IPL isn't a typical low budget C-class Bollywood-musical-remake with dumbafied stuff like startigik abhishek timeout brought to you by chicken tikka masala then, that Khulnannessee "Titans" jersey is not SRH jersey copycat because one is pumpkin orange and one is elish bhuna orange.
Old December 10, 2016, 05:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Mr. Austin brother, i dont think anyone in their right minds should try to copy or compare themselves with IPL. It is so far far ahead in all aspects. Imo a key reason why India has been so strong in the past decade.

Some of the franchise owners of BPL are loaded with cash, but they lack the taste, class-and hence copying of jerseys and generic franchise names. A lot of the administrators in BD also love to copy what their neighbors are doing. I heard BFF is trying to launch an ISL style football league in Jan. Pathetic. The rest of us fans with no money and no say, dont want BPL to be copied in any way from IPL. Simply not logical.

BPL organizing commitee should keep it simple, try to improve year by year instead of bench marking it against any foreign league. Good news is this season has presented us with much better cricket, a better organized tournament compared to previous ones.
Old December 10, 2016, 06:18 AM
Banned

@jeesh - Agree IPL helped Indian cricket a lot and similarly BPL is doing it for Bangladesh cricket. This current BD team is so good and producing loads of talent only due to the exposure in tournament like BPL.
Old December 10, 2016, 06:29 AM
Cricket Legend

One thing though i hope BPL learns from IPL is appointing proper coaches. I wont complain about player quality, because BPL doesnt have the pull (Given past financial issues). But at least BPL teams should appoint proven coaches. Indian players, youngsters benefit a lot by playing under the likes of Tom Moody, Wasim Akram, Ponting, Fleming, Vettori etc etc
Old December 10, 2016, 05:09 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Besides Nasir no one came thru BPL. I'm not even sure if BCB is earning any significant sum either. It's not as big of a cash cow for BCB as Ipl is going BCCI.
Old December 13, 2016, 08:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Gets worse for Khulna Titans even their training kit is stolen from Perth Scorchers. This is just blatant plagiarism.

Also Kings XI Punjab and Chittagong Vikings kits look similar

Old December 13, 2016, 08:50 PM
Cricket Legend

You think that's worse?

Wait till you hear the names...

Rangpur Riders - Kolkata Knight Riders
Rajshahi Kings - Kings XI Punjab, Chennai Super Kings
Sylhet Royals - Royal Challengers, Rajashtan Royals

Is it really hard to find new names? Or we lack real creativity?