facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 30, 2023, 12:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
I
Also in another news, this injury of Shakib makes him look like an idiot for giving that interview with T-sports.
I am sure bcb has media policies for their players. Not only this interview was unnecessary but this was intentional - a response to tamim. He is probably the one to contact t series. So BCB has no control unfornately .. players should get banned for doing stupid things like this. Unauthorized interview before heading out to wc.

I really hope this isn't an injury and we get shakibs full service but there is also something in life that's called karma. Tamim er tabiz. So it's always safer to wish ppl good luck when they are down...

Old October 1, 2023, 05:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

For some reasons Tamim is giving off Gautam Gambhir vibes.

Both are not liked and always creating chaos. But Bangladesh politics and the swines like Nannu has allowed such a pathetic situation to prevail too.

Tamim is one of the most attacking batsman Bangladesh has ever produced. He should have retired gracefully and with honour.
Old October 1, 2023, 10:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
For some reasons Tamim is giving off Gautam Gambhir vibes.

Both are not liked and always creating chaos. But Bangladesh politics and the swines like Nannu has allowed such a pathetic situation to prevail too.

Tamim is one of the most attacking batsman Bangladesh has ever produced. He should have retired gracefully and with honour.
Main culprit is the bcb president, Papon jee. Media even confirmed that they all knew about the rift between Tamim/Shakib and out of decency none of them ever reported it till this dumba$$ president revealed it to the whole world. Alot of issues comes to light because of this man, cause he can't keep his mouth shut.

What was done to Tamim is unfair but that's a discussion to have after the WC. We need JR Tamim to fire as much as possible in this WC. The more this drags on, the more this guy will feel unnecessary pressure
Old October 1, 2023, 02:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Main culprit is the bcb president, Papon jee. Media even confirmed that they all knew about the rift between Tamim/Shakib and out of decency none of them ever reported it till this dumba$$ president revealed it to the whole world. Alot of issues comes to light because of this man, cause he can't keep his mouth shut.

What was done to Tamim is unfair but that's a discussion to have after the WC. We need JR Tamim to fire as much as possible in this WC. The more this drags on, the more this guy will feel unnecessary pressure
I dislike Papon as he is an ejaculation of the same golden fibre as most of the Bangladeshi politicians these days. All his good work, which he has done is spoilt by this recent fakkra.

The Bangladesh media like any are arsonists and I don’t think they would keep anything like this under the wraps unless they are squeezed by the Bangladesh government. Sadly to say all are shameless and have to patriotism to the country
Old October 2, 2023, 08:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I dislike Papon as he is an ejaculation of the same golden fibre as most of the Bangladeshi politicians these days. All his good work, which he has done is spoilt by this recent fakkra.

The Bangladesh media like any are arsonists and I don’t think they would keep anything like this under the wraps unless they are squeezed by the Bangladesh government. Sadly to say all are shameless and have to patriotism to the country
Couple of ex-cricketers (pilot/Tapash/mashrafee) came out and openly said that there are some in bcb that is there just for the money. Nothing more and is actually harming the cricket culture in bd. These are the 3rd person they all talked about. If Papon is the president, what kind of president does not know about this. And if he does, why is he allowing this to happen ... essentially would mean he is in it too
Old October 2, 2023, 08:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Couple of ex-cricketers (pilot/Tapash/mashrafee) came out and openly said that there are some in bcb that is there just for the money. Nothing more and is actually harming the cricket culture in bd. These are the 3rd person they all talked about. If Papon is the president, what kind of president does not know about this. And if he does, why is he allowing this to happen ... essentially would mean he is in it too
I think Papon has the dictator gene passed on from the DNAs of the golden fibres in his blood like the N Koreans . Many cancerous germs in the team like Sujon, Nannu and Durjoy.

That being said Papon has created some really positive results , although most of his good deeds are over shadowed by his poor grips of the drama with cricket players.
Old October 2, 2023, 05:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Quote:
That being said Papon has created some really positive results , although most of his good deeds are over shadowed by his poor grips of the drama with cricket players.
What positive results did he possibly create since he took over as president in 2012? The only notable trophies in our cabinet are the SA ODI series win in SA, and possibly the WI-Ban-Ire tri-series win in 2019, which was the first time ever Bangladesh won a multi-nation international tournament. I find this very sad.

Barely anything in 11 years... If it was any SENA team he would not last more than 1-2.
Old October 2, 2023, 05:53 PM
Test Cricketer

The sad part is the amount of talent our young players have displayed, like winning the under-19 world cup and multiple Top-4 finishes for some time now. Anamul Haque had better stats than Babar Azam in the 2012 U-19 World Cup for instance.

Perhaps we need to look into why we can't nurture these talented young players to perform well once on the senior team. This has been the biggest failure of BCB in my opinion.

I am doubtful that all the 15 players we have sent to the CWC can even make Ranji/ County/ Sheffield Shield team.
Old October 2, 2023, 06:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
What positive results did he possibly create since he took over as president in 2012? The only notable trophies in our cabinet are the SA ODI series win in SA, and possibly the WI-Ban-Ire tri-series win in 2019, which was the first time ever Bangladesh won a multi-nation international tournament. I find this very sad.

Barely anything in 11 years... If it was any SENA team he would not last more than 1-2.
Even a half a$$ SL team (compared to the legendary one with Sanga and co) won a Asia cup recently. We won fun bileteral trophies (most of the cabinet is full of vs ZIM/WI trophies)
Old October 2, 2023, 08:41 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Even a half a$$ SL team (compared to the legendary one with Sanga and co) won a Asia cup recently. We won fun bileteral trophies (most of the cabinet is full of vs ZIM/WI trophies)
That too when WI stopped giving two hoots about ODI
Old October 2, 2023, 09:03 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
The sad part is the amount of talent our young players have displayed, like winning the under-19 world cup and multiple Top-4 finishes for some time now. Anamul Haque had better stats than Babar Azam in the 2012 U-19 World Cup for instance.

Perhaps we need to look into why we can't nurture these talented young players to perform well once on the senior team. This has been the biggest failure of BCB in my opinion.

I am doubtful that all the 15 players we have sent to the CWC can even make Ranji/ County/ Sheffield Shield team.
What we haven't done and can't seem to do is to raise the standard of our domestic cricket. We have been talking about this for the past 20 years, the need to move away from slow and low pitches.
Old October 2, 2023, 09:56 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
What we haven't done and can't seem to do is to raise the standard of our domestic cricket. We have been talking about this for the past 20 years, the need to move away from slow and low pitches.
We can up the pitches but unless we also up the living standard there won't be players..there is a reason gamla vora vat eating community of west Bengal and Bangladesh has produced only two true world class player
Old October 2, 2023, 10:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
We can up the pitches but unless we also up the living standard there won't be players..there is a reason gamla vora vat eating community of west Bengal and Bangladesh has produced only two true world class player
It's not entirely because of diet. Indians, Sri Lankan and some extent Pakistani eats similar types of food.

It's the lack of vision by the board I blame the biggest culprit. Also general mentality of people where parents are afraid to have their kids try sports. At least now they are finally starting to develop fast bowlers. 4 years ago England would've chase 200 runs without losing any wickets.
Old October 2, 2023, 10:48 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
If Sri Lanka India Pakistan can do it then our diet and culture is not an excuse. As Bookfinder said, the issue is a lack of vision. Why not focus district by district and improve facilities and pitches across the country over a 10 year period? All the ICC money we receive seem to be concentrated around the national team. The board also should be audited to see how much of the resources goes into paying the useless bunch of directors.
Old October 2, 2023, 10:53 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

We can follow the template set by our neighbors. Either become a bowling powerhouse like Pakistan or become a batting powerhouse like India or the Sri Lankan 1996 team. Both will require us to play on true hard surfaces domestically. We will then produce domestic players who will average 50+ and score a lot of centuries before setting foot in the international team. They will know how to build an innings.
Old October 3, 2023, 03:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

He had a good stint and I I think his key contribution was to take the team around when they were running like headless chickens losing to lowly associates and Shakib with point to his peanuts on the big screen to a more disciplined one. It is nothing major but I think he deserves credit where it should be. But I despise the guy as he has the North Korean dictator vibe.
Old October 3, 2023, 05:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Accurate representation of our batters

https://fb.watch/nryDuqnK-X/?mibextid=Nif5oz
Old October 6, 2023, 10:06 AM
Cricket Guru

I find this more comedy than drama. What a bunch of jokers

Medal to these guys for this PR stunt

Nagad announces BMWs for Tigers if Bangladesh win World Cup: https://www.thedailystar.net/sports/...ld-cup-3436276
Old October 6, 2023, 07:40 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

https://fb.watch/nwoyuA-GDS/

ICC released a new clip on Shakib. Some interesting takeaways about his preparation for 2019, as well as his post WC future plans
Old October 7, 2023, 11:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
I find this more comedy than drama. What a bunch of jokers

Medal to these guys for this PR stunt

Nagad announces BMWs for Tigers if Bangladesh win World Cup: https://www.thedailystar.net/sports/...ld-cup-3436276

Dhakar rastay BMW kemney chalano shomvob??
The scracthes and dents from the accidents and the mainteanance cost will outweigh the cost of the car! I have bene to Gulshan Banani. Boro lok boro gari eichob cheepa rastay chalay at traffic jam korey.
Old October 7, 2023, 12:43 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Dhakar rastay BMW kemney chalano shomvob??
The scracthes and dents from the accidents and the mainteanance cost will outweigh the cost of the car! I have bene to Gulshan Banani. Boro lok boro gari eichob cheepa rastay chalay at traffic jam korey.
Dhakay onek skilled driver ase, you won't believe how skilled they have become by driving in these hell roads and chipas for decades. When you own a BMW you won't keep a driver for 15k taka
Old October 7, 2023, 12:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Gulshan Banani has higher living standards than many developed countries.
Old October 7, 2023, 01:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
Gulshan Banani has higher living standards than many developed countries.
Agreed but the comparison is wrong.

those who can afford to live in Gulshan are extremely wealthy and live a very luxury life. You can't compare that a normal person elsewhere. U have to compare it to rich of other nation.

These ppl fly first class on plane (paid ticket not the ones many use as credit card perks). The wealthy in the developed nation fly private charter.
Old October 7, 2023, 01:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Dhakay onek skilled driver ase, you won't believe how skilled they have become by driving in these hell roads and chipas for decades. When you own a BMW you won't keep a driver for 15k taka
Dhaka is great if you are politically connected. Just look at Papon, the guy is living the life of a Billionaire in the west - who spend billions of dollars to just buy minority stake in sports franchise. Rich and powerful Sheikhs of Qatar and Saudi with their unlimited oil and LNG money struggle to buy sports franchise..

and here you have Papon, running a major international sports team wearing lungi, for years. I want that life. If anything papons deal is far better than the sports owners of the west - his level of power and involvement is unprecidented.... if he wasn't married, girls would be waving "will u marry me papon" placard
Old October 7, 2023, 01:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Agreed but the comparison is wrong.

those who can afford to live in Gulshan are extremely wealthy and live a very luxury life. You can't compare that a normal person elsewhere. U have to compare it to rich of other nation.

These ppl fly first class on plane (paid ticket not the ones many use as credit card perks). The wealthy in the developed nation fly private charter.
Oh yeah can't really be comparing top 1% in West with top 1% even in India let alone BD. In the West, the gap between top 1% vs average folks is massive. For example, look at simple things like grocery which dominated by major chains like Walmart whereas in BD you see grocery/electronic shop literally every block.

The biggest problem in BD is over population. There is actually great opportunity for BD to get to whole new level economically if BD political sector wasn't as corrupt.