facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 10, 2013, 12:04 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Bangladesh to issue a sovereign bond worth US$ 500 million.

See More

It seems they'll be particularly targeting the Bond markets in New York and Singapore.

So is this a good idea? Yay or Nay?

Old March 10, 2013, 12:30 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

^^^ triple C rating will result in quite high interest rate. Without knowing the purpose or specific project, hard to say if its good or bad.

Good thing it's a start in the right direction. Bd is good in terms of payback on loans, so we might have good number of investors interested in this
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old March 10, 2013, 01:08 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

I imagine it will. I feel that this issuance is tied to financing large scale infrastructural projects like the Padma Bridge, as in exploiting its credit rating stability to attract investors.

As of September, 2012, this is what Moody's said:

" Singapore, September 18, 2012 -- Moody's Investors Service says that the outlook for the Government of Bangladesh's Ba3 foreign and local currency bond ratings is stable.

Moody's sovereign ratings for Bangladesh's are based on low levels of economic and institutional strength, as well as low-to-moderate government financial strength, balanced against a low susceptibility to event risk.

According to a new report titled, "Credit Analysis: Bangladesh, Government of", while Bangladesh has achieved a track record for macroeconomic stability over the past decade, GDP per capita remains the lowest amongst all rated countries. Moreover, a reliance on private consumption--supported by worker remittances--and a poorly diversified export sector leave the country vulnerable to a further slowdown in global growth.

Since 2011, overheating pressures manifested themselves in rising prices and a deterioration in the balance of payments. While these have been contained recently, fundamental factors behind the shock--such as infrastructure constraints in the power sector--still need to be resolved in order to assure a sustainable growth trajectory of around 7% per annum."

See More

Obviously this is well before the current political strife. Not sure if this is the best time to issue such a bond, given that investor confidence isn't likely to be high. I read a Dhaka Bank report that highlighted the other dangers might be: foreign currency risks, further depreciation of the Taka (but that's always a risk when issuing a bond in a foreign currency), the high interest rate that you mentioned, the need to gather more expertise in this area as our domestic bond market is weak, whether we'll even be able to raise the income needed to repay this debt, etc.
Old March 12, 2013, 10:31 PM
Banned

there's going to be a massive fall in the S&P soon. better be on the ride side.
Old March 12, 2013, 11:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshprem
there's going to be a massive fall in the S&P soon. better be on the ride side.
Why? Market is undervalued I think. I think 2013 will be great year. S&P rode out despite apple failure which greatly weigns in sp. I made a mistake of selling early, it was a stretegic move, i thought sequester talk couple of months prior to the date would have some market reaction but it didn't, market riding on good data. I lost out on potentially huge gain on that decision.

The only problem I see is the current market psyche. "Fear" is not there in the market anymore. I have been telling my brother to invest in stock market since late 2009/early 2010. Everyone had fear, he didn't listen to me, brushed me aside... fast forward close to 4 years, he tells me the other day, market will be up for 2013, that's when I was a bit worried. Your regular joe wants to jump in. When everyone thinks positive, opposite will happen eventually - as too many ppl will bring money from side and falsely give rally..

I don't know about massive sell off in market soon though....based on what?? Data looks good.
Old March 13, 2013, 12:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Why? Market is undervalued I think. I think 2013 will be great year. S&P rode out despite apple failure which greatly weigns in sp. I made a mistake of selling early, it was a stretegic move, i thought sequester talk couple of months prior to the date would have some market reaction but it didn't, market riding on good data. I lost out on potentially huge gain on that decision.

The only problem I see is the current market psyche. "Fear" is not there in the market anymore. I have been telling my brother to invest in stock market since late 2009/early 2010. Everyone had fear, he didn't listen to me, brushed me aside... fast forward close to 4 years, he tells me the other day, market will be up for 2013, that's when I was a bit worried. Your regular joe wants to jump in. When everyone thinks positive, opposite will happen eventually - as too many ppl will bring money from side and falsely give rally..

I don't know about massive sell off in market soon though....based on what?? Data looks good.
2013 will be great, but not before a correction. sure company earnings and fundamentals look good, but share prices have been rising due to low volumes and share buy backs- companies buying their own shares. and QE has propped up the markets- covering up the real deal. stock prices are undervalued with respect to volatility (VIX)- at all time low. there is not muc hfear, but there is complacency- and complacency kills.

you partly answered your own question as to why its going to fall. right now the avg person wants to go long...right now is when things will turn.

start an elliot wave from nov 2012 lows and you'll see more reason why...
Old March 13, 2013, 12:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Not having fear means there is complacency and yes I was agreeing with you on a possible downtrend based on market psyche. In fact, I am praying for one. however, everything else looks good. You can talk about all the monetary policies and how it is artificially propping up market but market has been going up since 2009 till now, why would all of sudden 2013 create a crash?

Also if u thihnk 2013 will be great but there will be correction soon, you are still bullish. 'Nothing wrong with a correction for a long term investors. It's recession/market crash people fear.

I will be buying on any correction anyway. Just waiting for the opportunity.

You sound like you are short on stocks now... All I am gonna say is good luck, I wouldn't be short with my money.
Old March 13, 2013, 12:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Not having fear means there is complacency and yes I was agreeing with you on a possible downtrend based on market psyche. In fact, I am praying for one. however, everything else looks good. You can talk about all the monetary policies and how it is artificially propping up market but market has been going up since 2009 till now, why would all of sudden 2013 create a crash?

Also if u thihnk 2013 will be great but there will be correction, you are still bullish. '

I will be buying on any correction anyway. Just waiting for the opportunity.

You sound like you are short on stocks now... All I am gonna say is good luck, I wouldn't be short with my money.
i'm still long from while ago, but i'll be closing and going the other way soon. yeh long term i'm bullish because the S&P is approaching its all time high- for a third time. it might be a false breakout- induce avg joes into longs and bang, down goes the market.

it's actually been going up on a whipsaw like fashion, and when that breaks its a far greater correction. long term, i think it'll break all time highs with strong conviction.

monetary policy has been propping up the markets since 2009 bro- it's all artificial, it would crash now because no one expects it to.

the thought is somewhat counter-intuitive/contrarian. but look at a chart of the S&P from 1990s and you'll se. and you have to believe markets are manipulated and stuff..the whole zeitgeist story. this correction could bring it down 1400s. who knows, 2014 might the start of the greatest bull period of our time. key global events will happen this year. stock markets are telling u everything. look at the nasdaq. triple top.

US govt needs a way to get all that QE mone out into circulation..something is going to happen soon.
Old March 13, 2013, 01:01 AM
Cricket Legend

I agree with you somewhat actually but i am not that gloom doom type...

you can say Bernanke policies created a false stock market rally for past 4 years but all I know is I made money and I thank him for it. those dollars feel real to me.

Personally I think Bernanke saved US economy. He prevented another great depression but that's just my opinion.

anyways that's different topic, though i shouldn't say this but I hope there is a huge correction, and I hope you are right. I would love to have sp at 1400. I will back up my truck!
Old March 13, 2013, 01:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
I agree with you somewhat actually but i am not that gloom doom type...

you can say Bernanke policies created a false stock market rally for past 4 years but all I know is I made money and I thank him for it. those dollars feel real to me.

Personally I think Bernanke saved US economy. He prevented another great depression but that's just my opinion.

anyways that's different topic, though i shouldn't say this but I hope there is a huge correction, and I hope you are right. I would love to have sp at 1400. I will back up my truck!
Haha that's my man. Lets hope they keep taking it up n down n we can just milk it. Bernanke n greenspan did the same...prevent a sold called depression through loose monetary policy n in the process create growth through bubbles. Its the boom n the bust. Lets ride bro !!
Old March 14, 2013, 09:12 PM
Cricket Legend

This market is not gonna crash. We are all gonna be losers.... I am gonna jump in next week. This rally is real. Man can't believe it's march already.....already lost couple of months waiting. Usually sell off happens in latter part of year.

Like I said before, it bothers me more to stay out of the market than be in it and lose money.... I feel depressed when everyone cheers and I am looking at their ugly successful faces from the side line...

Just thinking about all the money I let go, I feel like puking.... I am too smart for that to happen.
Old March 14, 2013, 09:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
sold all my stocks today.... Thank you obama.... 30 pc in 2 months.

now i dnt mind few crashes here and there.... when they gonna start talkinng abt debt ceiling? maybe sold a bit too early by a month or so but...... i m locked and out...
this is the comment i made in late january. I had my doubts when locking in... damn!!
Old March 14, 2013, 09:27 PM
Cricket Legend

The rising stock market has pushed America's millionaire population close to its all-time highs before the recession.
Booming Market Adds 300,000 New US Millionaires

According to data from Spectrem Group, the Chicago-based wealth research firm, there are now 8.99 million U.S. households whose net worth totals $1 million or more (not including primary residence). That's up from 8.6 million in 2011 and just short of the all-time record set in 2006, when the United States had 9.2 million millionaire households.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/boomin...150608288.html

And I am not even close to one of them. If I can't even make to a 300,000 people club, then what kinda of worthless pos am I? Pathetic. I gotta be smarter than at least few of those from there.
Old March 15, 2013, 06:56 PM
Banned

Bull markets are born on pessimism, grown on scepticism, mature on optimism and die on euphoria. The time of maximum pessimism is the best time to buy, and the time of maximum optimism is the best time to sell.” - sir john templeton.

control yourself iDumb.
Old March 15, 2013, 09:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshprem
Bull markets are born on pessimism, grown on scepticism, mature on optimism and die on euphoria. The time of maximum pessimism is the best time to buy, and the time of maximum optimism is the best time to sell.” - sir john templeton.
these are just random sayings... who the hell is templeton and why should i listen to him? there are a lot more to market than some random quote.......

2 years ago this quote also would have applied, but what happened?

I think I might buy on monday.. hopefully market is down.

i usually dont listen to other ppl specially experts unless they say what i wanna hear.
Old March 16, 2013, 12:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
these are just random sayings... who the hell is templeton and why should i listen to him? there are a lot more to market than some random quote.......

2 years ago this quote also would have applied, but what happened?

I think I might buy on monday.. hopefully market is down.

i usually dont listen to other ppl specially experts unless they say what i wanna hear.
alright u go long. might make a few points.
Old March 26, 2013, 05:50 AM
Banned

£1000 (Potential Investor) Between Activision Blizzard, Inc @ 14.35 and Yahoo Inc @ 23.38

Which company will you buy share in from the two listed company above?
Old March 26, 2013, 05:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms01
£1000 (Potential Investor) Between Activision Blizzard, Inc @ 14.35 and Yahoo Inc @ 23.38

both really good companies fundamentally. which one buy depends on how long you want to invest for and what instruments you want to use...options/Cfd shares. but both good companies for long term buy and hold.
Old March 26, 2013, 05:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms01

neither.

deshprem, i think i could kick your *** in trading anyday :p
Old March 26, 2013, 05:50 PM
Cricket Savant

hi orphyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Old March 27, 2013, 12:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
neither.

deshprem, i think i could kick your *** in trading anyday :p
lol you would be asking for bailouts man. lets run a portfolio then- http://www.marketwatch.com/game/boss-trader. howz the long on the sp doing?

why neither though?
Old March 27, 2013, 05:13 PM
Cricket Legend

thats your group who are all these ppl? bc members? man, no game can emulate the real thing cuz its takung out human emotion. this is just about getting lucky.... an ammateur can join in and be the top leader doesnt mean he is not gonna poop out when he sees a loss with real money...its not the same.

i will join just for you
Old March 27, 2013, 05:34 PM
Cricket Legend

ok me on my ipad, not letting me join... but here is my trade... u can make me an account ....short 50k worth of bbry (research in motion) at tomorrow market open price. buy 100k faz. short 50k groupon at tomorrow market price.

btw i never short in real life....

or you can put me for a single trade of shrting 200k of best buy bby for the year.
Old March 27, 2013, 05:41 PM
Cricket Legend

btw bewteen activison and yahoo i wouldnt buy either ...i dont feel like giving a proper updated wel researched anser but atvi purchase should be based on gaming cycle, which you have to figure out whwre we are at now,.... depending on that i would time my entery. and its a pretty safe stock thats where the problem lies....i havent seen it move much past 6 years or so. i dont see doubling potential.

yahoo is just a garbage company. they are has beeens. i would rather buy goog at 800...

if u only have 1k u need to find a stock thats gonna move and swing......thats my opinion.
Old March 27, 2013, 06:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
btw bewteen activison and yahoo i wouldnt buy either ...i dont feel like giving a proper updated wel researched anser but atvi purchase should be based on gaming cycle, which you have to figure out whwre we are at now,.... depending on that i would time my entery. and its a pretty safe stock thats where the problem lies....i havent seen it move much past 6 years or so. i dont see doubling potential.

yahoo is just a garbage company. they are has beeens. i would rather buy goog at 800...

if u only have 1k u need to find a stock thats gonna move and swing......thats my opinion.
lol I aint putting your orders in.

cycles are just temporary, in the long run it's the company fundamentals that drive profitability and therefore its share price. And if you are holding stocks for a long time, then why would you try to time the market? why don't you leg in to positions. Yahoo still has strong fundamentals even though its business has lost its shine. that's how you judge a good company, even when times are tough, the company's operations are profitable. Look up chimera (CIM) if you want a company looking to swing.