facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 16, 2010, 11:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Shakib is one of the guys who, even though he did go through a little bit of a rough patch, his natural talent just gets him through. We all know that he will get his form back and surely he did.

Old July 17, 2010, 05:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Hoping that he scores a total of 100 runs in this series, not many to go now and 2 matches left. Afridi is N02 allrounder now, but if Sakib can get the runs, he will maintain his N01 spot for another 6 months. He is still the N02 bowler in ODIs.
Old July 18, 2010, 02:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I just checked Worcestershire and wow they suck pretty bad..their last place in the T20 and the 40 over competitions..in the FC matches their in the lower tier of Division 2..I really wish Shakib was in an upper tier team where they win a good amount of games..well I guess Shakib will get a lot more playing time and could make the team decent..
Old July 18, 2010, 03:33 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I just checked Worcestershire and wow they suck pretty bad..their last place in the T20 and the 40 over competitions..in the FC matches their in the lower tier of Division 2..I really wish Shakib was in an upper tier team where they win a good amount of games..well I guess Shakib will get a lot more playing time and could make the team decent..
I think:
Thats one of the main reason Worcestershire is keen for Shakib to join ASAP. They have signed him as a bowler mainly, obviuosly his batting will come handy. Tiger444, you are right to point out, he will get plenty of game and if he does well he may get a contract for next season. He will also be bowling against stronger opposition compare to current Worcestershire team who have lost few of their key players from last year. Steven Davies,Gareth Batty to Surrey and Stephen Moore who joined Lancashire.
Old July 18, 2010, 05:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
I think:
Thats one of the main reason Worcestershire is keen for Shakib to join ASAP. They have signed him as a bowler mainly, obviuosly his batting will come handy. Tiger444, you are right to point out, he will get plenty of game and if he does well he may get a contract for next season. He will also be bowling against stronger opposition compare to current Worcestershire team who have lost few of their key players from last year. Steven Davies,Gareth Batty to Surrey and Stephen Moore who joined Lancashire.
I really hope he does well in counties..who knows maybe next county season he could get a contract with a better team..he's probably gonna stay at Worcestershire though..its exciting that Shakib will use good facilities and unlike other players he won't get a break..I think thats the reason Englands domestic setup is the most popular..they play soo much cricket and different types of cricket at the same time..it should get Shakib to be much more alert and it will make him adjust 2 different formats a lot faster..

I'm really hoping other players get county contracts..we really need our national teamers to play for counties..Tamim should be getting a lot of calls by now..teams must be starving for a player like that..Mushy and Zunaed could be getting looks as well..and for the bowlers if Shafiul and Mash could get chances that would be great..I know its wishful thinking but the more our players play in counties, the better they could become..it could make a world of difference for our boys..
Old July 19, 2010, 12:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Watching LIve WOR v SUS right now. Sussex is just killing WoR with their batting..... they could do with a Shakib asap. WoR bowling is just all over the place. Currently 26 over 184/1. Ed Joyce got his 100 in 86 or so balls.
Old July 19, 2010, 12:31 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Ed Joyce what player. He will return to playing for Ireland next year after the world cup. With him and porterfield opening the batting.Irish will have very strong opening combo.

As for shakib's team. They are in sixes and seven

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old July 19, 2010, 12:43 PM
Club Cricketer

Worcestershire are a good team but they have had financial problems in recent years which has led to them losing key players like Kabir ALi and Gareth Batty. Also, whilst they have Vikram Solanki, a very decent player, they have not been able to replace the consistent runs of Graeme Hick. They have some decent players but more importantly a good coaching team which should be good for Shakib.
Old July 19, 2010, 03:01 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Poor Shakib

I am feeling sorry for Shakib's team mate at Worcetershire. They are getting steam rolled by Sussex. 94/7 now. Looking at their batting. I can easily see Shakib batting number 4 or 5 for them. 95/8 as I finish typing.
Old July 19, 2010, 04:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

In the end Sussex won by 159 runs. Worchestershire now played 5 matches and LOST all 5 matches. Good luck Shakib - enjoy the great summer :-).
Old July 20, 2010, 05:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Feel sorry for Sakib to join another losing team. More losses will deflate him, hope he can have success with his bowling and batting.
Old July 20, 2010, 08:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

BD player bolei kharap team e chance peyechey.
Old July 20, 2010, 08:38 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Shakib's first game tomorrow against Derbyshire. That is if he is selected and makes it to county ground.

Old July 20, 2010, 08:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Worcestershire played like worstshire yesterday. Conceding 300+ in 40 overs, than folding with the meekest of whimper. 11 Shakib's won't salvage this team let alone one.
Old July 20, 2010, 09:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

County cricket will do Moyna and subsequently our cricket a lot of good InshAllah.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 20, 2010, 07:33 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

He makes his debut today. First Bangladeshi to play in county cricket. There will be online radio commentary .

Live - Worcestershire commentary

Last edited by MohammedC; July 20, 2010 at 08:06 PM..
Old July 20, 2010, 09:03 PM
Cricket Sage

mo bhai what time is the game?

Old July 20, 2010, 09:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Good luck Shak.
Old July 20, 2010, 11:32 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
mo bhai what time is the game?

11.00 local time
10.00 GMT

CI Scorecard
Old July 21, 2010, 12:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Poor Shakib. At least for other Bangladeshi players, the summer of misery has ended.
Old July 21, 2010, 12:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

What hurts me the most is some players who are probably inferior to Bangladeshi players in every aspect get picked for county cricket. Players like Sean Ervine, Murali Karthik, Rao Iftekhar etc are regular features of their county sides. We surely do have better players than them, i still cant believe that Tamim is without a county contract.
Old July 21, 2010, 12:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
What hurts me the most is some players who are probably inferior to Bangladeshi players in every aspect get picked for county cricket. Players like Sean Ervine, Murali Karthik, Rao Iftekhar etc are regular features of their county sides. We surely do have better players than them, i still cant believe that Tamim is without a county contract.
May be those guys are regular features because they are available for the whole season, but that's not the case for Tamim.
Old July 21, 2010, 04:24 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Mod's, please make this thread sticky. Thanks
Old July 21, 2010, 04:46 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

shakib is not playing today..
Old July 21, 2010, 04:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

i heard Shakib is in the team !! or did i hear wrong ???