facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 2, 2016, 03:06 AM
MHRAM's Avatar
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,954
Default Most beneficial BPL so far?

It was good to see local player domination and extremely professional attitude from the franchisee.

Shocking to see the crowds but what can you expect, however, this BPL so far has been smooth by all means. Next year might want to branch out the BPL to Fatullah

Also, there has been quite a few noticable performances :

Mehedi Maruf
Shahriar Nafees
Nasir's cameos
Shafiul's tight bowling
Apu's top class bowling
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old December 2, 2016, 03:23 AM
DKG DKG is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 30, 2016
Posts: 113

Is APU bengali, on that note spot on, this BPL has been extraordinary, hi-scores, big indiviual scores, however the crowd has been **** though
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old December 2, 2016, 03:26 AM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 9,905

Who is Apu
__________________
"How the little piglets would grunt if they knew how the old boar suffered."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old December 2, 2016, 03:31 AM
DKG DKG is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 30, 2016
Posts: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Who is Apu
Nazmul islam Apu

is a bd
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old December 2, 2016, 03:47 AM
RealSports RealSports is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 16, 2016
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 1,176

Successful so far...Should improve our players T20 skills, but we are still a long way behind in that format. Next year's BPL will be the key. Hopefully Syhlet franchise will return, so we'll have in total 8 teams which should make it all the more spicier. We definitely need to add more venues: would like to see 4 in total with the other 2 being Fatullah and Syhlet. Mirpur pitches has been overused – resulting in lacklustre matches. Also, squads for each franchise need to be reduced significantly – maximum of 16 players per franchise.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old December 2, 2016, 03:50 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
2019 WC Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 13,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Who is Apu
you should know your sisters better
__________________
Caught Somewhere in Time
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old December 2, 2016, 03:50 AM
DKG DKG is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 30, 2016
Posts: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
you should know your sisters better
lol
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old December 2, 2016, 03:52 AM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 9,905

I have never called anyone 'Apu' in my life
__________________
"How the little piglets would grunt if they knew how the old boar suffered."
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old December 2, 2016, 03:55 AM
DKG DKG is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 30, 2016
Posts: 113

we produce so many SLAs yet 90 Percent don`t make it past List A or FC, you would think that out of 160 Mil, atleast we would get lucky with 1 or 3 WC SLA`s yet we have one(shak) who is effective but would of been even better if he could actually spin the ball. Goes to show how poor our FC and List A system is.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old December 2, 2016, 04:24 AM
MHRAM's Avatar
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,954

Its not because of our poor FC or list A system.

Its because our players don't play enough A team matches or go abroad. Playing in international cricket is a whole different thing altogether but we don't get that platform.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old December 2, 2016, 04:41 AM
DKG DKG is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 30, 2016
Posts: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Its not because of our poor FC or list A system.

Its because our players don't play enough A team matches or go abroad. Playing in international cricket is a whole different thing altogether but we don't get that platform.
Send B Team or A Team to Zimb/Ireland or afghanistan, should be able to not embarass us againist them atleast
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old December 2, 2016, 10:08 AM
Mas_UK25's Avatar
Mas_UK25 Mas_UK25 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 15, 2015
Location: UNITED KINGDOM
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Posts: 6,672

In a whole so far,yes. But it can always improve and once bpl goes outside sbncs and zacs into other regions, you will see the true BPL.

Next year will be the 5th edition of BPL, and will need least 5 venues.

Last edited by Mas_UK25; December 2, 2016 at 06:22 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old December 2, 2016, 10:55 AM
Anik SH's Avatar
Anik SH Anik SH is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 31, 2016
Location: Live in Dhaka (From Sylhet)
Favorite Player: Shabbir and Taskin.
Posts: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG
Is APU bengali, on that note spot on, this BPL has been extraordinary, hi-scores, big indiviual scores, however the crowd has been **** though
I disagree
__________________
"Hey you see me pictures crazy
Hey you are me not so pretty"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old December 2, 2016, 12:13 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 7,987

I thought few days ago you said this was the worst BPL. Complained about broadcasting, wickets, ticket systems, poor BD player performance, boring foreign players.

And now it's the most beneficial one ?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old December 2, 2016, 12:18 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 15,515

I think his name is Nazmul Opu...someone made a mistake and made it "Apu"(not to confuse with the Simpson's service clerk guy.)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old December 2, 2016, 01:24 PM
MHRAM's Avatar
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I thought few days ago you said this was the worst BPL. Complained about broadcasting, wickets, ticket systems, poor BD player performance, boring foreign players.

And now it's the most beneficial one ?
I said BPL is the worst franchise based cricket tournament. Which it still is.

But in terms of benefit this season trumps all others seasons of the BPL
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old December 2, 2016, 02:53 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,678

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
I said BPL is the worst franchise based cricket tournament. Which it still is.

But in terms of benefit this season trumps all others seasons of the BPL
umm... BPL1= Asia Cup Final, BPL 2= Kiwi wash, BPL 3= Asia cup final again and that too in T20...

hard to conclude that this BPL will benefit the most. Lets see
__________________
My clicks: https://www.flickr.com/photos/108789483@N05/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket