facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old February 11, 2017, 07:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
If we can still apply ourselves like this still a draw is possible
First things first, need to score 166 runs somehow and avoid the follow on.

Old February 11, 2017, 07:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
We shouldn't compare sakib with mullah or others Sakib is the best in the side. He needs to show more maturity, calmnes and play accordingly, we can't look for examples in others faults in the side (mahma is sh.t anyway), and make his (sakibs) innings gloriously glorified, despite the horrible shot to get out!!

Shakib is better, player. He needs to do his thing, his bit, doesn't matter how Riyad and Tomato is doing. Shakib is much better than getting out softly, which is very depriving himself of getting more bigger innings. If he wants to play like this then number 6,7 is ideal!
Also, what is Riyad doing? This is the flattest of pitches and he is still failing.
Old February 11, 2017, 07:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Need to bat close to another 50overs somehow tomorrow.
Old February 11, 2017, 07:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Also, what is Riyad doing? This is the flattest of pitches and he is still failing.
He shouldn't be in the side. He is making us look bad because we are carrying a passanger for a decade, almost! He has been enjoying the locations, summer holidays nothing else. Most useless cricketer in BD test history, recent decade.
Old February 11, 2017, 07:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
If we can somehow bat through the first innings then I think they will not force follow on as their bowlers would be too tired to bowl on this wicket
Old February 11, 2017, 07:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Mullah out. SN in.
Old February 11, 2017, 07:52 AM
Banned

I think BD have already done enough to avoid follow-on at this point. Quality fightback from the much maligned skipper. Credit to the young bowler for sticking it out with him as well. Good signs for BD going forward.

Likely that India will bat again after BD get somewhere around 380. That's a creditable performance by BD in the face of scoreboard pressure.
Old February 11, 2017, 07:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
I think BD have already done enough to avoid follow-on at this point. Quality fightback from the much maligned skipper. Credit to the young bowler for sticking it out with him as well. Good signs for BD going forward.

Likely that India will bat again after BD get somewhere around 380. That's a creditable performance by BD in the face of scoreboard pressure.
Would you believe me if i told you Miraz is actually a genuine allrounder with more emphasis on batting than bowling, was the no. 5 batsman for his U-19 side
Old February 11, 2017, 08:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

165 more runs to avoid a follow-on. The Mushy-Mehdi partnership was perhaps the best thing that happened for us in this test match so far.

Avoid a follow on. Let India get 300 more runs till the end of tomorrow and decalre, so that we have a total of 500 to chase, and we can just go tuk-tuk on the final day to tie the match. Fingers crossed.

But we have screwed up both our second innings in the NZ tour, so you never know.
Old February 11, 2017, 08:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

Good fight from Bangladesh. This isn't as open and shut as the last couple of tests vs England.

I despise Mushfiq, but props to him for hanging on.
Old February 11, 2017, 08:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke
umpire conspiracy theorists are the worst. umpires never make mistakes intentionally. but some fans can just accept it.
And now imagine the nation wide outrage had Bangladesh been on the receiving end of both those decisions. From Facebook statuses to violent street protests burning umpire effigies. This is what makes the Bangladeshi cricket team and it's fans the laughing stock of international cricket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Look at the last NCL! Leading scorers are guys like Kapali, Tushar, Zunaid..... If they cant outscore these guys then how do u bring em in to compete internationally?
Wow if that is true, there is no hope for us! Those guys absolutely sucked back in the early-mid 2000s, and it would be scary if they are the leading run scorers.
Old February 11, 2017, 08:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Yah, can't see follow on forced. It's all coming down to mathematics now, we are trailing by 365 runs, with 180 overs to go. With 4 wickets to go, we should bat atleast 20 overs at worse case scenario. Best case is probably 40 or more overs. I am expecting our score to reach atleast 400.

1) Bat half day - we play 45 overs. At a minimum RR of 3, we score 135 runs, lets say 140. Takes our score to 455. In this scenario, India will surely bat again, because we have a deficit of around 230, if we score 400 in second innings which is possible with the pitch still staying flat, then India has to chase 200 or so in 30/40 overs. Which may be enough for a draw.

2) Bat first session only - We play 20 overs. If I was the Indian captain, then maybe I would force the follow on. Depending on the bowlers and how tired they are. See, if I am the Indian captain and then I don't force follow on, I will not know what is a good score to set. Because, what if Bangladesh actually digs in hard and bats for 2 days. So, if we bat 20 overs, score 3 at a minimum that is a deficit of around 300. Which is still too high for our cause.

Best possible scenario for us from here onwards is, we bat 45-50 overs at a minimum tomorrow. Take score to around 450 or more, make India bat again, make sure India does not score freely, with a target of 400-450 we go into day 5 doing everything to either not lose wicket or gift wickets, just dig in a trench.
Old February 11, 2017, 08:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Yes thats almost two sessions of batting.......

First session is crucial..... These two needs to carry on one of them needs to be still there in the 2ND session.

If we can bat two sessions then then we will be close to avoid follow on or at least in a position where we can still play for a draw.
Old February 11, 2017, 08:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Would you believe me if i told you Miraz is actually a genuine allrounder with more emphasis on batting than bowling, was the no. 5 batsman for his U-19 side
Nothing to do with believing you. You can't always expect u19 "allrounders" to translate their skills at the international level. If that were the case, India and Pakistan would forever be #1 and 2 for the last 20 years in cricket. Followed by Bangladesh!
Old February 11, 2017, 09:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Ashwin will be the biggest threat for BD on this crucial 4th day....

If BD fail to reach the follow-on score, then I see India batting for perhaps 1 session or 25 overs, add 120 and then have a go at BD with the deteriorating pitch....

*takes off Kumble's cap*
Old February 11, 2017, 10:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoleonIV
My comment was actually about his interview - not the way he got out. As a senior member of the team, he should feel disappointed about for getting out on a flat pitch, with his team in a perilous position.
True, but people ignoring the leading questions that he got

He got asked that's how you score your runs so you'll get out playing aggressive once in a while won't you?

And his success comment came off that, when he was clearly trying to say he's had success in the past playing aggressively

Old February 11, 2017, 10:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Spirited come back by BD
Old February 11, 2017, 10:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Spirited come back by BD
Still a long way just to avoid the follow on.
Old February 11, 2017, 10:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Nothing to do with believing you. You can't always expect u19 "allrounders" to translate their skills at the international level. If that were the case, India and Pakistan would forever be #1 and 2 for the last 20 years in cricket. Followed by Bangladesh!
True, u-19 to international is a massive gap, look at shanto, he looked like one of the best players in his age group, the complete batsmen... He got what 18 and 16?, albeit that was in nz vs a great bowling line up, but gap is still very big

Old February 11, 2017, 10:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Mehedi won't add much tomorrow, he's to inexperience to bat over 2 days and preform at the same level, it's almost like starting from 0 again
Old February 11, 2017, 10:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
Good fight from Bangladesh. This isn't as open and shut as the last couple of tests vs England.

I despise Mushfiq, but props to him for hanging on.
I don't know what the posters here smoking but Bangladesh is losing this test match 99% for now. And possibly by an innings.

ppl talk about surviving another 50 overs... LOL...

If Bangladesh can pull off a draw here - I would call that a huge success.
Old February 11, 2017, 10:35 AM
Test Cricketer

All out for 350 odd tomorrow. Sorry. Seen this play too many times to get my hopes up.
Old February 11, 2017, 10:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
But my point was that he was first a batsman then a bowler actually in U-19 level. And actually a rather quality batsman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
True, u-19 to international is a massive gap, look at shanto, he looked like one of the best players in his age group, the complete batsmen... He got what 18 and 16?, albeit that was in nz vs a great bowling line up, but gap is still very big
Unfair to compare Shanto here, because Shanto was brought to NZ just to get accustomed to the conditions. He had no practice match and he was simply played to ensure we have XI players in the side. Lack of preparation. I am sure Shanto has more ability than Soumya, Sabbir and Riad. Infact, today Scott Styris was mentioning that Shanto looked solid even when he was batting. Infact I watched a bit of Shanto in the test and he looked good.
Old February 11, 2017, 10:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
Still a long way just to avoid the follow on.
True, but credit should be given where it is due, I really liked the way Shakib counterattacked, although 5 Wks have fallen but still this day pretty much went BD's way, and that is no small feat considering they are playing against India in India where big teams often crap their pants
Old February 11, 2017, 11:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

If we knock off the 166 runs then we should declare right away.

Waited 17 years to play bleeping Test, I would like to test Kohli's mettle and see how he'd handle it.