facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 30, 2016, 10:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

^Thing is, we are doing well in ODIs. Have been the case for quite a while.

Old December 1, 2016, 12:04 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

I think we have to resign ourselves to the fact that Bangladesh will never be an explosive T20 team like West Indies or South Africa or India. Our players simply dont have the built required for power hitting. But we have a fairly decent list of players can find gaps, innovate shots and charge after the 5th and 6th bowlers. What we lack right now in our main XI is an opener that can utilize the PP and we need significant improvement in rotating strikes. If we can do that, I believe we will be confident of posting 160 or more regularly. Our bowling unit in most days and in most conditions are capable of defending anything over 160.

But in general, the quality of T20 batting needs to improve on a domestic level. Players like Liton, Mominul, Imrul, Roni, Zia, Reza, Ariful, Nasir, Soumya, Anamul, Nafees, Alok, Hom have great potentials as T20 power hitters. They have shown flashes of brilliance, but needs to improve and become consistent at it. I feel like BCB would do well to organize another low profile T20 competition somewhere like Cox's Bazar every year to give our domestic players that chance to develop. If done properly, BCB can easily generate some income from this kind of competition as T20 usually attracts spectators very easily. Also, too many of the local players does not get a fair chance to perform as BPL usually is ruled by our core players and foreign recruits.

Last edited by Rinathq; December 1, 2016 at 12:54 AM..
Old December 1, 2016, 12:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Thats a correct assessment Rinath. If you think about it, there are three types of big hitters:

1) Power Hitters: Pollard, Gayle, Afridi, Thisira Perera etc
2) Timers: Rohit Sharma (These guys may not have the muscle but they know how to connect with the sweet spot
3) Both Above: AB, Gilchrist (They can time and power)

Hard to categorize Bangladeshi batsmen in any of the above. Our guys are more chance hitters, sometimes it will be six, sometimes caught in the outfield.

But still not impossible to become a good T20 side without big hitters. Sri Lanka in 2014 T20 WC is a good role model. Sometimes you can make up for the lack of power hitter by having a good balanced side. But in a way thats almost like saying play a striker who cant score from headers.
Old December 1, 2016, 05:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

If international cricket hasnt already exposed the quality of our T20 batting, BPL is endorssing it. I very much disappointed in how the non or ex national players are so pathetic at fielding

TBH Bangladesh has been playing catch up for awhile in the game. Until 2015, we just learned how to play ODIs. We are still getting to learn how to play Tests. But after T20 came into the equation, batsman are still learning how to go about things.

I personally dont like T20 leagues, however i do follow games when Shakib/Mustafiz/Tamim play in forgein torunaments.