facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 12, 2009, 08:42 PM
Cricket Guru

IMO, BCB should push the home serie against England to mid March so that players get a breather after NZ tour.

Old August 12, 2009, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Thanks - I am using y'alls contribution to keep the tour section updated:

http://www.banglacricket.com/tours/

Keep me posted with updates.
Old August 12, 2009, 11:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
I guess ausbangfan is right, India will be playing two Tests after the tri-nation series.

BCB is planning to arrange the first Test in Chittagong on 17-21 January, and second Test in Mirpur on 24-28 Janaury.

SLC has not yet confirmed Lanka team's participation in tri-nation, only BCCI has.

http://www.jaijaidin.com/details.php?nid=145871
is this a tri nation where we play 4 group games, or one of those worthless ones where we just play 2 group games???

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 12, 2009, 11:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
is this a tri nation where we play 4 group games, or one of those worthless ones where we just play 2 group games???
BCB will decide on the itinerary and budget of the tourny on the 18th. There will a two weeks time frame between teams arrive in Bangladesh and the start of the Test series. A double round league followed by a final should not be out of question.
Old August 13, 2009, 12:03 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

How do you guys know all these lol. I am really looking forward to that ENG series. We don't get to play them that much.
Old August 13, 2009, 02:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

What is this suppose to mean?

Quote:
February 2010 New Zealand VS Bangladesh (1 Test, 3 ODI and 2 T20) (AWAY)
Only One test? Why? Can anyone confirm this.
Old August 13, 2009, 02:55 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausbangfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Only one Test against NZ in the 2010 away series? I didn't know that. BCB should press for another Test. One off Test match in NZ condiion won't help much.
http://static.cricinfo.com/db/DOWNLO...006_2012_1.pdf

just checked FTP again. It is actually 2 test and 3 ODI. It does not mention about T20.
Old August 13, 2009, 05:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

i think they must have changed the details of the our to New Zealand, as when I looked at it it said only 1 test, 3 ODI's and 2 T20's.
Old August 13, 2009, 06:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC

just checked FTP again. It is actually 2 test and 3 ODI. It does not mention about T20.
Now I'm sure It's going to be 2 Tests and there might be 1 T20.
Old August 13, 2009, 02:56 PM
Banned

i am shocked to see that how many matches ICC associates team are getting now a days?? even they play intercontinental cup which is 4-day match tournament. no wonder that team like Ireland is doing good in internation cricket and they will be a better test team after they got test status and after 10 years they'll be very good team.
Old August 13, 2009, 02:56 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tendulkar, Ponting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausbangfan
October/November 2009 Bangladesh VS Zimbabwe (5 ODI Series) (HOME)
January 2010 ODI Tri Series (Bang, Ind and Sri) 2-3 ODI's (HOME)
January 2010 Bangladesh VS India (2 Test Series) (HOME)
February/March 2010 Bangladesh VS England (2 Test and 3 ODI) (HOME)
April 2010 Asia Cup (2-6 ODI's) (AWAY)
April 2010 World Twenty20 (minimum 2 T20) (AWAY)
May 2010 England VS Bangladesh (2 Test and 3 ODI) (AWAY)

Overall I don't think this is too bad. There's still plenty of cricket to look forward to.
So from October 2009-May 2010, in 8 months Bangladesh play
7 test matches (India, NZ, England)
18-23 ODI matches (Zim, Ind, Sri, NZ, Eng as well as participants in Asia Cup)
minimum of 4 T20's (NZ and WT20 participants)

Out of these I think Bangladesh should be aiming for 1 test win, 8-10 ODI wins and 2 T20 wins.

Interesting to see that New Zealand have only scheduled one test against Bangladesh. Let's hope this does not become a trend that other countries will follow. Maybe in November/December 2009 Bangladesh can organize some fixtures against the likes of Ireland, Kenya and Afghanistan for a couple of ODI's. This will help both teams. I would prefer these fixtures then another series against Zimbabwe.
Where did you get the information that in NZ we shall play only 1 test? In cricinfo calendar it is still showing 2 tests.

Old August 17, 2009, 12:33 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Default Tigers get busier from October

Quote:
Zimbabwe cricket team is scheduled to arrive in Dhaka on October 23 to play five one-day internationals against Tigers.

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has prepared the draft itinerary of Zimbabwe tour to Bangladesh, which is expected to get the approval in the board of directors meeting today.

During the 19-day trip, Zimbabwe will play a one-day warm-up game on October 25 and a four-dayer against Bangladesh A on November 7-10 at Mirpur besides five ODIs.

The first three one-day internationals will take place at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur on October 27, 29 and 31 while the remaining two games will be held on November 3 and 5 at the Chittagong Divisional Stadium.

The Tigers then will play a tri-nation series involving India and Sri Lanka at home that will be played at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur from January 4 to January 13 next year.

The tri-nation tournament will be followed by a two-match Test series against India. The first Test is scheduled for January 17 to January 21 at the Chittagong Divisional Stadium while the second Test will be held at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur from January 24 to January 28.

Bangladesh's next away series is in New Zealand in February 10 to 19 where the Tigers will play one Test and three one-day internationals besides a T20 game but the schedule is yet to be confirmed.

England will tour to Bangladesh to play three one-day warm-up matches against BCB XI, three ODIs, one 3-day warm-up match against Bangladesh A and two Tests from February 17 to March 25.

After the series Bangladesh will fly for West Indies to play the ICC World T20 in April-May. Bangladesh has been pitted in a group with Australia and Pakistan.

In 2010, Bangladesh cricket team will also visit England to play one one-day warm-up game, two three-dayers, one four-day, three ODIs and two Tests from May 6 to June 17
Source: Dailystar

Seems BD will play lots of matches first half of 2010.

Last edited by Nadim; August 17, 2009 at 12:38 PM..
Old August 17, 2009, 12:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=101843

Tigers get busier from October

Sports Reporter
Zimbabwe cricket team is scheduled to arrive in Dhaka on October 23 to play five one-day internationals against Tigers.
Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has prepared the draft itinerary of Zimbabwe tour to Bangladesh, which is expected to get the approval in the board of directors meeting today.
During the 19-day trip, Zimbabwe will play a one-day warm-up game on October 25 and a four-dayer against Bangladesh A on November 7-10 at Mirpur besides five ODIs.
The first three one-day internationals will take place at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur on October 27, 29 and 31 while the remaining two games will be held on November 3 and 5 at the Chittagong Divisional Stadium.
The Tigers then will play a tri-nation series involving India and Sri Lanka at home that will be played at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur from January 4 to January 13 next year.
The tri-nation tournament will be followed by a two-match Test series against India. The first Test is scheduled for January 17 to January 21 at the Chittagong Divisional Stadium while the second Test will be held at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur from January 24 to January 28.
Bangladesh's next away series is in New Zealand in February 10 to 19 where the Tigers will play one Test and three one-day internationals besides a T20 game but the schedule is yet to be confirmed.
England will tour to Bangladesh to play three one-day warm-up matches against BCB XI, three ODIs, one 3-day warm-up match against Bangladesh A and two Tests from February 17 to March 25.
After the series Bangladesh will fly for West Indies to play the ICC World T20 in April-May. Bangladesh has been pitted in a group with Australia and Pakistan.
In 2010, Bangladesh cricket team will also visit England to play one one-day warm-up game, two three-dayers, one four-day, three ODIs and two Tests from May 6 to June 17.
Old August 17, 2009, 12:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
England ki doraise? Eto warm up game khelbe keno?
Old August 17, 2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Englad ki doraise? Eto warm up game khelbe keno?
They knows they will struggle in BD like NZ did last year because of the condition/pitch

And as far as i remember Eng batters did not done a good job when they played BD in BD back in 2004.
Old August 17, 2009, 01:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Wow. That's a lot of cricket to come.
Old August 17, 2009, 01:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksta
i am shocked to see that how many matches ICC associates team are getting now a days?? even they play intercontinental cup which is 4-day match tournament. no wonder that team like Ireland is doing good in internation cricket and they will be a better test team after they got test status and after 10 years they'll be very good team.
True it is... and our beloved Steve Tikolo is blasting with 158 and 167 runs in both innings against Canada. Had he been an Indian,,,? well, he wouldve been one of the bests, I reckon.
Old August 17, 2009, 03:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Still man! We played Zimbabwe already. So from end of Aug to end of Dec, we're playing no one else. How will I spend the days in-between? Masi maira?
Old August 17, 2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Still man! We played Zimbabwe already. So from end of Aug to end of Dec, we're playing no one else. How will I spend the days in-between? Masi maira?

We will play another 5 ODI against ZIM in October/November at home
Quote:
Old August 17, 2009, 05:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I dont see any mention of the Asia cup. Is'nt it played every two years?
Old August 17, 2009, 05:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Zanaib,

Hopefully it isnt played at all.

Personally, I'd feel a lot more comfortable if anything other than Bangladesh newspapers or the very theoretical FTP were being quoted.

Ian
Old August 17, 2009, 05:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Zim will be a good practice before all the BIG matches. I can't wait. Hopefully nsallah I will follow the Lions in March going to the tigers.
Old August 18, 2009, 01:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Lots of cricket till next T20 WC. Playing Zim a bit too much though. I am expecting a series with WI soon after they settle their disputes.
Old September 6, 2009, 06:47 AM
Cricket Guru

BTW, don't forget about U/21 T20 competition in SA games that will take place on Jan 29 - Feb 8 at Dhaka.

National team should at NZ that time. U/19 team may be over there too (for U/19 WC) at that time. So, we may have a very limited pool of players for the competition.

Watch out for Afghan and Nepali teams.

11th South Asian Games to start in January 2010
Old September 6, 2009, 07:39 PM
Cricket Guru

New Zealand is not offering any practice match to Bangladesh team!

From http://www.blackcaps.co.nz/schedule/...66/series.aspx
  • 3/02/2010 BLACKCAPS vs Bangladesh - International Twenty-20
    Seddon Park, Hamilton - 7:00pm start
  • 5/02/2010 BLACKCAPS vs Bangladesh - First One-Day International
    McLean Park, Napier - 2:00pm start
  • 8/02/2010 BLACKCAPS vs Bangladesh - Second One-Day International
    University Oval, Dunedin - 12:00noon start
  • 11/02/2010 BLACKCAPS vs Bangladesh - Third One-Day International
    AMI Stadium, Christchurch - 2:00pm start
  • 15/02/2010 - 19/02/2010 BLACKCAPS vs Bangladesh - Test Match
    Seddon Park, Hamilton