facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 25, 2023, 06:39 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Oh yes, more drama. Tamim told management that he can only play 5 games in the WC. Shakib said he don't want Tamim in the squad if that's the case. More drama to follow lol
Why would you pick someone who can't play all games..why couldn't we let this drama queen retire

Old September 25, 2023, 09:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Why would you pick someone who can't play all games..why couldn't we let this drama queen retire
Like I posted before, 2019 would probably be Tamim's last WC. Even Lanka is going to this WC without their ace bowler who might become available mid tournament
Old September 25, 2023, 10:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Still no words on the squad announcement. I bet Zakir could just play 1 brilliant inning today and get picked for the WC. Simply pathetic.
Old September 26, 2023, 07:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Is it rumor that Tamim is not playing? Also Nafiz Iqbal is not going as batting consultant going… just before WC so much drama does it suit our current team where no batters can score consistently.
Old September 26, 2023, 09:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Damn man, how many openers did we try during Tamim's absent. None was able to make any sort of statement (aside from Miraz who isn't even a opener). And now this drama of Tamim only able to play some matches, not all. This is insane lol
Old September 26, 2023, 10:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Bangladesh announce World Cup Squad: Shakib Al Hasan (capt), Mushfiqur Rahim, Litton Das (vice-capt), Najmul Hossain Shanto, Towhid Hridoy, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taskin Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman, Hasan Mahmud, Shoriful Islam, Nasum Ahmed, Mahedi Hasan, Tanzid Hasan, Tanzim Hasan, Mahmudullah
Old September 26, 2023, 10:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
Bangladesh announce World Cup Squad: Shakib Al Hasan (capt), Mushfiqur Rahim, Litton Das (vice-capt), Najmul Hossain Shanto, Towhid Hridoy, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taskin Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman, Hasan Mahmud, Shoriful Islam, Nasum Ahmed, Mahedi Hasan, Tanzid Hasan, Tanzim Hasan, Mahmudullah
Most logical sh*t I have seen bcb do after along time. It would make zero sense to bring Tamim in the WC when not fully fit, and can't play all the matches and also let's not forget the danger he may put on his back for lifetime issue.
Old September 26, 2023, 10:32 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Salar mullah snicked through with his sommanjonok porajoy..tbh sommanjonok porajoy sounds delicious with this team
Old September 26, 2023, 10:37 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

All that drama during the afgan series for absolutely nothing..story of BD cricket..absolute nothing
Old September 26, 2023, 11:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Memorable performance awaits in WC..congrats to the selected ones hope these cricketers give everything to represent the country.
Old September 26, 2023, 11:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Oh I see tamim is excluded. I suppose that's the right decision.
Old September 26, 2023, 12:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Meh,

Tamim in WCs is equivalent to the musical-chair openers in regular bi-lateral series.

Either way we're ****ed, BCB/mgmt /coachingcouldn't find/groom a permanent partner for Tamim in 20 years and now we don't have a replacement either so the chickens are finally coming home to roost.

Effectively we are starting our batting innings 0/2
Old September 26, 2023, 01:02 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

With tamim out I hope he pics up the mic and replace that god awful athar in the com box
Old September 26, 2023, 02:35 PM
Cricket Legend

man, the news that are coming out is sickening, even if half true. This Hatura is a POS to the max level. BCB has no balls either.

I honestly can't wait for the day when Papon goes away and Mashrafee takes over. Why in the f'ing world does Mashrafee (who btw is nowhere near the team or anywhere near management) needs to come to the rescue always?
Old September 26, 2023, 02:44 PM
Cricket Legend

bhai share koren ki news. Hathuri ke anche to drama korar jonno papon bhai. U know papon wants to be the center of everything. Hathuri is his plant. eishob bangali politics bhai. Shada coach gula to eishob unprofessional kaaj korbe na. I mean this guy (hathuri) goes to papons personal residence overnight for emegency meeting. I would quit my job if my boss told me to report to him in his house.
Old September 26, 2023, 02:52 PM
Cricket Legend

papon er bou ki coach and shakib ke ilish maach er dinner khawaiche meeting er por? I wanna know. Why aren't other coaching staff involved in these crucial decisions. They don't like ilish maach?? It's just weird.
Old September 26, 2023, 03:18 PM
Cricket Legend

what is this complicated fight between these two bros shakib and tamim having. did somebody sleep with somebody elses sister in law type of stuff? why can't this be solved?

And tamim's stance is weird. If his back pain is chronic and manageable, then why does it seem like it's him who is backing out constantly. Does shakib have a video tape of tamim doing naughty stuff like russia had of trump? So tamim is afraid.

Listen i am gonna speculate if they don't share. Back in the days, the dumb moderators in this forum would have banned me for speculating. tsk tsk

against the forum rules to talk about players' (who don't visit the site) personal life but it's ok for their personal life to affect the team cohesiveness and performance. Got it.
Old September 26, 2023, 03:38 PM
Cricket Legend

^lol speculate away, heck even curse. No one is banning anyone here haha. Those days are gone. Also, yeah if you check any news channel, those news coming out is completely fcuked up (even if half true - which I have no doubt some truth is in there). They went to beg tamim to come back and they themselves put the knife to his carreer. Also, these 2 guys are 30 + with their own god damn kid. How big does their issue have to be not to be resolved by now. One day, both of these guys will write their autobiography, if I read something like he said this about me and I am mad, i'll loose my sh*t.

We were going into this WC as one of the atleast top 6 team and now i'll be happy to win agains NL and AFG at this point. Even half tamim showed that he is better than all the experimented openers we have tried over the last few series. The other openers are nowhere close to being ready or even take pressure.
Old September 26, 2023, 03:39 PM
Test Cricketer

There is no need to speculate too much on drama queen Tamim.

Squad is as expected. We just need to trust in Tanzid and hope Liton Das finds form.
Old September 26, 2023, 04:37 PM
Test Cricketer

The biggest snake is the media and armchair journalist. No Mamudullah, it means it's the end of BD Cricket, no Tamim it means BD has no chance now at the world cup.

Look at Aus, aren't they experimenting? So what IND piled on 400 runs against them. Real test and games will be during actual WC.
Old September 26, 2023, 07:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
The biggest snake is the media and armchair journalist. No Mamudullah, it means it's the end of BD Cricket, no Tamim it means BD has no chance now at the world cup.

Look at Aus, aren't they experimenting? So what IND piled on 400 runs against them. Real test and games will be during actual WC.
I think you are missing the point here. Why do you think they brought back Riyad? Because there is no proper replacement for him (yet). Same with Tamim. You saw the matches rest of us witnessed right? The openers could barely score a 20.
Old September 26, 2023, 08:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

At the rate at which we are regressing without out seniors who are now all well past their prime, this time in 3.5 years time we'll be opening up a thread here

"Pick your ODI World Cup QUALIFIERS squad."

As usual, Lord Papon Sir would still be the head of BCB and fingers will be pointed in all directions but the management.
Old September 26, 2023, 09:23 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
At the rate at which we are regressing without out seniors who are now all well past their prime, this time in 3.5 years time we'll be opening up a thread here

"Pick your ODI World Cup QUALIFIERS squad."

As usual, Lord Papon Sir would still be the head of BCB and fingers will be pointed in all directions but the management.
Next world cup will feature 14 teams and top 10 will qualify automatically. Our idiots got saved. I wish they had to play the qualifier and miss the world cup. This the kick players fans management everyone needs
Old September 26, 2023, 10:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Every game we're 20/2 and more often that leads to 60/5. Considering all the pressures associated with a WC. Wouldn't surprise me with multiple sub 150 totals.

Tamim once batted with one good arm and was able to add 30 in a final wicket partnership.

I hope they prove me wrong but a bad world cup should spell the end of this regime from Coach, Captain, CEO/Pres.
Old September 26, 2023, 11:10 PM
Test Cricketer

For the first match Tamim or Tamim Jr wouldn't play as Miraz will open the account. The remaining 8 matches they are banking on Tanzid to come good.